Thread: New Swat Kats animated show in the works

Heroic Warrior

New Swat Kats animated show in the works

I hear rumors from the creators of the show that they are thinking of doing a reboot revival show for Cartoon Network, sounds nice or what? any other fans of the original show?

Loved the original since it first aired 20 years ago when i was 12 when i watched it on TBS every sunday afternoon and thought it was awesome.

I think Brad Douriff should be Razor's voice and Michael Rouke as T-Bone's voice.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    I hear rumors from the creators of the show that they are thinking of doing a reboot revival show for Cartoon Network, sounds nice or what? any other fans of the original show?

Loved the original since it first aired 20 years ago when i was 12 when i watched it on TBS every sunday afternoon and thought it was awesome.

I think Brad Douriff should be Razor's voice and Michael Rouke as T-Bone's voice.
    better hope it doesn't wind up on CN.. if it gets popular it'll get canned in year two
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Ah yes, an underrated gem from the 90's. Hope it works out well.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    better hope it doesn't wind up on CN.. if it gets popular it'll get canned in year two
    It is profoundly disappointing to me that some of my first thoughts on seeing this thread is that the show will be well received and then promptly cancelled within two seasons.

Swat Kats does have great potential for a new series, so here's hoping for the best.

It does have great potential to be even darker than the original show. Maybe kick off the pilot with Chance and Jake as Enforcers with the episode ending with their dismissal. Have the next one constructing the TurboKat. I too am worried that it will get canned just when it starts to get really good. Like how MYP He-Man and Thundercats'11 did.

Because as we all know, good cartoons must not last very long in this day, and age where everything has to be so dumb, stupid, and insulting so that nobody over the age of 16 can enjoy it. 'Freakazoid', 'He-Man 2002', 'Spectacular Spider-Man', 'Thundercats 2011', 'Young Justice', All died at the hands of crap being more successful.

The worst part is that Cartoon Network keeps green lighting good shows and it's as if they're already plotting to kill the show when it first airs. How many times have we seen CN run limited repeats, schedule bounce shows, kill any momentum by ceasing to run new episodes for weeks or months and then proclaim that X show isn't doing well so were "putting it on hiatus"?

Right now the HUB runs hours more DC animated programing than CN and its should be better DC Nation block
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; February 13, 2013 at 07:11pm.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    How'd they get the rights away from Ted Turner?

--SMP
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Swat Kats fall under Hanna-Barbera don't they?

I read somewhere a few years back that Ted Turner was personally responsible for killing the Swat Kats because he considered it "violent."

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Or canned in year one, like what happened to the Thundercats revival. Of course there, the rest of us know it is canned yet CN and WB still won't issue the official statement that it is all over with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Swat Kats fall under Hanna-Barbera don't they?

I read somewhere a few years back that Ted Turner was personally responsible for killing the Swat Kats because he considered it "violent."
    Of course, Ted Turner is the same guy who thinks Captain Planet is the greatest cartoon show of all time, so what does he know?!
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Heroic Warrior
    I would love a new Swat Kats cartoon if it is actually good. I hope they get the original voice acters for this one as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I would love a new Swat Kats cartoon if it is actually good. I hope they get the original voice acters for this one as well.
    Well Tress can still play Callie and do you like my ideal casting for T-Bone and Razor?

Say uh did anyone watched the original show growing up?

And did anyone else thought Callie was a hottie? i did when i was 12 and was crazy about her. She's one of the finest cartoon catgirls ever! and Tress was perfection as her.

Yet Cartoon Network can be jerkwads at time
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.