Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Strobo In March!!! 3/15 Matty Sale Announced! w/ Strobo update

Hybrid View

UPDATED: Strobo In March!!! 3/15 Matty Sale Announced! w/ Strobo update

Update from Scott about Strobo:

"Hey He-Fans,

I know there is some concern about Strobo selling out fast. As we noted, he really is our "2013 traveling convention" figure, but as a special bonus we made a very small amount available during Early Access for sub holders. Strobo will still be available at Grayskull Con, Power-Con, NYCC and a limited amount in late fall on Mattycollector.com (much as we did for TOD Sorceress) so today was not the only opportunity to get Strobo.

See you at the cons!

Scott"

-----------------

Ooh ooh ooh! Early Access, baby!
    No Fang Man for the non-subscribers? Uh-oh, get those torches & pitchforks!

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...anhattan-more/
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    YES! This Early Access stuff is actually worthwhile after all!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Traveler
    oh boy... very interesting

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

Glad to be a Subber! What a great haul in March! And Strooooooooooooobooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm very excited.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

im very excited to get strobo this early. unexpected but delightful.

i almost feel bad about fang man but then again i feel anyone who didnt sub prolly was ready to cherrypick and not into him. so kudos to the ebay and bbts types im sure like myself that is always the backup plan. glad its an option.

now for room making for strobo to go with zodak and zodac

Heroic Warrior
    Strobo = awesome, no waiting all year like for Sorceress.

Fang Man - whoa, people are gonna light some torches.

That said, this is a clearly transparent scare tactic - have we EVER had next months sale revealed before this months even happened? I can't recall in my time here.

This is clearly being done to scare people into the Flmation sub, and I have a feeling that Fang Man will end up day of sale some time later this year. It just makes no sense for them to have only exactly made enough for sub holders.

Awesome for Strobo!

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I feel bad for people who didn't go for the sub or couldn't and who want Fang-Man, but at the same time torch lighting shouldn't be happening. Mattel made it very clear this scenario could happen.

That said, this is a clearly transparent scare tactic - have we EVER had next months sale revealed before this months even happened? I can't recall in my time here.

This is clearly being done to scare people into the Flmation sub, and I have a feeling that Fang Man will end up day of sale some time later this year. It just makes no sense for them to have only exactly made enough for sub holders.

i doubt they ONLY made enough for subbers, probably satisfied the sub numbers plus CS stock in case of returns of damaged product.

Honestly, this might not be popular, but it is smart business if they really did only produce enough for subscribers. It reduces the chance of being stuck with excess figures they can't sell and will possibly change the minds of people who were/are on the fence about subscribing in the future.

I so want 3 Strobos!
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I guess my Zodak will get to show his face early! YES!!!

I just read the news. Seems like a cheap tactic and a punishment for non suscribers. All this was suposed to be about fun and joy and nostalgia and now it's all about terror and regret for not subscribing. At least it semms like that.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'hartley View Post
    I just read the news. Seems like a cheap tactic and a punishment for non suscribers. All this was suposed to be about fun and joy and nostalgia and now it's all about terror and regret for not subscribing. At least it semms like that.
    Or it's about selling more subscriptions and generating more profit.
    Last edited by Prince Adam's Dad; February 16, 2013 at 06:45pm.

Quote Originally Posted by O'hartley View Post
    It just seems like that. I think that it is great. He will still be available at other cons that are not sdcc and prob some left over for Matty again at the end of the year. This is just a sneak preview release.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    It just seems like that. I think that it is great. He will still be available at other cons that are not sdcc and prob some left over for Matty again at the end of the year. This is just a sneak preview release.
    I do not mind loosing that Strobo guy. The Fang Man thing is that makes me feel unconfortable and possible future wanted figures, in my case: Octavia, Mantenna, Castaspella, etc.
    Last edited by O'hartley; February 16, 2013 at 12:46pm.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Yeah! Strobo I wasn't expecting til later.

Fang Man, Keldor & Dr. Manhatten...sweet I get my own Blue Man group in March.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Booya! And Keldor! I kinda regret picking him up when I had the chance on cyber Monday.

Heroic Warrior
    I like Strobo...

So it looks like Fang Man, along with King He-Man, are going to be the rarest figures in the line thus far, moreso than Fisto.
    To be fair, they said this could happen last summer. Whether or not anybody thought this scenario would actually happen is another story, and not at all ToyGuru nor Mattel's fault. It's a tricky business decision, because this sends the message for 2014 AND for the Filmation sub "If you are serious about getting the figures you like, subscribe- otherwise you may end up with a gap in your collection."
    I think sales of the 2014 sub are going to be all set come this summer... LOL!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    So it looks like Fang Man, along with King He-Man, are going to be the rarest figures in the line thus far, moreso than Fisto.
    To be fair, they said this could happen last summer. Whether or not anybody thought this scenario would actually happen is another story, and not at all ToyGuru nor Mattel's fault. It's a tricky business decision, because this sends the message for 2014 AND for the Filmation sub "If you are serious about getting the figures you like, subscribe- otherwise you may end up with a gap in your collection."
    I think sales of the 2014 sub are going to be all set come this summer... LOL!
    It could also always backfire too though and they may **** some people off and they may just give up.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Cool to have Strobo so soon! I was lookin' forward to the goofy SOB. Man, March is gona be awesome! That should be enough to make me forget about NA He-Man for at least another week before the burning desire sets back in. July feels so far...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    To be fair, they said this could happen last summer. Whether or not anybody thought this scenario would actually happen is another story, and not at all ToyGuru nor Mattel's fault.
    You are correct that they did use as a sub lure the threat that this would happen, however - all this "artificial scarcity" nonsense is entirely "their fault". It's a situation they intentionally create to manipulate the market and the fan base. It's not like there is some government restriction that says how many figures Matty can make, or some unseen "Horde Prime"-like force that dictates how many of each figure Mattel can produce, or, more accurately, how many they can choose to sell at this time.

I'm a sub holder, I only wanted one, so I really don't care - but I cannot help but touch these facts:

1) I do not believe they have ever announced a sale for the next month before we even got through this month.

2) They are currently pushing a Filmation sub, of which this figure is of that "faction".

3) No where does it say its "gone forever", or a factory issue, or any other statement that leads one to believe that they CAN'T sell more, but that they very well could be choosing it to at this time.

4) Scott knew full well this Filmation sub would be coming when it was, long ago - it's very possible that if there actually are not more figures to be sold at a later date that it was completely intentional, because...

5) All this scarcity nonsense is completely planned, generated, and maintained at the sole will of Scott/Mattel/etc. - there are no rare minerals at use here, there are no external forces dictating this, it's a completely invented and fabricated way for them to corner collectors into feeling they must have a sub, because they will not do business any other way than the flawed blind-sub model.

So I don't see any way this is not their "fault" - they may have threatened it previously, I will grant you - but it is entirely a situation of their own making.

Oh man I didn't even see that he won't be up for day of. Uh-oh.

Secondly while I need Keldor, it does suck I had to cherry pick the BF/CM sale & he was left out. Oh well at least I'll get him this time.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Okay for my fellow orgers that have used early access. How does it work, and how easy is it??

Great news on Strobo!
    I already have my extra Zodak to display helmet less!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Very cool! Now I just have to remember.