Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping costs today

Quote Originally Posted by misterzaku View Post
    Really?? $21.70 for both Ram Man and Jitsu?

Sounds like you got yourself a deal compared to us Canadians
    I paid $28.65 shipping to Edmonton, that`s fricken nuts last time I ordered in 2011 shipping was $9 per figure and combined when you bought more than one

No matter where you live, it shouldn't cost an additional $8-13 to add an additional STANDARD figure to the box. Yeah, it adds weight, blah blah blah...but you're supposed to save on combined shipments. Not add $8-13

Ram Man is a bit of an exception because he's larger, but I can tell you from owning him that he's not as heavy as people seem to think he is.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Ram Man is the king of the shipping cost. Battle Cat close in second place.

Even if it was 2 standard figures, the total package weight is going to be right around 2 pounds. Go to USPS.com and select your country from the drop down box and put in 2 pounds for the weight and check out the First Class Mail shipping prices. I know that Mattel gets a discount on shipping, but it's not like they pay 50% less than the retail prices. USPS jacked up rates big time on January 27. It's not Mattel lining their pockets here.

Guys, I don't need to go to USPS to know if it is right or not, if the cost is correct, I'm fine with it, what I don't understand is how come in the page where I summited my credit card info showed 12.95 and after, my invoice (recevied by email) shows 30.15. That makes no sense. I should be able to see exactly how much I'm paying BEFORE paying, right? No big deal anyways
    Emile

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Even if it was 2 standard figures, the total package weight is going to be right around 2 pounds. Go to USPS.com and select your country from the drop down box and put in 2 pounds for the weight and check out the First Class Mail shipping prices. I know that Mattel gets a discount on shipping, but it's not like they pay 50% less than the retail prices. USPS jacked up rates big time on January 27. It's not Mattel lining their pockets here.
    I wish I could choose for USPS. I wouldn't have to wait 60+ days to get my figures. DR is not using USPS.
    Right now for Ram-man I am paying retail USPS prices to a company that would get a discount on those rates, but shifted to a cheaper solution that takes a 2 months and ships everything to Sweden first.

Luckily I have a bud in the US now that ships the figures to me loose every 3-4 months. That saves me on shipping a bit, but the biggest costsaver for me is the taxes I dont have to pay.

I understand shipping prices went up, seeing it on the check-out page just made it very real, lol.
    I can understand if people can't afford these figures anymore. It is becoming an expensive hobby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EMILE View Post
    Guys, I don't need to go to USPS to know if it is right or not, if the cost is correct, I'm fine with it, what I don't understand is how come in the page where I summited my credit card info showed 12.95 and after, my invoice (recevied by email) shows 30.15. That makes no sense. I should be able to see exactly how much I'm paying BEFORE paying, right? No big deal anyways
    If you aren't completely logged on yet, Matty shows you the ground shipping price. I think that is what you saw.
    If you the fill out the billing information and country, it changes the shipping. You were probably scrolled down to the bottom of the page.

I know most of you are international, and damn, I feel for you guys....

I was charged 11.05 USPS for both my figures together....Last year for 2 figures together it was $10.55 USPS....But I know Ram Man is heavier than a second regular figure....I mean this is only a $.50 difference for this shipment including Ram-Man. Now an single figure vs last year USPS is $1.20 difference, a little ridiculous in my opinion.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    nope it's the exact same price "International Post" to Canada both were 21.70 for me as well.
    Not for me:

(International Post)

I'm from Ontario, if that makes any difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If I'm misinformed here someone please correct me, but doesn't Mattel/DR use "Mail On The Move" and NOT USPS for their international shipments? Or am I mistaken?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

$14 for 2 Ram Mans & 1 Jitsu. Shipped to the Midwest.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by misterzaku View Post
    Not for me:

http://i4.minus.com/ibmfDUYNJZC8xK.jpg

(International Post)

I'm from Ontario, if that makes any difference.
    Same thing happened to me, My sub was 21.50 or w/e and the order today was almost $30, I canceled the order from today because it's ridiculous for these extra charges out of nowhere with no answers. I'm from Ontario as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    If any side of the box is longer than 12", you pay more.

Not necessarily. They use 12" as the measure because there's three dimensions of a box. Use a box that's 12x12x12 and you're fine because it equals 36".

Use a box that's 14x11x11 and you're fine because it equals 36" even though one side is higher then 12".

Use a box that's 12x12x13 and you're obviously over.

The system needs the number 12 because it's at that number to where it becomes "possible" to go over depending on the other dimensions. Any number below it is meaningless since no configuration would exceed 36".