Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man vs. Lion-O NEXT ON DEATHBATTLE!

He-Man vs. Lion-O NEXT ON DEATHBATTLE!

Next up for Screwattack's online show.......He-MAN VS. LION-O!!?????

Place your bets folks!

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/ori...ater-what-next

For those who don't know DeathBattle is a show on the video game website Screwattack.com where they fit two fictional characters battle to the death! Previous battles have involved the likes of Goku (DragonBall Z) vs. Superman, Spawn vs. Kratos (God of War), Wonder Woman vs. Rouge (X-Men), Sonic the Hedgehog vs, Mario and the controversial Rainbow Dash (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) vs. Starscream (Transformers).
    Last edited by Gundam_Warrior; February 12, 2013 at 07:23pm.

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    Strength + strategy... He-Man wins

Based on comparison of the Power Sword and Sword of Omens... Lion-O wins by a wiskers length
    -------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"

This thread isn't really MOTUC, But since when does strength guarantee victory..... how is he-man more strategic than Lion-O?
    Last edited by Coptur; February 13, 2013 at 01:58pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Actually, Lion-O wouldn't be able to use his sword against He-Man. Something about how he can't use the sword against someone who's good. A pretty huge weakness when battling someone who is also good.

The sword of omens can't battle (clash with) other good swords but would the sword of omens see the power sword as good as half of it has been used for evil.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marwarscreator View Post
    Strength + strategy... He-Man wins

Based on comparison of the Power Sword and Sword of Omens... Lion-O wins by a wiskers length
    based on sword length? because the sword of omens has been broken, the power sword thus far has been indestructible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    This thread isn't really MOTUC, But since when does strength guarantee victory..... how is he-man more strategic than Lion-O?
    not a thundercats fan, but Lion-o is still a little kid in his mindset isn't he?? he-man is an adult and he isn't a dumb barbarian, he is smart and strategizes on the fly (making sand into glass to cover a lake or something etc)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

A big fan of Slush Head
    The Sword of Omens is weak compared to the Power Sword. The Sword of Omens breaks easily as seen many times on the show. Was even defeated by Excalibur. The Power sword is indistrutible, remember when they tried to destroy it in the episode Trouble in Arcadia.

He-Man is more powerful, has better weapons and is really smart. Lion-O has no chance in hell against him.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Well if you by go the adam route then he-man is also a boy, liono does grow into the man he should be so from early season 'kid' he does become the 'man' in the later seasons. They're valid reasons why the sword breaks

Mike the power sword was split in two so it's not indestructible.
    Last edited by Coptur; February 13, 2013 at 02:44pm.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Well that depends of the canon though.
    But I've never seen it break.
    I was basing it on Filmation canon facts.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    Oh hell yes!! I was hoping they would do this!

They did such a great job with Goku v. Superman. I'm really looking forward to this.

He-man's gots this fellas!

Heroic Warrior
    He-Man would win. Lion-O would be on a leash in no time and the Sword of Omens would be in He-Man's trophy room.
    Good trades with: Cammor

I'm taking this fight very seriously. Wiki has a lot of good things to say about He-man and his abilities and brains. Very little to nothing on Lion-O. I never watched Thundercats when I was younger, but liked the new show. I am worried on what version of He-man will be used, the mini-comic or Filmation.

Of all the great and amazing things He-man has done over the years, lifting mountains and Grayskull itself, going toe to toe with pre-crisis Superman and holding Horde Primes Mega Ship at bay with a rope. I can not for the life of me shake the thought of him going down by a little blaster pistol in the back by Adora. He-man's strength has been tested, but never his toughness as far as I remember.

Even 200x he got knocked back into Prince Adam during a fight. And I am afraid they may go that route just to give Lion-O the win. Because Adam is no threat to Lion-O.

I'm rooting for He-Man, but 75% of the time, those I'm rooting for seem to be the ones losing, so here's hoping He-Man wins it.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    ........ Stalemate.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I would have to go with He-Man on this fight even though I am a fan of both properties. Hopefully Mumm Ra vs Skeletor is not too far behind.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonianMike View Post
    Actually, Lion-O wouldn't be able to use his sword against He-Man. Something about how he can't use the sword against someone who's good. A pretty huge weakness when battling someone who is also good.
    Did some research:
    Thundercats Wiki: "The Sword only comes to life to combat evil"

...Sooo.... no evil opponent = no "being able to blast through the full thickness of the planet from its core to the surface in a matter of seconds", no "Eye can also produce extremely powerful ruby red energy blasts, powerful enough to repel and overcome the full firepower of Rataro's starship, the Ratstar, thus destroying it" and no "Power Up" from "great surge of power upon eye contact with the signal."

In short: Loin-O has a dagger and the Claw Shield to defend himself...

Where as He-Man can unlock the stages of the Power of Grayskull, and transform/upgrade to Battle Armor, Flying Fists and Thunder Punsh He-Man (don't know if "N/A He-Man" or "Laser Power He-Man" is the ultimate transformation)

Loin-O would have a chance IF he can unlock the "Armor of Omens"

In my (updated) opinion: Lion-O is faster and He-Man is a powerhouse...

Did some research:

...Sooo.... no evil opponent = no "being able to blast through the full thickness of the planet from its core to the surface in a matter of seconds", no "Eye can also produce extremely powerful ruby red energy blasts, powerful enough to repel and overcome the full firepower of Rataro's starship, the Ratstar, thus destroying it" and no "Power Up" from "great surge of power upon eye contact with the signal."

Where as He-Man can unlock the stages of the Power of Grayskull, and transform/upgrade to Battle Armor, Flying Fists and Thunder Punsh He-Man (don't know if "N/A He-Man" or "Laser Power He-Man" is the ultimate transformation)

But we're in the realms of magic and the power sword (at least half of it) has been used for evil so would the sword of omens instantly see he-man as good when the weapons he wields is half evil, on that i think the sword of omens would come to light.

Oh lets not forget Battle Cat would be Lion-O's to use against He-Man as he's lord over ALL cats.

(when it come to filmation he-man and his convenient plot device power feats...like moving planet in space and still be able to breath but in other episodes drown when submerged in water i will always take these with a pitch of salt by default)

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    He-Man for sure. I Like Lion-O but even Skeletor could defeat him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Slightly off topic: Cringer vs. Snarf

Well if you by go the adam route then he-man is also a boy, liono does grow into the man he should be so from early season 'kid' he does become the 'man' in the later seasons. They're valid reasons why the sword breaks

Mike the power sword was split in two so it's not indestructible.
    split into two fully functioning swords not destroyed.

also Adam is a boy but he-man is a man, he has the wisdom of a man as well adam is an older boy than lion-o (200X) and in filmation Adam is a young adult (at least 18 but I think he is 21)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    split into two fully functioning swords not destroyed.

also Adam is a boy but he-man is a man, he has the wisdom of a man as well adam is an older boy than lion-o (200X) and in filmation Adam is a young adult (at least 18 but I think he is 21)
    we agree the power sword is malleable thus reducing its full power levels. yes two fully functional swords but only half the power

Adam has just turned 16 in 200x (don't know about filmation) and is a very immature 16 year old at that, I think in the early episodes Adam/He-Man is very much in the same mind set but i will have to rewatch to be sure. Lion-O is about 12(about 16-18 in 2012 series) in thundercats as wile kit-kat are about 9 and lion-o is clearly shown as being older. As i said before the boy becomes the man especially after the trials series of episodes so the boy mindset arguement is mute as the character over comes this 'weakness' quite early on.

But this debate is on a He-Man website so i wouldn't expect the lord of the thundercats to get a fair trial.
    Last edited by Coptur; February 14, 2013 at 09:12am.

Heroic Warrior
    Did some research:

I remember episodes where Lion-O couldn't even pull his sword out of his claw holdster because the person challenging him wasn't evil. So it doesn't matter whether or not it comes to life. If it's stuck, how can he use it?

BTW I always thought that was rather lame. Because what if a good guy was duped into fighting Lion-O and said the Sword of Omens was someone else's and they needed it back. I think if anything Lion-O couldn't use it to attack anyone, but could use it to defend someone.

Heroic Warrior
    What is "evil"? It is all a matter of opinion and entirely subjective.

I think George W. Bush is evil, but some people saw him as a hero. Many people think Che Guevara is a hero, but others view him as a terrorist.

Oh lets not forget Battle Cat would be Lion-O's to use against He-Man as he's lord over ALL cats.
    Lion-O could probably hold sway over Cringer. However, once Cringer becomes Battle Cat and has the power of Grayskull within him, I highly doubt Lion-O would be able to control him.

I think He-Man would win this battle easily.

Though this is supposed to be a fight to the death, so how could He-Man truly win? He-Man would not allow himself to kill Lion-O.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'll still hold the opinion that as he's a cat the control is lionos to use as it comes down to baser instincts of the cat. I don't think the enchantment would disallow it as he-man himself has been mind controlled multiple times and needed outside help to come round.