Thread: Roboto vs starburst Roboto

Roboto vs starburst Roboto

Someone tol me the second issue Roboto was more sought after than the original ... Is this true and why would it be? Aren't the first issues more sight after? Are there any second runs that are more wanted than first runs?
    New Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage and Classics

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

Sounds like bs to me. Generally, first runs are more sought after.

There is no second run... The Roboto's with burst were an error. Rumor has it that the factory printed both namecards First and second run at the same time and some slipped through. In Theory the ones with the burst should be more sought after due to this story.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    There is no second run... The Roboto's with burst were an error. Rumor has it that the factory printed both namecards First and second run at the same time and some slipped through. In Theory the ones with the burst should be more sought after due to this story.
    I have the Roboto with 'THE ORIGINAL' starburst... I went through 3 broken/cracked Robotos via DR/Customer Service and the fourth one I received (the first and only uncracked one) was with 'THE ORIGINAL'... I was going to send it back for a first release but I was sick of going back and forth with Matty/DR and didn't want to risk not getting any figure at all.

It is the ONLY figure in the line that I have that has the starburst and I wish I had the first run without the burst... But at least my figure isn't cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    Someone tol me the second issue Roboto was more sought after than the original ... Is this true and why would it be? Aren't the first issues more sight after? Are there any second runs that are more wanted than first runs?
    Yes... Roboto did not have an actual second production run... With the exception of the 2008/2009 figures, all of the figures and inserts were created at the same time and the "reissue" ones with the burst were stored in the Mattel warehouse for later "reissue" distribution... In the case of Roboto, they mixed them up and alot of folks got the one with the burst instead of without during the initial sale.... Neither one is "worth" more than the other.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I thought this was a thread for a PoP Roboto variant.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Great, thanks for the good info guys ... I knew this community always had the correct answers, thanks again.
    New Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage and Classics

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161