Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ram Man sold out

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    well I do have a birthday in a couple of months maybe someone will buy me for me (wow am I confused!)
    Wow buddy. I hope you are able to get one. I know that if I was unable to get Hordak I would be really baffled as well. Good luck! Someone here help this man get his namesake!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Warrior
    This sale was incredible. (approx) 4 long minutes of pure business. It really reminds me of the good old days when every purchase was an adventure. Much coffee, no sleep (4am in Oz), the uncertainty and fear... To get what has become the most important piece of the classics picture, the final core A-list character. I'm slowing my motuc collecting down to almost nothing now, the main game is over and some severe cherry picking for the rest of the line. Love to go out on the high of a great, intense and exciting sale.

Heroic Warrior
    I heard about that Sneaker thing... That's why I wear regular Air Force 1's

I agree, that some of those prices are ridiculos and that some are waiting for new Fisto situations to make some $$$...

I got 2 subs, sometimes I keep both (Jitsu), sometimes I keep one (Ram Man) sometimes I sell both ( Netossa)... I guess, there're many different ways to collect, but making some cash will always be a part of this and other hobbies...

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Maybe they did make enough. He was the most demanded figure for years.
    He is the last of the original cardback figures to be made in MOTUC.

For many people, he was the last figure needed to "complete" their personal collections.....

I am glad I've got mine on the way. Ram-Man has always been one of my favorite characters, and figure (despite the harassment I got in school over the vintage figure ). I am happy we finally get him in the line, but I am also sour at the thought of him being sold for hundreds of dollars on the secondary market.......
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Has Toyguru answered why shipping costs were higher on date of sale than what subscribers paid? On the Mattel forum i found many questions without answers, in the contract of subscription there's nothing about it. They, at least, should explain this new thing. Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    He is the last of the original cardback figures to be made in MOTUC.

For many people, he was the last figure needed to "complete" their personal collections.....

I am glad I've got mine on the way. Ram-Man has always been one of my favorite characters, and figure (despite the harassment I got in school over the vintage figure ). I am happy we finally get him in the line, but I am also sour at the thought of him being sold for hundreds of dollars on the secondary market.......
    I agree...there's scalping and then going overboard. However, most the buy it nows seem to be in the $80 range which is still cheaper than Teela and Fisto!

I missed ram-man on purpuse.I had him on my calendar and everything. Ram-man is a very special toy i had growing up. My mom bought him for me when i was in the hospital at age 6, for heart surgery. However after valentines funds were ridculously low. I had fight about finances as well with the wife. So had to bit the bullet and pass on him. I hope they release in orange card back version later and im in a good enough place financially to get him. I'll try ebay in a few months, but not a chance in hell ill ever do double or triple his cost. I rather quit the line all together and sell what ive managed to collect then be scalpt.
    Last edited by seth-man; February 17, 2013 at 10:00am.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Apparently, someone wasn't here in 2009 and 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post

LOL!

I want to know what planet some people are from? Do they get super angry this way about everything they miss out on when something sells out? Are limited releases really that foreign a concept? These things aren't iPads people.

For The Record,

I am getting 3 Ram Mans & 3 Jitsus (on their way) & scored 2 Ram Mans on DOS before 5 min killer blow !!

Oh BTW, I am going to get 3 Fang Mans next month !!

And yes, I wasn't here in 2009........ but as a MOTUC collector since 2010, I do know about Moss Man's record time sellout.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Why do you assume everyone who buys multiples plans to scalp on them? I've got 3 Ram Man (2 through subs, 1 DoS), and I won't be selling ANY of them on eBay nor anywhere else EVER.
    Exactly !!!!!

On my case, I want 3 to open & 2 for MOC display. Once they enter my home, there is No.... Way.... Out !!!
    Last edited by TUC138; February 17, 2013 at 11:41am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Getting folks to sub next year will make them more money than selling a 100 or so extra Ram Man's for DOS. When the sub went through, Ram Man and Mantenna's tooling was paid for and the figures were in profit. I don't blame Mattel for thinking ahead and making Ram Man somewhat limited. That I cannot fault, since it will convince those who can afford to sub back in 2014, as well as any resellers we lost in 2013. I have a feeling sub numbers will be up next year for sure. A 2014 sub going ahead is more profitable than one that doesn't.

At least Ram Man got day of, unlike Fang Man I do think Mattel should offer 'some' Fang Man figures via early access for AT LEAST subscribers who want extras. Even if limited numbers like Strobo.
    Maybe. Shadow Weaver didn't keep subs from dropping drastically. And the biggest reason I quit the line entirely was because Scott said there may be no DOS in 2013 for some figures. Up until then, I bought about 90% of the figures through Spikor, and I would have certainly bought Grayskull. so their threat to limit Ram Man cost them $386 last year, $250 for the castle, and about $500 this year (including Filmation sub). So about $1100 plus next year if the line continues.

It's hard to say if I'm in the minority or not, because it does sound somewhat extreme from this community's perspective to quit the line over that. But as many have stated, when I told my friends about the problems in this line they thought I was crazy for putting spending so much money to put up with it. And since subs numbers fell so drastically last year, at least some of them have quit in part because of these tactics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Perhaps, but this is a concept that YOU MUST accept if you want to get involved in collecting. This is NO THING new. It amazes me that people still get up in arms over all this stuff when A) it's always been this way and B) will continue to be this way.

There's just no sense in making an issue over it and getting worked up over it...
    The sense in making an issue over it is to tell the toy makers that we don't like it in hopes that they'll change.

I don't believe they will because not enough people actually take action. But the reason I chime in every now and then is because I quit collecting MOTUC over this nonsense and I would like them to know that I will not collect this or any toyline that is such a pain to collect. If I won't be listened to and my wants won't be taken into account, then I can leave all this behind. I have other interests. Now I was very very sad to stop buying these, but I'm ok with it now.

If you don't like something, in my opinion, you shouldn't just shut up and take it. Keep opening your mouth and voicing your complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I hope they consider rereleasing him in the orange cardback colors eventually. It would be a shame not to get the most out of that mold. Plus I always thought the orange cardback colors look better. They made the figure based on that old school cross sell art, why not go all the way with it and give that color scheme as well. The one I remember looking at on the back of the packages on the way home from the store back in the day.

http://www.mastersunbound.com/box%20...am_man_ill.jpg
    thats definitely the ram man i want as well. im not a fan of the red/green.

I just checked Fisto's current going rate on EBAY.

Shocking. I mean, I knew he was up there, but now he is in the hundreds.

Unbelievable.

Heroic Warrior
    I was looking at Fisto on Ebay. God bless.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't believe they will because not enough people actually take action. But the reason I chime in every now and then is because I quit collecting MOTUC over this nonsense and I would like them to know that I will not collect this or any toyline that is such a pain to collect. If I won't be listened to and my wants won't be taken into account, then I can leave all this behind. I have other interests. Now I was very very sad to stop buying these, but I'm ok with it now.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you quit the line but I dont think it's that much of a pain to collect. I started late and obtained all the ones I want without too much trouble. It will be a little more difficult if you want to pay what Matty charged on a retired fig from 2-3 years ago but if you like the line, accept there are HTF and expensive figs in every toy line(well there is no HTF figs in MOTUC) then this line is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    I was looking at Fisto on Ebay. God bless.
    I'm missing Fisto in my collection and want him badly. I'm considering selling some stuff on eBay just to build up enough in my Paypal account to buy him. I did the same thing for Shadow Weaver. It stinks, but somehow it stings less for me to do it that way than to let the money come right out of my paycheck.

I do feel like Fisto and Sorceress they should try to figure out a way to make them available again because of the fact that not even every subscriber got him.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I do feel like Fisto and Sorceress they should try to figure out a way to make them available again because of the fact that not even every subscriber got him.
    Yeah I will never understand their thinking on Fisto. If they wanted him to be that rare they should have just made him the exclusive.

His figure is almost like a punishment to fans since some fans who actually did as Mattel asked by buying the sub got screwed.

I don't buy any kind of monetary excuse because they would easily recoup any money for a reissue, more so then any reissue they actually greenlit to date.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah I will never understand their thinking on Fisto. If they wanted him to be that rare they should have just made him the exclusive.

His figure is almost like a punishment to fans since some fans who actually did as Mattel asked by buying the sub got screwed.

I don't buy any kind of monetary excuse because they would easily recoup any money for a reissue, more so then any reissue they actually greenlit to date.
    I don't think it's punishment but just a screw up that won't be rectified because it's not fiscally advantages for them to do so. Somewhere along the way the powers that be saw the returns and said no to reissues, it's probably not even TGs call anymore. Collateral damage is always unfortunate in any theatre.

I'm sure Teela, Fisto, and Sorceress would sell better than most reissues but it's probably not enough to justify the entire production run that the factories would require. Mattel's WWE designers once posted that the factories charge a minimum fee for 20,000 units to cover the costs of getting all the molds, plastic, and people in place to produce all this stuff. When they make 20,000+ units, this price is fine but when you have a lower production run, the costs become higher because of that base minimum. That's why internet exclusives are always about $10 more expensive than their retail counterparts. They still pay for 20K units even if they're only making 10-15K.

I'd guess that MOTUC is in a similar situation. We may see a new run of Teelas and Fistos as easy money but if only 3000 of a 10000 unit run actually sells, it's a big loss in anybody's book especially when they'd be sold at $27 and not the going eBay prices; Companies never benefit from the secondary market prices!

Heroic Warrior

While I know some subscribers missed him due to getting a Sorceress in place of him, others simply had their subscriptions canceled because their cards were declined or an account problem. I also know Fisto was available day of sale as I bought extras of both him and Sorceress. It's not like there are more Stinkors, Spikors, Kobra Khans, or Mekanecks than Fisto and they all came out in the same year? I guess it's the 2 display options and overall incredible figure that Fisto is that makes him so desired?

He's a popular Vintage character as well. His face sculpt is one of the best. And has the greatest gimmick ever, punching people with a large iron fist.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    While I know some subscribers missed him due to getting a Sorceress in place of him, others simply had their subscriptions canceled because their cards were declined or an account problem. I also know Fisto was available day of sale as I bought extras of both him and Sorceress. It's not like there are more Stinkors, Spikors, Kobra Khans, or Mekanecks than Fisto and they all came out in the same year? I guess it's the 2 display options and overall incredible figure that Fisto is that makes him so desired?
    Yeah, Fisto is practically two different Fisto figures in one. Some fans brought doubles to display him both ways. I know I did.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    I have 2 loose Fisto figures and bought another as a Bday gift for a buddy. I had 1 via sub and bought the 2 extra on sale day. Was he a quick sell out too? Could have sworn he lasted a pretty long 10 min or so
    Honestly I just checked the Bay, I had no clue he was going for that much on the secondary market. If Matty makes a Stridor I bet Fisto goes up even more.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I'm sure Teela, Fisto, and Sorceress would sell better than most reissues but it's probably not enough to justify the entire production run that the factories would require. Mattel's WWE designers once posted that the factories charge a minimum fee for 20,000 units to cover the costs of getting all the molds, plastic, and people in place to produce all this stuff. When they make 20,000+ units, this price is fine but when you have a lower production run, the costs become higher because of that base minimum. That's why internet exclusives are always about $10 more expensive than their retail counterparts. They still pay for 20K units even if they're only making 10-15K.

I'd guess that MOTUC is in a similar situation. We may see a new run of Teelas and Fistos as easy money but if only 3000 of a 10000 unit run actually sells, it's a big loss in anybody's book especially when they'd be sold at $27 and not the going eBay prices; Companies never benefit from the secondary market prices!
    I have a feeling what mattel wants to do is get 75-90% of the people who want X figure the figure. (taking people who get multiples as multiple individuals for this line), when they did actual reissues they found out they hit something like 150% when they were initially at something like 75%. And this is the problem that figures like Teela and Fisto have, they are at something like 75% saturation and they would need to be at a point of only 50% or lower to justify making a new issue of the figure.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Agreed. There is just no excuse for this...

Exactly. There really is no good reason NOT to re-release a figure that even those who subscribed (so they wouldn't miss a figure) missed due to a gaff on Matty's end...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    If he doesn't get a second run (which he likely won't) we may still see a re-release of remaining stock. Mattel has backup stock in case defective figures are sold and after a while releases that stock. I'd imagine that to go even faster but we could still see him again.