Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 953

Thread: UPDATED: Strobo In March!!! 3/15 Matty Sale Announced! w/ Strobo update

  1. #751
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,272
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    So why are the protective cases not available on early access? I thought it was for all out of sub items? Matty is so screwy.
    I am hoping they are, but Mattel doesn't state that on their release schedule. If they aren't available when Strobo is during early access then I won't be buying any. I refuse to pay for shipping 3 times when all of these items will be in stock at the same time. That is utterly ridiculous.

  2. #752
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,386
    I agree. They are so petty when it comes to ordering from them. The cases should be available, as they are out of sub items.

  3. #753
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,671
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    And to Mattel sympathizers: you're entitled to your opinion, just like I'm entitled to mine. Please remember, I am not a cherry-picker, my reason for not subbing (for the first time) is due to Mattel's ineptitude in handling the sub process, as well as their ineptitude in handling their own mistakes, it is not due to protest of certain figures, and it is not due (yet) to price. I own everything from this line except the TRU 2-packs, and molar. I've pre-ordered Greyskull (first open pre-order), and now Mattel is telling me I'm not worthy of a figure, even though it is purely their fault that I didn't feel comfortable subbing this year. Sound fair to you?
    You are not alone, my friend. And you and I support the line every bit as much as anyone who subs. Since I fled Matty in abject fear and loathing, I have purchased EVERY single thing offered both in and out of the sub, including King He-Man (he popped back up for a second on Big Bad and I got one!!!!!!). You can basically say that one of BBTS' subs is actually mine, as well as one of every out of sub purchase they make, and it's folks like me who keep them and other e-tailers ordering their subs from Matty, thus contributing to the total number of subs and other items sold. Same with Club Infinite Earths and the Watchmen.

    Just because we can't tolerate the ineptitude of DR any longer does not mean we are not every bit as faithful a pair of MOTU supporters as everyone else.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  4. #754
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles(Long Beach)
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    You are not alone, my friend. And you and I support the line every bit as much as anyone who subs. Since I fled Matty in abject fear and loathing, I have purchased EVERY single thing offered both in and out of the sub, including King He-Man (he popped back up for a second on Big Bad and I got one!!!!!!). You can basically say that one of BBTS' subs is actually mine, as well as one of every out of sub purchase they make, and it's folks like me who keep them and other e-tailers ordering their subs from Matty, thus contributing to the total number of subs and other items sold. Same with Club Infinite Earths and the Watchmen.

    Just because we can't tolerate the ineptitude of DR any longer does not mean we are not every bit as faithful a pair of MOTU supporters as everyone else.
    Maybe you got my BBTS preorder I cancelled mine a few days ago.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Still angry at Mattel that I cannot seem to get a good price on Fang Man. Unless a kindhearted .orger can charge me the cost plus shipping to me, i.e. no mark-up, then it looks like I'll be out a figure that I really want. I can't afford, or justify going rates for him. All because Mattel's sub's are not getting the tweaks that fans have been asking for from the beginning, as well as poor QC, poor CS and no combined shipping option. For these reasons and others I decided to forgo the sub even though I'm pretty much a completist, and now it looks like I'll be screwed out of a figure I want. I will never get over this arrogant and bullish tactic. After all this time I'm still as angry as I was the first day I learned Fang Man wouldn't be available to Mattel customers; you know, the people who keep this line going.

    And to Mattel sympathizers: you're entitled to your opinion, just like I'm entitled to mine. Please remember, I am not a cherry-picker, my reason for not subbing (for the first time) is due to Mattel's ineptitude in handling the sub process, as well as their ineptitude in handling their own mistakes, it is not due to protest of certain figures, and it is not due (yet) to price. I own everything from this line except the TRU 2-packs, and molar. I've pre-ordered Greyskull (first open pre-order), and now Mattel is telling me I'm not worthy of a figure, even though it is purely their fault that I didn't feel comfortable subbing this year. Sound fair to you?
    I imagine many extra sub holders are selling FM and King He-Man at a profit because of the Fighing Foe Men.

  5. #755
    Heroic Warrior nicholighkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    At the feet of Christ
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    I imagine many extra sub holders are selling FM and King He-Man at a profit because of the Fighing Foe Men.
    I hold no grudge for people who want to turn their investment into a profit. I just can't afford to accommodate that. : /

  6. #756
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    You are not alone, my friend. And you and I support the line every bit as much as anyone who subs. Since I fled Matty in abject fear and loathing, I have purchased EVERY single thing offered both in and out of the sub, including King He-Man (he popped back up for a second on Big Bad and I got one!!!!!!). You can basically say that one of BBTS' subs is actually mine, as well as one of every out of sub purchase they make, and it's folks like me who keep them and other e-tailers ordering their subs from Matty, thus contributing to the total number of subs and other items sold. Same with Club Infinite Earths and the Watchmen.

    Just because we can't tolerate the ineptitude of DR any longer does not mean we are not every bit as faithful a pair of MOTU supporters as everyone else.
    But...but...but...if you were *REALLY* a fan, you would sub...true He-man fans sub, those who don't are Charry-Pickors and should be floating in the moat of Grayskull because TRUE fans support Mattel in everything they and their representatives do.

    REALLY!

  7. #757
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,671
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    But...but...but...if you were *REALLY* a fan, you would sub...true He-man fans sub, those who don't are Charry-Pickors and should be floating in the moat of Grayskull because TRUE fans support Mattel in everything they and their representatives do.

    REALLY!
    The grumpy old dragon hangs his head in shame and heads straight for the moat...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  8. #758
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The grumpy old dragon hangs his head in shame and heads straight for the moat...
    Come on in, the water's fine.

  9. #759
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    But...but...but...if you were *REALLY* a fan, you would sub...true He-man fans sub, those who don't are Charry-Pickors and should be floating in the moat of Grayskull because TRUE fans support Mattel in everything they and their representatives do.

    REALLY!

    Since he buys everything from BBTS,and they sub ,he is buying a sub as well.

    Ergo, the grumpy old dragon is a subscriber. And a very important one,his buying through a reseller will make them continue to buy and may even increase their subs next year.

    Honestly,with the DR issues,I am surprised BBTS has not just offered the entire sub for sale at a little less than what they have for list prices. Combined with less hassle,no tax and pile of loot,the grumpy old dragon may be getting a better price than me,the mighty subscribor.

    Perhaps the water is nice.

    I gotta tell you,if BBTS offered this,I would jump ship fast,I love my big boxes from them every few months.

    Not to plug BBTS,but they should really consider this.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  10. #760
    I'm Galactic! ChgoMarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The great state of IL
    Posts
    559
    I'm 100% all in so the sub works best for me.
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

  11. #761
    Heroic Warrior burgun824's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    116
    HOLY SMOKES! This bad boy is still rolling on.

    torchespitchforks.jpg
    Kittens are delicious!

  12. #762
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,527
    Gotta get Strobo. I want him more than any other lately.....Please let me snag one in early access.......please I beg of the Matty people.....

  13. #763
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    I'm 100% all in so the sub works best for me.
    This ---^ I empathize with those left holding signs on 3/15 sale day; "WILL WORK FOR FANGMAN", but it's not like this possibility hasn't been known for some time. I really wish it hadn't come to this- no figures left for sale day of certain characters- but the low sell in on the subs and all the rest are a sign that this kind of thing was bound to happen eventually to someone.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

  14. #764
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    This ---^ I empathize with those left holding signs on 3/15 sale day; "WILL WORK FOR FANGMAN", but it's not like this possibility hasn't been known for some time. I really wish it hadn't come to this- no figures left for sale day of certain characters- but the low sell in on the subs and all the rest are a sign that this kind of thing was bound to happen eventually to someone.
    I too wish it hadn't come to this. So many people left out...yeah I know, we had warning that it could happen, but it's still unfortunate. It just leaves people out. i mean, not everyone can afford the sub or subs, and Fang Man is very popular.....hopefully he will pop up again down the line for those who need/want him.

  15. #765
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    This ---^ I empathize with those left holding signs on 3/15 sale day; "WILL WORK FOR FANGMAN", but it's not like this possibility hasn't been known for some time. I really wish it hadn't come to this- no figures left for sale day of certain characters- but the low sell in on the subs and all the rest are a sign that this kind of thing was bound to happen eventually to someone.
    The proof will be in if any other items don't make sale day. If Fang Man is the only one, then it will be obvious it was ONLY done to sell the Filmation sub
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

  16. #766
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles(Long Beach)
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The proof will be in if any other items don't make sale day. If Fang Man is the only one, then it will be obvious it was ONLY done to sell the Filmation sub
    I predict Mantenna will be next.

  17. #767
    Heroic Warrior nicholighkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    At the feet of Christ
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by fan question and toyguru answer
    The fact that Fangman wont be available for Day of Sales, is that due to lower production or just a perk for subscribers?

    Both
    The sub exclusive is supposed to be the only sub bonus. I'm well aware that we were "warned" of this, but it was still an intentional move to sell subs, at the expense of fans who wouldn't/couldn't sub. In other words, it's a big middle finger to 2 types of fans; the ones who don't have the money to guarantee Mattel the purchase of each and every figure they make, and to those who are fed up with Mattel incompetence and disrespect. Well I for one will not be forgetting this any time soon. Not only am I still ****** about this, I'm getting more and more ****** off the more I think about it.

  18. #768
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The proof will be in if any other items don't make sale day. If Fang Man is the only one, then it will be obvious it was ONLY done to sell the Filmation sub
    Does it count if its around the time to sign up for 2014 sub?

  19. #769
    I'm Galactic! ChgoMarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The great state of IL
    Posts
    559
    I'm a bit confused. Some people say that they didn't sub because they can't guarantee that they would have the money every month. But you never know when you will or won't have the money. I can completely understand that. My household income has dropped due to my wife going on disability.

    So if Fangman was available on DOS this month, and you wanted him, and you couldn't afford to guarantee the money every month for a sub, you are saying that somehow you'd be able to scrap together the money somehow this month?
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

  20. #770
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The proof will be in if any other items don't make sale day. If Fang Man is the only one, then it will be obvious it was ONLY done to sell the Filmation sub
    I'm pretty sure they've already stated that the figure that the mystery sword is coming with won't be available day of either.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  21. #771
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,014
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they've already stated that the figure that the mystery sword is coming with won't be available day of either.
    We are talking about the main sub, since that is what Fangman is a part of.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

  22. #772
    Heroic Warrior Mad Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    457
    I was checking the early access page and I found out that Strobo is listed at $25! I was thinking it was going to be 27. Also it says that the maximum order quantity is 10. So may be it will not sell out so quickly, I hope

  23. #773
    Heroic Warrior goluphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Still angry at Mattel that I cannot seem to get a good price on Fang Man. Unless a kindhearted .orger can charge me the cost plus shipping to me, i.e. no mark-up, then it looks like I'll be out a figure that I really want. I can't afford, or justify going rates for him. All because Mattel's sub's are not getting the tweaks that fans have been asking for from the beginning, as well as poor QC, poor CS and no combined shipping option. For these reasons and others I decided to forgo the sub even though I'm pretty much a completist, and now it looks like I'll be screwed out of a figure I want. I will never get over this arrogant and bullish tactic. After all this time I'm still as angry as I was the first day I learned Fang Man wouldn't be available to Mattel customers; you know, the people who keep this line going.

    And to Mattel sympathizers: you're entitled to your opinion, just like I'm entitled to mine. Please remember, I am not a cherry-picker, my reason for not subbing (for the first time) is due to Mattel's ineptitude in handling the sub process, as well as their ineptitude in handling their own mistakes, it is not due to protest of certain figures, and it is not due (yet) to price. I own everything from this line (including several doubles and even a couple triples). the only figures I do not own are the TRU 2-packs (though I'd like to eventually land the Zodac and Mer-man), and I will not buy Molar. I've pre-ordered Greyskull (first open pre-order), and now Mattel is telling me I'm not worthy of a figure, even though it is purely their fault that I didn't feel comfortable subbing this year. Sound fair to you?
    I don't get it. You say that you're a completist, you say you want to be guaranteed all the figures, and yet you chose not to subscribe, and now you're trying to blame Mattel for your mistake? Subscriptions were designed to try to guarantee completists that they would always get their figures. And yet, you chose not to, and somehow this is anyone's fault but your own? If the QC and CS issues really bothered you, you wouldn't be buying these figures at all. Obviously, they don't bother you so much to stop buying the line.

    The cost you pay for having a subscription (potential CS issues, Digital River shipping woes, etc) is to guarantee yourself the figures you want, right when they come out. Secondary market prices reflect these costs with very real dollars. If you're going to be a cherry picker and don't want a subscription, you run the risk of not getting the figure you want from Mattycollector, and then you have to go to the secondary market. There you're going to have to pay someone else for not only the figure they got from the subscription, but the cost of their time to ship it to you, additional shipping costs, and also you're paying them to offset the costs of subscribing for a whole year and sometimes not getting the figure that they want. If anyone gives you ANY figure from their subscriptoin at cost you are a lucky man, because it is costing them money to give it to you at cost.

    It sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too. Sometimes that ain't gonna happen. If you don't have a subscription, you have no right to complain about missing out on a figure, it's as simple as that.

  24. #774
    Heroic Warrior nicholighkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    At the feet of Christ
    Posts
    2,365
    Goluphi: My reasons for not subbing are many. One major cause is monetary uncertainty (not knowing what my bank account would look like in the future, it has nothing [yet] to do with the price of the figures, although I find the price to be outrageous). I intend to buy all figures, but I couldn't commit to guaranteeing Mattel access to my account in case of insufficient funds. Another main reason is the absence of ability to add extra items to our subs to save on shipping. I have a MOC collection of only the Heroes and Evil-Warriors that I owned as a kid, and therefore I need an extra figure frequently. Paying extra for shipping last year was unacceptable and unnecessary. The QC CS issues were just extra grievances that further weighed down my ability to commit to Mattel's faulty, and even laughable sub structure. As it turns out, the only month that I would have needed to buy extra's as far as the MOC collection goes would have only been February, where the only 2 figs announced to date that I plan on getting a double of were both issued together. But of course, there was no way for me to know that Mattel would have another delay that would have worked for me if I had bought a sub. I wish I would have subbed, but I couldn't tell the future, and based on the year that we were experiencing during the sub sign-up period, I wasn't willing to pay DR outrageous amounts for extra items to ship to me. It was Mattel's fault that I did not sub. I'm tired of giving way too much money to DR because Mattel refuses to allow sub holders to add extra items to their sub. This is my major complaint with the sub. None of the other issues are enough to keep me from subbing, but they are high octane fuel for the fire.

  25. #775
    We can choose these? Matthew K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,121
    Okay, alert set for early access Strobo. Let's do this!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •