Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 200x sculpts better than MOTUC sculpts?

Heroic Warrior
    I loved the 200x line. Roboto has to be one of my favorites. Not a big fan of the classics version. Wasn't a big fan of the original either. But my favorite by far is the BA Heman station. I wish we could get some 200x figures mixed in with the classics. Figures like 200x keldor would be amazing.

I also love the 200x line, both the action figures as well as the stations. Kinda sand they dropped them :-(
    I would love to have Count Marzo, Chief Carnivus, Dekker, King Grayskull, Evil Seed, Queen Marlena, The Faceless One and multiples more designed by the 4H!!!! Same for the TV show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detailed sculpts are always awesome as it gave more uniqueness to the characters.

as statues, 200x was great- my skeletor statue has proved to be one of the great conversation pieces of my collection. for figures though, i far prefer classics.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

In my opinion Hordak,Grizzlor,Trap-Jaw and Robot are way too much superior over their respective classics counterpart in terms of sculpt.
    Where are they? Where are your friends now? Tell me about the loneliess of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    The designs? That's another argument altogether and should be stated as such by anyone comparing the two in this thread.

Sculpt-wise, the 4H sculpts were much better in 200x than they are in MOTUC, on almost every level.

The MOTUCs are better figures, as action figures, but I also feel that the 200x stuff would have benefited from a much larger scale. To anyone who has seen the 2-ups in person, or any of the 2-up scale busts or statues NECA put out, I feel that's the ideal scale to appreciate the work the 4H did, and to grasp the true feel of the line.

I mean, MOTUC is a great line, and the sculpting is serviceable, but there's almost no instance where the 4H have really been able to showcase their talents. To provide a music analogy (and realizing MotU is an existing property): MOTUC is more like doing covers and 200x was more like original material.

I think it depends on the character, I couldn't blanket say that all 200X are better or vice versa. I think the monster characters like Clawful were served well by the more hyper anime detailing but the more human looking characters I prefer with a more vintage look.

I like hyper anime style but most of the time I do prefer MOTUC design. At the same time many of the sculpts for 200X are better, not just more detailed but they really give the vintage characters improvements or something classics failed to do. Leech, Webstor, Clawful come to mind.

I feel that the 4H were able to more with the 200X line and Mattel has restrained them more(which I wish they wouldn't do) with classics.

Now I'll reverse myself by saying I prefer MOTUC Jitsu. I guess many feel his head is not reminiscent enough of vintage while missing the flavor of 200X Jitsu. I thought Classics Jitsu and Ram Man succeeded with new aspects.
    200X Clawful and Trap Jaw didn't seem overbalanced with their hyper anime to me.

Besides He-Man and King Hiss, 200X was so much better.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I mainly stick with my 200X figures because there's no way in hell I can afford the classics figures T_T OTherwise I would totally at least have a classics He-Man and She-Ra.
    That said, even if I could, I would prefer my 200X Grayskull over the upcoming Classics one. I don't care how big it is, mine friggin' TALKS!

Bit of a love-hate relationship with the sculpts of the 200X characters. On one hand i'm not the biggest fan of hyper-anime style but on the other i am a fan of the update of certain characters such as Hordak, King Hiss plus the other Snake Men and Jitsu for example but none other than Roboto himself. I wish there was a 15-inch sculpt of Roboto like the very few NECA made of this size. I think that would've been outta this world!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Yeah the size and minimal paint ops really neutered the potential of the 200x Roboto figure. The sculpt detailing and design was awesome though, and absolutely it would've been amazing to see as a deluxe statue. Heck, even a Staction woulda been sweet. Still can't believe how bland and underwhelming MOTUC Roboto turned out.

Whiplash
    Rattlor

Seriously, those guys blow so many other figures out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Yeah the size and minimal paint ops really neutered the potential of the 200x Roboto figure. The sculpt detailing and design was awesome though, and absolutely it would've been amazing to see as a deluxe statue. Heck, even a Staction woulda been sweet. Still can't believe how bland and underwhelming MOTUC Roboto turned out.
    Totally agree re: a staction or a large statue.

Yeah, saddened that the end result wasn't typical FH goodness like a Trap-Jaw or someone like that. Would loved to have seen at least just one bit of homage to the 200X version with either a second head or chest armour if anything.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

The 200X sculpts I feel are better than the MOTUC...

-Skeletor
    -Beast Man
    -Teela
    -King Randor
    -Stratos
    -Snake Face
    -Kobra Kahn
    -Stinkor
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Agreed! 200x is by far the best MOTU figures out there in terms of sculpt. I just love that line....heck I don't even mind the limited articulation or some of the poses. I do wish they got the better paints we see in the MOTUC line. Of course, we see the 200x version in all its glory in the NECA staction line! Still wish they could continue that line in some form!