Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ram Man sold out

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I heard they only produced 20 of him.
    gsdgsdgsgsdgsgssdgsd

Predictable Ram Man sold out so quick. And Jitsu sold out under an hour. Go vintage!!! And I don't feel bad for people who didn't get either of them. We knew last year from Mattel that it was sub up or die. We knew DOS might not be there & if there was DOS it was significantly going to be less than prior years. Did people honestly think they could leisurely order these 2 figures after they got off of work? What they're sold out!! Why?? 1.) Vintage Figures 2.) Ram Man=Core figure 3.) Jitsu hasn't had a figure since the vintage line....not counting his stactions 4.) Again Vintage sells
    Glad I picked up an extra of each today.

I remember way back when when Faker almost immediately sold out n a few others I missed. Know what I did? Sucked it up n hit eBay.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I can't find Iron Man 3 movie figures at Target everyday. Scare tactics!
    You don't want to find those figures...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    I remember way back when when Faker almost immediately sold out n a few others I missed. Know what I did? Sucked it up n hit eBay.
    LOL! Reminds me of when Hasbrotoystore.com ran out of SDCC Fall of Cybertron Bruticus in under 10 minutes. I hit up eBay IMMEDIATELY for that bad boy.

MGM the 6 inch Iron Man 3 figures are great.

I still haven't found the Classic Iron Man due to SCARE TACTICS!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...pscd25f979.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psb91226be.jpg
    Ah, you're talking about the 6-inch! I was speaking about the 3.75" inch...

I'm of mixed emotions on the subject. I feel sorry for those who can't afford the sub and missed out on Rammy and/or Jitsu, but when it comes to those who pick and choose, they have that right to do so, I kinda feel your pain, but don't complain when you know how shady this line is and how popular figures sell out quickly. It's the nature of the beast. It's not the end of the world though. If you really want a figure, you'll find a way. I always have.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they didn't make enough to last longer. A lot more money could have been made off this figure. Maybe, they'll release him in toyback colors someday as a traveling exclusive.
    The thing is they actually COULD have made a TON more than they normally would have however he demand for this figure is very very high so many people could have bought multiples. Look at the sell outs for some of the figures from the first couple years. They had quick sell outs, some even close to ram man but obviously had larger sub numbers and therefor prob larger total production numbers.

Sell out time doesn't really give us an idea of how many they produced, just how popular he was.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by lee-ra View Post
    Crack them open and enjoy!

You'll of made somebody's day
    I would have likely traded him so that two of us could have had our day, but either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Kind of Ironically, Faker is still up today.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I shipped Netossa in the same box it came in to a fellow board member overseas. Shipping was right around $15, and he got my Netossa before he got his (separate) shipment from Mattycollector ordered on Day of Sale in January (only 4 days after my Netossa was shipped to me, and she waited at my house for a couple days before I shipped her out to him). SO DR's shipping methods are absolutely overpriced and unnecessarily slow.
    Correct you are, I just clicked on the USPS website and pretended if I shipped a figure let's say to Texas, priority flat rate: here's an example...

Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate BoxMore info about Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box
    USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
    Tue, Feb 19 $12.35 (walk in price) $11.30 (online price)

It clearly shows that you are saving! and you know what if you used a regular brown box and simply added delivery confirmation, IT would STILL BE CHEAPER than some of the prices some are saying the USPS would charge. I know as I have shipped figures to fellow 'orgers, it has never cost me more than 12 bucks. DR is creating some ridiculous charges and it's no secret; various toy podcasts had covered this issue.... And obviously the calculator proves it as well.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...pscd25f979.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psb91226be.jpg
    What scare tactics theirs 2 at my local target tight now

the extra price goes to pay digital river for their services. They were smart in basing their price on shipping units not having it built into the product, which would have increased the price of the product. You are paying for parcel post or whatever the name of the shipping method is now, plus extra which would be similar to what you would pay in markup at most retailers. Basically the retailer has to make their money somehow also to stay in business.

This is also the reason they don't want to do things like much combined shipping or loot holding, because it cuts into their profits. yes the reason it's lower when you combine is because it's easier to pack more than one item, but they will avoid if they can come up with some (lame) excuse.

We still have no idea how many Ram Mans were made, nor how many were offered today. We don't know if the Fangman issue, cause people to freak out and buy more because of a perceived secondary market value that he was going to be rare. Of course in the meantime they kind of do that.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Sub numbers will not go up. MOTUC has hit it's peak. Most of those who did not sub this year will not sub next year. Missing out on a figure this year only angers someone to stop collecting, not put in for a sub. I really don't think sub numbers will change all that much going forward.

The good thing is that most of the well known characters have already been released. Will that affect re-sellers from purchasing even more subs next year? Vintage MOTU is almost complete, and I think it will be harder for Mattel to sell subs.
    That's not necessarily true. I have purchased 2 subs for the past couple of years. When I heard that there may be limited/no DOS on sub figures, I decided to pick up a 3rd sub to ensure that I got triples of all the figures with two heads or display options, that I may have missed out on otherwise. So, I am an example of where Mattys trick worked. There could be others. There could be pickers who sub up to ensure they get what they want. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    What scare tactics theirs 2 at my local target tight now
    But they won't be there much longer. Scare tactics! Dirty tricks! They should last for months on the pegs!

Been quite a while since I have purchased a MOTUC figure, but came back today. No way in hell I was going to miss Ram Man. Was there right when he went up, and was able to score two no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    That's not necessarily true. I have purchased 2 subs for the past couple of years. When I heard that there may be limited/no DOS on sub figures, I decided to pick up a 3rd sub to ensure that I got triples of all the figures with two heads or display options, that I may have missed out on otherwise. So, I am an example of where Mattys trick worked. There could be others. There could be pickers who sub up to ensure they get what they want. Only time will tell.
    I agree. If the sub continues for 2014 I will actually buy 2 subs. I've always just bought 1 sub. But I'm actually excited to get the rest of the vintage figures made into the Classics line. Most of these figures have never had a 2nd figure since their vintage days....I.e. Horde Troopers,Blast Attack,Dragstor,Extendar & Rio Blast to name a few. I actually want He-Man & Skeletor variants. I sooooooo want a LP He-Man or LL Skeletor. I would imagine most of the Heman community has never had these figures. It's time & I'm really hoping Scott,Mattel & the 4 Horseman can complete the vintage line of figures made into Classics. So I will be another sub holder who will increase his sub count by 1 for 2014. GO CLASSICS!!

I couldnt believe Rammy was sold out in 5 mins cause I barely got through enough to get my confirmation after 2 first times of failed captcha which I totally hate period. But on the 3rd time I got through and no WSOD and my order went through without a hitch and an email.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Heroic Warrior
    lol im shocked rammy lasted 5 minutes.

We've been predicting this for years. Eamon on the podcast predicted he'd be the fastest sell out ever.

Heroic Warrior
    what was even more surprising was no WSOD, I ordered 3 rammies and switched the captcha like five times before i could understand it, i thouhgt for sure my order would not make it through. I guess I lucked out.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I hope they consider rereleasing him in the orange cardback colors eventually. It would be a shame not to get the most out of that mold. Plus I always thought the orange cardback colors look better. They made the figure based on that old school cross sell art, why not go all the way with it and give that color scheme as well. The one I remember looking at on the back of the packages on the way home from the store back in the day.

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I hope they consider rereleasing him in the orange cardback colors eventually. It would be a shame not to get the most out of that mold. Plus I always thought the orange cardback colors look better. They made the figure based on that old school cross sell art, why not go all the way with it and give that color scheme as well. The one I remember looking at on the back of the packages on the way home from the store back in the day.

http://www.mastersunbound.com/box%20...am_man_ill.jpg
    If they do that they should ditch the pop top extra head and throw in a Filmation Faced one!

I don't understand why they make so little stock of vintage figures?

They are #1 sellers and everybody knows that! But NOOOO, Mattel just want to make them as limited as they can.

I have collected this line from the beginning and beside the figures this line has been nothing more than pain in the but.
    Last edited by Tuukka; February 16, 2013 at 02:21am.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    I don't understand why they make so little stock of vintage figures?

They are #1 sellers and everybody knows that! But NOOOO, Mattel just want to make them as limited as they can.
    They may have made an extra 20,000 for all we know and they just sold that fast. He is the most wanted figure for some time!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    If they do that they should ditch the pop top extra head and throw in a Filmation Faced one!
    Or the same styled head with the eyes open. Either way It would be a good option. That helmet-less head looks terrible anyway because it is just floating there with NO neck.