Thread: I'm tired of all the negativity

I'm tired of all the negativity

Now this may get locked or deleted and I don't really care I just need to say my piece.

I am sick of all the constant complaints about every little thing to do with this line. No matter what Mattel or the 4H do it seems that nobody is ever happy.

People complain about not enough POP or too much POP, they complain if the figs are not Filmation colors or if they are not more like the mini-comics. There is too much 200x influence or there is not enough. A character is a new creation and not vintage etc etc etc.

Then there are the complaints about the toys themselves. Sure a missing accessory or the cracked bodies of the Goddess and Roboto are legitimate complaints but declaring the line will die because of a microscopic bit of paint fleck on an arm somewhere, or a slightly loose / tight joint or because the skin shade is not EXACTLY the same as the vintage fig or whatever stupid little thing people notice that can only be seen on super close inspection under a damn microscope.

Then there are the bios, the constant complaints about them. Sure I don't like them but instead of getting angry about them I do the sensible thing...I ignore them. Just because they are written on the cardbacks doesn't make them the only canon and that you should ignore the others even if you don't like the MOTUC storyline. If you prefer mini-comics or filmation or 200x just use them as your official canon. Or you could be like me and make up your own...or even better, have no canon and just display the figs because they look nice and stop worrying about their damn bios.

Now onto the subbers. The most “entitled” feeling people on the org. Not only do these people get figs at a cheaper price then those that have to get them on Day of Sale, they also get at least one fig that those without subs don't (I believe King He-Man this year) AND they get early access to certain figs for example Kobra Kahn which sold out BEFORE the DOS which means that people without a sub, and who don't already have him, have missed out before they even got a chance to get him. Instead the must rely on sites like ebay and we are all aware of how pricey some figs can be on those sites. Yet some of these people with early access are still complaining about it and insisting that it be improved instead of just being thankful that they even have it. Not to mention I have heard talk that some new figs will be such a low run that they may not even be available on DOS and yet I have ZERO doubt that the subbers who are guaranteed to get them will still find something to complain about.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; February 15, 2013 at 11:47am.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    This is a forum to discuss topics. If you donīt like people expressing their opinions, you are free to go to Mattys forums or reading a book.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Complaining constructively is one thing, but many take that to the extreme and I agree with much of what you've said. The problem is these discussions can sometimes yield great debate, amongst the back-biting and such. So, do you severely limit the complaints to only the positive or fully allow the fans a forum of free expression and simply get what you get? Gotta go with the latter. Let the mods sift through the negativity. Better them than me.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

oh ya I am all for discussions about the figs saying who you would like or who you would be least interested in and I agree with legitimate complaints such as figs being cracked or missing in the post but a lot of complaints are usually for super tiny unimportant things or because a person's fave character has not been revealed at the latest convention.

Well that and the subbers who already get a better deal on the figs and extra little benefits and yet still complain because they want more.

It just seems to me that most threads on here are really negative and it is a bit of a downer.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Many legititmate issues people have addressed here have led to changes for the better. Snake MAA is one example that springs to mind. Who knows, maybe Mattell will alter the base/door of CG due to all the complaints. I don't see what's bad about this.
    So I'm happy that this option exists.
    When things get too negative, i.e. too personal, the mods intervene. So that's good, too
    Awesome sticker included!

Don't forget, we didn't have the internet, or forums in the 80's. I imagine if there was something like it back then, you'd get the same thing. I agree though, there tends to be a lot of unnecessary vitriol. But, I do appreciate even the ability to have such a forum where people can express themselves.

One thing that I still find a bit bizarre is the fact that we have direct interaction with Mattel/Scott/Matty, this is something that we take for granted sometimes as collectors. Other companies which offer such goods and services don't offer such direct contact. We should remember that we are dealing with human beings, albeit working for a mega corporation.

People seem to generalize when they complain about the complaining

Not everyone is complaining about the same issues as each individual has things they like and dislike about the line. There are also plenty of people who complain very little or not at all. You just don't see them post in certain threads because they are pretty happy with the line.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    ...but a lot of complaints are usually for super tiny unimportant things or because a person's fave character has not been revealed at the latest convention...
    What may not be important to you is probably important to someone else. People have opinions. Heck, obviously you have opinions too. Everyone has a right to complain just like you have the right to complain about complaining. That's the beauty and curse of the internet.

You can ignore people, ya know. If you don't like what you read, then stop reading and go outside and get some exercise.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Maybe Im wrong, but I havent read any negative comment about NA He-Man, Clamp Champ, Batros, Icer, etc... because they are great figures.

If I feel that the Darkling that comes with Shokoti must come with a "flying" base, we must express it in order to get the most perfect version of each character...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Just a warning to everyone: Complaining about "Complaining" or "Complainers" is against the forum rules.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Like Kowl said, complaining about complaining isn't allowed. It's just as negative as the negativity in question and only adds one more thing to the pile for people argue about.

The best thing most everyone can do is

1. If you are unhappy with something and want to offer your feedback, be constructive with your comments. Insults, personal attacks, sarcastic quips, etc, do nothing to support a person's position and only pollute their argument.
    2. If you are happy with something and disagree with the criticism, post positive feedback! Show the rest of the world that it's not all criticism these days on the internet.

I'm one that also feels there's an over abundance of criticism. But let's face it: there have been a lot of things to criticize in the MOTUC line.

So, I don't deny someone the chance to post their criticisms about MOTUC on the Org as long as they do so politely and constructively. And for me personally, I have been finding more joy and fun in things lately, choosing to enjoy MOTU and POP like I did when I was younger.