Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 126

Thread: The Early Access Discussion Thread

  1. #101
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkysharky View Post
    I’m wondering if anyone can help me out as I can’t seem to figure out if I’ve got the perks of the sub all wrong.

    Obviously the main point of the sub is that you’re guaranteed to get all the figures for $25.00, does this only extend to the figs for the year you’re subbing (eg in my case I’ve signed up for 2014) or all the club figs ? For instance if I want Mantenna or Geldor on DOS, are these going to be $25.00 (because I’m a sub member, regardless of year) or $27.00 because I’m not a member for the specific year they’re part of (eg they’re 2013 figs,and I’ve subbed for 2014)

    Also, does the same extend to sales, I’ve just tried to get a Rattlor and it’s $27.00, should it be $25.00 ?

    Also, how is notification of DOS issued ? Bsically I want to make sure I’m prepared when Mantenna and the Horde Troopers go up as they’re my big wants.

    Sorry for all the maybe stupid questions but I’m new to subbing !
    Your sub does not become 'live' until January of 2014, which includes them being shipped to your house each month, the early access benefits, and getting the sub price of $25 per figure. Sorry if this has been answered already, but I didn't see anyone address this portion of your question directly.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

  2. #102
    Heroic Warrior Pollex Christi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    97

    New Figures in 2015 Early Access?

    Recently, it was explained by Toy Guru on the Roast Gooble Q&A that Monthly Figures are not included in early access because collectors from other lines could bypass subscribing to other subs and just pick and choose in early access. In other words, a DC subscriber only could buy Castaspella, early, with limited competition, and before the official Day of Sale. Toy Guru said it was this type of cross sub early access that they wanted to prevent. However:

    If there is not a DC Subscription next year, should MotUC Subscribers be able to pick up an extra monthly figure in Early Access? Should a subscriber be able to purchase an extra Modulok in early access? The "other subscription" competition factor seems to have been removed.

    What do you think?

    (Sorry, make that 2014)
    Last edited by Pollex Christi; August 22, 2013 at 05:03pm.

  3. #103
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sanford, FL
    Posts
    1,256
    Yes.

    Actually, why don't they allow early access for MOTU figures only to MOTU subbers and not those who sub to any other line. Same would be true if they try DC. Is it just because that would make DR explode?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

    Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

  4. #104
    Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,427
    then you run the risk in the following year of people who normally buy multiple subs buying just one and getting the extra figures they want in early access picking and choosing hence selling less subs

  5. #105
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    302
    They could make the subscription figures avaliable on EA only for the people who brought that particular sub. That way there would not be a problem.

  6. #106
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    1,662
    Canada-Man raises a point that I bet is the main reason Matty will never offer DOS figures during EA.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

  7. #107
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,507
    Yeah, a re-seller could just buy one sub then buy tons of Two-Bads to turn a profit, leaving none left for cherry-picking fans.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

    www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

  8. #108
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    302
    Yeah that might happen. It's fine as it is.

  9. #109
    Heroic Warrior fisto power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Elmhurst il
    Posts
    476
    Maybe limit the figure to how many subs you buy. You buy 1 sub you can only buy 1 figure.
    Feedback thread

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

    Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

    Email facelessone@he-fans.org

  10. #110
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Actually, why don't they allow early access for MOTU figures only to MOTU subbers and not those who sub to any other line. Same would be true if they try DC. Is it just because that would make DR explode?
    That's certainly the most plausible and probable reason.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  11. #111
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,651
    Already explained. I wouldn't have to buy multiple subs. Just purchase one and go buck wild during EA every month.

  12. #112
    Heroic Warrior bigsexy_j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    793
    TG said no

    J

  13. #113
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    Recently, it was explained by Toy Guru on the Roast Gooble Q&A that Monthly Figures are not included in early access because collectors from other lines could bypass subscribing to other subs and just pick and choose in early access.
    Yep I was the one who asked that question, and to be honest the answer made zero sense Subscribers to other lines can pick and choose anyway at the normal sale day sale. Yes via EA there is less competition, but I doubt that many folks would buy a 2nd sub to cherry pick the figures! Nobody is gonna buy an additional sub just because they can't get a few extras via EA They will just chance the normal sale day. Just one less perk for subbers is all it is.

    I wanted 2 Mantenna's this year, but there was no way I was gonna buy another sub because he isn't part of early access! There really is no reason why sub items can't be part of EA before they go DOS, if it truely is the subbers that keep MOTUC alive.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    then you run the risk in the following year of people who normally buy multiple subs buying just one and getting the extra figures they want in early access picking and choosing hence selling less subs
    Folks could do that anyway knowing they have a shot at the all access sale day with at least 9-10 of the monthly figures? To support your point, wouldn't you need to kill DOS altogether?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Yeah, a re-seller could just buy one sub then buy tons of Two-Bads to turn a profit, leaving none left for cherry-picking fans.
    A mute point since Two-Bad has NO day of.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Already explained. I wouldn't have to buy multiple subs. Just purchase one and go buck wild during EA every month.
    You don't need to buy multiple subs anyway if the figures are available on sales day. You guys talk as if EA guarantees you a figure... tell that one to the Monster High fans!
    Last edited by blackiecats; August 22, 2013 at 06:40pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

  14. #114
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    A mute point since Two-Bad has NO day of.
    Oh yes, of course. I specifically chose Two-Bad as I knew would have a high re-sell value, forgetting that it's because he will have no DoS.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

    www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

  15. #115
    Heroic Warrior Pollex Christi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    You don't need to buy multiple subs anyway if the figures are available on sales day. You guys talk as if EA guarantees you a figure... tell that one to the Monster High fans!
    Exactly. If they have DoS, in theory, re-sellers still can go "buck wild." Switching the system to allow for new ones in early access then just changes it to encourage the purchase of a subscription.

    (And thanks for getting that question to Toy Guru!)

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,507
    Couple of quick questions about early access... are the figures charged at day-of prices or at sub prices? And if I buy something during early access it will ship seperately right, not with my sub?

    I want an extra set of Troopers, but if they're going to be $4 extra, plus extra shipping on top of that... I'm not so sure!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

    www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

  17. #117
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Couple of quick questions about early access... are the figures charged at day-of prices or at sub prices? And if I buy something during early access it will ship seperately right, not with my sub?

    I want an extra set of Troopers, but if they're going to be $4 extra, plus extra shipping on top of that... I'm not so sure!
    Day of prices.

    Ship separately.

    Edit: And as pointed out below, sub figures are not part of early access.
    Last edited by Super He-Man; August 29, 2013 at 09:42am.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  18. #118
    Profanity Bleeper EuroCoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kajaani, Finland
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Couple of quick questions about early access... are the figures charged at day-of prices or at sub prices? And if I buy something during early access it will ship seperately right, not with my sub?

    I want an extra set of Troopers, but if they're going to be $4 extra, plus extra shipping on top of that... I'm not so sure!
    Troopers are a sub item, so they are not part of Early Access.

    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

    Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

    * My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

  19. #119
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,507
    Ohhhh, darn, I forgot about that.
    So I have to contend with normal DoS, higher prices and extra shipping. Suddenly those extra Troopers don't sound so appealing.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

    www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

  20. #120
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    Recently, it was explained by Toy Guru on the Roast Gooble Q&A that Monthly Figures are not included in early access because collectors from other lines could bypass subscribing to other subs and just pick and choose in early access. In other words, a DC subscriber only could buy Castaspella, early, with limited competition, and before the official Day of Sale. Toy Guru said it was this type of cross sub early access that they wanted to prevent. However:

    If there is not a DC Subscription next year, should MotUC Subscribers be able to pick up an extra monthly figure in Early Access? Should a subscriber be able to purchase an extra Modulok in early access? The "other subscription" competition factor seems to have been removed.

    What do you think?

    (Sorry, make that 2014)
    If they are figures outside of a traditional sub (like the failed DCIE figures being included as part of 'day of' sales) then absolutely they should be part of EA. Anything not part of a sub should go in there. Otherwise what are the benefits of having EA except to get older figures Matty is still trying to move. It needs some kind of benefit you can objectively register, and getting the aforementioned DCIE figures early sure seems like a clear indicator to me.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

  21. #121
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    If they are figures outside of a traditional sub (like the failed DCIE figures being included as part of 'day of' sales) then absolutely they should be part of EA. Anything not part of a sub should go in there. Otherwise what are the benefits of having EA except to get older figures Matty is still trying to move. It needs some kind of benefit you can objectively register, and getting the aforementioned DCIE figures early sure seems like a clear indicator to me.
    I think you're missing his point. He's asking if MOTUC subscribers should be able to get additional MOTUC figures in Early Access since DCIE subscribers can't pick up MOTUC items in early access (since there aren't any).

    I think the answer is still no. They still don't want someone who may have otherwise bought 2 subs to only get 1 because he doesn't really want 2 Hydrons but can always pick up an extra Modulok day of.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  22. #122
    Heroic Warrior imonmywayup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    104
    I just logged into early access and all the essentials are available there!

  23. #123
    Heroic Warrior Pollex Christi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    They still don't want someone who may have otherwise bought 2 subs to only get 1 because he doesn't really want 2 Hydrons but can always pick up an extra Modulok day of.
    I still don't get how this is an issue. As long as there is Day of Sale stock, this can still happen. There have been plenty of figures in the past I bought Day of Sale to supplement my 1 Subscription figure.

    However, when I have considered getting a figure in Early Access AND then another Day of Sale (just 24 hours later), I have talked myself out of it due to having to pay extra for shipping costs.

  24. #124
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    I still don't get how this is an issue. As long as there is Day of Sale stock, this can still happen. There have been plenty of figures in the past I bought Day of Sale to supplement my 1 Subscription figure.

    However, when I have considered getting a figure in Early Access AND then another Day of Sale (just 24 hours later), I have talked myself out of it due to having to pay extra for shipping costs.
    Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean they want to make it easier to do this.

    The combined shipping issue is another story. The fact that they still can't figure this out hurts both the consumer and Mattel IMO.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  25. #125
    Heroic Warrior No-Ah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    They could make the subscription figures avaliable on EA only for the people who brought that particular sub. That way there would not be a problem.
    The real problem is the double shipping charge. If they could simply ship once a week and combine all orders made that week, then we'd all be fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •