Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 953

Thread: UPDATED: Strobo In March!!! 3/15 Matty Sale Announced! w/ Strobo update

  1. #51
    Always Hungry.... Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I'm a subscriber and only need 1 Fangman. BUT! what absolutely stupid timing to do this! They are selling a Filmation sub and the first figure they make non DOS is.... you guessed it! a FILMATION character! So any Filmation completist jumping on board this year after hearing about the Filmation sub is screwed out of getting Fang Man! But then that's the dumbness to expect from Matty right?

    Better go to BBTS folks as they only have 9 pre-orders for Fang Man left!

    The Fighting Foe Men better NOT have any DOS either, so folks can offload those much easier!
    Yea they did the same thing with another Filmation character...Who could that have been....Oh that's right Shadow Weaver possible the most WANTED figure from both lines for years.... Gotta love the brain trust...

  2. #52
    Eternian Collector Asher99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    As for the notion that this is a transparent ploy to get people to subscribe... that seems quite obvious. I am surprised anyone is surprised. It doesn't mean it's wrong... just a sales tactic. Like the subscriber bonus. We were all well informed. People made choices. They should own those choices.
    I totally agree with you. We were warned beforehand about this long time ago. Why are people surprised or screaming bloody murder now????
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,018
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I'm a subscriber and only need 1 Fangman. BUT! what absolutely stupid timing to do this! They are selling a Filmation sub and the first figure they make non DOS is.... you guessed it! a FILMATION character! So any Filmation completist jumping on board this year after hearing about the Filmation sub is screwed out of getting Fang Man! But then that's the dumbness to expect from Matty right?

    Better go to BBTS folks as they only have 9 pre-orders for Fang Man left!

    The Fighting Foe Men better NOT have any DOS either, so folks can offload those much easier!
    Who wants to bet that BBTS is gonna raise their pre-order price as soon as they hear about this?

    and that FFM thing would be great! A lot of folks with multiple subs are worried about taking a bath on the FFM.

    **EDIT - The BBTS pre-order is now "sold out"
    Last edited by Kowl; February 12, 2013 at 08:38pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior Hosed Ovor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    It could also **** off subscribers who sometimes buy extras on sale days. Like me for example. I'm a subscribe-or and I LOVE FILMation. What if I wanted a 2nd Fang Man. 1 to keep MOC, 1 to open. Guess I'll just leave him MOC with my one sub.
    Exactly! Alienating customers isn't a good idea. The marketing manager should be focused on gaining customers not turning them away. Want to buy our product? You can't! Mwahahaha!

    Brilliant, Matty! Absolutely brilliant!

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    I totally agree with you. We were warned beforehand about this long time ago. Why are people surprised or screaming bloody murder now????
    It's an excuse to hate on Mattel and Scott... Some people live for that apparently... I am not surprised that people are surprised... I kind of wish all the figures were subscription only personally.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  6. #56
    Always Hungry.... Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Who wants to bet that BBTS is gonna raise their pre-order price as soon as they hear about this?

    and that FFM thing would be great! A lot of folks with multiple subs are worried about taking a bath on the FFM.
    Yes but if you place the order they can't raise the price if you have an outstanding order already

    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    It's an excuse to hate on Mattel and Scott... Some people live for that apparently... I am not surprised that people are surprised... I kind of wish all the figures were subscription only personally.
    Yea that would work......

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    Exactly! Alienating customers isn't a good idea. The marketing manager should be focused on gaining customers not turning them away. Want to buy our product? You can't! Mwahahaha!

    Brilliant, Matty! Absolutely brilliant!
    Works brilliantly for Apple! They constantly turn people away that want to buy product and tell them they need to make an appointment on another day.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  8. #58
    Eternian Sorcerer zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    11,986
    I forgot to go on and on and on about how surprised and excited I am to get Strobo in one month's time! I feel like we were shown TOD Sorceress at one of the cons and it was like a year and half or something before we had the chance to buy her (if we weren't attending a con). I like this way muuuuch better... to have the option to secure an exclusive like this ahead of time online, while there still being enough made to take to cons to sell, put on Matty for the general public afterwards, etc.
    It's kinda like "Oh wow. The sub actually has a few good perks this year!"
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,491
    WOW! Whether they doing this on purpose or not ( A month in advance release and even before we got our Feb. figures, just days after TF and the announcement of a Filmation sub) or not the example will now be made.

    Now the Battle for Strobo begins!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior Hosed Ovor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    It's an excuse to hate on Mattel and Scott... Some people live for that apparently... I am not surprised that people are surprised... I kind of wish all the figures were subscription only personally.
    It's not about hating on anyone. It's about wanting the line to continue. Running off customers is part of the reason subscription sales have dropped so much the past two years. I don't think any of us are surprised Matty still doesn't have a clue; however, the habitual ineptitude does get frustrating after awhile.

  11. #61
    Eternian Collector Asher99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I forgot to go on and on and on about how surprised and excited I am to get Strobo in one month's time! I feel like we were shown TOD Sorceress at one of the cons and it was like a year and half or something before we had the chance to buy her (if we weren't attending a con). I like this way muuuuch better... to have the option to secure an exclusive like this ahead of time online, while there still being enough made to take to cons to sell, put on Matty for the general public afterwards, etc.
    It's kinda like "Oh wow. The sub actually has a few good perks this year!"
    I'm very gald that MATTEL is finally rewarding all time subscribers. They have stated over and over again that their business model is based on subscriptons, it's only fair that they reward those people that made MOTUC possible...
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Wow, glad I got my sub!!!

    Strobo and Fangman here I come!

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    I'm very gald that MATTEL is finally rewarding all time subscribers. They have stated over and over again that their business model is based on subscriptons, it's only fair that they reward those people that made MOTUC possible...
    I am a subscriber... to DC and Watchmen. I can't afford MOTUC on top of that, but I was a completist with the 200x line, and Mattel burned me there. It sucks to be told, in spite of all that, that I'm not worthy of certain figures.

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior Inhibitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    It could also **** off subscribers who sometimes buy extras on sale days. Like me for example. I'm a subscribe-or and I LOVE FILMation. What if I wanted a 2nd Fang Man. 1 to keep MOC, 1 to open. Guess I'll just leave him MOC with my one sub.
    I'm in the same boat when it comes to certain figs (I want multiple Rammys), but there's always ebay folks. Kind of surprised it actually happened, but they did make it a selling point for the sub.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior swind15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    949
    As soon as this thread posted I ran to BBTS and ordered my Fang-Man. I'm a cherry picker, but I subbed for the Filmation series. Fang-Man was one of my most wanted figures this year, so I hope BBTS comes through for me.

  16. #66
    Always Hungry.... Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    I'm in the same boat when it comes to certain figs (I want multiple Rammys), but there's always ebay folks. Kind of surprised it actually happened, but they did make it a selling point for the sub.
    Funny thing is that alot of people hate Filmation and say these characters "suck" and they "hate" having them in the line because it takes a spot of something more deserving until an announcement like this comes up then they love the figure because they can sell him on E-Bay for big bucks....

    Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    As soon as this thread posted I ran to BBTS and ordered my Fang-Man. I'm a cherry picker, but I subbed for the Filmation series. Fang-Man was one of my most wanted figures this year, so I hope BBTS comes through for me.
    Yea I got lucky as well and picked one up...

  17. #67
    Eternian Collector Asher99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I am a subscriber... to DC and Watchmen. I can't afford MOTUC on top of that, but I was a completist with the 200x line, and Mattel burned me there. It sucks to be told, in spite of all that, that I'm not worthy of certain figures.
    I understand how you feel but it's best to look forward and be glad that we have MOTUC. More than 100 figures have been released so far and among them many long awaited. Long live MOTUC!
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

  18. #68
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,920
    RE: No day-of Fang Man.

    yodafreakmaster to the rescue! I'm sure he will have a few to sell. He has like...what...50 subs?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  19. #69
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,852
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Before people freak out too much, we'll need to see what the final demand for Fang Man actually is. It might not be as bad as you think. I hope everyone who wants one gets one, though! You just might have to pay a little more.
    If your a non subbing Filmation fan then you have a right to be upset Your post comes across as extremely condescending. Some folks just cannot afford to spend over $500 on toys just to get the 2-3 figures they want.

    I'm guessing the next non DOS figure will be Karatti? If Fang Man gets zero day of, yet a NA secondary character does, then I'll know Scott has lost the plot! Though who knows? Maybe it's just Fang Man for now, timed to sell the Filmation sub? Unfortunately I think it might back fire...
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior Hosed Ovor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    I'm very gald that MATTEL is finally rewarding all time subscribers. They have stated over and over again that their business model is based on subscriptons, it's only fair that they reward those people that made MOTUC possible...
    They aren't rewarding subscribers by limiting Fang Man. If they wanted to reward subscribers they would offer him as part of the early access like Strobo. Subscribers who want extras of Fang Man are in the same boat as non-subscribers.

    I did subscribe and don't want any extra's. It's the potential ramifications down the road that concern me.

  21. #71
    Always Hungry.... Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    If your a non subbing Filmation fan then you have a right to be upset Your post comes across as extremely condescending. Some folks just cannot afford to spend over $500 on toys just to get the 2-3 figures they want.

    I'm guessing the next non DOS figure will be Karatti? If Fang Man gets zero day of, yet a NA secondary character does, then I'll know Scott has lost the plot! Though who knows? Maybe it's just Fang Man for now, timed to sell the Filmation sub? Unfortunately I think it might back fire...
    Your right BC and people don't want to admit it they spend god awful ammounts of money on this line and others can't afford to because they don't have an excess of disposable income so because they can and others can't it sucks to be you guys....Is this how ALL toy lines are going to end up?? With whoever has the most money (Or willing to throw the most at it) are the only ones to get them???

    If that's true then maybe Action Figures will be gone more sooner than later...

    Look at all of the cool Star Wras,Transformers & Other toys how expensive they are getting...Sideshow Collectibles etc. Look at the 12" Sideshow Vintage Star Wars figures alot of those are "Exclusive" only and over $100 each....really???

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    464
    [QUOTE=Megalodon;3208729]Funny thing is that alot of people hate Filmation and say these characters "suck" and they "hate" having them in the line because it takes a spot of something more deserving until an announcement like this comes up then they love the figure because they can sell him on E-Bay for big bucks....

    I also heard many subscribers not wanting fang man,my hope is many of them will help those with out subs. This could be a win for everyone,eBay is a pain to sell on,so why not help out the fellow collectors we talk to everyday.

    That is my hope any way.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,385
    From my recollection, Castle Grayskullman was the only 30th Ann fig that sold out, wasnt it? So maybe they are trying to be more cautious with the new Filmation stuff.

  24. #74
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    If your a non subbing Filmation fan then you have a right to be upset Your post comes across as extremely condescending. Some folks just cannot afford to spend over $500 on toys just to get the 2-3 figures they want.
    It's not meant to be condescending. It's just the truth. I realize it seems unfair, so I can understand your viewpoint. I'm not saying it's fair that some people can't get a sub. But that's just life. There's nothing condescending about that. I can't get a Ferrari. I can't get a big house with a pool. Or, well, maybe I could do the latter if I bought less toys!

    But I make choices. Just like everyone does. People made the choice not to subscribe. If they didn't have the money for it, that means they made the choice to pay for food or rent or diapers or whatever rather than buy a sub. I'd say that was the right choice. But it's still a choice that was made, and was made fully informed by Mattel again and again of this possibility.

    I just think that people should accept they made a choice, here. This is not something that was done to them. They are not victims. I am truly sorry if that seems condescending. And I'm not apathetic. Far from it. If I could somehow wish it into being that there were Fang Man's for everyone, I'd do it. But that's not within my power.

    The only thing within my power, as it was for everyone, was to choose to buy a sub or not.

  25. #75
    Always Hungry.... Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Funny thing is that alot of people hate Filmation and say these characters "suck" and they "hate" having them in the line because it takes a spot of something more deserving until an announcement like this comes up then they love the figure because they can sell him on E-Bay for big bucks....

    I also heard many subscribers not wanting fang man,my hope is many of them will help those with out subs. This could be a win for everyone,eBay is a pain to sell on,so why not help out the fellow collectors we talk to everyday.

    That is my hope any way.
    I hope they do too but in the past is hasn't worked like people wanted it to...

    I feel like I was watching an old Piper's Pit when he would say "Just when they seem to have all the answers I change the question"

    That's what Mattel is doing here (On purpose)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •