Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 953

Thread: UPDATED: Strobo In March!!! 3/15 Matty Sale Announced! w/ Strobo update

  1. #526
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    I know it, I'm a subber since 2010, and the sub makes sense exactly for the purpose it was requested... now it has "evolved" into a way to discriminate some fans just for being selective.
    Obviously that's not the PURPOSE of it, though. It's just what Mattel feels it needs to be to make it worth the time and effort to keep doing MOTUC. They need the financial security.

  2. #527
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,010
    Financial security in a time when action figures as a whole aren't doing as well as they used to, and with one aimed at adult collectors. Fact is adults are much more picky then children are (oddly the adults can act like children when they don't get there way but another issue). How many fans didn't buy Frosta simply because she was grey not white? many have said as much, yes there was the forearm thing and some didn't like her face but the biggest complaint was the colors they used. You think children would have cared as much? Granted their complaint might have been she's a girl but that's about it. Kids probably would have been more into characters like Cy-chop but must of us as adults think he isn't that cool (well maybe if his hands were smaller).

    They also have to deal with all these factions of collectors who sound really loud but when it comes time don't show up, or again complain things don't look the way they wanted them to. Count Marzo is too anime looking for the rest of the line, if he was less detailed I would have picked him up, the faceless one has a face, Leisure Suit Randor doesn't have his hone... I mean he's too plain.

    I would be curious if the line would have done better if it was advertised more thoroughly, and production numbers would have gone up instead of down.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  3. #528
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,325
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I just think its such a pity that the line has come to this... it started as a line for all fans of MotU but has devolved into an 'elitist' mentality. ie 'Subber' vs 'Cherry Picker'
    Its just no fun collecting this line anymore.
    You'll change your mind once you rip open Ram Man and Jitsu!

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  4. #529
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    As I said earlier, that does not compute - because the same folk who say "We are lucky Mattel does this line at all, they could make much more money investing in Barbie or Batman, it's a labor of love" are the same folk who say, "Matty should use any trick, shady or not, they can to sell subs since they have a duty to the shareholders and the Gods of cut-throat-business tactics".
    I certainly have no question about the corporate motivation to continue producing this line: a profit margin. The other way of interpreting what you just presented is this: isn't it the responsibility of those directly involved in this line (who I do believe see this as more of a labor of love) to maximize profit while minimizing risk in such a limited line? I'm no big fan of Toy Guru, but I'm sure he does not have much flexibility with this property as he would with a Transformers or a GI Joe.


    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I would be curious if the line would have done better if it was advertised more thoroughly, and production numbers would have gone up instead of down.
    This line had a lower ceiling than any other relaunch of an 80's property simply because it didn't have any accompanying media. More advertisement probably would have helped, but I don't think it would made THAT much of a difference in the long run.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.


    Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

  5. #530
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,010
    I do wonder why we are getting a comic now, instead of earlier in the line. It's possible they are making plans towards the movie or another line 'soon'. You think they would have put the comic out like three years ago.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  6. #531
    Heroic Warrior joeyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Columbus,GA
    Posts
    310
    In my case I was going to buy a subscription,but at the last minute could not. I did however lock in a Grayskull,site unseen and this is how people like myself are rewarded,by being left out all together on a figure. I am not mad,just disappointed,that this line has become a headache for me to collect. Just very disappointing. Congrats to the ones that could get a subscription at the time.

  7. #532
    Heroic Warrior KUZEH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,344
    You know...
    I've always enjoyed this line... it gives me countless hours of fun and I love almost every single figure released, despite QC issues and whatnot...
    I'm usually surprised about people who get really upset by things like reverse shoulders and all that, since I think it's a bit too much...
    BUT, I understand some people DON'T want every single figure and that doesn't mean they aren't REAL fans.

    Mattel has a way of doing things that is mind boggling... but, if anybody has worked in a corporate environment before, most likely knows it's not that rare... on the contrary, it's really common to see this type of ridiculous behavior from a company.

    With that said... why are people surprised? They've been doing shady things pretty much since the line started... By now, I'm sure, most of us should know how DR and Mattel work. Now that doesn't mean it's OK, people have every reason to be upset at Mattel, but for me, at least, this line is for fun. It's something that takes me away from the day to day problems and issues. It's a way to enjoy myself and my fond memories of MOTU. BUT, if one day, it reaches the point that I'm boiling in anger due to whatever reason, THAT DAY, I will stop collecting these.
    It's not worth it to get all worked up over toys...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

    My Feedback thread!!

  8. #533
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I do wonder why we are getting a comic now, instead of earlier in the line. It's possible they are making plans towards the movie or another line 'soon'. You think they would have put the comic out like three years ago.
    I'm guessing they weren't delaying the comic for any reason. Now is just when a publisher was willing to do it.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.


    Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

  9. #534
    Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Media, PA
    Posts
    154
    Speaking as a sub holder who used to cherry pick, I can see both sides. I have everything so far except Bronze Grayskull and Flocked Ears Moss Man. I would be pretty ticked If I was banned from buying something. However, for 2013, I got 2 subs to help support the line (and just got 2 Filmation). Sometimes, I want a 2nd figure for the 2nd head or look, or to put the character with more than one faction (like Kobra Khan). Anyway, I figured I could sell the extra figures that I didn't need and at least make my money back, and maybe even make a little extra to offset my own collecting expenses. Well I can't even unload my 2nd Netossa at a loss. (She's cool, but I don't need 2). She just sits in the closet. I was able to pre-sell my 2nd Ram Man and Jitsu for a small markup, but not enough to make up for Netty. So, for my own semi-selfish reasons, I'm kinda glad Fang Man is going to be rare because I will be able to recoup some of the wasted money on Netty and other things I'm sure I'll be taking a bath on, like the FFM. (It'd be nice if they ended up sub only too, because I'm pretty sure there are more than enough subbers who don't want them to sell near cost or trade to the non-subbers who do want them). Yes, this stinks if you really love Fang Man and won't be able to order him, but this move may convince month-to-month buyers to sub up for 2014, and may also convince resellers like BBTS to up their sub orders next year, which helps guarantee the line's longevity. So, 'Sub-Only-Fang-Man' has its pros and its cons. Not a reward to subbers. Not a punishment to non-subbers. It just is what it is.

    But please, no more of this 'Us vs. Them'. When did collecting MOTUC become a war? If you want to sub, fine. If you don't want to sub, fine. As long as we have enough subs to continue, who cares? We're all collectors. We're all fans. We all love MOTU. Sub or not. Everyone's feelings are valid. I, for one, think it's kinda mean to revel in someone else's unhappiness. I'm happy that I will get Fang Man. I am not, however, happy that Joe-Cherry-Picker cannot get the Fang Man he wants. He-Man would be disgusted to see the way some of us behave.

    PS- On a happier note, STROBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Last edited by Shadow Weaver 78; February 14, 2013 at 01:04pm.
    Go big or go home

  10. #535
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    You know...
    I've always enjoyed this line... it gives me countless hours of fun and I love almost every single figure released, despite QC issues and whatnot...
    I'm usually surprised about people who get really upset by things like reverse shoulders and all that, since I think it's a bit too much...
    BUT, I understand some people DON'T want every single figure and that doesn't mean they aren't REAL fans.

    Mattel has a way of doing things that is mind boggling... but, if anybody has worked in a corporate environment before, most likely knows it's not that rare... on the contrary, it's really common to see this type of ridiculous behavior from a company.

    With that said... why are people surprised? They've been doing shady things pretty much since the line started... By now, I'm sure, most of us should know how DR and Mattel work. Now that doesn't mean it's OK, people have every reason to be upset at Mattel, but for me, at least, this line is for fun. It's something that takes me away from the day to day problems and issues. It's a way to enjoy myself and my fond memories of MOTU. BUT, if one day, it reaches the point that I'm boiling in anger due to whatever reason, THAT DAY, I will stop collecting these.
    It's not worth it to get all worked up over toys...
    My boiling point was when I missed Trap Jaw and Battle Cat. I have subbed since and now all my frustration is gone. I enjoy coming to the sight and reading all the posts, even though so much is bickering back and forth, but I still love these figures. So far this years lineup is super awesome and it just got awesomer with the Filmation Sub. I cant wait until SDCC to sign up for my 2014 sub and see what that has to offer!

  11. #536
    A Real Master Of Arms nato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I went to my local Toyota dealer and demanded they sell me the front passenger seat out of one the showroom vehicles, and maybe the exhaust too. They said no. I was really really really ticked off. Why can't they just sell the rest of the car without those parts, or make more front passenger side seats and exhausts more readily available in the showroom? Pft, I'll never buy a Toyota again because of this one dealer.

    See, that analogy doesn't work because you're trying to take parts out of the object. I went in for a tomato......I wasn't asking for just the seeds or the stem which would be the angle of your analogy.

    A non-subber is not taking anything out of the line by buying a figure. They are just being told that they have to buy more than what they really want.....which is why I like my analogy of buying a tomato. I had to buy an onion too, but I really didn't want one.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

    Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

  12. #537
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Weaver 78 View Post
    Speaking as a sub holder who used to cherry pick, I can see both sides. I have everything so far except Bronze Grayskull and Flocked Ears Moss Man. I would be pretty ticked If I was banned from buying something. However, for 2013, I got 2 subs to help support the line (and just got 2 Filmation). Sometimes, I want a 2nd figure for the 2nd head or look, or to put the character with more than one faction (like Kobra Khan). Anyway, I figured I could sell the extra figures that I didn't need and at least make my money back, and maybe even make a little extra to offset my own collecting expenses. Well I can't even unload my 2nd Netossa at a loss. (She's cool, but I don't need 2). She just sits in the closet. I was able to pre-sell my 2nd Ram Man and Jitsu for a small markup, but not enough to make up for Netty. So, for my own semi-selfish reasons, I'm kinda glad Fang Man is going to be rare because I will be able to recoup some of the wasted money on Netty and other things I'm sure I'll be taking a bath on, like the FFM. (It'd be nice if they ended up sub only too, because I'm pretty sure there are more than enough subbers who don't want them to sell near cost or trade to the non-subbers who do want them). Yes, this stinks if you really love Fang Man and won't be able to order him, but this move may convince month-to-month buyers to sub up for 2014, and may also convince resellers like BBTS to up their sub orders next year, which helps guarantee the line's longevity. So, 'Sub-Only-Fang-Man' has its pros and its cons. Not a reward to subbers. Not a punishment to non-subbers. It just is what it is.

    But please, no more of this 'Us vs. Them'. When did collecting MOTUC become a war? If you want to sub, fine. If you don't want to sub, fine. As long as we have enough subs to continue, who cares? We're all collectors. We're all fans. We all love MOTU. Sub or not. Everyone's feelings are valid. I, for one, think it's kinda mean to revel in someone else's unhappiness. I'm happy that I will get Fang Man. I am not, however, happy that Joe-Cherry-Picker cannot get the Fang Man he wants. He-Man would be disgusted to see the way some of us behave.

    PS- On a happier note, STROBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Good point, subbers have to pay for whatever they send us, but DOS may miss out on a figure. Either way there are positives and negatives on both sides. We really shouldnt be arguing so much about, nor should we be complaining so much about our particular lot in life.

  13. #538
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I went to my local Toyota dealer and demanded they sell me the front passenger seat out of one the showroom vehicles, and maybe the exhaust too. They said no. I was really really really ticked off. Why can't they just sell the rest of the car without those parts, or make more front passenger side seats and exhausts more readily available in the showroom? Pft, I'll never buy a Toyota again because of this one dealer.
    Which has absolutely nothing in common with the situation here. You go to a car dealer to buy a car, you go to a parts store to buy parts for it. The analogy only applies here if everyone were asking to buy a He-Man arm and a Teela head, which they are not.

    You want a car analogy, here it is: You want to buy this Corola with the added GPS and deluxe stereo system you want, you also have to agree to buy the fuzzy dice, striped seat covers, and six other things that we decide you are getting without letting you know what they are in advance. That is the ONLY way you can buy this car, because we aren't offering it this month any other way. And please go on the web and rate the service you received today! Thank you for your business!

    That's how you would buy a car on Matty...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  14. #539
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,672
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    That's how you would buy a car on Matty...
    ... and it would come misassembled and the paint would be scratched
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  15. #540
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You'll change your mind once you rip open Ram Man and Jitsu!
    HERE HERE!!! [Raises a pint in Max's honor]! lol

  16. #541
    Heroic Warrior KING HE-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sullivan City, Texas USA
    Posts
    133
    Someone stated that Matty charges taxes but I check my previous orders and have never been charged any. Does anyone know if they are going to charge taxes this time?
    The New King of Eternia
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

  17. #542
    Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Front o' castle.
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You'll change your mind once you rip open Ram Man and Jitsu!
    Hopefully we'll all be back to enjoying these figures. That's going to be so awesome!

    I still think of everybody on here as fans, HUGE fans. And I would think that most everybody does, even though some people are getting upset. Everybody calms down, and subbers who don't want Fang Man will sell them for really decent prices. They were never cheap to begin with, but cost plus original shipping plus new shipping and a few bucks for materials wont be unheard of hopefully.

    I'm actually still worried we'll get another figure in his box. Or him in another box. It still seems like they have an order gone wrong somehow, and that will def drive the price of the figure up.

    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Which has absolutely nothing in common with the situation here. You go to a car dealer to buy a car, you go to a parts store to buy parts for it. The analogy only applies here if everyone were asking to buy a He-Man arm and a Teela head, which they are not.
    Sheesh dood. Are we buying fruit from Matty collector? No. Was I responding to you? No. I was just playing devils advocate to an also inaccurate analogy about said fruit (which I liked just fine, just showing an opposite side here). It was for fun, you gottuh learn to stop over analyzing stuff (or inaccurately analyzing stuff). I'm actually not fighting with you.

    By the way, I buy MOTUC as a collection, and not just Teela. So when I buy a single figure, it is part of a whole. Open your mind a little, see things from a different perspective.

    Car dealer = Matty. Car = subscription. Car part = figure. Part store = eBay. Works just fine.

    DOS, well that just equals some stuff they special ordered, nobody picked up, and they need to get rid of.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    ... and it would come misassembled and the paint would be scratched
    The steering wheel would probably be on the wrong side, that's for sure! And don't order a white one unless you like grey.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; February 14, 2013 at 03:02pm.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

  18. #543
    Heroic Warrior ManKindRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I just think its such a pity that the line has come to this... it started as a line for all fans of MotU but has devolved into an 'elitist' mentality. ie 'Subber' vs 'Cherry Picker'
    Its just no fun collecting this line anymore.

    I find this on most lines now that I collect and used to collect. I just recently dumped collecting Mattel's WWE line because I was tired of some times my area gets the wave and then I go 1 or 2 without seeing a refresh of product and instead of getting the next wave we get 2 Series after the last one I saw...

  19. #544
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    106
    I AM A ......CHERRY PICKER!!!!!!!

    I always have been. Did not matter what toy line I was collecting, I always grabbed the toys that looked super awesome or were of characters that I enjoyed reading, watching or playing as on my consoles. As I have grown older my taste have changed. The toy industry has dramatically changed as well. We are no longer in a world were toys and action figures in general are made in mass quantities as they once were.

    When the MOTUC first started out, I did try to get the figures each month (actually had both versions of Moss Man in my cart and then lost out due to them being sold out in nano seconds before I could checkout). When the subs started I decided I was not going to participate. Why? I did not know all of the characters. I mainly grew up with G.I. Joe and Transformers and I had no clue who most of these characters are except for the main ones. I cherry picked the characters these past few years of the ones that I thought were cool looking or were from characters that I could recognize. However with work and life it was becoming a tad difficult for me to be at my computer for DOS each month. Also with the way figure were selling out early last year, I decided I may actually pick up a sub for this year. It made sense to me at the time. Why you ask? Well as Mattel has stated last year some figures were only going to be available to sub holders and I sure as heck was not going to miss out on the Horde Trooper or Ram Man. Also as a sub holder I was going to get the exclusive figure (which I am liking for this year by the way). I took a chance only on a sub this year because of these factors.

    The fact that Fang Man is only for sub holders should really be no surprise to people. The fact that the line is going this way should be no surprise to people. Is there some animosity, anger and envy here? You bet! it happens. We are all collectors here. We all want that one super awesome figure in our collection to show off to people (mine is Webstor and Spikor) I am pretty sure people who cherry pick or just want the POP or filmation figures will find him through other avenues. If you don't want to pay secondary prices for the piece wait, he may be available during this years black Friday or cyber Monday sales. Who knows, you may even find him through the trade board on these very forums.

    There is nothing NOTHING nefarious here from either Scott, Matty, DG or Mattel. From what I have read on these forums, people wanted a filmation sub, you now have it at no cost other than the commitment to buying all six figures. The only minor issue here is the ill timing of the news for the March sale. Yet, is the news bad news? I don't think so. I think they knew that this was what would occur and are giving the cherry pickers the chance to snag Fang Man through other means at a somewhat affordable price here if they are not a sub holder. Mattel knows which retailer has bought a lot of subscriptions so they know that the product is going to sell. Honestly if you don't want to pay a ton of money for a figure DON'T the choice is yours. My Fang Man is going to stay in the package, I have not decided YET whether I want to keep him or use him as trade bait for other figures I need. I will be honest here, in that if his price on the secondary market goes north of $100.00 I will most definitely be selling him off to use that money for other things. Law of the land.

    I have gone from being a cherry picker to a sub holder for the very reason that I do not want to miss out on any of the figures that I want. Anything that I don't want is going to be used for trading or customizing with. I am happy as a sub holder I am getting some items that are exclusive to being one. What is the point of me signing up for something if I can't reap the rewards of being part of it. In Toronto, I can't for the life of me get a front row seat to a leafs game because of all of the season ticket holders and corporate holders. It is close to impossible. Yet, if I want to spend the bucks I can. I choose not to since I would rather enjoy the game on the t.v.

    The only way Mattel is going to make the subscriptions attractive to the die hard fans is to offer them something that the masses may not get a chance to get. That is why there are exclusive figures. Me signing up for the year and showing my loyalty to the line is the fact I will be getting King He-Man this year. The fact that I signed up means I will get the early access and I am guaranteed my figures for the month. I am happy about that.

    I wish other orgers could get them as well but people had their chance to make a decision to either take your chance on DOS (or lack thereof) or go to the secondary market. We cannot blame Mattel for their decision making regarding what figures are available and which ones are not. It is a business decision that in the end will help to continue the line. If it fails, so be it but if it stays successful for the next couple of years great. I am already trying to make the decision whether I want to join the sub for next year. It will really be determined on what the price is going to be for figures next year. Anything more that $25.00 means that I will have to pass and take my chances. If they stay the same as this year, then I will more than likely re-up for my sub for 2014. At the end of the day the decision is mine as a consumer.

    Having said all of that, I am really stoked for March, not only is it my birthday that month BUT I am also going to get a second chance on getting Mekanek AND able to grab Strobo for the extra heads. Getting King He-Man and Fang Man is awesome. It is going to be an expensive month but one that I am looking forward to.

    I do hope people are able to get their figures that they want and I hope that the rest of the reveals will bring by the love of the hobby folks. Best. Cheers.

    Goon

  20. #545
    Heroic Warrior ManKindRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    410
    I agree also, if Fang Man rises in price like Fisto did. I will most definitely be selling mine.

  21. #546
    Always Hungry.... Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    3,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    What color is a sub anyways? That green color of the box maybe? Could be cool. But, I have no such glasses, so I guess I'm not automatically wrong. BTW, the mod-nurfed my post, which was rather tongue and cheek and didn't have huge yelling size fonts in it, but that's cool.

    You then went to talk about stuff that I wasn't even talking about, so instead of glasses, maybe you have blinders one, which is fine. Some take what we want from the hobby and leave the rest. No worries.

    My point, and only point, was that making the FFM a sub exclusive is a terrible idea. I stand by that. And in your arguments, it stands as being a solid statement, as any sub item in your slightly disjointed lecture (much like mine) should be available DOS, so why not the three pack as well? That's not thinking of only subbers, that's everybody. Easy concept - if you are a picker, and you want the FFM, you would be screwed just the same as you are with Fang Man.

    I also don't think Fang Man should have been exclusive to the sub. But I'm not entirely sure it's under their control, and I'm not one to toss around conspiracy theories, that's just not me. Most of the time, well… half the time at least.

    That's not a quote of mine, direct your attention elsewhere. I seem to be older than you, and honestly, I don't want to grow up anymore right now, but thank you. Also, I'm not talking about scalping, so again, stop confusing me for the voices in your head.
    No wise guy I am older than you and obviously smarter because you picked apart parts of the post I made that suited you and it didn't make any sense and you didn't get the point (Especially about the "Rose Colored" glasses....)

    You know you seem to be starting alot of **** with other people..Opinions are one thing but this could be close to a "flame" war try discussing the problem at hand before you make personal attacks on people..."Jr."
    Last edited by Megalodon; February 14, 2013 at 03:46pm.

  22. #547
    Ray of Sunshine Lookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    Hopefully we'll all be back to enjoying these figures. That's going to be so awesome!

    I still think of everybody on here as fans, HUGE fans. And I would think that most everybody does, even though some people are getting upset. Everybody calms down, and subbers who don't want Fang Man will sell them for really decent prices. They were never cheap to begin with, but cost plus original shipping plus new shipping and a few bucks for materials wont be unheard of hopefully.

    I'm actually still worried we'll get another figure in his box. Or him in another box. It still seems like they have an order gone wrong somehow, and that will def drive the price of the figure up.



    Sheesh dood. Are we buying fruit from Matty collector? No. Was I responding to you? No. I was just playing devils advocate to an also inaccurate analogy about said fruit (which I liked just fine, just showing an opposite side here). It was for fun, you gottuh learn to stop over analyzing stuff (or inaccurately analyzing stuff). I'm actually not fighting with you.

    By the way, I buy MOTUC as a collection, and not just Teela. So when I buy a single figure, it is part of a whole. Open your mind a little, see things from a different perspective.

    Car dealer = Matty. Car = subscription. Car part = figure. Part store = eBay. Works just fine.

    DOS, well that just equals some stuff they special ordered, nobody picked up, and they need to get rid of.



    The steering wheel would probably be on the wrong side, that's for sure! And don't order a white one unless you like grey.
    On behalf of planet earth, please stop making analogies. If you have to explain it, then it isn't a good one.

    On the topic, I will luckily be getting a Strobo through a fellow He-Fan that is local. We all don't have tons of money to throw at MOTUC. Some of us have families or obligations. Mattel is splitting the fan-base with moves like this. But it is all good seeing as it is helping me walk further and further from the line. 2011 = Happy Subscriber. 2012 = Disgruntled Subscriber, 2013 = maybe buy three to four figures. Yeah, Mattel's plan is working splendidly with results like that.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

  23. #548
    Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Front o' castle.
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    On behalf of planet earth, please stop making analogies. If you have to explain it, then it isn't a good one.
    Point taken. I can see that.

    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    See, that analogy doesn't work because you're trying to take parts out of the object. I went in for a tomato......I wasn't asking for just the seeds or the stem which would be the angle of your analogy.
    Sorry for not seeing this before. Yeah, my analogies obviously suck bad, huh. But I was talking of the sub as a whole (I know, I know, having to explain it, sorry Lookie), and asking for a single figure as part of the whole. Mainly an abstract notion of the sculpting budget, and overall sales goals. Yours was indeed much more clear. Maybe buying the good clementines from a box and leaving the bad ones? Alright, fine fine, I'll stop. Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    No wise guy I am older than you and obviously smarter because you picked apart parts of the post I made that suited you and it didn't make any sense and you didn't get the point (Especially about the "Rose Colored" glasses....)

    You know you seem to be starting alot of **** with other people..Opinions are one thing but this could be close to a "flame" war try discussing the problem at hand before you make personal attacks on people..."Jr."
    Hiya,

    Quoting people and having a different opinion isn't starting ~trouble~. You replied first. I only replied to your reply because I didn't appreciate your language. If you reply to me, I will reply back. Often as common courtesy, also to acknowledge that I read it. If I think you misread me, then reply to me in a rude manner, I might just point that out. You show me how you think I started something with you personally, and I'll be glad to go back and change it. I understand that tone can be hard to convey. You do understand you literally called what I said stupid, and then missed the point, right? Unfortunately with your language, I'm sure a mod has deleted most everything anyways. If you think I'm not discussing the topic at hand then please don't reply. If you think I'm picking your stuff apart that picked my stuff apart, well, that gets complicated, but sure, I see what you're saying. Also, I got your point. I was by no means hidden. Though your accusation was inaccurate. I'm not sticking up for subscription holders. I don't see the world through the eyes of a subscriber nor am I blinded to the issues of a picker. I did however try to make a lighthearted comment to diffuse your aggravation, but honestly, if you want to be angry, totally cool. Cheers.

    one last thing - when I only quote parts of a post, it's not to pick it apart, it's because it's long, and most people don't want to read it again.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; February 14, 2013 at 06:37pm.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

  24. #549
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by KING HE-MAN View Post
    Someone stated that Matty charges taxes but I check my previous orders and have never been charged any. Does anyone know if they are going to charge taxes this time?
    It depends on your state and the current laws... I believe Texas is one of the states that recently passed legislation requiring online retailers to collect sales tax, but I'm not 100% positive...
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  25. #550
    Heroic Warrior KING HE-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sullivan City, Texas USA
    Posts
    133
    Darn I hope they don't since I only have $80 to hopefully get 2 Ram Man's.....
    The New King of Eternia
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •