Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Strobo In March!!! 3/15 Matty Sale Announced! w/ Strobo update

I can remember the day when we were educating TG on who Strobo was on this very forum. Now here he is in action figure form.

2013 is shaping up to be such an awesome year for MOTUC!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    It could also always backfire too though and they may **** some people off and they may just give up.
    The only ppl it would anger are non subbers/cherry pickers, and Matty's sales and marketing isn't designed for casual customers anymore. The only thing this does is reiterate the sub system and highlight it's "necessity" juuuuust as the filmation sub has gone on sale.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    No Fang Man for the non-subscribers? Uh-oh, get those torches & pitchforks!
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

It's crazy! It's crazy!

I can't believe they're doin' this!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Strobo plus with the extra head,a second version of zodak and king heman and now the exclusive fang man. Great month,also my birthday month so this is even sweeter.

I do hope those that do not want Filmation characters will help out fellow collectors for a fair price. With the new Filmation sub happening,I see fang man becoming a $100+ figure over nite.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    To be fair, they said this could happen last summer. Whether or not anybody thought this scenario would actually happen is another story, and not at all ToyGuru nor Mattel's fault.
    You are correct that they did use as a sub lure the threat that this would happen, however - all this "artificial scarcity" nonsense is entirely "their fault". It's a situation they intentionally create to manipulate the market and the fan base. It's not like there is some government restriction that says how many figures Matty can make, or some unseen "Horde Prime"-like force that dictates how many of each figure Mattel can produce, or, more accurately, how many they can choose to sell at this time.

I'm a sub holder, I only wanted one, so I really don't care - but I cannot help but touch these facts:

1) I do not believe they have ever announced a sale for the next month before we even got through this month.

2) They are currently pushing a Filmation sub, of which this figure is of that "faction".

3) No where does it say its "gone forever", or a factory issue, or any other statement that leads one to believe that they CAN'T sell more, but that they very well could be choosing it to at this time.

4) Scott knew full well this Filmation sub would be coming when it was, long ago - it's very possible that if there actually are not more figures to be sold at a later date that it was completely intentional, because...

5) All this scarcity nonsense is completely planned, generated, and maintained at the sole will of Scott/Mattel/etc. - there are no rare minerals at use here, there are no external forces dictating this, it's a completely invented and fabricated way for them to corner collectors into feeling they must have a sub, because they will not do business any other way than the flawed blind-sub model.

So I don't see any way this is not their "fault" - they may have threatened it previously, I will grant you - but it is entirely a situation of their own making.

I'm going to sell my Fang Man for Castle Grayskull day of prices.

I'm happy to get Strobo early!

Two figures as the sub exclusive???

What happened to Fang Man being available outsite the sub??

OK so now Mattel can do whatever the hell they want???

Exclusive Figures:

Wun-Dar
    Pre-Eternia Disguise He-Man
    Shadow Weaver

Now we get 2??? King He-Man & Fang Man????

*** Mattel.............
    Last edited by Megalodon; February 12, 2013 at 09:09pm.

Heroic Warrior
    People can still order Fang Man on BBTS for $39.99. I doubt he will go for that much he's just not an essential character.
    Last edited by Bjjer; February 12, 2013 at 09:12pm. Reason: Correction

This is the classic dirty game! I'm sick of it! Enough! I'm out!

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    You are correct that they did use as a sub lure the threat that this would happen, however - all this "artificial scarcity" nonsense is entirely "their fault". It's a situation they intentionally create to manipulate the market and the fan base. It's not like there is some government restriction that says how many figures Matty can make, or some unseen "Horde Prime"-like force that dictates how many of each figure Mattel can produce, or, more accurately, how many they can choose to sell at this time.
    This x 5. This is such a transparent marketing ploy it's embarrassing. I totally understood the warning that limited day-of stock might leave cherry pickers high and dry, but basically making Fang Man a sub exclusive BEFORE the sale even happens? Can't get much more limited than zero. So very manipulative.

I wonder if Scott considered that this ploy might turn off potential FILMation subbers? "Well, I already missed out on Fang Man. Not gonna bother with the rest then."

Waaaaah! I don't have a sub! I won't be getting Fang Man! I will have to find another way to get him later.

But I am glad that there's real benefits for people who subscribe! This is exactly the right move IMO. Subscribers should have perks that civilians don't have, to encourage subs!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post

I'm a sub holder, I only wanted one, so I really don't care - but I cannot help but touch these facts:

1) I do not believe they have ever announced a sale for the next month before we even got through this month.

2) They are currently pushing a Filmation sub, of which this figure is of that "faction".

3) No where does it say its "gone forever", or a factory issue, or any other statement that leads one to believe that they CAN'T sell more, but that they very well could be choosing it to at this time.

4) Scott knew full well this Filmation sub would be coming when it was, long ago - it's very possible that if there actually are not more figures to be sold at a later date that it was completely intentional, because...

5) All this scarcity nonsense is completely planned, generated, and maintained at the sole will of Scott/Mattel/etc. - there are no rare minerals at use here, there are no external forces dictating this, it's a completely invented and fabricated way for them to corner collectors into feeling they must have a sub, because they will not do business any other way than the flawed blind-sub model.

So I don't see any way this is not their "fault" - they may have threatened it previously, I will grant you - but it is entirely a situation of their own making.
    I totally agree!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

There's been many people saying they don't want Filnation lately so there should be a few Fangmen for sale afterwards
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Woo Hoo!

Strobo, King He-Man, and Fangman in March!

..the fact that he isnt on sale on the day of sale has me VERY worried! I mean, what if they didnt order "exactly" enough to fill all the sub orders + have more extra jsut for customer service... which lucky few of us will get a refund instead of a Fangman in march I wonder?!

...[faceplam]...

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going to try and pick up an early access Strobo, but, holy cow, people are going to riot about the lack of Fang-Man on day of sale. Glad I'm a subber...

I wonder if they are trying to pump up sales for the upcoming Filmation subscription.

Feels great to be part of the sub holder club.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I wonder if they are trying to pump up sales for the upcoming Filmation subscription.
    I think it's transparently clear that's their intention. Pure, hardcore, in-your-face scare tactics.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Two figures as the sub exclusive???

What happened to Fang Man being available outsite the sub??

OK so now Mattel can do whatever the hell they want???

Exclusive Figures:

Wun-Dar
    Pre-Eternia Disguise He-Man
    Shadow Weaver

Now we get 2??? King He-Man & Fang Man????

*** Mattel.............

Quote Originally Posted by Molgran View Post
    This is the classic dirty game! I'm sick of it! Enough! I'm out!

From the subscription page: http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.249805700
    The club-exclusive figure will never be sold at MattyCollector.com, and regular club releases may or may not be available for purchase at our regular monthly sales (around the 15th of the month). If these club releases are made available, both subscribers and non-subscribers will have the chance to purchase them, but the price will be higher than through the subscription ($27 for regular figures). Availability isn’t guaranteed and the purchase limit is ten (10) per person.
    As for the notion that this is a transparent ploy to get people to subscribe... that seems quite obvious. I am surprised anyone is surprised. It doesn't mean it's wrong... just a sales tactic. Like the subscriber bonus. We were all well informed. People made choices. They should own those choices.

Before people freak out too much, we'll need to see what the final demand for Fang Man actually is. It might not be as bad as you think. I hope everyone who wants one gets one, though! You just might have to pay a little more.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    The only ppl it would anger are non subbers/cherry pickers, and Matty's sales and marketing isn't designed for casual customers anymore. The only thing this does is reiterate the sub system and highlight it's "necessity" juuuuust as the filmation sub has gone on sale.
    It could also **** off subscribers who sometimes buy extras on sale days. Like me for example. I'm a subscribe-or and I LOVE FILMation. What if I wanted a 2nd Fang Man. 1 to keep MOC, 1 to open. Guess I'll just leave him MOC with my one sub.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'm a subscriber and only need 1 Fangman. BUT! what absolutely stupid timing to do this! They are selling a Filmation sub and the first figure they make non DOS is.... you guessed it! a FILMATION character! So any Filmation completist jumping on board this year after hearing about the Filmation sub is screwed out of getting Fang Man! But then that's the dumbness to expect from Matty right?

Better go to BBTS folks as they only have 9 pre-orders for Fang Man left!

The Fighting Foe Men better NOT have any DOS either, so folks can offload those much easier!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Strobo unlike TOD Sorceress I want.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm going to sell my Fang Man for Castle Grayskull day of prices.
    Don't laugh... one day you might be able to get a couple hundred bucks for a MOC Fang Man!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra