Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: He-Man vs. Lion-O NEXT ON DEATHBATTLE!

Heroic Warrior
    How is this even a fair fight? Lion-O stands no chance against He-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    I'll still hold the opinion that as he's a cat the control is lionos to use as it comes down to baser instincts of the cat. I don't think the enchantment would disallow it as he-man himself has been mind controlled multiple times and needed outside help to come round.
    But Beastman can't control Battlecat and he has control over beasts of the land.

The thing is and this is coming from a neutral stance (and admittedly ignorant)

Lion-O doesn't have enhanced strength or invulnerability does he? He's just at whatever normal strength his species would have (but at the peak like a professional athlete) isn't he?

The sword of power was not split in two during combat, and as far as we know it can't be split in two by just some guy pulling on it right?

I don't know much re the trials of lion-o

Even though this is a he-man website the points (queries to a degree as I do claim ignorance on some issues) are factual to the characters. it's like I prefer The Rock over Bret Hart any day, but Bret Hart can out wrestle the Rock handily. (actual wrestling) when they are both at their peak. In my opinion that is. and this is someone who NEVER liked Bret Hart.

putting it to a vote would just be a popularity contest, but doing it like deadliest warrior, he-man wins (as you HAVE to allow for EVERY feat of strength and ability that both characters have displayed outside of parodies and use the established rules of both universes. so as Lion-o can controlcats it would stand to reason he control's BC, but as it's been shown that battlecat is seemingly immune to this (beastman can't control him) lion-o's power here wouldn't work.

Also have they SHOWN Lion-o control cats before? (legitimate curiousity)

so a clash of swords the sword of omens shatters, a test of strength Lion-o loses out, lion-o is probably more agile, but we've seen he-man run fast enough to create a vortex of water. (ridiculous or not, rules of deadliest warrior allow that speed)

what feats has lion-o done? (ridiculous is fine)
    Last edited by krosfyah; February 14, 2013 at 02:01pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I proudly own this piece!

Lion-O vs He-man by ~mistermoster on deviantART

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    The Rules:

Attached Images Attached Images
    -------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"
    -------------------------------------

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdeanda View Post
    I proudly own this piece!
    Very sweet! Nice portrayals of both. All four rather!

Speaking in an art sense, and from a fan of both Thundercats and He-Man. The Thundercats cartoon totally dominated Filmation's Master's of the Universe. I remember thinking it was so much more hardcore than He-Man. The fights were handled better, the villains were meaner, everything just seemed done on more an epic scale.

I wonder how much of that will have an effect. Do people get to vote? Or do these guys just do what they do?
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

As per the "Rules of Death Battle", since both the Sword of Power and the Sword of Omens are filled with magic that can recognize when beings are innately 'good', and not evil, neither sword would allow the other hero to be harmed. The outcome of the meeting, would be handshaking, apologizing for the threat of battle should they meet under unusual circumstance, followed by some playful banter between Battle Cat and Snarfer.

This death battle would simply not occur, but this is only my opinion. Oh look, there's an 8 year old having a fight between a DCU Superman figure and Marvel Select Thanos figure. Now there is something more plausible, but lets make sure some adults blog about it, to set him straight, should he choose the victor incorrectly.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; February 15, 2013 at 01:43am.

So with the sword out of play, I guess it comes down to a boxing match.....in which Lion-O is toast....unless his cat reflexes kick in and he scores a lucky scratch causing He-man to bleed out.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    But Beastman can't control Battlecat and he has control over beasts of the land.

The thing is and this is coming from a neutral stance (and admittedly ignorant)

Lion-O doesn't have enhanced strength or invulnerability does he? He's just at whatever normal strength his species would have (but at the peak like a professional athlete) isn't he?

The sword of power was not split in two during combat, and as far as we know it can't be split in two by just some guy pulling on it right?

I don't know much re the trials of lion-o

Even though this is a he-man website the points (queries to a degree as I do claim ignorance on some issues) are factual to the characters. it's like I prefer The Rock over Bret Hart any day, but Bret Hart can out wrestle the Rock handily. (actual wrestling) when they are both at their peak. In my opinion that is. and this is someone who NEVER liked Bret Hart.

putting it to a vote would just be a popularity contest, but doing it like deadliest warrior, he-man wins (as you HAVE to allow for EVERY feat of strength and ability that both characters have displayed outside of parodies and use the established rules of both universes. so as Lion-o can controlcats it would stand to reason he control's BC, but as it's been shown that battlecat is seemingly immune to this (beastman can't control him) lion-o's power here wouldn't work.

Also have they SHOWN Lion-o control cats before? (legitimate curiousity)

so a clash of swords the sword of omens shatters, a test of strength Lion-o loses out, lion-o is probably more agile, but we've seen he-man run fast enough to create a vortex of water. (ridiculous or not, rules of deadliest warrior allow that speed)

what feats has lion-o done? (ridiculous is fine)
    Has Beastman ever tried? Can he control cats why is he scared of Panthor why not just control him too. Beastmans control of over beasts isn't as straight forward as we're led to beleive it is (most noteably dragons maybe it the same for cats). Beastman isn't the Lord over all cats whereas lion-o is, there is more behind it than just 'control' (like beastman) the cats inner self would know and recognise lion-o as his/her alpha.

LionO has enhanced strength and agility which would be beyond peak human.

This is true but the power sword manipulatable in both power source and physical form on this i don't think it's indestructible

The trial are very important to the Lion-O defence as he beats each other Thundercat Strength/Panthro, Speed/Cheetara, Cunning/Kit-Kat & Intelligence/Tygra all without the use of weapons.

For me I wouldn't include the more riddulous powerfeats as these are often one offs such as Superman in the Richard Lester edit of Superman 2

Yes when he halts an attack from SnowMeow when he learns of his domiance over all cats

Usually there is a reason why the sword breaks so i don't think it would (again i'll need to check), i think the agility of Lion-O would be his best defence and offence against he-man

can't remember any silly powers or over the top feats in TC on the top of my head i'd have to look over the series to see if there were any. But he did always over come Evil what ever the threat ;-) problem is comparing Filmation He-Man to Thunderscat isn't overly fair as FM was a lot more childish and the heros were given alot of lazy get out clause's when fighting the baddies whereas Thundercats was alot more serious and anything over the top was usually not that over the top when comparing the two. if there was anything in the comics both new and old i don't know as i never read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Has Beastman ever tried? Can he control cats why is he scared of Panthor why not just control him too. Beastmans control of over beasts isn't as straight forward as we're led to beleive it is (most noteably dragons maybe it the same for cats). Beastman isn't the Lord over all cats whereas lion-o is, there is more behind it than just 'control' (like beastman) the cats inner self would know and recognise lion-o as his/her alpha.

LionO has enhanced strength and agility which would be beyond peak human.

This is true but the power sword manipulatable in both power source and physical form on this i don't think it's indestructible

The trial are very important to the Lion-O defence as he beats each other Thundercat Strength/Panthro, Speed/Cheetara, Cunning/Kit-Kat & Intelligence/Tygra all without the use of weapons.

For me I wouldn't include the more riddulous powerfeats as these are often one offs such as Superman in the Richard Lester edit of Superman 2

Yes when he halts an attack from SnowMeow when he learns of his domiance over all cats

Usually there is a reason why the sword breaks so i don't think it would (again i'll need to check), i think the agility of Lion-O would be his best defence and offence against he-man

can't remember any silly powers or over the top feats in TC on the top of my head i'd have to look over the series to see if there were any. But he did always over come Evil what ever the threat ;-) problem is comparing Filmation He-Man to Thunderscat isn't overly fair as FM was a lot more childish and the heros were given alot of lazy get out clause's when fighting the baddies whereas Thundercats was alot more serious and anything over the top was usually not that over the top when comparing the two. if there was anything in the comics both new and old i don't know as i never read them.
    thanks for the info.I was going by the rules particularly the rules posted by Marwarscreator. going by that He-Man wins without question. removing the over the top filmation stuff, He-man is still the most powerful man in the universe, Lion-O is JUST lord of the thundercats. He-man can punch through solid rock can lion-o?

Anyway you are right about comparing the toons though, it's just to me the logic dictate he-man wins easily because he is EXTREMELY strong. I say He-Man beats superman because their strengths are close and supes is (was ) vulnerable to magic based attacks which he-man's would be BUT I can see how people would argue that superman wins. Lion-o I just don't give it to him. I never saw him as very strong.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

That's ok i'd need to sit down a rewatch TC to see if ther is any more to add, at 130 episodes it may take a while lol

When it come the slogans like 'the most power man in the universe' i tend to take them with a pinch on salt because superman isn't actually a man of steel and ironman isn't invincible. I see them as more of a boast.
    Last edited by Coptur; February 16, 2013 at 04:40am.

Heroic Warrior
    Skeletor once asked Beastman why he didn't just take control over Cringer. Beastman said he tried but for some reason he wasn't able to control Cringer. If he can't control Cringer, then Beastman can't control Battlecat. If Beastman can't, then how can Lion-O? BTW I think it was heavely hinted that the Power of Grayskull was protecting Cringer from Beastman.

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonianMike View Post
    Skeletor once asked Beastman why he didn't just take control over Cringer. Beastman said he tried but for some reason he wasn't able to control Cringer. If he can't control Cringer, then Beastman can't control Battlecat. If Beastman can't, then how can Lion-O? BTW I think it was heavely hinted that the Power of Grayskull was protecting Cringer from Beastman.
    Well easy he's a cat and he would regonise him as his lord

Widget
    First of all: Hello everyone! i'm new to these forums, and am delighted to be here!

I'm mostly a ThunderCats fan, but I enjoy He-Man as well. I'm more partial to the MY series though, I must confess.

When this was announced, I started running through my mind about the pros and cons each character has in the fight, when I realized something:

I know very little about the Filmation He-Man.

So, allow me to join in this debate as a representative for Lion-O. Please inform me of the facts you have that lead you to believe that He-man will win. Here's what I have on Lion-O:

Lion-O, I believe, has better speed, agility, and overall training. Lion-O was able to best all the ThunderCats, AND an immortal Demon Priest without the aid of his Sword. I am unsure if Adam would fair as well within the same tests.

Lion-O is NOT anywhere near He-man's level of strength. On that, I'm sure we can agree. But in a fight, strength isn't everything. Especially if this is a straight up duel. I spar regularly with the Longsword, and also attend a Kendo Dojo. The strongest fighter in term of muscle doesn't often win. Especially if they rely on musculature. A simple bit of footwork and a feint can displace all that force, and allow you to cleave through your opponent's skull fairly easily.

As far as fighting TECHNIQUE goes....I can't say much from what I've seen He-Man preform. He doesn't tend to use his sword for much more than the occasional chopping of inanimate object and deflecting. If the series proper states that he is a Master Swordsman, please let me know. I'd rather not be in the dark about this.

However, Lion-O has mastered all the different forms of Thunderian Martial Arts. He's a skilled combatant, and a master of all weapons. In hand to hand, he was able to physically best Mumm-Ra. That's not an easy feat. Now as far as He-Man vs Superman goes......it's no surprise that He-man could hurt him. Superman is weak against magic. Not to mention Skeletor was using him, and is only limited to what he personally knew about the Kryptonian. In an open one on one fight....Superman would've eradicated He-Man. So while it's fun to bring up, it's hardly a point of sincere reference.

The Weapons.

In realistic terms, He-man uses something between a broad sword, and a hand and a half sword. In the cartoon, I've never seen him use his shield. The broadsword is a good weapon for fast attacks, but suffers due to being a one-handed weapon. Lion-O, on the other hand, wields a weapon that can range from dagger to Longsword. And a gauntlet that seems to be indestructible. On basis of the gear they sport, this gives Lion-O a heavy advantage.

As far as I know, in the Filmation series, He-Man's Sword of Power was little more than a conduit for the Power of Grayskull. Aside from that, I'm not sure what else it's capable of. Again, if someone has better information, please tell me. Lion-O's Sword of Omens though....and pretty much do everything from creating force fields, to warning him of danger.....to moving the Sun. As far as it getting broken goes...well, plots plots plots. If the He-Man writers had decided to go the same path, I'm sure He-Man's Sword would've been broken as well.

The Villains

Often times, you can judge a hero by the villains he faces. In this, I would again have to give the point to Lion-O. In terms of villains, I'd find Mumm-Ra more threatening than Skeletor. Skeletor was clever, I'll give him that. But he was for the most part little more than a pest for He-Man. One punch, throw, or snappy comeback sent him running. Mumm-Ra's more invasive. Going into dreams, trapping you in other dimensions (which Skeletor did, as well), and basically watching you at any given time. Their M.O's are similar (they're 80's villains, afterall) but if you pitted Mumm-Ra against He-Man, he'd probably start trouble in his life by revealing his secret identity, then attacking when He-Man is emotionally weak. That's just how he is. That, and Mumm-Ra conquered Thundera, imprisoned the ThunderCats, and killed Bengali. I don't recall Skeletor being able to pull anything like that off.

I believe the fight will ultimately come down to one thing: If Death Battle forgoes the Sword of Omen's inability to harm a good guy. If they do, I believe Lion-O will win. If not, He-Man has the stronger advantage.

Also, BattleCat will probably not be involved in this, as the opponents are not allowed outside help.

Thank you for your time and patience!

I hated the Goku vs Superman death battle. I found it horrible bias against Goku. I'll give this one a chance but I don't have an high hopes for this being actually good.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLiger View Post
    I hated the Goku vs Superman death battle. I found it horrible bias against Goku. I'll give this one a chance but I don't have an high hopes for this being actually good.
    That's absolute NONSENSE. And here's my proof. Start at the 15:43 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwN0O4iNnrM

Quote Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
    That's absolute NONSENSE. And here's my proof. Start at the 15:43 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwN0O4iNnrM
    Disagree with me all you want, it is still my opinion.
    I'll give the He-Man vs Lion-O one a chance maybe it will come out better.

It's a show for entertainment value. At the end of the day it's all a matter of opinion. I figure at the end of the day it's a great positive promotion for He-Man/Masters and the Thundercats.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLiger View Post
    Disagree with me all you want, it is still my opinion.
    I'll give the He-Man vs Lion-O one a chance maybe it will come out better.
    Fact trumps opinion.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    Any updates on this??

A fight between He-Man and Lion-O would never occur unless both were being mind controlled by another force.

Even if this was the case Adam basically (for the most part) completes each mission/battle on his own after turning into He-Man - whereas Lion-O a good deal of the time depends on the other Thundercats for help after he calls them to battle.

So (a mind controlled) He-Man vs. Lion-O: He-Man wins hands down (though I still think the Sorceress would stop the battle before it occurred).

He-Man vs. all the Thundercats might be interesting to see though. Especially if they were all trying to help contain an out of control mind-controlled He-Man.

DEATH BATTLE He-man Vs Lion-O

Has anyone checked out the He-man / Lion-O previews on www.ScrewAttack.com they make He-man look like a joke compared to the seriousness of Lion-O. I still see no way for Lion-O to beat He-man, especially since they are comparing Filmation where He-man can make sheets of glass out of sand with the wave of his hand. lift mountains, or toss Grayskull into space. He-'s run at super speeds cross country, and all I see Lion-O do is a bunch of back flips.

The fight is Firday May 31st, two days away. Who do you think will win?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Who do you think will win?
    The answer is obvious...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    i met Carrot Top once here in Orlando. he is as terrifying as he is baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post

Wow... That's just down right scary and yet hilarious at the same time.

The preview videos are really funny.
    And I would have to say the most powerful man in the universe would have to win.

R.I.P. Lion-O.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy