Thread: 200x sculpts better than MOTUC sculpts?

Hybrid View

200x sculpts better than MOTUC sculpts?

Sorry if this has been talked about before.

How do you guys feel about the 200X MOTU sculpts vs the 2008 line? I for one, although I have many of my original figures that I loved, I prefer the Four Horsemen design of Skeletor. I like the look/sculpt of his face, much more threatening as a villian. I like the way the body was done, the muscles, the armor. I just really love those designs versus the "round lolipop" head look of Skeletor in the 2008 line. I loved the new Zodac versus even the original ( I was never big on the feet, LOL!). But don't get me wrong I do like some of the new characters and their design/sculpt from the 2008 line like the Snakemen 2 pack. So what are you thoughts? I'd like to know.
    Last edited by Jorvak; February 24, 2013 at 09:05pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Randor for sure.

overall the 200x style is my favourite. the exception is he-man and teela which i prefer the classics.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    overall the 200x style is my favourite. the exception is he-man and teela which i prefer the classics.
    I have to say I agree with that, I wasn't too thrilled with the page boy hair style He-Man, LOL! I like the vintage line look for some of the characters, but not all. The 200x style/sculpts to the snakemen, whiplash, Mer-man, Clawful and Triklops to mention a few really gave them the more serious, detailed look that made them appear more threatening to He-Man. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who really liked the 200x sculpts.

The best of scuplts was the statues. To prove that ( My girlfriend hates my toys and she really likes the mini statues). I would have prefered that quality scult and paint applications compared to motuc style. Neca and 4 horsemen did amazing jobs on those minus the one bad paint app (evillyns face ,jitsu ponytail) and the drooping figures syndrom from the plastic. The He-man statue where he hold the sword up is my favorite he-man ever!!! ALL of the horde where way better as well as rest of the mini statues, EVIL LYN!!!!!, King hiss, BUZZ OFF 200x styles are much more prefered. The rest I kinda like the motuc versions of the rest of the figues best . I hated the hyper style . I wish the toys in 200x didnt have the slouch they had. The hyper (bent over slightly look) didnt seem as noticeable in the ministaues. The 200x classic colors sorceress statue is awesome but i have to say i do love motcu sorceress just as much. Just my opioion

Quote Originally Posted by Jorvak View Post
    I have to say I agree with that, I wasn't too thrilled with the page boy hair style He-Man, LOL! I like the vintage line look for some of the characters, but not all. The 200x style/sculpts to the snakemen, whiplash, Mer-man, Clawful and Triklops to mention a few really gave them the more serious, detailed look that made them appear more threatening to He-Man. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who really liked the 200x sculpts.
    yep it's nice to not be alone
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I thought the 4H did a fantastic job with the 200x line and it is by far my favourite line.

I loved the action figures and then was totally blown away by the stactions and the statues!

A fan, not a nostalgic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorvak View Post
    Sorry if this has been talked about before.

How do you guys feel about the 200X MOTU sculpts vs the 2008 line? I for one, although I have many of my original figures that I loved, I prefer the Four Horsemen design of Skeletor. I like the look/sculpt of his face, much more threatening as a villian. I like the way the body was done, the muscles, the armor. I just really love those designs versus the "round lolipop" head look of Skeletor in the 2008 line. I loved the new Zodac versus even the original ( I was never big on the feet, LOL!). But don't get me wrong I do like some of the new characters and their design/sculpt from the 2008 line like the Snakemen 2 pack. So what are you thoughts? I'd like to know.
    I feel exactly the same way, and if a character is available in both 200X and MOTUC variants, my favorite version is inevitably the 200X one. They are better sculpted AND they have action features, so they have more aesthetic value as well as more play value. I really wish the 200X series had continued to show the entire storyline, including the Second Ultimate Battleground, the New Adventures and Son Of He-Man parts, because the goal with the 200X line was to create something that was cool on its own, while the only reason for the MOTUC line to exist (except for rare exceptions) is to pander to nostalgics.
    Last edited by Devil Master; March 3, 2013 at 06:58am.

Snappy Threader
    In my opinion, Classics is far better than 200x...but.....if 200x had the same articulation as Classics.......the race would be a lot closer.

Totally different styles. Impossible for me to compare. Like apples and oranges. And I love both apples and oranges.
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Yes I would agree its the apples and oranges theory. Now a harder debate would be the motu vs motuc. Articulation over play features and so on.
    200x is a beautiful line. I still think of collecting it now. The MYP cartoon is amazing and Mattel did such a great job AGAIN.

The sculpts of 200X are MOTU to me. I Love me some classics but being a child of the 90s the overly detailed sculpts and unique designs are my preference. I cannot think of one figure from classics i like more than the 200X version.