Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC custom Knight-Mare

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar

MOTUC custom Knight-Mare

Nearly five months after his 'reveal' Power Con, I'm finally getting around to actually making a thread on this guy. In addition to life, part of the reason being he's pretty tough to get good photos of him. Figured I would just put him on here with what I had. He's become one of my favorites in my custom collection, the way I see it is these two demonic creatures were somehow spellbound together, forever to be inseparable and wreak havoc together. I'm sure they could be separated and defeated by He-Man somehow, maybe with the help of a magical companion. (Definitely not Orko)
    Knight's recipe consists of Draego Man base figure and armor, Buzz Off tentacle things, gloved hands, Fisto belt, Roboto knees and shins, Draego feet, and the axe is a gas station toy find. His head is a modified Space Ace helmet with DCUC Despero head, recast as one piece. I used this same head for my custom Laser Lot alternate evil head which were available for a short time at Power Con. Unfortunately I didn't get to keep one for myself and haven't made a second batch so I don't have any pics. His shield is a cast of my full sculpt I originally used for my MOTUC Sun-Man.
    Mare's recipe is Swiftwind, Gygor armor for face mask, Battle Cat saddle and Draego Man wings.

photo DSCF1197_zps7c8f0349.jpg

photo DSCF1213_zps7fcbbc05.jpg

photo DSCF1210_zpsaf9c8e36.jpg

photo DSCF1199-1_zps49cccddf.jpg

photo IMAG1429_zpsda2da4d2.jpg

photo IMAG1427_zps5460d3a9.jpg

photo IMAG1425_zpse9911e20.jpg

photo IMAG1424_zps35963362.jpg

Great character! When I saw your creation in powercon photoes, I jumped on my chair!
    Sorry but I could not resist and I made my own copy, not fantastic as yours, but a bit 'like.

So, great character, great idea and great realization!

...and I love the knight's winged horse!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    DRAGSTOR in MotUC
    ----------------------------------------------------

Seeing this in-person was a highlight of the show for me. Seeing YOU in person....not so much. LOL

AWESOME JOB, MAN. I can't believe I never placed the horse's mask was a piece of Gygor's armor!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

This custom is so incredible.
    I like it so much.
    Maybe one day I'll order you one

Good job.
    http://simongrell.co.uk/

Great transactions with : Royalt1us, dark knight, masterenglish, TIN, Dagodfather, He-Ryno, Son of Keldor, Sdilks, nemesis154, pain, bobtheodd, joseephus, Patreek, 2-bad, MldMnrdReporter, Facelessone101, Xantor, Mern-Ra, Shenlon, Troy-Klpos.

Wow...that is awesome!

Very nice! They both look great!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

VERY COOL!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Snappy Threader
    Oh that is very cool indeed!

Yeah! I want that guy on MY side!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    That's a sweet custom duo! I think he would look even more demonic if he was featureless under his helmet with only his red eyes showing. But that doesn't mean he isn't awesome looking as is. Great job!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Great work as always.

Knight-Mare is PERFECT in every single way!!!
    "I'M THE SHADOW THAT MOVES ON THE WALLS"

That is bad a$$.
    For Honor! For Glory! For Asgard!

I never realized I wanted a cyclops horse until today.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    great idea and excellent execution.

Wow!! Amazing custom! And what a great idea to use the Draego wings on Swift Wind!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

That axe is awesome as well?? What toy did it come with? (you should totally cast it...)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Your work always makes me smile. Your ideas are fanatic, and the execution of your customs is clean and professional. My only critique is that he seems a little too muted. If he had appeared in the classic toon, he probably would have had some purples, as black is quite harsh. If he was mine, he'd have some purple.

Your steed is amazing. The Battle Cat saddle, dragon wings, and that eerie eye! So amazing! Everything came together beautifully. A +++ work!
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; February 15, 2013 at 02:47am.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Great job! very cool in both concept and execution!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Very cool, a million times better than most of the contest figures.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Heroic Warrior
    WOW! Great custom!

Heroic Warrior
    Great figure!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Thanks a lot guys, I'm really glad you like him as much as I do! Sky Breaker was nice enough to take the time and write this guy a bio, check it out! Personally, I think it works great for the character and really appreciate Sky Breaker doing this. Here it is:

Knight-Mare and winged steed Shadowgazer, are the remnants a great army of demonic horsemen, from the dawn of Eternia’s creation, given life by dark magic, and enslaved to the will of an ancient entity, the first true enemy of the light, and of the Elders. Knight-Mare was the general of this great legion, imbued with awesome powers. Their approach would shroud the land in a blackness, so thick, only the sight of the eerie glowing eye on his mystical steed could penetrate the living miasma of evil, and it enveloped those foolish enough to stand against them.

When the Elders of Eternia defeated this ancient evil, all its minions and other dark creations were destroyed, and any that could have possibly survived, were forever trapped in an endless, timeless void of pure blackness, to wander forever. A penance for their alignment with evil.
    Knight-Mare possesses a variety of dark skills to enslave, or destroy his enemies. He carries with him an axe, so sharp, its blade can cut virtually any substance. The dark weapon can even mark his enemy with a terrible curse, cleaving their soul in two, creating a dark duplicate of evil the purest of souls, enslaved to the will of Knight-Mare. Faced with their own evil, even the most hearty of heroes quickly fall in horror, before they are culled by Knight-Mare’s blade.

Should he once again be summoned to this dimension, Knight-Mare would be a force to be reckoned, and the beat of his demonic steed’s would fill the sky. Darkness would cover the land, extinguishing all light, and all hope for those who dwell in Eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    Great character! When I saw your creation in powercon photoes, I jumped on my chair!
    Sorry but I could not resist and I made my own copy, not fantastic as yours, but a bit 'like.

So, great character, great idea and great realization!

...and I love the knight's winged horse!
    Cool man! Thanks, I would really enjoy seeing your version if you feel like posting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
    Seeing this in-person was a highlight of the show for me. Seeing YOU in person....not so much. LOL

AWESOME JOB, MAN. I can't believe I never placed the horse's mask was a piece of Gygor's armor!
    Hahaha good one dude. And believe it, the feelings mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    That axe is awesome as well?? What toy did it come with? (you should totally cast it...)
    The axe is from Knights Battle Puzzle toys which I happened to find at a gas station, but they have a few on Ebay. They've got a few different characters this axe seemed to fit in the best but they have a couple guys with swords that look pretty kick ass. I did plan on casting it, but got a little rushed for Power Con and had to paint it in order to finish in time. Would definitely like to have a copy of this weapon for sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Your work always makes me smile. Your ideas are fanatic, and the execution of your customs is clean and professional. My only critique is that he seems a little too muted. If he had appeared in the classic toon, he probably would have had some purples, as black is quite harsh. If he was mine, he'd have some purple.

Your steed is amazing. The Battle Cat saddle, dragon wings, and that eerie eye! So amazing! Everything came together beautifully. A +++ work!
    Thanks very much Sky Breaker. I understand what you mean about maybe not enough color, but for me I like the way he turned out. I wouldn't be opposed to throwing in some purple on him, maybe sometime down the road if I get the wild hair.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Very cool, a million times better than most of the contest figures.
    Thank you. I kinda wish I had entered after seeing the finalists, I think I might have actually had a chance with some of my characters. Oh well, maybe if they have another contest in 30 more years hahaha.

Heroic Warrior
    MasterEnglish, that's an amazing custom! I've been waiting to see someone use the Hsss arms and legs as armor. Simply perfection on your part! I'd buy this in a heartbeat.