Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Ultimates Wave 2?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

MOTUC Ultimates Wave 2?

What does everything think of a Wave 2 of the Ultimates collection on the red/blue vintage cardback?

I think it would be a good idea

Evil-Lyn (yellow toy colours) - removable cape from BG E-L, 2nd helmet-less head in yellow/white hair
    Man-At-Arms - (vintage toy colours, red boots) - 2nd head, ponytail head, weapons and 200X arm cannon
    Fisto - (vintage toy colours, purple boots)
    Beastman - (Vintage toy colours, more brighter colours used, whip with real string)
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; March 1, 2017 at 11:13am. Reason: missed out question mark in title
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I would like to see another wave of the following, but with some additions in a couple cases:

Jitsu with new vintage head
    Mer-Man with new vintage armor

Also . . .

Horde Trooper (no brainer)
    Fisto (goes for ridiculous prices and there was a shortage)
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Road Ripper 3) Dragon Walker 4) Land Shark

If it follows the formula of no new parts, I think these four are the most likely to be made:

- Evil-Lyn: yellow toy colors, helmet-less head, long staff, short staff, orb, knife, cape, Screech w/armor and stand
    - Man-at-Arms: all of his original armor in vintage toy colors, non-mustached head, helmet-less head, snake head, all of his original weapons, 200x arm cannon
    - Roboto: corrected shoulders, original weapons, Trap-Jaw weapons in silver, 200x head (possibly Hurricane Hordak's weapons in silver as well)
    - Frosta: WHITE plastic, staff, shield, spell-casting hand, and Castaspella's magic effect in translucent blue
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS ENCYCLOPEDIA
    Featuring bios, powers, weaknesses, stats, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I think the Sorceress deserves to have an Ultimates figure too, considering Matty even shorted many subscribers on her. It doesn't make sense for the one of the most important, integral characters from MOTU to be so very limited and hard to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    I think the Sorceress deserves to have an Ultimates figure too, considering Matty even shorted many subscribers on her. It doesn't make sense for the one of the most important, integral characters from MOTU to be so very limited and hard to acquire.
    Good point. I'm curious what they could add to her to "plus" her up, though. Staff, orb stand (possibly an orb as well?), some form of Zoar, and Zoar's stand should all be included. I'd love for one of her hands to be spell-casting as well. Would be nice if they could pony up the dough to take a different stab at her wings -- perhaps the Shadow Weaver approach.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS ENCYCLOPEDIA
    Featuring bios, powers, weaknesses, stats, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Man-E-Faces in original toy colours is a must. They almost made him in the vs DC two packs after all.

Trap Jaw with Cronos head and arm and lots of weapon attachments with be awesome.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Man-E-Faces in original toy colours is a must. They almost made him in the vs DC two packs after all.
    Another good idea! They should go the Man-E-Weapons approach and pack him out with multiple maroon weapons like the vintage figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    Trap Jaw with Cronos head and arm and lots of weapon attachments with be awesome.
    I thought about him as well, but given the Club Grayskull figure and the upcoming 3-pack, I don't see them doing another Trap-Jaw anytime soon. But they could TOTALLY pack him out: Kronis head and arm, Optikk's weapons in black from the weapons pak (many collectors paired those weapons with Kronis), his original weapons, Hurricane Hordak's weapons in black, Roboto's weapons in black, and FILMation Trap-Jaw weapons in black. They could even include the mini-comic head sculpt in toy colors. There are probably more options for an ultimate Trap-Jaw than any other character in the line.

The only figure I think they need to do is the Horde Trooper.

Evil-Lyn in toy colors with her BG elements (open hand, extra head, cape) would be cool. Evil-Lyn sometimes had a red cape, so they could do that to change things up as well.

I'm not wild about another Sorceress so long as those terrible drums are still in place. That construction spoiled the figure IMO.

I'd love them to make the Faceless One with Oo-Larr forearms and maybe add soft goods for his robes--but I think I'm one of the only people who wants to see that.

EDIT: Wait, I forgot, non-translucent Green Goddess. Again, give her the spell-casting hand.
    Last edited by gbagok; March 2, 2017 at 06:54pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    But they could TOTALLY pack him out: Kronis head and arm, Optikk's weapons in black from the weapons pak (many collectors paired those weapons with Kronis), his original weapons, Hurricane Hordak's weapons in black, Roboto's weapons in black, and FILMation Trap-Jaw weapons in black. They could even include the mini-comic head sculpt in toy colors. There are probably more options for an ultimate Trap-Jaw than any other character in the line.
    I support this for COMPLETELY selfish reasons. My Trap-Jaw took a shelf dive and lost a leg. I managed to repair it with a screw, and it works rather well, but I've been wanting another one in case the repair breaks down after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    I support this for COMPLETELY selfish reasons. My Trap-Jaw took a shelf dive and lost a leg. I managed to repair it with a screw, and it works rather well, but I've been wanting another one in case the repair breaks down after a while.
    I support this because I came in the game late and was never able to grab an Original release Trap Jaw.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

I don't feel like there is enough that can be done with Beastman to justify and "Ultimate" version with no new tooling. There is no alternate head, no alternate weapons... there just isn't much in the way of existing parts that could be added to make Beastman "Ultimate"

However, if some additional tooling were possible then I think a neat idea would be to do an "Ultimate Beast" pack with the classic Beastman head and armor and also include a Beast Lord head, a reworked armor and a new weapon to include in addition to Beastman's whip.

That could sell a bunch since many, many collectors would buy one just to have a Beast Lord in their collection. Many other collectors would buy one to finally get classic Beastman into their displays and a substantial number of people might buy more than one to have both.

Fisto with Red hair/beard is a big one, if only to make that figure more available to the large portion of the fandom whom missed out on him the first time.

Horde Trooper with all the extra heads originally packed with General Sunder.

Sorceress re-release just because like fisto she's crazy high in demand. I'm sure theres some minor paint tweak or relevant accessory that can be added.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Yeah, for some reason I'm really jonesing for a Man-E human face with the eyes painted white instead of black. This would be a chance to get that. Plus they can pack in all of the maroon Grayskull weapons that his classic figure came with.

I would also like:

Frosta (corrected colors, use the spellcasting hand instead of the closed fist, and pack it with Castaspella's blast effect in "ice" colors, and maybe throw in any of the various female figure swords but with a translucent "ice" blade).

Roboto (anything they could come up with would be fine, as mine finally broke from the crap plastic).

Shadow Weaver (Filmation colors, pack her with the same spellcasting effect but in a "smoke" colorway).

The Goddess (non-translucent plastic version).
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    I'm not so sure a reissue of her would be that popular given those ugly drums on her back. Sure those who don't own would buy her, but there isn't enough to plus her up like Wakko said. It would be a better option to just release her in the Club Grayskull line instead with an additional Koduc Ungol head.

I think they could probably do one more round of the Ultimates (I get the feeling the first wave didn't perform as well as they hoped) and it would probably include:

-Fisto
    -Roboto
    -Beastman
    -Whiplash
    -Horde Trooper
    Last edited by blackiecats; March 1, 2017 at 06:18pm.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    I don't feel like there is enough that can be done with Beastman to justify and "Ultimate" version with no new tooling. There is no alternate head, no alternate weapons... there just isn't much in the way of existing parts that could be added to make Beastman "Ultimate"

However, if some additional tooling were possible then I think a neat idea would be to do an "Ultimate Beast" pack with the classic Beastman head and armor and also include a Beast Lord head, a reworked armor and a new weapon to include in addition to Beastman's whip.

That could sell a bunch since many, many collectors would buy one just to have a Beast Lord in their collection. Many other collectors would buy one to finally get classic Beastman into their displays and a substantial number of people might buy more than one to have both.
    Two words. Flocked Beastman.
    Last edited by jastiles; March 21, 2017 at 10:50pm.
    Follow me on Instagram @Clo4k4ndD4gger for MOTUC pics and more.

My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Granita, Dylamug, Quakke, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Filmation Tung Lashor, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Kittrina, Hawke/Delora, Attak Trak, Roton, Land Shark, Spidor.

Since this is a Wave 2 prediction. This what i would like to see

Sorceress
    Man-At-Arms
    Fisto
    Beastman
    Merman
    Last edited by Vasculio294; March 20, 2017 at 03:37am.

I would buy every Ultimates (or even plain re-release) figure of a main character. I missed the boat on Classics and some of the basic characters are out of reach. A way to give Beastman the Ultimates treatment would be to supply him with both red and yellow armor like the vintage toys. Maybe include a small "beast" for him to control.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I'm not so sure a reissue of her would be that popular given those ugly drums on her back. Sure those who don't own would buy her, but there isn't enough to plus her up like Wakko said. It would be a better option to just release her in the Club Grayskull line instead with an additional Koduc Ungol head.

I think they could probably do one more round of the Ultimates (I get the feeling the first wave didn't perform as well as they hoped) and it would probably include:

-Fisto
    -Roboto
    -Beastman
    -Whiplash
    -Horde Trooper
    Love this lineup. SOLD!! I'll take 2 of each please.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuff View Post
    -Fisto
    -Roboto
    -Beastman
    -Whiplash
    -Horde Trooper
    Love this lineup as well.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Beast Man with more vibrant colors
    Man-E-Faces in original toy colors
    Fisto
    Horde Trooper with additional General Sunder heads.
    The Goddess (non-translucent)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post

I wish that Super 7 could make a newly tooled, larger upper body and slightly longer arms for Beast Man. Like the back of the Alcala art. Make him more simian-like in appearance.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 5, 2017 at 07:00am.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post

-Fisto
    -Roboto
    -Beastman
    -Whiplash
    -Horde Trooper
    Like this list but I replaced Beastman with Man at arms.
    My trade list.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...08#post3705608

Check my feedback.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084423/
    eBay- username -dracos70

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think there are many figures which could make a great Ultimates release. King Hiss perhaps, because both snake forms could be included. Other than that, we're only looking at figures with alternative heads (e.g. Snout Spout and Buzz-Off) or those who had extra accessories in weapons packs (e.g. Trap Jaw and Rattlor).
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Other than that, we're only looking at figures with alternative heads (e.g. Snout Spout and Buzz-Off) or those who had extra accessories in weapons packs (e.g. Trap Jaw and Rattlor).
    Good points. :^) If they could get the rights nailed down, She-Ra might be another good choice for Ultimates inclusion.

I'm okay without any more. (I honestly didn't need the ones we are getting.) That said, I would likely plunk down for:

-Vintage Colors MEF: toss in the Man-E Weapons in red, the extra head (but color that He-Man face blue for a Faker option!)

-Vintage Colors MAA: give him Dekker's mace in matching colors, the 200X cannon, all the previous heads (even the Snake Head, might as well, right?) and the Filmation MAA's cannon and the blaster that comes with the Filmation Teela

-Horde Trooper: all weapons, all heads (from GS too)

-Vintage Colors Evil Lyn: include a yellow-skinned, unhelmeted head, GITD staff(s), BGEL cape in blue, recolor Filmation EL's corodite to pass for Shakkaran Crystal from MVC Comics

-Mini-Comic Colors Roboto: add all the weapons, both heads in appropriate colors
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy