Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ram Man sold out

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Or the same styled head with the eyes open. Either way It would be a good option. That helmet-less head looks terrible anyway because it is just floating there with NO neck.
    That too! I agree....No neck, constipated look, and a bottle cap smashed on his head......poor Rammy! I love the figure but I question that second head...lol

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    They may have made an extra 20,000 for all we know and they just sold that fast. He is the most wanted figure for some time!
    You're too optimistic. Yes they made more vs Fang Man, but overal not that much.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    That's not necessarily true. I have purchased 2 subs for the past couple of years. When I heard that there may be limited/no DOS on sub figures, I decided to pick up a 3rd sub to ensure that I got triples of all the figures with two heads or display options, that I may have missed out on otherwise. So, I am an example of where Mattys trick worked. There could be others. There could be pickers who sub up to ensure they get what they want. Only time will tell.
    And I started the line with 2 subs. Now I only have 1. You may have people adding some, but you'll also have people dropping and I think the numbers added and dropped would be very close together. The only wildcard is the resellers. It may be worth it for them, but with most of the core characters completed, it may not.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    You're too optimistic. Yes they made more vs Fang Man, but overal not that much.
    Maybe...I just don't think the fast sell out was from a purposeful short stock if you will. Scott had said they made plenty of Ram Man's. I think they underestimated the amount of Resellers and Scalpors that would jump on him though and order 10 each. I'm sure there were places that did just that and ordered a lot of them to off set the cost of some of the other figures they have coming in subs that may not sell as well. If they know they can triple or more their money with one figure, taking a slight loss on a certain 3 pack per se may not sting so much. I think that's more likely what happend with Ram Man.

Just my opinions:

A) If you make let say 100 more than subscriptions, that's not plenty in my mind

B) They had ridiculous 5min sell out! Means they really didn't have "plenty"

C) You can easily watch how many each figures are available after market. In case of Fisto you don't find him anywere! Look Ram Man.. same thing. Ebay is empty on him, so no even retailers don't have him except maybe few items with insane price.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Just my opinions:

A) If you make let say 100 more than subscriptions, that's not plenty in my mind

B) They had ridiculous 5min sell out! Means they really didn't have "plenty"

C) You can easily watch how many each figures are available after market. In case of Fisto you don't find him anywere! Look Ram Man.. same thing. Ebay is empty on him, so no even retailers don't have him except maybe few items with insane price.
    You may be right. But then again, we won't really know for a couple more weeks. Some people may be waiting to see what the commanding price is. They may not want to sell for too low. That being said there are 15 on ebay right now and BBTS has a bunch available as well. You're totally right about Fisto. There weren't even enough to cover subscribers! I just would hope they learned their lesson with that one!

Is it ironic that I missed out?
    "I'm Lindsay Lohan, this is how a crab walks"

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Is it ironic that I missed out?
    LOL.....yes, yes it is. Sorry sir, hope you find yourself soon.

well I do have a birthday in a couple of months maybe someone will buy me for me (wow am I confused!)
    "I'm Lindsay Lohan, this is how a crab walks"

It is total BS that people are buying him to make a profit while genuine collectors miss out. I got one with my sub and a second DOS for the second head. That is enough for me. Sorry to those who missed out and will need to pay a premium.
    Atlas.

well that was the most inevitable thing in MOTUC this year!!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    damn!! got 3 before it sold out
    Let me guess..one for you and two for a ridiculously over-inflated price on Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    It is total BS that people are buying him to make a profit while genuine collectors miss out. I got one with my sub and a second DOS for the second head. That is enough for me. Sorry to those who missed out and will need to pay a premium.
    Atlas.
    I only debated getting a second one for trading fodder. The reason I didn't the only two I would trade for atm would be Teela, and King Grayskull. The second wouldn't happen, and Teela may or may not have happened.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Atlas.
    Perhaps, but this is a concept that YOU MUST accept if you want to get involved in collecting. This is NO THING new. It amazes me that people still get up in arms over all this stuff when A) it's always been this way and B) will continue to be this way.

There's just no sense in making an issue over it and getting worked up over it...

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Perhaps, but this is a concept that YOU MUST accept if you want to get involved in collecting. This is NO THING new. It amazes me that people still get up in arms over all this stuff when A) it's always been this way and B) will continue to be this way.

There's just no sense in making an issue over it and getting worked up over it...
    As crappy as it is, it's no different than the stories you hear about people lining up at retail outlets they day after a shipment has come in to pick the shelves clean of variants and hard-to-find toys to sell on e-Bay.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by He-loser View Post
    Let me guess..one for you and two for a ridiculously over-inflated price on Ebay?
    It's not over inflated if someone pays it, basic law of supply and demand. Does not make anyone a bad person or deserve such a remark

We can all remain civil here I hope
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    We can all remain civil here I hope
    Have you sustained some sort of head injury, causing you to lose recollection of the last 4 years or so?
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    lmfao...what, do u have a crystal ball somewhere? oh and btw i have 2 from my sub 1 to open and 1 for my MOC collection, as for the 3 i got on DOS, its none of ur frackn business what i do with them. maybe i burn them on youtube, have them AFA'd, sell them, give them to my kids..

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    As crappy as it is, it's no different than the stories you hear about people lining up at retail outlets they day after a shipment has come in to pick the shelves clean of variants and hard-to-find toys to sell on e-Bay.
    Again though, it's just some thing you have to accept. Hell, I'm WAYYY past the point of ever walking in to a toy store thinking that I'll ever find any thing good and have accepted that LONG ago. If I want it bad enough I'll get it some where else is I can. If I think that the price is outrageous or some thing that I can't afford I simply don't buy it, but sure as hell am not going to complain about it.

People have to understand that often things are listed at certain prices because that's what they actually sell at. If that's what they're selling at how can any of us complain.

It's just the way it is.....Same thing with some thing like tickets. They're a pain in the ass to get for certain events. Again....it's just the way it is. As "Markatisu" said, simply laws of supply and demand.

There's really no sense in even bringing it up and it's not going to change any thing and is some thing we just have to deal with.

I know of some org members that did buy extra RAM MAN's to sell in a few months time...when he is at top dollar...I figured there would be thousands of him, and they wouldn't make any real money...they may make quite a BONANZA...

Atlas.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Why do you assume everyone who buys multiples plans to scalp on them? I've got 3 Ram Man (2 through subs, 1 DoS), and I won't be selling ANY of them on eBay nor anywhere else EVER. Two I will keep for myself to display both looks (and possibly to customize the second body in cardback colors if the line ends without a release of that variant), and the other one is for a small basic MotU collection I'm giving away to my nephews. In fact, I bought an extra one on DoS precisely so as to avoid having to pay an obscene amount on the secondary market later, and I would have bought two more (one for me to keep MoC, and another one to give away to another nephew in the future) were it not for the fact that Matty was charging an inflated amount for shipping and my budget for this month was already drained.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; February 16, 2013 at 08:03pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Anyone willing to sell a ram man

I was not able to get a Rammy. My phone was being slow and he was sold out before I could confirm the order. I am very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah...that damn captcha. That and that box you have to check about agreeing to Matty's rules. One day those are going to cost me a figure.
    I'm right with you. I always forget the dern agreement box. Is it just me or are the matty captchas harder to read than any other website? I usually refresh them until I find one I can somewhat read.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I'm right with you. I always forget the dern agreement box. Is it just me or are the matty captchas harder to read than any other website? I usually refresh them until I find one I can somewhat read.
    Yeah, that agreement box almost messed me up as well as I kept forgetting it, and it was hard to see on my phone.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Why do you assume everyone who buys multiples plans to scalp on them? I've got 3 Ram Man (2 through subs, 1 DoS), and I won't be selling ANY of them on eBay nor anywhere else EVER. Two I will keep for myself to display both looks (and possibly to customize the second body in cardback colors if the line ends without a release of that variant), and the other one is for a small basic MotU collection I'm giving away to my nephews. In fact, I bought an extra one on DoS precisely so as to avoid having to pay an obscene amount on the secondary market later, and I would have bought two more (one for me to keep MoC, and another one to give away to another nephew in the future) were it not for the fact that Matty was charging an inflated amount for shipping and my budget for this month was already drained.
    Well if thats not your intention..then the comment doesnt pertain to you..it wasn't even your post..why get all bent outta shape.
    and as far as someones comment on the price not being over-inflated as long as someones willing to pay for it...well not necessarily, what happens is these things sit on Ebay forever with a ridiculous price and in some cases never move. This is even worse for sneaker collectors who are into the air-jordan sneakers if anyone remembers those..They get old ones reissued and released in retail stores for $150 but you have no chance to buy one...its worse than a $200 TV on a black friday sale. Theyre sold out before you buy..ordering online even worse..Ive seen big sites crash personally like footlocker etc.. Then these sneakers pop up on Ebay for $300-$400 dollars but noone buys them. Theres even a reseller sneaker store here by me that has them all in stock but cannot move them, they sell regular sneakers and clothing to stay in business but these Air Jordans just sit on the shelves...I actually talked them down after 3 visits down to $10 over retail cash on one pair...
    Its just plain old American greed.