Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mantenna's crotch piece used elsewhere in the line?

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

Mantenna's crotch piece used elsewhere in the line?

...During the NYTF panel, Scott asks one of the 4 horsemen if Mantenna was a completely new tooled figure...

...The horseman replied that he was all new, apart from his hands and his crotch piece...

...later again in the Pixel Dan walkthrough, Scott mentions this again...

QUESTION IS .... have we ever seen another figure with this crotch piece that allows for 4 legs so far in the line? I don't think any released figure has it....which means it must have been originally used on a figure that has yet to be revealed....but that was already tooled BEFORE Mantenna....suggesting it would be released BEFORE him...

...do the math....and that only leaves one possibility....

SDCC exclusive must have been sculpted before Mantenna, although it's reveal is being held back til April...

...and what figure could use a crotch piece designed for 4 legs?

Modulok for SDCC?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Sounds likely.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

This would be a better SDCC than Vykron for sure.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    That's some seriously awesome deduction!
    I hope that you're right.

very nice. It would be cool to have him.

With green parts for the SDCC exclusive
    Last edited by Arvulis; February 13, 2013 at 09:29am.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I was wondering what existing crotch piece they could use for his four legs (I thought maybe TG mis-spoke and meant the loincloth piece, but I didn't recognize it) , but it never dawned on me that it could be from a figure we haven't seen yet. An outright Holmesian deduction; Moddy has to be int he pipeline either as the SDCC figure (VERY likely, methinks) or a deluxe slot like Rammy.

I wonder if the "slip" was intentional to start some buzz; funny TG made the same "slip" twice.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Excellent deduction. I seem to remember back awhile that BCRDuke was hinting about Modulok, which is rare that something he hints at doesn't come to fruition. I wonder if they've been slowly tooling Modulok, a piece or two at a time with other figures, until they get the entire mold?

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    This would be a better SDCC than Vykron for sure.
    Sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    Somebody said when the Mantenna parts were first leaked that there were Modulok parts in the figure. I don't know if this is what he was talking about. Could there be other parts?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Good point, man !

Indeed Modulok could be avaiable at SDCC with his aternate head and even, some green limbs (in honor to Argentine Top Toys variant).

On the other hand, Matty's version would be the classic one

I think if it is Modulok He will be done as Filmation/styleguide with some vintage look. I just hope like Strobo since it's a NON sub item subscribers get first crack at him with early access on matty a month or two before SDCC so we can have it shipped to our home

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Modulock would make sense as the SDCC exclusive.

For the past couple of years, with Marlena (aka Captain Glenn) & Cringer, and also with Vykron, the exact same figures with the exact same accessories were offered through both SDCC and Matty Collector, with the only difference being the pack-out (and in Marlena's case, the bio). So, for people who open their figures, there was no difference with the end product. It was only a problem for MOC/MIB collectors who might want a specific pack out.

Modulock would be perfect for this since he has many possible rearrangements, and since it's a one-off exclusive, it won't matter if he comes out at an unusual price point that doesn't fit within the predetermined pricing of the sub items.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for it, but he's still going to need new parts. How will they attach the extra crotches and legs? Modulok will need even more new, extensive tooling. I can see him being the SDCC exclusive, though. It makes too much sense not to.

Maybe a sagitar as well
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He would make an awesome SDCC exclusive - Him or Evilseed - any character who has multiple display options.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Well it's pretty obvious we will be seeing a modulak in the near future. They're gonna get their money's worth out of that piece. I think he'd be a strong sdcc exclusive. He appeals to both motu and pop purists.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I would be one very happy boy.

<--- Obviously.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Snappy Threader
    Do we have some pics of Mantenna from behind? Modulok has 6 legs....Mantenna only 4......just curious if the crotch piece referenced could be expanded to accomodate two more legs....

Doesnt Mantenna also have the smaller torso buck we have been waiting for? Lizard Man?
    -BEAU

Greyskull's Army

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Do we have some pics of Mantenna from behind? Modulok has 6 legs....Mantenna only 4......just curious if the crotch piece referenced could be expanded to accomodate two more legs....
    But he only had three legs in the cartoon. Four legs would be splitting the difference, maybe? Or, perhaps, he will have three legs and the fourth spot will sport a tail like the toy came with, combining elements from toon and figure?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I don't think Modulok is the SDCC exclusive. However I do think we will see him at SDCC this year, as a reveal for 2014!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    But Modulok (Filmation) have 3 legs.

To save money on tooling, they'll probably just release a Modulok with four legs.

What about Multi-Bot?

If/when they make Modulok, he'll definitely have 6 legs! It would be like making Two-Bad with just one head... Heck, they even made Mantenna with four, even though his vintage figure only had the two (fused together)... So why would they cheap out on Modulok.

I don't think they'll reuse Mantenna's crotchpiece, since that only houses 4 legs, but tooling a new crotchpiece is not that big of a deal I guess. The biggest cost is the skinnier buck and legs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    To save money on tooling, they'll probably just release a Modulok with four legs.
    By that logic, they would have made a Procrustus with 2 arms...