Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ram Man sold out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    If he doesn't get a second run (which he likely won't) we may still see a re-release of remaining stock. Mattel has backup stock in case defective figures are sold and after a while releases that stock. I'd imagine that to go even faster but we could still see him again.
    Fisto has no CS stock left.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    If he doesn't get a second run (which he likely won't) we may still see a re-release of remaining stock. Mattel has backup stock in case defective figures are sold and after a while releases that stock. I'd imagine that to go even faster but we could still see him again.
    Yep no CS stock left, the problem with Fisto last year led Mattel to actually hold more customer service stock for the remaining figures in 2012, and presumably going forward.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    While I know some subscribers missed him due to getting a Sorceress in place of him, others simply had their subscriptions canceled because their cards were declined or an account problem.
    Slight correction: the predominant problem was that DR, for the second year in a row, had charged the second charge of the year (in this case, the second part of the charge for the Star Sisters) to the wrong card for people who had changed their default. TG and Matty tried to make it sound like it was the fault of customers for not having the funds on the cards charged, which, from one perspective, was true. But how many folks keep money on cards they have long ago cancelled? Add the fact that folks couldn't get DR to straighten out the mess by the next month, and Matty did not have the common sense to reserve the number of Fistos needed to fulfill the original number of subs and thus sold off figures that should have gone to beleaguered subbers, and there you have the big problem. The fact that there were evidently less Fistos than there should have been with the Sorceress box mix-up, and you had the perfect storm of Mattel and DR idiocy. I am relieved that we aren't hearing about the same problems with Rammy and Jitsu, which means it only took three years for DR to fix that second charge of the year problem...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Slight correction: the predominant problem was that DR, for the second year in a row, had charged the second charge of the year (in this case, the second part of the charge for the Star Sisters) to the wrong card for people who had changed their default. TG and Matty tried to make it sound like it was the fault of customers for not having the funds on the cards charged, which, from one perspective, was true. But how many folks keep money on cards they have long ago cancelled? Add the fact that folks couldn't get DR to straighten out the mess by the next month, and Matty did not have the common sense to reserve the number of Fistos needed to fulfill the original number of subs and thus sold off figures that should have gone to beleaguered subbers, and there you have the big problem. The fact that there were evidently less Fistos than there should have been with the Sorceress box mix-up, and you had the perfect storm of Mattel and DR idiocy. I am relieved that we aren't hearing about the same problems with Rammy and Jitsu, which means it only took three years for DR to fix that second charge of the year problem...
    Yeah I didn't know all the details just remember most of tthe problems coming from cancelled subscriptions. And Digital River didn't hold onto those Fistos but sold them as day of sale stock. And logically if the subscriptions were legitimately cancelled for whatever reason DR should sell them. I'm guessing the only figure from last year with increased production was Sorceress who came out the same month as Fisto. There were 6 other original vintage figures (maybe I'm forgetting one off the top of my head?) plus those 2 that came out last year. Kobra Khan, Stinkor, Spikor, Mekaneck, Rattlor, and Mosquitor, granted a couple had issues which may have decreased demand (Stinkor and Spikor), but is Fisto really that more popular than those? Or was it just the absolute perfect execution of the figure that has made him so sought after?

Agent of the Evil Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Predictable Ram Man sold out so quick. And Jitsu sold out under an hour. Go vintage!!! And I don't feel bad for people who didn't get either of them. We knew last year from Mattel that it was sub up or die. We knew DOS might not be there & if there was DOS it was significantly going to be less than prior years. Did people honestly think they could leisurely order these 2 figures after they got off of work? What they're sold out!! Why?? 1.) Vintage Figures 2.) Ram Man=Core figure 3.) Jitsu hasn't had a figure since the vintage line....not counting his stactions 4.) Again Vintage sells
    Glad I picked up an extra of each today.
    It seems unfair to me to assume that everyone can afford the subscription, and wants every figure associated with it. To my mind, it was never part of collecting a toy range that you had to sign up for all the figures being released in a year, or not risk being able to pick any up. Providing you got there early enough, you should have been in with a chance. A five minute sell out time was simply insufficient time.

Note that I'm not saying Mattel should have made more, as we don't know how many were produced, but I still don't understand why the cap on the number of figures which can be ordered isn't set much lower than it currently is. I also find it strange that people who have a subscription want more than one figure, but each to his or her own.
    Supporter of the New Adventures of He-Man
    Motu fan and collector since 1984

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguijuela View Post
    It seems unfair to me to assume that everyone can afford the subscription, and wants every figure associated with it. To my mind, it was never part of collecting a toy range that you had to sign up for all the figures being released in a year, or not risk being able to pick any up. Providing you got there early enough, you should have been in with a chance. A five minute sell out time was simply insufficient time.

Note that I'm not saying Mattel should have made more, as we don't know how many were produced, but I still don't understand why the cap on the number of figures which can be ordered isn't set much lower than it currently is. I also find it strange that people who have a subscription want more than one figure, but each to his or her own.
    In Mattys motuc business model subs keep the line running. When sub buyers dry up, the line dies. Fair or unfair has got nothing to do with it

Any chance of a second run of this (obviously popular) figure? I had a bad case of strep throat and was at an instacare clinic getting treatment when the sale happened. Got out and remembered the sale about 45 minutes in and he was already gone. I've been preparing for this sale for months, making sure I had enough funds, etc. - only to be defeated by a damn tiny bacteria.

I also find it strange that people who have a subscription want more than one figure, but each to his or her own.
    You've got to factor in:

People ordering figures for friends or relatives; international fans
    People ordering figures to make a profit; scalpers or toy websites
    People ordering figures to trade for other desired hard to find figures
    People ordering figures for customs

I have a sub but I order a second figure to have both a complete MOC collection and loose collection in which I cherry pick.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

My RAMMYS' and Choppy's are all here safe and sound! THANKFULLY there doesn't seem to be no QC issues and no bad paint jobs on him, BRAVO! It seems like the factory received a pecking order to make sure this figure wasn't flawed!!! Always loved him as a kid and was sad he never looked like his mini comic / 8-back til now! Now all we need is the 8-Back color scheme and you can call this BEST over-sized FIGURE EVER!!!! (oh yeah and in the next pack out give me something other than the helmet less head!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelton View Post
    Any chance of a second run of this (obviously popular) figure?
    It's very unlikely that Ram Man will get a second run at this point and if he does it will probably be in the orange and red cardback colors. I suggest you go over to BBTS or ebay and get one now before the prices go up to $100+

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...98&mode=retail

Heroic Warrior
    69$ is not that bad for a highly demanded figure. it's double the price, but at least it hasn't reached teela, fisto and sorceress status yet.

The cheapest buy it now listing is at 74$ on ebay

some listings have bids over 70, i would drop out and run over BBTS and save a few bucks.
    Last edited by Romadon; February 21, 2013 at 01:22pm.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Ram Man @ BBTS..... Sold Out !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Ram Man @ BBTS..... Sold Out !
    they had 34 rammys yesterday when i posted

interesting how the number of ebay listings jumped from like 17 to around 49
    Last edited by Romadon; February 22, 2013 at 10:00am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazelton View Post
    Any chance of a second run of this (obviously popular) figure? I had a bad case of strep throat and was at an instacare clinic getting treatment when the sale happened. Got out and remembered the sale about 45 minutes in and he was already gone. I've been preparing for this sale for months, making sure I had enough funds, etc. - only to be defeated by a damn tiny bacteria.
    Bacteria will defeat us all! TG said all figs after MEF won't be reissued so grab one while you can at current "cheaper" prices.

Why is it strange for collectors to buy more than 1 figure for you? I have a sub. But I always buy an extra figure DOS of all the vintage figures in the 80's that are now Classicized. These are for my loose display collection. So I have a MOC collection & a loose collection. Not to mention vintage and 200x.....wow I have way too much as my wife says. Or not enough....

Heroic Warrior
    Wow 5 minutes with no wsd or rsd... Was there a black screen of death? Anyway, anyone complaining after 5 minutes, with the history of this line, with the expectation of this character... In my opinion... Aren't even serious collectors of these toys. If you don't evolve you die, if you stay still then SN will try and shake you off. Don't hate the players, hate the game.