Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 953

Thread: UPDATED: Strobo In March!!! 3/15 Matty Sale Announced! w/ Strobo update

  1. #501
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Come on EC, you have never been on toy sites before 2010 or read a to magazine,good lord, th first thing idid as I kid when we first got the Internet was look up toy sites. You are a tiny tiny minority on this one. No way would most people have missed motuc news from sdcc 2008 on.

    That is just silly.
    Man that was so me. The first thing I found on that old CRT was a website called action figure resource or something like that. Before we got a PC all I had was Toyfare and Lee's Magazine

  2. #502
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Actually, I do think you may have taken it a bit personally - I think his statements were in response to you and a few others who insist that anyone who didn't know about this line after SDCC 2008 is somehow in the minority - and you are seeing post after post of people saying their personal story is otherwise.

    ....

    Yeah, I think you and I are agreeing here, but aren't we still, like, fighting or something from a thread that I honestly can't remember which one at the moment?

    This must be one of those episodes where a good guy has to team up with a bad guy to defeat a common foe?

    Since I'm being nice I won't say which one of us is the good guy, and which one of you is the bad guy.
    Oh yeah.... (various primeval noises!!!!)

    Nah, what's done is done, we're adults right? We'll agree on some things, others we won't....it's the fun of it all isn't it?

    I wasn't heavy into anything until Transformers Classics in 2006, then once DOTM came out a little while ago, those were crap.... In fact the 20th Ann Optimus Prime MP in 2004 was my first new toy since '92. I never read comics, and the only mags I read were for music, cars, history and science related ones....no toy ads there.

    I was on Hot Wheels sites from 2007 - to now, TFW, seibertron.com, and a few other single purpose sites....nothing MOTU related at all until July 2011. I found Matty, and bought my first MOTUC, He-Man. Then I found the Org here in Aug 2011....****** at the E-Mail thing at first trying to find one that would be accepted....and now it's Feb 2013....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh and by the way, I personally know 2 MOTUC collectors, who are not a part of the Org. So it is possible to be a MOTUC fan, and not be here on the Org....wow, who'da thunk it right?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  3. #503
    Heroic Warrior retcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    311
    Hopefulky i can find some sucker to pay 200 bucks for mine. Which i didnt even want! Thanks Matty. Shame Ram Man has DoS. Could have made a fortune.

  4. #504
    Heroic Warrior Sgt. Slaughter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    I have been considering the Filmation subscription, as I really like two out of the three shown (the third one isn't bad either) and truth be told, six figures is a little easier to roll the dice on than 12+. My biggest issues are that I don't know the final 3 and I'm not a huge PoP fan AND shipping charges would be separate from my DoS purchases. So, it may be better for me to just take my chance on DoS and/or just grab the ones I really want on the secondary market.
    This is a very typical problem with all of the MattyCollector sub stuff. They try to push you out of doing DOS, but then they offer stuff up in DOS format. Then they charge you extra shipping. It's all very deliberate, but quite annoying.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

  5. #505
    Heroic Warrior CaptainMendoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    241
    This is great. Just the kind of incentive that should be given to subscribers. Mattel is doing well this year.

  6. #506
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,635
    REading through the posts here, I really have to sit back and marvel at the fact that the line actually was doing well for so long. THere was virtually no marketing outside word of mouth and some adds in a dying toy magazine, and yet the line was actually growing for quite a while. THere have been problems with DR from day one; the site has never been run properly, and it's functionality barely equates to what was on the net a decade ago. Mattel continually made promise and then turned around and claimed they never said any such thing, even though it was still right there on the net in black and white. Quality control, assembly problems, bad design choices (and some of those go back well before the new design folks took over). THe line and Matty have been riddled with avoidable problems from the start. Heck, the very first figures in the line proper were delayed, supposedly to put holes in the bodies to hols the armor, even though the figures we got were identical to the prototypes, so we were being told stories from He-Man on. And yet the line became a success story on the net despite, not because, of Mattel's efforts.

    A lot of folks have patted TG and Mattel on the back for gambling on the line, and there is reason for that. But it was the fans who made the line work. Mattel, DR and TG's actions since th line started have done as much to hinder it as to help it, but the fans still came. It's all of us, both the subbers and day of buyers (I will no longer use the Mattel created derogatory "cherry pickers, and if I do, call me on it), who made the line work to egin with, We ALL put up with the constant idiocy at DR and the poor choices from those producing the line to keep it going. We still have disagreements about certain things, and that's fine, but EVERYONE who has bought figures has supported this line, whether they did it with a sub, day of sale, or even from other venues/etailers. Mattel may not see that, blinded by the easy, lazy money of the subs, but we should. Anyone who has had to tolerate DR on any level to get their figures deserves a pat on the back.

    We are the reason this line is still going, no matter what heavy-handed tactics Matty uses to bludgeon us into line. We don't need to start pointing fingers at each other when we should all be pointing them at the people who decided to punish those who did not do as Mattel wished. We've done our part, all of us, from day one, and we have a reasonable expectation that Mattel would hold up their end. We're the whole reason this line even exists today, and I think TG and Mattel need to be reminded of that on a regular basis. They aren't doing us a favor by offering us a chance to give them our hard earned money for these figures. We're doing them a favor by buying them despite all the roadblocks they put in our way.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  7. #507
    Ray of Sunshine Lookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    2,131
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    REading through the posts here, I really have to sit back and marvel at the fact that the line actually was doing well for so long. THere was virtually no marketing outside word of mouth and some adds in a dying toy magazine, and yet the line was actually growing for quite a while. THere have been problems with DR from day one; the site has never been run properly, and it's functionality barely equates to what was on the net a decade ago. Mattel continually made promise and then turned around and claimed they never said any such thing, even though it was still right there on the net in black and white. Quality control, assembly problems, bad design choices (and some of those go back well before the new design folks took over). THe line and Matty have been riddled with avoidable problems from the start. Heck, the very first figures in the line proper were delayed, supposedly to put holes in the bodies to hols the armor, even though the figures we got were identical to the prototypes, so we were being told stories from He-Man on. And yet the line became a success story on the net despite, not because, of Mattel's efforts.

    A lot of folks have patted TG and Mattel on the back for gambling on the line, and there is reason for that. But it was the fans who made the line work. Mattel, DR and TG's actions since th line started have done as much to hinder it as to help it, but the fans still came. It's all of us, both the subbers and day of buyers (I will no longer use the Mattel created derogatory "cherry pickers, and if I do, call me on it), who made the line work to egin with, We ALL put up with the constant idiocy at DR and the poor choices from those producing the line to keep it going. We still have disagreements about certain things, and that's fine, but EVERYONE who has bought figures has supported this line, whether they did it with a sub, day of sale, or even from other venues/etailers. Mattel may not see that, blinded by the easy, lazy money of the subs, but we should. Anyone who has had to tolerate DR on any level to get their figures deserves a pat on the back.

    We are the reason this line is still going, no matter what heavy-handed tactics Matty uses to bludgeon us into line. We don't need to start pointing fingers at each other when we should all be pointing them at the people who decided to punish those who did not do as Mattel wished. We've done our part, all of us, from day one, and we have a reasonable expectation that Mattel would hold up their end. We're the whole reason this line even exists today, and I think TG and Mattel need to be reminded of that on a regular basis. They aren't doing us a favor by offering us a chance to give them our hard earned money for these figures. We're doing them a favor by buying them despite all the roadblocks they put in our way.
    The delay on He-Man and Beast Man was to REMOVE the holes in the back. If you look at the early figures, you can see where they plugged the mold or plugged the hole from the mold. I agree with the rest of what you said.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

  8. #508
    Heroic Warrior burgun824's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I went into the grocery store the other day to buy a tomato. I tried to pay for it at the register, but the clerk told me that I needed to buy an onion, apple, pear, lettuce, and a piece of corn if I wanted that tomato. Yeah, obviously that didn't happen because that would be horrible marketing........but that's what this has come down to folks.
    Except that's food, not a piece of molded plastic that isn't imperative to your survival. Mattel gets away with this because they know they can. Because in the grand scheme it's unimportant.

    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    As a subscriber, I want to apologize to all the non-subbers for some of the subbers comments on here. Some have been pretty rude about you not being able to get a Fangman.......and those same people will be begging for you all to pitch in and get a sub for 2014 in July.
    Why apologize? I will reiterate AGAIN that people don't have to buy the subscription if they don't want to. There seem to be quite a few folks on here that haven't bought a sub and are dealing with this news in a rational way. So no issue.

    It's the "torches and pitchforks" folks that are getting the verbal beat down and deservedly so. I hate conforming as much as the next person, but sometimes you do what you have to do if you want the goods......or maybe you don't. Either way you shut up and deal with it. The whole, "I'M SO ANGRY AT MATTEL" thing is just old and worn out.

  9. #509
    Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Front o' castle.
    Posts
    1,500
    I think maybe the principles would have still stood if it were Netossa replacing Fang Man. Or maybe nobody cares about her, I don't really know. And her being the first figure released, we wouldn't have even enjoyed the toy fare reveals, which I'm still excited about.

    Two sweet figures (already shipping!!) this month, some nice stuff to look forward too, and now we get Strobo as an additional figure next month (in circulation for non subbers too, getting it out early is getting it out early!). Hopefully everybody does a little dance to the side, even if upset about Fang Man.

    -------------------

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Nope your wrong if you can't see anything outside "The sub colored glasses" …

    smart ass "I got mine"...

    Grow up…

    Scalping talk...

    etc

    What color is a sub anyways? That green color of the box maybe? Could be cool. But, I have no such glasses, so I guess I'm not automatically wrong. BTW, the mod-nurfed my post, which was rather tongue and cheek and didn't have huge yelling size fonts in it, but that's cool.

    You then went to talk about stuff that I wasn't even talking about, so instead of glasses, maybe you have blinders one, which is fine. Some take what we want from the hobby and leave the rest. No worries.

    My point, and only point, was that making the FFM a sub exclusive is a terrible idea. I stand by that. And in your arguments, it stands as being a solid statement, as any sub item in your slightly disjointed lecture (much like mine) should be available DOS, so why not the three pack as well? That's not thinking of only subbers, that's everybody. Easy concept - if you are a picker, and you want the FFM, you would be screwed just the same as you are with Fang Man.

    I also don't think Fang Man should have been exclusive to the sub. But I'm not entirely sure it's under their control, and I'm not one to toss around conspiracy theories, that's just not me. Most of the time, well… half the time at least.

    That's not a quote of mine, direct your attention elsewhere. I seem to be older than you, and honestly, I don't want to grow up anymore right now, but thank you. Also, I'm not talking about scalping, so again, stop confusing me for the voices in your head.

    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I went into the grocery store the other day to buy a tomato. I tried to pay for it at the register, but the clerk told me that I needed to buy an onion, apple, pear, lettuce, and a piece of corn if I wanted that tomato.
    I went to my local Toyota dealer and demanded they sell me the front passenger seat out of one the showroom vehicles, and maybe the exhaust too. They said no. I was really really really ticked off. Why can't they just sell the rest of the car without those parts, or make more front passenger side seats and exhausts more readily available in the showroom? Pft, I'll never buy a Toyota again because of this one dealer.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; February 14, 2013 at 09:06am.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

  10. #510
    Heroic Warrior Calderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    747
    Then, why not make the line sub exclusive without DOS items? That would be go straight and keep things clear from day one.

  11. #511
    Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,141
    TG or Mattel, you must reduce the base where the door opens, not only to increase the height, but also to aviod having a big step inside the Castle when the door is open. It's a design solution that every door of this kind have.

    I'm sorry, i posted in the wrong section
    Last edited by Morningstar; February 14, 2013 at 09:21am.

  12. #512
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    Then, why not make the line sub exclusive without DOS items? That would be go straight and keep things clear from day one.
    If Toy Guru decides that's the best way to secure the most subs -- even at the cost of whatever profits they make from day-of sales -- no doubt he will do it. Especially if they're in danger of not meeting their sub quota to continue the line. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is the approach for 2014. And honestly, if the year is as full of heavy-hitters as he keeps saying, I might actually sub for the first time.

  13. #513
    Heroic Warrior Seril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    832
    I have to chuckle that when I read the first post I thought 'Cool, we're getting Strobo early!' and at the end of the thread it's turned into 'Mattel and Toyguru are the greatest evil ever known!
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

    One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

    www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

  14. #514
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    Then, why not make the line sub exclusive without DOS items? That would be go straight and keep things clear from day one.
    I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see that as early as next year.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

  15. #515
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    If Toy Guru decides that's the best way to secure the most subs -- even at the cost of whatever profits they make from day-of sales -- no doubt he will do it. Especially if they're in danger of not meeting their sub quota to continue the line. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is the approach for 2014. And honestly, if the year is as full of heavy-hitters as he keeps saying, I might actually sub for the first time.
    I'm actually the opposite, I really have no need for a sub in 2014, as the only 2 figures I need now are Two-Bad and Dragstor, and want Seahawk, if something else happens to be to my liking, then I will see if I can PO from BBTS, only thing I may do is a Filmation sub. I'm in no hurry to see the line die, I love these things, I just don't need many more. I'm getting Ram-Man, Castaspella, Batros, Icer and Mantenna this year, I got Mek, & Rattlor last year, so I'm about good on them. I would consider Tung Lahsor, and any POP girls I like the designs of, but they are not essential to me.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  16. #516
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    East York, Ontario
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Nice second post in four years.
    Does that make ghim less of a fan for posting his 2nd post in 4 years? lol

  17. #517
    sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    REading through the posts here, I really have to sit back and marvel at the fact that the line actually was doing well for so long. THere was virtually no marketing outside word of mouth and some adds in a dying toy magazine, and yet the line was actually growing for quite a while. THere have been problems with DR from day one; the site has never been run properly, and it's functionality barely equates to what was on the net a decade ago. Mattel continually made promise and then turned around and claimed they never said any such thing, even though it was still right there on the net in black and white. Quality control, assembly problems, bad design choices (and some of those go back well before the new design folks took over). THe line and Matty have been riddled with avoidable problems from the start. Heck, the very first figures in the line proper were delayed, supposedly to put holes in the bodies to hols the armor, even though the figures we got were identical to the prototypes, so we were being told stories from He-Man on. And yet the line became a success story on the net despite, not because, of Mattel's efforts.

    A lot of folks have patted TG and Mattel on the back for gambling on the line, and there is reason for that. But it was the fans who made the line work. Mattel, DR and TG's actions since th line started have done as much to hinder it as to help it, but the fans still came. It's all of us, both the subbers and day of buyers (I will no longer use the Mattel created derogatory "cherry pickers, and if I do, call me on it), who made the line work to egin with, We ALL put up with the constant idiocy at DR and the poor choices from those producing the line to keep it going. We still have disagreements about certain things, and that's fine, but EVERYONE who has bought figures has supported this line, whether they did it with a sub, day of sale, or even from other venues/etailers. Mattel may not see that, blinded by the easy, lazy money of the subs, but we should. Anyone who has had to tolerate DR on any level to get their figures deserves a pat on the back.

    We are the reason this line is still going, no matter what heavy-handed tactics Matty uses to bludgeon us into line. We don't need to start pointing fingers at each other when we should all be pointing them at the people who decided to punish those who did not do as Mattel wished. We've done our part, all of us, from day one, and we have a reasonable expectation that Mattel would hold up their end. We're the whole reason this line even exists today, and I think TG and Mattel need to be reminded of that on a regular basis. They aren't doing us a favor by offering us a chance to give them our hard earned money for these figures. We're doing them a favor by buying them despite all the roadblocks they put in our way.
    That's how it goes!

  18. #518
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Does that make ghim less of a fan for posting his 2nd post in 4 years? lol
    Not less of a "fan", but it is kind of uncouth to jump into a forum you don't really participate in just to smack down on people.

  19. #519
    Heroic Warrior Calderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see that as early as next year.
    I wouldn't either... but if that was the plan why not taking that path from the beginning? Why even let "casual buyers" take a look just to slam the door in their noses?

  20. #520
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,295
    I just think its such a pity that the line has come to this... it started as a line for all fans of MotU but has devolved into an 'elitist' mentality. ie 'Subber' vs 'Cherry Picker'
    Its just no fun collecting this line anymore.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  21. #521
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,116
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Does that make ghim less of a fan for posting his 2nd post in 4 years? lol
    (not aimed at krueger)

    To some it does, to them the only people who are fans are the people who buy literally everything that is available from the property. Of course they are often the loudest complainers about things they don't like, so that when you call them on always being negative they shoot back with they have a million dollar MOTU collection.

    That said there are very strongly negative people from both sides, how common those are in the community I don't think we can be totally sure. Some probably were pushed though when they found out for the first time that they wouldn't be getting a Fangman day of. It can be a bit more difficult to post something more tactful on the internet because it's easy for it to be read in different ways. Especially when people consider any post over three sentences to be TLDR so they post in as much brevity as possible. Saying this 'this isn't news we have known this for months' to someone who is a bit upset about this information isn't going to calm them down, 'last year at SDCC they said they were lowering day of sales and possibly to the point that some figures won't be getting any figures for day of' as less chance of coming off negatively. Sure it's more words but you are being more informative than potentially being read as being antagonistic.

    Yes there are also the people on the extreme ends who keep posting, the ones who think Mattel can do no wrong or make minor of their wrongs, and the opposite people who focus too much on the negatives. There is a reason people who are often the face of a product have often been known for having what is called a public persona, that is more often nicer less condescending, more tactful, and better at buttering people up. Most people in fact do this, listen to someone when the pick up the phone their tone of voice changes, the often become more passive they can quickly go from demanding to pleading just picking up the phone.

    I do think a lot of people are getting frustrated because while they are saying they think they line will go on for a few more years deep down they know that's probably all the line has and they want to see certain figures/characters made. I remember 200x and people being upset when the Horde wasn't made and were only pacified when the stactions were announced, still upset just pacified. I am lucky in that even though I came in late I have gotten most of what I wanted, all but five and a half figures since I was a kid (one is a pending deal right now) Teela, Orko, Faker, Fisto, Ramman, Mekaneck. passing on Fisto because I would rather spend the money on Teela, and Orko I am fine with my open 200x Orko. Considering I stopped getting the figures around the third wave of the vintage line never getting Jitsu, Clawful, Kobra Kahn, Webstor, Whiplash, and Prince Adam (and the battle armor figures), but still getting Hordak for my birthday one year. I have also gotten other figures that I love. But I can tell the line is getting to that point.

    Not sure why I stopped collecting them, I do remember playing with them at younger cousins and some friends houses after, playing with figures from 3-5 or so. For some reason at that time I got more into G.I. Joe then moved to TMNT. Other minor(for me) lines were in there also.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  22. #522
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    We are the reason this line is still going, no matter what heavy-handed tactics Matty uses to bludgeon us into line. We don't need to start pointing fingers at each other when we should all be pointing them at the people who decided to punish those who did not do as Mattel wished. We've done our part, all of us, from day one, and we have a reasonable expectation that Mattel would hold up their end. We're the whole reason this line even exists today, and I think TG and Mattel need to be reminded of that on a regular basis. They aren't doing us a favor by offering us a chance to give them our hard earned money for these figures. We're doing them a favor by buying them despite all the roadblocks they put in our way.
    I knew I liked you, Scott.

    We have been in this bubble for so long, sometimes it's hard to see that, unlike what some would like us to believe, Mattel is not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.

    As I said earlier, that does not compute - because the same folk who say "We are lucky Mattel does this line at all, they could make much more money investing in Barbie or Batman, it's a labor of love" are the same folk who say, "Matty should use any trick, shady or not, they can to sell subs since they have a duty to the shareholders and the Gods of cut-throat-business tactics".

  23. #523
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    I wouldn't either... but if that was the plan why not taking that path from the beginning? Why even let "casual buyers" take a look just to slam the door in their noses?
    The sub was something pushed by fans in the second year when they were having trouble buying figures, because scalpers got a hold of the line. It was given as an alternative for people who would buy but worked on sale days. later it became the 'life line' of the product with mattel realizing they are 'forcing' people to pay for the figures.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  24. #524
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Its just no fun collecting this line anymore.
    I disagree. Sub up and let the good times roll.

    There comes a point when I just don't expect any better from a company. The problems suck when they do happen, but I don't really let it dampen my overall enjoyment of the figures. I have collected Gentle Giant Star Wars busts for years and there came a point where I was fed up with how they ran the line. Ultimately I just stopped caring how they managed the line as long as the finished product was good and I thought the prices were fair. It has saved me a lot of pointless frustration because things don't often change the way you want them to. This is a hobby and if I can't enjoy it overall, I should probably just walk away.

  25. #525
    Heroic Warrior Calderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The sub was something pushed by fans in the second year when they were having trouble buying figures, because scalpers got a hold of the line. It was given as an alternative for people who would buy but worked on sale days. later it became the 'life line' of the product with mattel realizing they are 'forcing' people to pay for the figures.
    I know it, I'm a subber since 2010, and the sub makes sense exactly for the purpose it was requested... now it has "evolved" into a way to discriminate some fans just for being selective.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •