Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Strobo In March!!! 3/15 Matty Sale Announced! w/ Strobo update

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    From the subscription page: http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.249805700

As for the notion that this is a transparent ploy to get people to subscribe... that seems quite obvious. I am surprised anyone is surprised. It doesn't mean it's wrong... just a sales tactic. Like the subscriber bonus. We were all well informed. People made choices. They should own those choices.

Before people freak out too much, we'll need to see what the final demand for Fang Man actually is. It might not be as bad as you think. I hope everyone who wants one gets one, though! You just might have to pay a little more.
    Wow that was harsh...

...yet very true.

So much for all those people who said that Mattel was just throwing out idle threats when the sub sales were open last year.

Heroic Warrior
    Surprised they picked a character like Fang Man to not sell any day off. I think he would have sold quite well.

Also if they really wanted to sell more subs last year, I think announcing a character like Fang Man wouldn't sell day off, would have helped sales of the sub a lot. Glad I'm subbing this year for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    As soon as this thread posted I ran to BBTS and ordered my Fang-Man. I'm a cherry picker, but I subbed for the Filmation series. Fang-Man was one of my most wanted figures this year, so I hope BBTS comes through for me.
    Wise move Though I doubt he will sell for as much as Shadow Weaver is now going for, I think you'd pay more than $40 for him on eBay etc... and BBTS are excellent. You will get your Fang Man fine I got Shadow Weaver from them last year.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    It could also **** off subscribers who sometimes buy extras on sale days. Like me for example. I'm a subscribe-or and I LOVE FILMation. What if I wanted a 2nd Fang Man. 1 to keep MOC, 1 to open. Guess I'll just leave him MOC with my one sub.
    Then you should have bought two subs instead of one, and sell off the extras that you don't want........Sorry, that's the Mattel answer.

This would have bothered me, but the price increase this year all ready ended my buying extras on sale days. I'm fine with the one sub that I am getting, but it does suck not only for non-subbers, but subbers who do want an extra one.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I am a subscriber but this tactic is awful. Basically Fang man is a sub exclusive as King He man is. Before the subscriptions sell, they said that there would be limited DOS sale. That would be something reasonable if the early access granted us to buy the monthly figure. Since that is not the case mattel already knew the amount for Fang man figures would be limited to subscribers only but they didn`t say that. I wonder what would happen with Octavia in june.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    RE: No day-of Fang Man.

yodafreakmaster to the rescue! I'm sure he will have a few to sell. He has like...what...50 subs?
    Now I expect his pm box to be overloaded with requests pretty soon! He might have to sell them at $100 a piece with a free FFM set with every purchase!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think it sucks that it was Fang Man that this happened to because he comes with some awesome accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Now I expect his pm box to be overloaded with requests pretty soon! He might have to sell them at $100 a piece with a free FFM set with every purchase!
    He said he was going to need help selling the extras. So...you're welcome.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 12, 2013 at 09:07pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Finally a good reason to use the early access, however it's gonna cost extra shipping!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I want that figure sooo bad. He's one of my they have to make that figure...
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

So much for all those people who said that Mattel was just throwing out idle threats when the sub sales were open last year.
    I guess people won't complain again about that particular issue anymore...
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

It would be pretty interesting if Karratti and Fighting Foe Men have extras for Day Of, since Fang Man is arguably a much more popular character.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It's not meant to be condescending. It's just the truth. I realize it seems unfair, so I can understand your viewpoint. I'm not saying it's fair that some people can't get a sub. But that's just life. There's nothing condescending about that. I can't get a Ferrari. I can't get a big house with a pool. Or, well, maybe I could do the latter if I bought less toys!
    If everyone saw everything in black and white like you do, I'd hate to think what kinda place the world would be in. I'm a subber but I can show some sympathy to those who CAN ONLY afford to buy their favourite characters. Not even mentioning the subscribers who want extras!

Wise move Though I doubt he will sell for as much as Shadow Weaver is now going for, I think you'd pay more than $40 for him on eBay etc... and BBTS are excellent. You will get your Fang Man fine I got Shadow Weaver from them last year.
    I hope you're right.
    Now I have to find someone to sell me an Octavia

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post

5) All this scarcity nonsense is completely planned, generated, and maintained at the sole will of Scott/Mattel/etc. - there are no rare minerals at use here, there are no external forces dictating this, it's a completely invented and fabricated way for them to corner collectors into feeling they must have a sub, because they will not do business any other way than the flawed blind-sub model.
    Plastic is made out of oil...
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

they will eventually have some left over day-of stock up for sale and people can grab him then.

Why am I laughing at this? That's TOTALLY what I'd do if I was Yodafreakmaster, to have rid of the damn Foe Men!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    People can still order Fang Man on BBTS for $39.99. I doubt he will go for that much he's just not an essential character.
    Not anymore. Looks like this news caused his preorder to sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    I hope you're right.
    Now I have to find someone to sell me an Octavia
    The Filmation characters were what swayed me into subbing. Most of my friends are in the same mind, so afraid I can't help you there. Octavia might be available DOS though... I just wish Scott would say which figures are getting no DOS for all those currently in production!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Guess Matty says...

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    very glad I subbed now. Fang Man was my favorite reveal! Gonna be expensive month though....gotta have a Strobo and last change to get a Keldor.....ugh. Wife's gonna be ******....lol.

My. God.
    After the great weekend of news (GI Joe, SW Black series, CG, Filmation figs) Scott goes all North Korean on us pickers with the Fang-Man atomic bomb. Holy hell, I wanted Fang-Man badly and now he is not for sale? Really? Really?
    I dont want a sub, I don't earn much but I could make an effort to pay for it, its just that I'm not interested in all the figures, just some of them, why do I have to buy and pay shipping for stuff I dont want?
    Still cannot believe this news.
    What a joke....

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Fangman, to subscribers only? REALLY?! I wonder if that means people will be willing to pay for mine since I have no need for him.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

So this is the beginning of the end for “cherry pickers”. We all knew Mattel were eventually going to do everything in their power to put an end to them once and for all. This is just the start. It’s terrible, really. I can’t defend this tactic. Yes, I am a subscriber this year, but I have previously been a cherry picker before, so I can very much see both sides of the coin. I've noticed that a lot of "subbers" are basically giving off a "live with it" vibe. Incredibly easy to say when your on the right side of the fence. I feel that that is needlessly ruthless. This is really, really sad. Fang-Man has been wanted since day one by an awful lot of people. This is truly terrible, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Then you should have bought two subs instead of one, and sell off the extras that you don't want........Sorry, that's the Mattel answer.

This would have bothered me, but the price increase this year all ready ended my buying extras on sale days. I'm fine with the one sub that I am getting, but it does suck not only for non-subbers, but subbers who do want an extra one.
    LOL... yep, that is Mattel's answer and exactly what I do... I have two subs because I want two of some figures, but not all of them.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I love it! Scott clearly stated that some 2013 figures would have zero day of stock during the 2013 subscription drive. This may tick off some people, but it could go a long way to making the 2014 subscription happen if people fear they could miss out on some figures unless they sign up.