View Poll Results: Which Accessories Would You Prefer to Cut from the Final Castle Grayskull?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Banners

2 2.04%
  • Flag

4 4.08%
  • Candle Holder

8 8.16%
  • Gun Turrent

3 3.06%
  • Training Device

7 7.14%
  • Wind Raider Base

83 84.69%
  • Ladder

13 13.27%
  • Grayskull Robot

10 10.20%
  • Throne

0 0%
  • Dungeon Shield

2 2.04%
  • Throne Room Shield that holds the Twin Swords of Power

3 3.06%
  • Orb Holder

10 10.20%
  • Door that conceals the Orb Holder

8 8.16%
  • Weapons Rack Mace

7 7.14%
  • Weapons Rack Gun

7 7.14%
  • Dungeon Cell

8 8.16%
  • Dungeon Holding Chains

2 2.04%
  • "Roboto Room" TV Screen

3 3.06%
  • "Roboto Room" Computer Terminal

3 3.06%
  • Throne Room Computer Terminal

5 5.10%
  • Removable Handle

18 18.37%
  • Removable "Pawn" Minaret

5 5.10%
  • Bat Jetpack

36 36.73%
  • Elevator

4 4.08%
  • Trap Door

3 3.06%
  • Other (Please explain)

5 5.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Cut From Castle Grayskull?

What Would You Cut From Castle Grayskull?

One thing that got my attention from Pixel Dan's CG video is that Toyguru didn't guarantee that all the accessories presented at NYTF will make the final cut by SDCC. It's a bit disappointing to hear but after compiling the list of extra accessories, I can see that it's a lot of stuff to include and I wouldn't be surprised to see some items pulled from the final castle. So I wonder: Which items would you prefer to see cut, if you had to let some go?

Vote for as many items as you want...Or don't want...Sigh, you know what I mean, heheh!
    Last edited by Micro-Man; February 13, 2013 at 07:35pm.

I don't care for:

- Windraider base
    - Ladder
    - Grayskull robot
    - all the stupid terminals
    - removable handle
    - bat jetpack

I'd happily trade those for the dungeon grate
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Get rid of the pointless and nonsensical Wind Raider base, for sure.

Here are my votes:

Wind Raider Base: There's only one vehicle that belongs in Castle Grayskull and it's the Talon Fighter!
    Grayskull Robot: He's cool, I know...But I'd rather see the empty shell scrapped and have them release POG Gladiator as a full figure later on (Traveling Con Exclusive?) and tie him into the story as the Grayskull Robot so we have a fully articulated version!
    Throne Room Computer Terminal: It just looks like the Grayskull Robot's boombox to me, heheh!
    Dungeon Shield: I can put Castle Grayskullman's shield there instead.
    Weapons Rack Mace and Gun: They can be included in the upcoming Weapons Pack, along with some more silver weapons!

Crusader, I like how you think...If all that could afford us the Dungeon Grate, then that would be a good trade!

I voted:

Wind Raider Base
    Orb Holder
    Door that conceals Orb Holder
    Removable Handle
    Bat Jetpack

I put my vote down for Other, as in i don't want to see anything further cut if it came down to it. It's bad enough those tools at MTV Geeks had shown the picture with the dungeon(?) door that will apparently only be a sticker. I wouldn't mind Mattel swapping that WR base for the dungeon(?) door rather than use a sticker!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    none!!! We got screwed on the size and now they want to take more away. People stop taking the abuse. Tell Mattel to go south of heaven.

By the way I canceled my Grayskull order. Scott said if you don't like it then cancel. That's what I did. Just returning the wonderful attitude he feeds us.
    Last edited by mick4metal; February 14, 2013 at 02:04am.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

EASY!!! Ditch that STUPID wind raider stand!!! 3D Dungeon sculpt instead please!!!

I don't care much about the Wind Raider plattform and could do without the orb holder. Aside of that, I gladly take everything else.
    But Mattel can cancel all accessoires and sell them as a weapons pak later, if that gives me Point Dread!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I'd cut the Wind Raider base regardless of wether or not we get something in return. It is a purposeless piece in both function and positioning in the castle and as much as Scott's intention with including it was to sell more Wind Raiders (and in turn we get more vehicles) its not going to do that.

But cutting just that piece is not going to allow them to include the dungeon grate. The major cost of the grate is in the deco as he explained. Perhaps we should be lobbying for a reduced or no-decoed version of the grate as it has a higher probability of being included that way. Personally, I'd prefer an un-painted one over a sticker.

The jet pack and orb holder also don't do much for me so if that gets us closer to getting the less-decoed grate, I'd sacrifice them as well.

Funally, as much as I wish the robot was a figure or at least had removable armor that a figure could wear, I can't see losing him as he is an integral part of the throne room for me because of his presence in the vintage castle.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    The Wind Raider base is getting panned and it doesn't even look functional. Clearly, it's the one thing that needs to get cut so that other pieces can be made.

The Orb holder is redundant and really needs to go. Keep the secret hold concept, but leave what's inside up to our imaginations.

The handle - I get why it was designed in, but if it's going to keep other more important parts from being included, this piece of whimsy needs to be held off for an add-on pack.

The dungeon walls are also not necessary, especially if they come at the expense of the creature grate, which most fans seem to love. Scott and the Horsemen added a bunch of stuff to the castle, and I think the logic should be "If it came with the vintage castle, it *needs* to be included.

The Mark Taylor prototype bits should be added if there's budget/space. If not, those are the selling points for an add-on pack.

New pieces, like the second Orb holder, the dungeon walls and the sword mount should be optional add-ons as well.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'd cut the Wind Raider base...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Ruben.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Absolutely nothing. Including the wind raider base, which can act as a floor. People need to stop giving Mattel ideas, seriously.

Honestly, nothing. Even the WR stand can stay.

I really hope to see more added via expansion Paks in the years ahead: dungeon grate, triangular weapons rack, Filmation portal mirror, Point Dread, etc.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

To be honest if I could change one thing it would be that ledge. I've never liked that ledge even as a kid, I've always just though it would make the castle easier to scale in an assault. But its not going to stop me buying both the Matty and Icon Heros Grayskull.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Nothing at all.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I voted for the windraider base... I'm never going to display my windraider there.

Wind Raider Base
    Bat Jet Pack
    Training Device

Wind Raider Base... though to be honest on display it'll be handy to hold more figures.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Wind Raider Base without a doubt. Would much rather have the dungeon "dwell of souls" than the WR landing pad.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I agree with most of the people, get rid of the Wind Raider base, it's completely pointless.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Well since I had to pick something I did pick but honestly I would rather nothing be removed cause I want it all and then more if I can get it for the 250 price tag.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Heroic Warrior
    The Wind Raider spot is useless and makes no sense...

I DON'T want to cut the Wind Raider part because that area will be a good place to stand figures on. I don't have a Wind Raider and I'm not interested in getting one to display there (the whole idea is goofy to me too), but it's a good stage for figures.

Bat Jetpack: It's not a jetpack! There's no way for it to attach to a figure. It has a handle, so I guess a figure is meant to hold it and it carries them up in the air or something? I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me.

Dungeon Cell: It's too small to be practical, and why would I want to hide a figure in there? I'm considering leaving these pieces in the box anyway.

Grayskull Robot: This is a very expensive piece with all the paint apps. I'd rather they held him back to do him right later down the line. A hollow, static robot seems like no fun to me. It will take up the space of a figure, but without any of the fun of a figure. He can't be posed in battle scenes, he just stands there, taking up space. I'll probably end up keeping that in the box too, so I have more room for figures in the castle.