Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When Did Madame Razz and Kowl discover Adora was She-Ra ?

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    There's a She-Ra's Friends article in She-Ra's Princess of Power World International Annual 1987 which states how Madame Razz and Broom know Adora's secret identity.

Intriguingly, it says Kowl also knows her secret but does not say how suggesting Kowl found out on a different occasion.

My personal view is the wise owl used his wisdom to deduce the secret given all the similarities between She-Ra and Adora (e.g. She-Ra first appeared when Adora joins the Rebellion; She-Ra is never around at the same time as Adora; both have strong similarities in appearance, intelligence, skills, etc.).

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Wow Robin, that's so awesome to see! Thanks for scanning and posting that!

And we knew Madame Razz was old, but 1000 years old?? WHOA lol...she looks good!
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    That's a really cool idea. I like that. It makes sense that wizened old Madame Razz would have some prophetic powers which enabled her to foresee the coming of a Horde member who would turn out to be the destined savior of Etheria..

~Penny~
    Because in her true form Razz is none less than the old Wizzardess / Seer of Etheria. She knew who Adora was and who she was going to become long before He-Man stepped foot on Etheria.

Taking the transformed form of Razz many years before trouble came to Etheria the old Wizzerdess aided the council of Kings in their defence of Etheria from the horde in the guise of razz for many years untill the planet fell due to a shadow from mysticore it's self. later during the horde occupation when Razz sensed the presence of the child who would one day free the planet and ultimately bring about the downfall of the horde emipre she set about working with Angella to start up the Great Rebellion.

She was aiming to ensure everything would be in place when the power from across the stars would reach out to the child (now a young woman) and set about the beginning of the prophacy for her to follow her destany as the saviour of Etheria, and the one who would bring balance back to the universe. This is how I lile to look at Razz anyway. One day she will reveal her true identity.
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 25, 2011 at 11:01pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Why is it that Madame Razz and Kowl know of She-ra Dual Identity

Has this question ever been explored. I understand why light Hope knows, Hes like the Socreress of Etheria but why do the other 2 know?

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Because they ripped off He-man about a few people knowing and decided to pick obscure characters like Orko.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

but in MYP it was explained why orko knows.

Guys, the question has already been asked in this thread:

When Did Madame-Razz and Kowl discover Adora was She-Ra

There is even a partial answer from She-Ra's 1987 annual that states that Madame-Razz (and Broom) knew because she once witnesed Adora's transformation to She-Ra.

In the case of Kowl the annual states he knows her dual identity but provides no explanation.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Ah Thank you Robin hood I never knew that. I hope Kowls explanation is explained in his bio.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Since Kowl flies, maybe like Razz and Broom he too once witnessed their transformation? Or maybe Adora/She-Ra felt she had to tell him for some reason. Or...well, it's up to our own imaginations I guess.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    Guys, the question has already been asked in this thread:

When Did Madame-Razz and Kowl discover Adora was She-Ra

There is even a partial answer from She-Ra's 1987 annual that states that Madame-Razz (and Broom) knew because she once witnesed Adora's transformation to She-Ra.

In the case of Kowl the annual states he knows her dual identity but provides no explanation.
    Kowl just knows coz he's a wise owl, I wouldn't even be surprised if he also always knew the whereabouts of the Crystal Castle on top of Skydancer Mountain
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Court Magician
    I just started a threat pertaining to this subject, feel free to merge

To the poster who suggested Bow knows, I doubt that self-obsessed moron knows anything other than the location of his moustache comb.
    Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor....come in you royal BOOB!

Snappy Threader
    I think Bow was too befuddled by his affection toward Adora and She-Ra to notice the difference. Kind of like a player that goes for whichever girl (or boy) is around and kind of forgetting about the other one he (or she) is interested in.

That being said, I still feel like there would be some people who speculate given they (Adora and She-Ra) are never in the same place yet they both "lead" the rebellion.....but idk, they probablynever thought that far with the old toon for kids...keep reading the bios I guess.

Court Magician
    Surprised the secret was kept from Queen Angella
    Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor....come in you royal BOOB!

Heroic Warrior

why/how did Kowl and Madam Razz know She-Ra's identity?

Was there an episode that explained why Razz and Kowl knew She-Ra's identity? I mean, unlike the Filmation He-Man series, She-Ra had an origin story with the 5,parter/Secret of the Sword movie,and in that movie, Razz and Kowl didn't learn of She-Ra's identity, so how did they all of a sudden know that Adora and She-Ra are the same person?

This is a good point and a great question.

I always wondered why Orko was entrusted with He-Man's secret identity, but Teela wasn't. MYP's explanation was unsatisfying.

But She-Ra should have an answer for this. They actually start at the beginning of her heroic life.
    WTB:
    Loose: Sorceress, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

Kowl - The wise owl
    Razz - The wise old witch

How i see it is... they just know and Adora knows they were always going to find out.

Anyway... it's the others you need to be questioning. How did they NOT know?

Heroic Warrior
    Madame Razz - Far smarter and perceptive than some of her words and actions would indicate. As she was such a powerful being, I'm guessing that she saw right through Adora's "disguise" as She-Ra. And presumably Broom was also informed of Adora's secret since Madame Razz is rarely ever separated from Broom.

Kowl - The "know it all" owl pretty much says it all. I suspect he probably just spied on Adora when she transformed into She-Ra and was then sworn to secrecy. Similar to Loo-Kee, except Loo-Kee's spying seemed more playful whereas Kowl was closer to a disturbing old man with some of his personality traits.

There's an episode where kowl flies the sword to a captive adora so she can change to She-ra. Don't remember if it goes into how kowl knows.

I just recently watched the early episodes and Razz just knows. I wouldn't mind that if there wasn't just the assumption that she knows. If she said "Oh, I totes know your She-Ra because I'm a witch." That would be enough.

When Lou died I watched "The Rainbow Warrior" and remembered that lovely scene at the end when Adam asks Marlena why she rescued only him and she gave him a "Are we really going to play this game?" look and said, "Let's just say I trusted that you'd to the right thing. (pause) A mother knows her son and I'm proud of you."

Bam, that's all it takes. I don't mind not seeing the discovery, but it would be nice to see the moment of acknowledgement of a shared secret.

Probably happened offscreen inbetween Battle for Brightmoon and Duel at Devlon. Razz and Kowl seem to be smarter than they let on. Of course the IQ of the cast and extras does vary on the writer.

Just to let everyone know there is another thread which asked a very similar question:

When Did Madame Razz and Kowl discover Adora was She-Ra ?
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    Just to let everyone know there is another thread which asked a very similar question:

When Did Madame Razz and Kowl discover Adora was She-Ra ?
    Thanks!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Most likely it occurred off-screen. Although with Kowl being a "know it owl" it's possible he has an ability that allows him to come to this conclusion on his own. But I'd say there are many things that happened off-screen - like Adora visiting Eternia regularly, or Eternians visiting Etheria. How could Adora's grandfather visit, but not her own parents?
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    What about Cringer/Battle Cat? Do they know?
    He witnessed the transformation in "Battle for Bright Moon", so I'd have to say yes.

There is a rendition of the origin that features Razz and Kowl finding out--the Golden Hardcover She-Ra, the Princess of Power. As with so much MotU/PoP lore, it's a retelling with different details. See pp. 29-30.

The show She-Ra Princess of Power does not show the exact time they found out but it does show episodes where Adora changes into She-Ra in front of Madame Razz and Kowl.
    The Stone In the Sword Light Hope may have seen the transformation with the First Ones
    Play It Again Bow and Gateway To Trouble Kowl sees the transformation
    The Price of Power Madame Razz sees the transformation
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/