Thread: Tytus and Gygor - Gone for good?

Tytus and Gygor - Gone for good?

These are the only two things from the entire MOTUC range that I don't have. Just wondering if people think I should wait for them to hopefully appear on Matty again or if I'd be best just going the ebay route?

Heroic Warrior
    I think they'll resurface on Matty at some point. We don't know for sure, but we can probably conclude there are still a lot of these in the warehouse. Remember Mattel has been trying to shift Gygor through a handful of shops.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Gygor probably will resurface at some point unless they've somehow cleared out a lot of stock at some point.

They apparently had a really absurd amount of him left. This one time there was a brief glitch on Matty Collector when he was back on sale along with a few other items, and it showed how much stock was left. I forget the exact amount, but it was A LOT... much more than any other figure offered (and this was not his initial sale).

But that being said, you may want to consider going the ebay route for both of these figures. Tytus originally went for $40, Gygor originally went for $30. Even when/if they show back up on Matty Collector, their prices will likely be higher than when they were first released due to the price increases this year for all of the figures. They apply the price increases to old stock of older figures, too. So, unless they are a part of a future black friday/cyber monday type of sale, you probably will actually end up paying more for them than what they went for originally.

But right now on ebay, you can get them for a pretty decent price. I just did a quick search. There are a couple of buy-it-now listings for Tytus for $32.99. And for Gygor, there are several buy-it-now listings in the $26-$33 range. You may want to compare what the shipping charges will be, but overall you can get them for a reasonable price right now.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Unless I'm missing something, why not have the figures they have surplus of on sale the whole time?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, why not have the figures they have surplus of on sale the whole time?
    I guess that is just too logical for them to do.

This is a question that has been asked by many people over the course of time. This is just the way that they do things for whatever reason.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    Because they would rather play a game of "artificial scarcity" and pretend that stuff is "rare" and that they are not completely in control of all numbers of items produced and distributed in an effort to promote the flawed sub-model.

Snappy Threader
    I am misisng both too, though I am waiting for them to go on the cheap at an onilne retailer or show up somwhere like Ollie's or something.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    These guys are out swirling the bowl on Ebay...I saw a Gygor go for 13.99 + shipping a couple weeks ago...
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!