Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Strobo In March!!! 3/15 Matty Sale Announced! w/ Strobo update

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I do not get why you would dump your collection because it might have ended? If I dumped every toy line I collected because it ended.....I would have no toys.

Second, what if someone wants to start collecting star wars,should hasbro rerelease everything from 1995 onward?

As I read the posts, I see two sides. I tried staying in the middle but some of you cherry pickers really only care about yourselves. Some never give to craps abouts subscribers. We are the reason you even get to complain about this issue. With out us the line is dead. We keep trucking along to make sure tall star and the duke get all of thier pop,so that MGM can get 200x and so on. Some of you only care about yourselves and you then call us selfish. There is a line in the sand,and some of you drew it.you want .....na demand figures be sold to at cost or even lower.

I hate to tell you this,capitalism built Mattel and Mattel gave us motu.

I tried so hard to stay positive and neutral,that can not happen.

SCB nailed it,what the heck do you guys want......? Everything for nothing and still have the right to complain.

I am by no means rich,but perhaps some have thier priorities out of whack? Toys are becoming an expensive hobby,and many have had to slow down or quit....including myself.

In closing, my bleeding heart wants to buy everyone a fang man that has no sub,yet I feel some of you would want more and still complain.

I saw a side to people today,I guess the tar swamp is better for some of this.

I feel kind of sad, I really am in this for not just myself,but my fellow collectors,but some of you are not in it for me at all.
    I chose to dump the collection based on Scott's negativity. I felt fairly certain that the line was going to end prematurely before some of my most wanted characters were produced. I never expected the sub to go through, let alone a second filmation sub to be added. And if you had told me that a Grayskull playset would see production back when the 2013 sub was in question, I would never have believed it. At the time I felt that my collecting dollars would be better spent on another line with legs. I'm sure that I am not alone in that I have other interests outside of MOTUC. It was a foolish move on my part, and I am in no way saying that the subscription model itself is bad. I am not a cherry picker. I actually want every single figure. But the idea of having zero figures available for day of sale is ridiculous and seems downright spiteful.

Heroic Warrior
    Strobo is a great example of a crappy character I wanted nothing to do with.... UNTIL I read his bio. THAT kind of piqued my interest a bit...

granted... I also want a mekaneck and maybe a keldor... so I'm not sure I can afford him, but the interest is there now....

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    And can you imagine what sales might be if Mattel didn't use the subs as a caveman's club to bludgeon collectors? How people who buy "day of" might actually decide they like the figures enough to opt for the sub next time? If no new customers can sample the line, where will new customers come from? It seems Mattel is more concerned with punishing those who don't do as the company wishes than in actually making sound business decisions.

The result of the heavy handed tactics has been clear: a quick decline in the overall sales of the line. The scare tactics haven't increased sales a bit, and this sort of idiocy is just what folks on the fence, folks tired of the troubles with DR and the attitudes of TG and Mattel, mat need to decide it isn't worth the headaches to collect this line anymore.

I firmly believe there would be a lot more subscriptions in the long run if Mattel didn't use them to bully the fans every year into buying things they don't want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemus203 View Post
    I chose to dump the collection based on Scott's negativity. I felt fairly certain that the line was going to end prematurely before some of my most wanted characters were produced. I never expected the sub to go through, let alone a second filmation sub to be added. And if you had told me that a Grayskull playset would see production back when the 2013 sub was in question, I would never have believed it. At the time I felt that my collecting dollars would be better spent on another line with legs. I'm sure that I am not alone in that I have other interests outside of MOTUC. It was a foolish move on my part, and I am in no way saying that the subscription model itself is bad. I am not a cherry picker. I actually want every single figure. But the idea of having zero figures available for day of sale is ridiculous and seems downright spiteful.
    At some point we have to acknowledge that making these figures is getting more and more expensive in a historically bad economy, floundering currency, surging oil prices, and the love/hate relationship we have with China. There's no question Matty is pulling back, but that's where the fans are needed. I don't think we should be wasting our time throwing around the "cherry picker" perjorative when those with subs can help out.

Remember guys, we're all customers who want to buy these things. How can we get stuck on this after these great reveals?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Doesn't that make Fang Man a second exclusive of sorts? Why oh why are they doing this?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Love the fans who think the people making these figures are some sort of greedy evil villains. Heh. If Mattel only cared about making money, they would simply cancel this line entirely. It's a tiny line that exists largely because people like Scott and the Horsemen are so passionate about it. Mattel could make way more money putting these resources back into things like Barbie or Hot Wheels.

As for the Fang Man thing, a pile of people have already pointed out that this is not at all unexpected, Mattel made it clear from the beginning that this could happen. Getting mad about it now isn't going to change things.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Love the fans who think the people making these figures are some sort of greedy evil villains. Heh. If Mattel only cared about making money, they would simply cancel this line entirely. It's a tiny line that exists largely because people like Scott and the Horsemen are so passionate about it. Mattel could make way more money putting these resources back into things like Barbie or Hot Wheels.
    I guess you have concrete numbers, where your arguments are based on?

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    Refusing to sell extra Fang Man figures to subscribers is not a perk.
    I actually wanted another one....now I will either have to suck it up, or go to BBTS.... What the hell, seriously you can't even offer subscribers an extra DOS....******** I say to it all.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Demo Man is awesome.
    Demo Man actually is cool, but I agree that other figures could have taken his place.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I could have picked any number of characters - even Star Sisters have fans. But when we don't even have Glimmer, yet we have figures of sketches thrown into the waste bin that no one knew existed until the Internet, then it's not hard to see the lesser demanded characters.

Regardless, my mistake for turning the discussion to a character argument - because that's just beside the point. That said, I find it funny that several people have stuck up for Demo-man, but o one has yet for Spector.

Kowl? Any input on that one?
    Easy....Spector sucks. As does SLL & Cy-Chop.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Doesn't that make Fang Man a second exclusive of sorts? Why oh why are they doing this?
    Yeah, it will. Exactly why I believe mine will stay carded, for the sake of keeping him Mint, due to the fact it will be an utter ***** to replace him if he gets broken or worn out prematurely. I'll likely buy an extra from BBTS due to this....I kind of wanted an extra anyway.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Woo hoo!!

Getting Strobo early! Glad i have a sub
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

They warned us when the sub was on sale that some items might not have day of release stock. Well this is clearly one of them. Only sub holders are guaranteed everything and cherry pickers (like myself this year) have to make do. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

It's the people with subs who keep the line going so I have no problem with this they deserve another exclusive and Fang Man is a much better exclusive than King He-Man !
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

I definitely dont recall anything being said about no 'day of' figures being available... Please someone direct me to this quote!

This sucks!!! Not everyone who didn't sub did it to spite Scott or Mattel!! Some people just couldn't afford all in for crying out loud!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

It states it quite clearly that some release may or may not have releases outside of the sub in the 2013 Club Eternia Subscription page.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

I don't think Filmation early access starts until Filmation figures ship in July but I will need to check. It is good for all the other subs though.
    However this goes against with what one should receive when he signs for filmation sub:

Early Access to Non-Subscription Products: In 2013, all Club subscribers get Early Access to select non-subscription products, regardless of brand! That means you’ll have the chance to purchase hot items not available through subscriptions before non-subscribers, like the upcoming Ghostbusters™ Ecto Goggles prop replica, and (here’s the biggie!) fast-selling products from San Diego Comic-Con when they become available at MattyCollector.com. If these products sell out to subscribers during the Early Access period, that’s it – no additional product will be made available to non-subscribers at that time!
    http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.273148800

He said in 2013, not clarifying the month, so i'm authorized to believe that this counts from the moment i sign for thi sub.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Hope I manage to get Strobo! Can't believe he's coming so soon
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    It's as simple as this, you don't want to sell me product then I don't buy. It is amazing how a company like Mattel shorthands figures but yet raises prices on them because they can't meet quotas. I really, really would like to know the moron who came up with that idea. One last thing to the subbers you should really close the old stinkhole ((because your on the winning team)) it's getting smelly in here. The I bought a sub to hell with you attitude has been done to death and is old hat. GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stridor View Post
    However this goes against with what one should receive when he signs for filmation sub:

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.273148800

He said in 2013, not clarifying the month, so i'm authorized to believe that this counts from the moment i sign for thi sub.
    The Filmation sub does not start until July, therefore all privileges shouldn't be effective until then, if that be the case Early Access should have been granted to us who bought the regular sub starting August last year, but it wasn't, not until January this year. It won't start until your sub starts, so don't look forward to it until July.

And it is true, "in 2013, all Club subscribers get Early Access to select non-subscription products" it is 2013, and we have Early Access, but the Filmation sub doesn't kick in for a few more months.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    The Filmation sub does not start until July, therefore all privileges shouldn't be effective until then, if that be the case Early Access should have been granted to us who bought the regular sub starting August last year, but it wasn't, not until January this year. It won't start until your sub starts, so don't look forward to it until July.

And it is true, "in 2013, all Club subscribers get Early Access to select non-subscription products" it is 2013, and we have Early Access, but the Filmation sub doesn't kick in for a few more months.
    I'm speaking thereotically, because i'm not interested in Fang man or the other filmation, but if they wrote in 2013 without clarifying the month neither writing "when the subscrition starts" i sign a contract thinking that counts for all 2013. No one can suppose that counts from a certain month without a rule that states precisely when the early access (non the subscription) starts. That would invalidate the contract.

So, Strobo is apart of the Early Access in March I see. Well, I took another look at this figure, and I'm not completely sold on him. He's not bad, just alright, and given in my opinion motuc's Zodac and the motuc's 200x Zodak figures are much more better looking figures to me. Here I was thinking I only needed to prepare for FangMan and out of know where, comes along Strobo. I did not see this coming actually either being that I'm saving up for Grayskull. But you know that's ok. Over all I feel he's one figure that I could easily pass up on and I'm not feeling very excited for him especially like that of the upcoming Filmation characters. It's just with this news of Strobo being available in March caught me off guard, much like the Filmation sub characters catching me off guard, but hey, It's Filmation!! You can't go wrong with what is going to be released for like the first time in well, ever lol My main focus is on saving up for Castle Grayskull, and the Subs. As far as Strobo goes, unless someone can convince me that I should no doubt about it buy myself one then I'm all ears. But until then there is still some time left for me to decide and I'm kinda leaning towards maybe passing up on him.

I'm speaking thereotically, because i'm not interested in Fang man or the other filmation, but if they wrote in 2013 without clarifying the month neither writing "when the subscrition starts" i sign a contract thinking that counts for all 2013. No one can suppose that counts from a certain month without a rule that states precisely when the early access (non the subscription) starts. That would invalidate the contract.
    Club Filmation figures will ship each month approximately July through December. Starting with the second series release (approximately August), your Club Filmation order will ship with any other subscription orders you currently have.
    But it does tell you when your sub officially starts. Therefore you can deduce that is when your "perks" begin, not before, regardless if it's stated or not, your sub does not begin until July.

Now if they offer the Early Access to you before that, that is on Mattel, but unless they do, the Filmation sub perks won't start until the sub starts, stated or not.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure the wisdom of this business decision. Surely Mattel could have made 50–100 extra Fang Mans for day of sale without risking too much of a loss. I say this as a subscriber who is basically getting at least one of everything. On the other hand, we were warned about this, and basic economics says we will buy what we most want. Those who bought a sub wanted to spend their money there more than anywhere else. Those who didn't, valued something else more, such as not eating Ramen Noodles every day so that they could save for the sub. In any case, this should be a sign to those who want at least some figures from the line to start saving money to buy a sub if the issue is affordability. Of course, that is hard to do if you don't have a job...

Just a point about Shadow Weaver being the exclusive and the lowest sub numbers ever to that point. I think that has to do more with resellers getting burned with too many 2011 figures and cutting back. SW may actually have saved the line, being the incentive needed to hit the minimum subs. Although the drop off has the most to do with price, I think, we don't know what would have happened with 2013 if, say, Ram Man was the exclusive.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    But it does tell you when your sub officially starts. Therefore you can deduce that is when your "perks" begin, not before, regardless if it's stated or not, your sub does not begin until July.
    It tells me when the subscrition begins, not when the early access begins. When i buy the sub in the benefits i get, from what i understand from what they wrote, the early access for 2013 not for when the subscrition starts.

YES!!!!!!! I'll definitely be getting a Strobo!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

So to clarify - Are people that buy the Filmation Sub entitled to the early access in March? Or does early access for these subscribers not start till JULY?

I do find this frustrating being a late starter of collecting this line. I started in 2012 and have been playing catch up - paying stupid prices on the second hand market at times too. I was about to purchase the Filmation sub but now unsure as I cant buy FILMATION! FANG MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by lee-ra View Post
    So to clarify - Are people that buy the Filmation Sub entitled to the early access in March? Or does early access for these subscribers not start till JULY?

I do find this frustrating being a late starter of collecting this line. I started in 2012 and have been playing catch up - paying stupid prices on the second hand market at times too. I was about to purchase the Filmation sub but now unsure as I cant buy FILMATION! FANG MAN.
    Don't look for it to kick in until July.

It tells me when the subscrition begins, not when the early access begins. When i buy the sub in the benefits i get, from what i understand from what they wrote, the early access for 2013 not for when the subscrition starts.
    If your sub doesn't start until July, your benefits don't start until then....that is just common sense.

And as I said, if Mattel were to let you in now, that is on them, but since the sub is open through March 4th, I wouldn't look forward to it until April anyway, but as I said....don't look for it until July. Just because you bought it now, doesn't mean it takes effect until the time your first figure ships.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

TBH i'm a cherry picker as i only by villians and enforcers so no fangman and strobo i'm not happy but again i'll live to fight another day. I've already preordered my fangman from a trusted german website and already asked about strobo. I'm was considering the filmation sub as i don't want to miss out on Icer.

URGENT: FILMATION SUB QUALIFY FOR EARLY ACCESS???????

TOY GURU! LAST QUESTION OF THE DAY! URGENT!!!!....

If I get a Filmation Subscription right now, will that qualify me for early access figures this month and onward like Faker and Kobra Khan?

No. Your early access ( if you only have Filmation) will start in July
    Fresh from Scott.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 13, 2013 at 06:16am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor