Thread: Price question on King He-man

Widget

Price question on King He-man

Hi guys had a question and wasn't sure if it should go here or the classifieds board. Im looking to acquire a King He-man , how much should I pay? I see a few listings om ebay for over $130. Is that reasonable or could I get one cheaper? Again sorry if its the wrong board.Thanks

Hi, yes this should go in the Marketplace.
    As far as pricing goes, it's always tricky. It's really hard to say at this point until he comes out, but personally I'd wait until after he comes out because there are lots of people who bought multiple subs, and it's very likely right after he is shipped that the price will come down when people actually have him in hand.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    FWIW, I'll be asking $100 plus shipping for my extra.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Lord of the Reptilians tampico32's Avatar
    PM Sent you crigg
    Thank you so much to my partners of He-Man.org for helping me to get MOTUC figures:

My Sell/Buy/Trade Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

i had one lined up at cost, but because of issues with digital river(imagine that), they cancelled their card.

i suggest waiting also. there are some people that will let them go for less than $xxx amount. however, if you really want him and think it's worth it, then who are we to say don't buy it. end of the day it is your money.

personally, i'll be waiting until i find the right price or a member helps out that isn't looking to make a buck*.

*not an insult. i realize some people run a business and has to eat.
    Last edited by stprime; February 14, 2013 at 01:50pm.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

It's hard to say what price is fair for this figure. He's no Shadow Weaver in terms of fan demand, but he will be one of the lowest produced figures to date since the subs dropped drastically from 2012 to 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    i had one lined up at cost, but because of issues with digital river(imagine that), they cancelled their card.

i suggest waiting also. there are some people that will let them go for less than $xxx amount. however, if you really want him and think it's worth it, then who are we to say don't buy it. end of the day it is your money.

personally, i'll be waiting until i find the right price or a member helps out that isn't looking to make a buck.

I'm hoping that I can get him at a decent price too, question: do you guys think king he-man will
    be available at SDCC for purchase through other retailers selling stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    question: do you guys think king he-man will
    be available at SDCC for purchase through other retailers selling stuff there.
    There may be some dealers that have him for sale, but the price will probably be higher than what you would pay on ebay. I have been to SDCC the last 3 years and there are rarely good prices from the dealers on hot items such as MOTUC exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    There may be some dealers that have him for sale, but the price will probably be higher than what you would pay on ebay. I have been to SDCC the last 3 years and there are rarely good prices from the dealers on hot items such as MOTUC exclusives.

Thanks for the info

Heroic Warrior
    Wait it out he's no SW but won't be a PD He-Man either, I saw Wundar territory once the hype dies down.

The fact Big Bad Toy Store who ordered well over 100 subs has not put him up for Preorder should tell you the market price is going to be high for quite some time. They know it so they are holding back instead of giving it away like they did Shadow Weaver for $60 only to have her base price go to $90 upon release

I would just wait it out, nobody knows the demand so we are all holding ours I think. My stores stock is on hold until I can evaluate the market and make sure I actually get them. I don't trust DR so until they are in my hands they do not get presold
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Once he is released the buy it now range on ebay should be $80-100. If you get lucky on an auction you might score him as low as $50 or less, but that will require patience and a lot of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The fact Big Bad Toy Store who ordered well over 100 subs has not put him up for Preorder should tell you the market price is going to be high for quite some time. They know it so they are holding back instead of giving it away like they did Shadow Weaver for $60 only to have her base price go to $90 upon release

I would just wait it out, nobody knows the demand so we are all holding ours I think. My stores stock is on hold until I can evaluate the market and make sure I actually get them. I don't trust DR so until they are in my hands they do not get presold

I'll keep my eye out.

i'd give in to $50 shipped now. or a little cash/trade in favor. but more then likely i'll be wating for months after his release. so until then, for the people who are going to part one out, i have his head and armor/cape listed in my part wants in my sig.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Once he is released, keep an eye out, especially in the Marketplace. There are a lot of great Orgers here that will help you out and give a decent price. Good luck.

Heroic Warrior
    SDCC will definitely be higher than a lot of the mid-line prices on eBay. I've even seen "throwaway" common figures that you can get at cost marked up to $40 in many cases.

I have to say, I now understand why the ones I posted in the marketplace went so fast... I wasn't sure if I was going too high, and it looks like I got in at a lower-than-average price.

Lord of the Reptilians tampico32's Avatar
    That's reason Michael!, your prices are very reasonable!

Happy hunting to everyone!
    Thank you so much to my partners of He-Man.org for helping me to get MOTUC figures:

My Sell/Buy/Trade Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I would suggest being extremely careful with paying 'too much' upfront right now for the issue of causing an issue with the later market. Sellers especially on ebay are notorious for trying to price fix items based on people who thought they were just biting the bullet which ends up causing an inflated price for a figure, which the sellers will continue to force on people till they start paying for it at that price. Of course there are people who money isn't an issue and will force the market into this situation. Right now let the market decide, not your trigger finger and bag of endless gold coins.

The problem with King He-man will be how many subscribers will want to keep onto the ones they have purchased. He is in a very nebulous area in regards to demand, in that we don't know.

And yes, there are some very generous people here on the boards to the point I will add the most expensive figures I have purchased were from BBT and I got a few just to cut on shipping. I also have my price point for this figure and even Teela who I hunt for (and my offers have been below that to initiate barter, but seems most don't want to).

I also think many other sellers are waiting to see.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it