Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Early Access Discussion Thread

I hate to fuel the conspiracy theories, but I want to know why I couldn't get access until 11:04 (satellite time on my phone, Eastern Time zone) and by 11:05 he was GONE. I just wonder if some folks could get in at 11:00 and I some how got hosed by 4 minutes.

I know....it's dumb. I'm just bitter.
    Kittens are delicious!

I bet it's this guy...

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

But,what if you did get a Strobo?

There was no WSOD,no massive glitch. The sale worked fine,they just did not have enough of Strobo to meet demand. Simple.

DR/Matty worked just fine......now only putting a few Strobo figures up,that is the issue.

Personally,this figure should have hit the cons first,then EA in the fall.

And having something in your cart does not hold it for you,most ebay buy it now,say item not secure until payed for.

This was just the luck of the draw,this time I drew a winner,next time I may not.

That said,there is no plot by these companies to get some fans the figures and others not.

Again,put yourself on the other side,if you had the luck to score a Strobo,would you be upset about yesterday? Many will say yes,I do not believe that. Most only care that they got the figure,everyone else is to fend for them selves. There are always those shinning stars of generosity out there though.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm guessing the low stock was to make people fell like they really missed out and want to go to the conventions or purchase him later in the year. I just want the extra Zodak head. I think they should've, if they didn't, make enough for each sub holder. The early access is supposed to be a perk of buying the sub but there's no perk if the figures get sold (referring to non sub items like strobo, not remaining stock).

I disagree. Many people had Strobo in their cart, only to have him become "sold out" before they could complete the checkout process. Since this is 2013, and the majority of e-tailers have had the capability to tie stock to "in cart" status for over a decade now, I count this as a massive glitch. Or at very least, a massive failure. Once it's in your cart, you should have at least 10 minutes to complete the checkout process. Virtual or not, once you have a figure in your cart, you should be able to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post

There was no WSOD,no massive glitch. The sale worked fine,they just did not have enough of Strobo to meet demand. Simple.

DR/Matty worked just fine......now only putting a few Strobo figures up,that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettX209 View Post
    I disagree. Many people had Strobo in their cart, only to have him become "sold out" before they could complete the checkout process. Since this is 2013, and the majority of e-tailers have had the capability to tie stock to "in cart" status for over a decade now, I count this as a massive glitch. Or at very least, a massive failure. Once it's in your cart, you should have at least 10 minutes to complete the checkout process. Virtual or not, once you have a figure in your cart, you should be able to buy it.
    Let's say they did do that,then we would just see sold out. There were not enough figures on sale day period.

Then the cart opens up new issues,how long should they stay there,what if some decide not to buy,then the figure goes from sold out to in stock for people that came late,as those that were there on time would have left.

No matter how you cut it,most were not going to get this figure yesterday.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post

Personally,this figure should have hit the cons first,then EA in the fall.

And having something in your cart does not hold it for you,most ebay buy it now,say item not secure until payed for.

This was just the luck of the draw,this time I drew a winner,next time I may not.

That said,there is no plot by these companies to get some fans the figures and others not.

Again,put yourself on the other side,if you had the luck to score a Strobo,would you be upset about yesterday? Many will say yes,I do not believe that. Most only care that they got the figure,everyone else is to fend for them selves. There are always those shinning stars of generosity out there though.
    When I tried clicking on the link in the EA email, I got an error 503, service unavailable. By the time I manually typed in and logged everything in, it was over. So, while the glitch wasn't massive, there was a glitch. The problem with this whole model is that as a subscriber, Mattel knows I am most likely a completist. Thus, they know that I will want con figures if I can't attend a con. So, having early access is supposed to help with that. In this case it didn't and between the EA not being a benefit to a subscriber and the fact the Digital River somehow thinks you can subscribe for a subscription, but not want the first figure, that's two strikes against Matty in a very small window.

They should have just gave all subscribers a 1 time code. To use in purchasing ONLY 1 Strobo. That's it. You have 1 day to make the purchase & if you missed out it's over. For myself getting or not getting a Strobo wouldn't prevent me from going to any convention.

Not even Amazon reserves items in your cart until you check out. If it sells out before you get through the entire check out, then you're out of luck. Digital River has never had that capability either and probably wouldn't for the 2-3 times a year they have super fast sellouts like this.

If you were able to add Strobo to your basket then you SHOULD have been able to buy him. Having him sell out before you can add the security number of your credit card and the captcha is just unacceptable.

Question for a newbie on early access, is this correct?

Hi sorry I did not know where this goes in the forum. If it's posted in another thread can mods combine them? My question is I just recieved a email from matty about early access to spikor, man at arms, and Octavia. Is this right? I never bought a sub other then the filmation sub. Do I really get the early access benefits for ordering that filmation sub? Also I thought Octavia was a day of sale item and could not be sold out in early access? Is this correct or did I get this matty email by mistake? Thanks so much for any info. Again sorry for not knowing how this works. I never did anything like this before.

Yes you have early access but the early access items are the flying stands, Man at Arms and Spikor only and not Octavia.
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Your early access benefits won't apply this month. They will only start the month that the Filmation sub begins, which is July.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

That's what I thought as well since I only subbed up for the Filmation figures, but in this email is a direct link to products for [b]this month[\b]. Another DR goof, perhaps?
    Last edited by Shecky; June 7, 2013 at 05:01pm.

Thanks so much, so I wonder if they sent the email by mistake? Oh well I don't need anything there anyways. I just want Octavia. Btw starting in July with my early access. How long do I qualify for this benefit? I know the filmation sub is 6 figures so is the early access benefits for 6 months only? Or for the full year? Sorry for so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    Thanks so much, so I wonder if they sent the email by mistake? Oh well I don't need anything there anyways. I just want Octavia. Btw starting in July with my early access. How long do I qualify for this benefit? I know the filmation sub is 6 figures so is the early access benefits for 6 months only? Or for the full year? Sorry for so many questions.
    Early access is for the duration of the sub....the Filmation sub is for the rest of the year starting July through December....1 figure per month for 6 months. So you'll have EA until December this year, unless you sub for next year too.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Early access is for the duration of the sub....the Filmation sub is for the rest of the year starting July through December....1 figure per month for 6 months. So you'll have EA until December this year, unless you sub for next year too.
    Thanks so much got it now thanks again!

I just have the Filmation sub only and had Early Access to the SDCC pre-order stuff (which I didn't order since I'm not going), so Filmation subbers only might be getting it early even though it was said to start in July. My Early Access page definitely looks different than what it used to. There really isn't much available in June through Early Access, so I won't be using it on the June 13th if I get it, anyways.

Court Magician
    I'm also a new subber, for the Filmation sub only [due to the quality of the figures we've seen so far, in a smaller-commitment sub, not out of any particular love for Filmation], and I also received an Early Access notification e-mail and link yesterday. Maybe it is a surprise bonus from Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by LKW View Post
    I'm also a new subber, for the Filmation sub only [due to the quality of the figures we've seen so far, in a smaller-commitment sub, not out of any particular love for Filmation], and I also received an Early Access notification e-mail and link yesterday. Maybe it is a surprise bonus from Matty.
    I'm curious did you or anyone try the early access to see if it works? Since we are on this topic for future reference. I wanted to ask how does early access work? Do I just sign in as normal to my reg account? Or is there a special way to do early access orders? Sorry never did it before so I want to learn it now before I find something I. Really want to get. Maybe sdcc rock warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    I'm curious did you or anyone try the early access to see if it works?
    I'm also one of those, why are Filmation only subber and got the Early Access email couple of days ago. When I log into Early Access, this is what I see (before now, it has only shown error message, if I've tried to log in to it):

ea.jpg

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Does anybody know yet when the Early Access On Sale date will be POST SDCC 2013? It looks as if the regular sale will happen on August 5, 2013. I need to schedule the day off of work to have a shot.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maa5 View Post
    Does anybody know yet when the Early Access On Sale date will be POST SDCC 2013? It looks as if the regular sale will happen on August 5, 2013. I need to schedule the day off of work to have a shot.
    Thanks
    While they haven't told yet when it is, most likely it's on Aug 1st to Aug 2nd (from Thursday to Friday, before the actual sale on Monday, like with this month's sale).

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

One the one hand, Man-at-Arms is still for sale through EA, 9 minutes in. On the other, flight stands are NOT listed. I must have missed something. Weren't the flight stands supposed to be available under EA?
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

Yup, MAA is still available - quickly people, before he's gone!