Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLD OUT] Can anyone add Kobra Khan to their shopping cart? (Early access)

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I considered a KK, but I wasn't going to pay shipping twice for two packages that would ship within a day of each other. If DR could upgrade the quality of chimpanzees running it, Mattel could have made another $27 off me.

Granted, he sold out anyways, but this will likely be my standard for the year. I just don't see early access as that much of a benefit when it would double my shipping costs.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I considered a KK, but I wasn't going to pay shipping twice for two packages that would ship within a day of each other. If DR could upgrade the quality of chimpanzees running it, Mattel could have made another $27 off me.

Granted, he sold out anyways, but this will likely be my standard for the year. I just don't see early access as that much of a benefit when it would double my shipping costs.
    Not for reissues like this, unless someone truly demanded like Teela or Sorceress showed up, which isn't going to happen.

That said, Strobo will be worth it - and SDCC items in August certainly will be, too. I have a feeling the hottest items (whatever this year's "Sarah Screams" is) will undoubtedly sell out before public sale.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Not for reissues like this, unless someone truly demanded like Teela or Sorceress showed up, which isn't going to happen.

That said, Strobo will be worth it - and SDCC items in August certainly will be, too. I have a feeling the hottest items (whatever this year's "Sarah Screams" is) will undoubtedly sell out before public sale.
    Yup. Even still, I'm passing on Strobo and would need to see who the SDCC figure is.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I can't even log in to early access. Error message every time. Been on the phone w/DR for two days now...still no resolution and now KK is sold out. Fantastic. Fantastic.

For any one that did have an order go through did you get an e-mail confirmation or is the order in your history? Haven't seen any one verify that yet.

Funny thing is that KK is still as "Coming Soon" at Matty's Feb 15th Sale Items page...
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Haha. I got the $270.00 KK while I was trying to check out too. he's cool, but not that cool.
    Go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    For any one that did have an order go through did you get an e-mail confirmation or is the order in your history? Haven't seen any one verify that yet.
    I received an email conirmation for my order

Quote Originally Posted by brock_snyder View Post
    I received an email conirmation for my order
    I wonder why some are getting that and why some aren't. Can't say I'm surprised, but haven't seen that one yet.

I ordered 4 KKs when he was first released (2 for me, 2 for my son) so I didn't need one today. I hate it for the people who did try to get one today but was unable to but what I don't understand is the problem people have with them selling out so fast. I am by no means a defender of Scott, Matty, or DR but these early access figures are all left over stock and it has been mentioned on more than one occasion that some figures have extremely limited stock. Matty's ultimate goal as a business is to sell out of these figures so I say mission accomplished.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Just wondering--but how do you guys even use the early access--I dont see a link,etc for sub holders to use

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Just wondering--but how do you guys even use the early access--I dont see a link,etc for sub holders to use
    It is another website
    https://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakram1701 View Post
    For years not ONCE have I ever had anything bad to say about DR (because I've never had a problem until now), but now I'm VERY upset. When I didn't get a conformation I got worried, but then I noticed the "order number" for my Kobra Khan was the same as the "order number" for my Ram Man and Jitsu order this month. Called DR.....I got "we don't have your order." Told them I have a screen shot of the "Thank You for your order" page and I asked why my credit card has already been charged for the amount. After a 10 min hold I got, at first, that this is a very rare issue with their computer system and to just reorder the figure. I explained that it was an early access figure and that it sold out in like 5 mins (probably faster). She asked what early access was! What?! They don't even know what it is?! I actually had to explain it to her! Then she had the gall to try and then act like she knew what it was and say, "This is something new to us and there will be issues like this." AGAIN WHAT?! I was more insulted she tried to now act like she knew exactly what I was talking about after I EXPLAINED IT TO HER! In the end apparently my case is being sent to the "escalation dept" and they will do what they can to get me a figure. Yeah...get me a figure that is sold out...good luck. Honestly, until now, I thought the stories about DR were exaggerated, but now I can see that they are not! Matty/Scott needs to do something about this!!
    No exaggeration for someone that has gone through a DR " experience". They can be pretty enept ,as a DR survivor myself I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Heroic Podcaster
    Thrilled to get a Faker as I will be hiring a very talented artist to single card my BA Faker using this package.
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram1701 View Post
    For years not ONCE have I ever had anything bad to say about DR (because I've never had a problem until now), but now I'm VERY upset. When I didn't get a conformation I got worried, but then I noticed the "order number" for my Kobra Khan was the same as the "order number" for my Ram Man and Jitsu order this month. Called DR.....I got "we don't have your order." Told them I have a screen shot of the "Thank You for your order" page and I asked why my credit card has already been charged for the amount. After a 10 min hold I got, at first, that this is a very rare issue with their computer system and to just reorder the figure. I explained that it was an early access figure and that it sold out in like 5 mins (probably faster). She asked what early access was! What?! They don't even know what it is?! I actually had to explain it to her! Then she had the gall to try and then act like she knew what it was and say, "This is something new to us and there will be issues like this." AGAIN WHAT?! I was more insulted she tried to now act like she knew exactly what I was talking about after I EXPLAINED IT TO HER! In the end apparently my case is being sent to the "escalation dept" and they will do what they can to get me a figure. Yeah...get me a figure that is sold out...good luck. Honestly, until now, I thought the stories about DR were exaggerated, but now I can see that they are not! Matty/Scott needs to do something about this!!
    DR / Matty use 3rd party call centers that have contracts to answer thier lines...they may speak to you about Matty product and the next call in may come in for Walmart Credit card / Grocery store private credit card. All companies use them, including major banks like Chase. A lot of them are in the Phillipines, in a place called Cebu, it is a very big 3rd party call center place and they don't know much beyond what they see on the screens they are given. You think your information is not safe online...how safe you think it is in a 3rd party call center on the other side of the world.

Ever wonder about their accents and why there are several women named Marigold?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by cderby79 View Post
    Subscribed to club filmation earlier this week, digital river told me my early access doesn't start until July. Anyone else aware of this?
    Yes. that is correct. Since the Filmation line doesn't start officially until July, that's when Filmation sub holders get early access. We don't get early access to anything before July.

Still says "coming soon" on my end I`m not a subscriber tho

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Still says "coming soon" on my end I`m not a subscriber tho
    Mattel already confirmed he is sold out on Facebook... The Mattel Digital Team just hasn't altered the 15 Feb sales page yet.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post

^This. I had KK in my cart but couldn't bring myself to pay $39. I just need his boots.

Next month I'm knocking out 4 figs with early access though.

I logged on at 7.55am (US time) and when they appeared quickly added Khan to my cart. However had to faff about adding my US address in (will get him with my first sub shipment in April ) I thought it would have saved the sub default shipping address... oh well still managed to order him and also got the confirmation email about 10 minutes after placing the order. I begrudge paying $27 plus $9.90 shipping for him, but then it's still cheaper than a reseller
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I logged on as soon as he was available, bought him, got the confirmation email about 10 mins after placing the order. :-)
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I logged on as soon as he was available, bought him, got the confirmation email about 10 mins after placing the order. :-)
    Well, lah-dee-FREAKING-dah!

[/jealous rant]

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    For whomever it was in the Kobra Khan thread:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.