Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post here after you successfully ordered Ram Man and Jitsu

in and out very fast... I'm going to miss the Matty hunts!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

2 Ram Man's for me at $85.90 shipped. Excited that I got them since I had been wanting him for so long.
    The New King of Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I'm not surprised Rammy sold out so quick, but I am surprised Jistu is hanging on this long. I know we're talking Wave 1 vintage vs. Wave 3 vintage, but they're both hardcore vintage characters. Perhaps I'm underestimating the power of FILMation among collectors.
    I thought Ram Man was wave 2. Still I have noticed a general trend amongst the collectors. Those who collected the whole line, those who started early around wave 1 or 2 and then at latest got out around wave 4, then those who came in late usually late wave 3 or early 4. The last group is the smallest, and even those who stuck around for the entire collection started to fizzle towards the end.

I know I got half or so of wave 3, not sure why because I kept playing with my figures and even got Hordak who I wanted. I know I didn't want Prince Adam as a kid, because I typically was more focused on action stories in my playing.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Court Magician
    Got one Ram Man and one Jitsu. In and out right when the sale started. No problems.

Got one Jitsu, had also Rammy on my cart and would have been able to get him before the sell out, but Jitsu's and Rammy's combined price of $90 made me to drop Ram Man off the cart. I wanted both, but not so much that I'd pay $112 (after import taxes) for them., so other one had to go and I wanted Jitsu more, so he got to stay.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Got Ram man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I thought Ram Man was wave 2. Still I have noticed a general trend amongst the collectors. Those who collected the whole line, those who started early around wave 1 or 2 and then at latest got out around wave 4, then those who came in late usually late wave 3 or early 4. The last group is the smallest, and even those who stuck around for the entire collection started to fizzle towards the end.
    You're right, he was Wave 2, which is when I started collecting. I know it's strange, but Ram-Man and Jitsu were two of my most-played-with figures in my vintage collection. Loved them both. So today is like Christmas for me.

Got Jitsu, had to skip Ram Man because of the total price. But had the chance of ordering with no worries.

cool day

Ordered 1 Ram $54 to UK - passed on Jitsu also.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Shipping calculation made drop 1 Ram Man. International shipping is outrageous
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Those were some of the last vintage figures I wanted anyway. I already got my Grayskull preorder in. Unless something amazing happens, I am pretty much done with the line.

Overall, I have to rate my experience as a collector of this line as a C+. Love the figures, beyond disappointed with the way customers were treated. My love for MOTU is what bumped it past the 50% (F) it was going to get. Despite being treated like some peon who is barely tolerated except for their precious precious money, nothing gives me a nostalgic high like looking over and seeing He-Man and friends.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Jitsu is almost gone!

I'm not surprised Rammy sold out so quick, but I am surprised Jistu is hanging on this long. I know we're talking Wave 1 vintage vs. Wave 3 vintage, but they're both hardcore vintage characters. Perhaps I'm underestimating the power of FILMation among collectors.
    Ram Man is Ram Man... He was popular in the cartoon and popular as a toy.
    Jitsu is Jitsu... He was a cameo villain in the cartoon and popular as a toy, but not as popular as Ram Man.

Vintage MOTU does not guarantee high demand... It has to do with the character itself.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Agent of the Evil Horde
    I managed to get Jitsu, but missed out on Ram Man, but there was a silver lining (see my post in the Ram Man thread).

For the first time, there was no white screen of death for me, but I was a few minutes late logging, so perhaps that's why I missed it.
    Supporter of the New Adventures of He-Man
    Motu fan and collector since 1984

Widget
    I got 1 Ram Man. I hope we don't get many more of these quick/early access sell outs.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Just got my e-mail confirmation. Sweet!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Had Krass and Chopper in cart and out the door by the skin of my teeth.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

You're right, he was Wave 2, which is when I started collecting. I know it's strange, but Ram-Man and Jitsu were two of my most-played-with figures in my vintage collection. Loved them both. So today is like Christmas for me.
    I think wave 3 is the definite start of the for sure B list/second Tier characters. With those figures having their fans for sure, but for many of us they are just a pass. I wish I knew why I didn't get all of wave 3. I know I had to rent Secret of the Sword and I don't recall Princess of Power being on TV locally. I also know I had to got out of town to get Fisto who I got with Strydor.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Ram Man is Ram Man... He was popular in the cartoon and popular as a toy.
    Jitsu is Jitsu... He was a cameo villain in the cartoon and popular as a toy, but not as popular as Ram Man.

Vintage MOTU does not guarantee high demand... It has to do with the character itself.
    You're right, but I've also seen a LOT of collectors rag on Ram-Man over the years because he never really fit in with the other figures. I always loved the figure and he was always a central character for me when I was a kid. But he does look like he was designed for another line, and he definitely wasn't the most articulated figure in the bunch. His mini comic rocked, though.

You're right, but I've also seen a LOT of collectors rag on Ram-Man over the years because he never really fit in with the other figures. I always loved the figure and he was always a central character for me when I was a kid. But he does look like he was designed for another line, and he definitely wasn't the most articulated figure in the bunch. His mini comic rocked, though.
    It's all those fans who liked to take the characters heads and arms off and make new ones out of them. I know I did at times.

But either way I am down to missing two characters I had as a kid Mekaneck and Teela.. well Fisto also but Teela is more important to me.

In and out swiftly without WSOD, my main issue was hurdling my co-workers, we have a lot of work right now, I did not want them to notice I was buying toys
    Hopefully Rammy gets re-issued, at least as a card back colors variant, in the near future, for the collectors that couldn't make it on time.

I just want to paint... paddavis's Avatar
    Got my Ram Man and Jitsu.
    Always wanted the vintage Jitsu...now I got a Jitsu!

Hey Gama nice to see someone close to home here.
    The New King of Eternia

I'm new to this line, (How the hell did I not know MOTUC existed until a few months ago?) but I managed to get a Ram Man and two Jitsu's. Matty's shipping prices are high, but they seem to get better with big orders. Just paid $28 shipping for a Panthor, Swiftwind, She-Ra 2.0, Hordak, Rammy, and 2 Jitsu's. Shipping could have been a whole lot worse. Sadly most of the heavy hitters came out years ago, so I'm fighting an uphill battle on the secondary market for many.

Sub covered mine, but tested for WSOD and had none before they sold out.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah