Thread: AFA Y80 Teela 8 back

Hybrid View

AFA Y80 Teela 8 back

Anyone know what the value of this item is and is anyone interested in buying it?
    New Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage and Classics

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

I have one listed on ebay right now for $450 with a buy it now for $500. It has the Tale of Teela Comic. It is priced low to try and move it, there is an AFA 85 one listed for $1,250 a few months ago so based it on that.

No way your the only person here with an opinion. Anyone else? Could it go for $350 or maybe $600? I mean it is an 8 back right?
    New Collector:

Heroic Warrior
    An AFA rating only means something to the people who think it means something. This discussion has taken place here before.

There is nothing official or remotely professional about the AFA grading system. It is a private company who display no credentials or proof of expertise on their website. They've also been known to change their unchangeable grading system.

Nothing is worth an extra $1000 just because it's in a hard case.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    An AFA rating only means something to the people who think it means something. This discussion has taken place here before.

There is nothing official or remotely professional about the AFA grading system. It is a private company who display no credentials or proof of expertise on their website. They've also been known to change their unchangeable grading system.

Ok, then with that said, what is the going rate for a teela 8 back in about c-8 condition with yellow bubble?
    New Collector:

Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    Ok, then with that said, what is the going rate for a teela 8 back in about c-8 condition with yellow bubble?
    A picture of the figure will help a lot to answer your question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post

It's arguable how much extra worth a figure has if graded by AFA but IMO it's unquestionable that a graded figure it's more worthy than a figure which has not been graded.
    Eternian Collector

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree. If the grading were by a recognised body with expertise then maybe, but not when it's by a private company with no credentials just using their own method.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk