Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Early Access Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkysharky View Post
    I’m wondering if anyone can help me out as I can’t seem to figure out if I’ve got the perks of the sub all wrong.

Obviously the main point of the sub is that you’re guaranteed to get all the figures for $25.00, does this only extend to the figs for the year you’re subbing (eg in my case I’ve signed up for 2014) or all the club figs ? For instance if I want Mantenna or Geldor on DOS, are these going to be $25.00 (because I’m a sub member, regardless of year) or $27.00 because I’m not a member for the specific year they’re part of (eg they’re 2013 figs,and I’ve subbed for 2014)

Also, does the same extend to sales, I’ve just tried to get a Rattlor and it’s $27.00, should it be $25.00 ?

Also, how is notification of DOS issued ? Bsically I want to make sure I’m prepared when Mantenna and the Horde Troopers go up as they’re my big wants.

Sorry for all the maybe stupid questions but I’m new to subbing !
    Your sub does not become 'live' until January of 2014, which includes them being shipped to your house each month, the early access benefits, and getting the sub price of $25 per figure. Sorry if this has been answered already, but I didn't see anyone address this portion of your question directly.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

New Figures in 2015 Early Access?

Recently, it was explained by Toy Guru on the Roast Gooble Q&A that Monthly Figures are not included in early access because collectors from other lines could bypass subscribing to other subs and just pick and choose in early access. In other words, a DC subscriber only could buy Castaspella, early, with limited competition, and before the official Day of Sale. Toy Guru said it was this type of cross sub early access that they wanted to prevent. However:

If there is not a DC Subscription next year, should MotUC Subscribers be able to pick up an extra monthly figure in Early Access? Should a subscriber be able to purchase an extra Modulok in early access? The "other subscription" competition factor seems to have been removed.

What do you think?

(Sorry, make that 2014)
    Last edited by Pollex Christi; August 22, 2013 at 05:03pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes.

Actually, why don't they allow early access for MOTU figures only to MOTU subbers and not those who sub to any other line. Same would be true if they try DC. Is it just because that would make DR explode?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    then you run the risk in the following year of people who normally buy multiple subs buying just one and getting the extra figures they want in early access picking and choosing hence selling less subs

Heroic Warrior
    They could make the subscription figures avaliable on EA only for the people who brought that particular sub. That way there would not be a problem.

Heroic Warrior
    Canada-Man raises a point that I bet is the main reason Matty will never offer DOS figures during EA.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Yeah, a re-seller could just buy one sub then buy tons of Two-Bads to turn a profit, leaving none left for cherry-picking fans.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah that might happen. It's fine as it is.

Maybe limit the figure to how many subs you buy. You buy 1 sub you can only buy 1 figure.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Actually, why don't they allow early access for MOTU figures only to MOTU subbers and not those who sub to any other line. Same would be true if they try DC. Is it just because that would make DR explode?
    That's certainly the most plausible and probable reason.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Already explained. I wouldn't have to buy multiple subs. Just purchase one and go buck wild during EA every month.

TG said no

J

Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    Recently, it was explained by Toy Guru on the Roast Gooble Q&A that Monthly Figures are not included in early access because collectors from other lines could bypass subscribing to other subs and just pick and choose in early access.
    Yep I was the one who asked that question, and to be honest the answer made zero sense Subscribers to other lines can pick and choose anyway at the normal sale day sale. Yes via EA there is less competition, but I doubt that many folks would buy a 2nd sub to cherry pick the figures! Nobody is gonna buy an additional sub just because they can't get a few extras via EA They will just chance the normal sale day. Just one less perk for subbers is all it is.

I wanted 2 Mantenna's this year, but there was no way I was gonna buy another sub because he isn't part of early access! There really is no reason why sub items can't be part of EA before they go DOS, if it truely is the subbers that keep MOTUC alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    then you run the risk in the following year of people who normally buy multiple subs buying just one and getting the extra figures they want in early access picking and choosing hence selling less subs
    Folks could do that anyway knowing they have a shot at the all access sale day with at least 9-10 of the monthly figures? To support your point, wouldn't you need to kill DOS altogether?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Yeah, a re-seller could just buy one sub then buy tons of Two-Bads to turn a profit, leaving none left for cherry-picking fans.
    A mute point since Two-Bad has NO day of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Already explained. I wouldn't have to buy multiple subs. Just purchase one and go buck wild during EA every month.
    You don't need to buy multiple subs anyway if the figures are available on sales day. You guys talk as if EA guarantees you a figure... tell that one to the Monster High fans!
    Last edited by blackiecats; August 22, 2013 at 06:40pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    A mute point since Two-Bad has NO day of.
    Oh yes, of course. I specifically chose Two-Bad as I knew would have a high re-sell value, forgetting that it's because he will have no DoS.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    You don't need to buy multiple subs anyway if the figures are available on sales day. You guys talk as if EA guarantees you a figure... tell that one to the Monster High fans!
    Exactly. If they have DoS, in theory, re-sellers still can go "buck wild." Switching the system to allow for new ones in early access then just changes it to encourage the purchase of a subscription.

(And thanks for getting that question to Toy Guru!)

Couple of quick questions about early access... are the figures charged at day-of prices or at sub prices? And if I buy something during early access it will ship seperately right, not with my sub?

I want an extra set of Troopers, but if they're going to be $4 extra, plus extra shipping on top of that... I'm not so sure!

Heroic Warrior
    Couple of quick questions about early access... are the figures charged at day-of prices or at sub prices? And if I buy something during early access it will ship seperately right, not with my sub?

I want an extra set of Troopers, but if they're going to be $4 extra, plus extra shipping on top of that... I'm not so sure!
    Day of prices.

Ship separately.

Edit: And as pointed out below, sub figures are not part of early access.
    Last edited by Super He-Man; August 29, 2013 at 09:42am.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Troopers are a sub item, so they are not part of Early Access.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Ohhhh, darn, I forgot about that.
    So I have to contend with normal DoS, higher prices and extra shipping. Suddenly those extra Troopers don't sound so appealing.

Recently, it was explained by Toy Guru on the Roast Gooble Q&A that Monthly Figures are not included in early access because collectors from other lines could bypass subscribing to other subs and just pick and choose in early access. In other words, a DC subscriber only could buy Castaspella, early, with limited competition, and before the official Day of Sale. Toy Guru said it was this type of cross sub early access that they wanted to prevent. However:

If there is not a DC Subscription next year, should MotUC Subscribers be able to pick up an extra monthly figure in Early Access? Should a subscriber be able to purchase an extra Modulok in early access? The "other subscription" competition factor seems to have been removed.

What do you think?

(Sorry, make that 2014)
    If they are figures outside of a traditional sub (like the failed DCIE figures being included as part of 'day of' sales) then absolutely they should be part of EA. Anything not part of a sub should go in there. Otherwise what are the benefits of having EA except to get older figures Matty is still trying to move. It needs some kind of benefit you can objectively register, and getting the aforementioned DCIE figures early sure seems like a clear indicator to me.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    If they are figures outside of a traditional sub (like the failed DCIE figures being included as part of 'day of' sales) then absolutely they should be part of EA. Anything not part of a sub should go in there. Otherwise what are the benefits of having EA except to get older figures Matty is still trying to move. It needs some kind of benefit you can objectively register, and getting the aforementioned DCIE figures early sure seems like a clear indicator to me.
    I think you're missing his point. He's asking if MOTUC subscribers should be able to get additional MOTUC figures in Early Access since DCIE subscribers can't pick up MOTUC items in early access (since there aren't any).

I think the answer is still no. They still don't want someone who may have otherwise bought 2 subs to only get 1 because he doesn't really want 2 Hydrons but can always pick up an extra Modulok day of.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I just logged into early access and all the essentials are available there!

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    They still don't want someone who may have otherwise bought 2 subs to only get 1 because he doesn't really want 2 Hydrons but can always pick up an extra Modulok day of.
    I still don't get how this is an issue. As long as there is Day of Sale stock, this can still happen. There have been plenty of figures in the past I bought Day of Sale to supplement my 1 Subscription figure.

However, when I have considered getting a figure in Early Access AND then another Day of Sale (just 24 hours later), I have talked myself out of it due to having to pay extra for shipping costs.

Heroic Warrior
    I still don't get how this is an issue. As long as there is Day of Sale stock, this can still happen. There have been plenty of figures in the past I bought Day of Sale to supplement my 1 Subscription figure.

However, when I have considered getting a figure in Early Access AND then another Day of Sale (just 24 hours later), I have talked myself out of it due to having to pay extra for shipping costs.
    Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean they want to make it easier to do this.

The combined shipping issue is another story. The fact that they still can't figure this out hurts both the consumer and Mattel IMO.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    They could make the subscription figures avaliable on EA only for the people who brought that particular sub. That way there would not be a problem.
    The real problem is the double shipping charge. If they could simply ship once a week and combine all orders made that week, then we'd all be fine.