Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: UPDATED: Strobo In March!!! 3/15 Matty Sale Announced! w/ Strobo update

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The 250.00 thing is baffling. Why do they keep doing that?
    I actually had a Keldor still lingering in my cart for $270.00. Obviously I didn't check out at that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    My statement of Europe was to kind of imply there was more to international fans than just Europe. I should have ended my statement with that doesn't include people from non-European nations though.

All the point was was that Europeans who missed out have a chance at at convention, but the implication is they have to be able to go and to said convention and actually go. The same is true of Americans and the two conventions we are getting. I will be going to my first convention this year, it isn't NYCC nor Power Con. And I don't have the funds to do that. That was the real point of me saying it covers Europe about as well as either of the US cons do.

The reality is Strobo was most likely only released in a small amount for this Early Access to get people to the cons and to purchase the figure. Scott also said there would be more Strobo's on Matty later this year. What people are going to have to watch doing right now, is creating an artificial price cap for the figure. Fans make it look like this guy is worth 150 bucks right now, getting him at the cons or online later this year is going to blow up in our faces as resellers get a hold of him and won't budge on price to sell him because at one point he was going for that much. It won't be for a good year after his last matty selling that his price will go down.
    As ticked as I am about missing out on him, I refuse to pay scalper prices. These clowns are part of the reason I missed out. I still blame Matty for that, though. But won't allow scalpers to benefit at the expense of my wallet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Cowboy View Post
    I love how if people didnt get it it is always scalpers. I bought one for me, tons of toher people have posted that they gt one or two for themselves and a friends or two who they help out. if three hundred of us bought 1 to three that is 100 to 900 figures right there and that is probably way more than what they actually had in stock. A few resalers probably did get through, true. But most that ordered bought one to three.
    I assume you have some numbers from Mattel to support this claim?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The 250.00 thing is baffling. Why do they keep doing that?
    They were foretelling the price is was gonna be on ebay....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    The way I see it, if Mattel was going to make a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of Strobo figures available this month, it probably would have been a good idea to reduce the limit of Strobo figures available for each customer.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."