Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pixel-Dan reveals more info on the 2017 Power-Con exclusives, including final mockups

Pixel-Dan reveals more info on the 2017 Power-Con exclusives, including final mockups

Pixel-Dan is back, and this time he has a look at the final packaging mockups for the 2017 Power-Con exclusives, as well as a look at the final colors on the figures. He also includes a few more details about their release.
    Check it out!

Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

The name changes are for the better, but I admit I'm a bit bummed that the claw on Lord Gr'Asp is so yellow now. I thought it looked far cooler black like the rest of him, as it blended better like a camouflaged "surprise". The price point is satisfying and the pre-order for non-attendees is much appreciated!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Warrior
    Nice, very exciting to see the changes. I think I liked Horroar better than Terroar, though.

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Looking solid and can't wait!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

I like the final colors. It looks closer to what one would imagine Lord Gr'Asp's colors might be had he been actually released in the 80s. Sy-Klone and many other vintage colored figures weren't exactly going to sneak up on someone either.

I really like the name-changes, and I'm pretty pumped for both sets!

I can't wait for the Bios!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Nice improvements on both those figures. They look really sharp.

Pixel-Dan reveals more info on the 2017 Power-Con exclusives, including final mockups

The changes are good.

Terroar lends itself to fewer juvenile jokes, which I guess is nice.

Plasmar is a very MOTU name. I like the armor change. It makes perfect sense; I think I've said about 17 times that I don't like the reuse of main characters' armor.

Lord GrAsp is still the highlight. I think I may need to spin the claw around backward to show off that rad paint job!!

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Terroar lends itself to fewer juvenile jokes, which I guess is nice.
    The only joke I can think of would also apply to Hordak. In which case, yes, that is a dumb, juvenile joke.

So pumped for these. Love the changes made, they improve the figures immensely, Lord Gr'asp is pretty much perfect now.

Okay, so last PC I got a special deal for the figures, as a thank you for helping out with something. I didn't realize that you had to buy a non-attendee badge just to order the figures, because of that special deal. Can someone please explain as much of that as possible. How much is it? How / where are they ordered? etc.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Okay, so last PC I got a special deal for the figures, as a thank you for helping out with something. I didn't realize that you had to buy a non-attendee badge just to order the figures, because of that special deal. Can someone please explain as much of that as possible. How much is it? How / where are they ordered? etc.

Thanks!
    It's 25 bucks. You buy the pass when you buy the figures.

I'm showing that the video is no longer found?

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Okay, so last PC I got a special deal for the figures, as a thank you for helping out with something. I didn't realize that you had to buy a non-attendee badge just to order the figures, because of that special deal.
    Check here for more details and discussion on Non-Attendee topic!
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

showing as "video not available"..

When I try to play the video, it now says that the video is private. What gives?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

The video will be back up very soon. Dan's prepping his social media push.
    YouTube wasn't actually supposed to even show the video yet. That's YouTube for ya!

Much better colors. Looking great!!!

Rockin' . I need to buy these

So Good. I really like that they tinkered with things to improve the designs and names.

While Hot Shot and Horroar were fine names and weren't out of place in MOTU, I have to say I do like Plasmar and Terroar better. So nice work tinkering there.

And, when changing the name for Hot Shot, it didn't make sense for him to be wearing armor with a stylized "H" on it any more, so switching that out for Laser Lot's armor is a nice touch. It also makes it feel just a little less like pure vintage parts re-use. Still a big fan of the color choice for him. Can't wait.

It also looks like the color choices were modified slightly on Terroar and Gr'asp to address concerns raised after the initial reveal. Namely replacing the grey "glove" on Terroar to be all purple and making the Gr'asp claw yellow. I think both design choices are improvements and make the figures look even better. I honestly can't tell you how excited I am that these are coming. The vintage prototype stuff is some of my favorite things introduced to Classics as it expands it beyond a slavish reproduction of earlier efforts without losing the feeling that they belong.

Even more excited for this set now than I was before, which I wasn't sure would be possible.

Looking good! I prefer the new names and the changes made are all good.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Incredible stuff all around --from the figure choice (perfect for exclusives) to the care for fans unable to make it to PC (I can't imagine the difficulty of trying to work all this out). Prices are better than expected, too!

Any word on when we might know about Super7's plans for preordering the various waves they have revealed (MOTUC, Club Grayskull, 5.75s, 3.75s)? It will be good to know how closely all the various preorders will butt up against one another, if Super7 will be tweaking the ordering system to allow ordering more of individual figures once you go all in, etc.

Some overlap will be inevitable, I imagine, as we are getting an incredible amount of incredible stuff coming up. That's just the way.

An embarrassment of riches. Good time to be a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Heroic Warrior
    Nice one. Thanks Val and Dan.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Hi Val,

I just wanted to confirm that since these are made to order as Dan stated, you won't be selling any of the exclusives at the show like you did last year?

Last year I was originally under the impression Big Bad had bought all the remaining stock and that they wouldn't be for sale at the show but then found out you were selling them when I got there.

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Hi Val,

I just wanted to confirm that since these are made to order as Dan stated, you won't be selling any of the exclusives at the show like you did last year?

Last year I was originally under the impression Big Bad had bought all the remaining stock and that they wouldn't be for sale at the show but then found out you were selling them when I got there.

thanks,
    Nope. None for sale at the show.

Last year we had to round up on production so we had some extras. But not many people bought them at the show as most pre-ordered so it worked out for the few that still wanted to buy.

This year, though, it's pre-order only.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Did I miss the price ? Or was it not mentioned?