Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mysteries of King He-Man unsolved for now!!!

Mysteries of King He-Man unsolved for now!!!

For those of us fans that wandered as kids what He-Man/Adam would look like as an old man we get our wish with the King He-Man figure .

As cool as this figure looks,there are still some unanswered questions,( storyline wise ) about this futuristic version of He-Man . Which are ...........

(1) What's with the scar on He-Man's left eyebrow ? It looks like a battle scar but who or what caused it ?

(2) Why is'nt he King Adam ? My guess is as Adam he would be to weak to be a fighter at his advanced age. But as He-Man,even at an advanced age,still has the super strength to fight off evil . He may be old now but he still has his super strength .

(3) How can he be married to Teela when she is the new Soceress of Grayskull and he's at the Royal Palace ?

(4) When this era of MOTU was first discussed,we were originally told that Dare was He-Man's adopted son . But His MOTU Classic bio makes it seems as if Dare is his blood child with Teela . Which one is it Mattel,is he adopted or a birth child ?

(5) Where is BattleCat/Cringer during this era ? Maybe Dare as the new He-Man of Eternia now rides BattleCat .

(6) If Skeletor is finally defeated for good,who is the new mysterious threat to Eternia?

(7) Does Dare carry the same sword of power as He-Man or does he has his own primary weapon?

(8) Also how is Skeletor defeated for good? King He-Man's bio mentions this but does'nt say how? Is he in prison or what? (NOTE) Whatever it is as long as Mattel don't kill Skeletor off this would anger a lot of fans,plus He-Man is no murderer. I'd like to think He-Man used his power sword to transfer Skeletor to Despondos . This way Skeletor is still alive but will be trapped in Despondos forever unless someone frees him like they did Hordak.

I'm pretty sure a lot if not all of these questions may be answered by Mattel soon .
    Last edited by christop; February 16, 2013 at 10:21am.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Heroic Warrior
    "Keep reading the bios."

If he is married to Teela, maybe they're both at Castle Grayskull instead of He-Man being in the Royal Palace (haven't read his bio, so I might be wrong). Or maybe Teela is with him in the Royal Palace, still serving as the Sorceress and keeping an eye on Castle Grayskull from afar.

Ha haa. Makes sense. Never thought of it that way. Good observation.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Quote Originally Posted by christop View Post
    For those of us fans that wandered as kids what He-Man/Adam would look like as an old man we get our wish with the King He-Man figure .

As cool as this figure looks,there are still some unanswered questions,( storyline wise ) about this futuristic version of He-Man . Which are ...........

(1) What's with the scar on He-Man's left eyebrow ? It looks like a battle scar but who or what caused it ?

(2) Why is'nt he King Adam ? My guess is as Adam he would be to weak to be a fighter at his advanced age. But as He-Man,even at an advanced age,still has the super strength to fight off evil . He may be old now but he still has his super strength .

(3) How can he be married to Teela when she is the new Soceress of Grayskull and he's at the Royal Palace ?

(4) When this era of MOTU was first discussed,we were originally told that Dare was He-Man's adopted son . But His MOTU Classic bio makes it seems as if Dare is his blood child with Teela . Which one is it Mattel,is he adopted or a birth child ?

(5) Where is BattleCat/Cringer during this era ? Maybe Dare as the new He-Man of Eternia now rides BattleCat .

(6) If Skeletor is finally defeated for good,who is the new mysterious threat to Eternia?

(7) Does Dare carry the same sword of power as He-Man or does he has his own primary weapon?

I'm pretty sure a lot if not all of these questions may be answered by Mattel soon .
    For one, this is why the bios suck....

Dare is supposed to have THE Power Sword last I heard, and that is why KHM has the crap ass, damaged 200X one. If I was opening mine, he would certainly be displayed with one of the non silver Power Swords, like maybe an extra TPHM I have. I might even be tempted to swap the KHM buck for the TPHM one, and just swap boots.

And is it really necessary for He-Man to have grown a beard, I mean is it a prerequisite to be King?

Also, I'm sorry, the power of He-Man lies in the sword, if he no longer possess the sword and Dare is the new He-Man, he should have been King Adam, not He-Man, so that is what I'll be calling him. Besides He-Man should be like the Dread Pirate Roberts, And it would add to his mysticism....Yet he's now called He-Ro? We already had a He-Ro, and I don't want to see any time travel ******** that says He-Ro was really Adam's son, and his ancestor at the same time....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    "Keep reading the bios."

If he is married to Teela, maybe they're both at Castle Grayskull instead of He-Man being in the Royal Palace (haven't read his bio, so I might be wrong). Or maybe Teela is with him in the Royal Palace, still serving as the Sorceress and keeping an eye on Castle Grayskull from afar.
    As far as that goes, maybe the Palace got destroyed in the war.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Very good questions! I was thinking some of them myself. The only thing that bothers me from the beginning is that he should be King Adam. He man is an alter ego created by the powers of Grayskull. He man is not he heir to the crown, Adam is. And I don't think Adam is weak at least he has the same body as He Man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    And is it really necessary for He-Man to have grown a beard, I mean is it a prerequisite to be King?
    Yes

Also, I'm sorry, the power of He-Man lies in the sword,
    No.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Warrior
    1: Probably picked it up in his last battle with Skeletor.

2: I'm sure we'll get that explained in a later bio. I strongly believe that after coming back from his New Adventures, having defeated Skeletor for good, as well as She-Ra defeating Horde Prime, at least Adam reveals himself to be He-Man. No need for the "disguise" any longer, Adam is recognized as the bravest warrior on Eternia and takes his father's place as King. Normally yes, he'd be King Adam, but as most know he is He-Man as well, it's easier and more common to just call him King He-Man.

3: King Grayskull was married to Queen Veena, who became the first Sorceress of Grayskull. I see either her abandoning Grayskull to be with King He-Man at the palace, or they relocate to Grayskull and fix the castle up, as in the days of King Grayskull.

4: Looks like Dare is He-Man and Teela's son. That makes the most sense. No strange adoption, or foundling. He is of the bloodline of King Grayskull. My question is, he has the Power of Grayskull...but does he also have the power of the Sorceress? Is he more powerful than his mother and father?

5: I'm sure he's around somewhere. Just as He-Man doesn't need to be Adam anymore, Battle Cat doesn't need to be Cringer. So he'll be more like Panthor, always by his master's side, sans armor.

6: There's lots of threats still out there. My money is on Skeletor and Evil Lyn's son or daughter(I'd rather see a daughter) coming back from the future. You also still have plenty of Evil Warriors. I'd love to see the daughter of Skeletor and Evil Lyn come back to reclaim Snake Mountain.

7: I believe it's already been stated that the Power Sword is passed down to Dare. That's one of the reasons King He-Man has the rusty, broken down electronic Power Sword.

All in all, I'm very excited to see/hear/read about the King He-Man era in MOTUC.

#1 a parting gift from skeletor

#3 wasn't king greyskull married to veena in the 20xx cartoon.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Posted before I read the posts from the thread
    Last edited by Mophead; February 16, 2013 at 10:37am.

In the VINTAGE mini comic "The search for Keldor" Sorceress can transform outside the castle and evens says since the towers arrive things have changed and from that comic on she has been outside Castle Grayskull pretty much.

When the Sorceress wasn´t trapped in Castle Grayskull anymore why should Teela be?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

part of the question can be answered with another question

what is the relationship to He-man and Adam?

Is He-man a superpowered Adam?
    Is He-man a personality who over writes Adam?
    Is He-man who Adam becomes when the power awakens within him, the power sword just letting him tap into that?

The last seemed to the way they were going with 200x. The movie could be seen as having gone that way.

He also comes with the 200x power sword model, could be he is using that and Dare gets the original.
    Last edited by wyldman11; February 16, 2013 at 11:33am.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I am not that good when it goes the NA but i think the answer lays there it was either the cartoon or NA mini comics I want to say Adam became He-Man all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by christop View Post
    In the New Adventures comics Adam transforms into Galactic Protector He-Man in front of Skeletor, revealing his secret identity in the process. It's implied that this time the change is permanent. He also tells his parents that he is He-Man in the NA cartoon series. Without a secret identity, the people of Eternia would realise that the champion and hero who has defended them is also their future king.

As a title, King He-Man carries more weight than King Adam and would be more intimidating to his foes, as well as reminding his people that they have a strong brave ruler they can believe in. I'm sure Teela, Adora and his parents would still call him Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yes

No.
    How is it no, Adam would be just Adam without that sword, unless he buffed up and took part a few Worlds Strongest Eternian competitions. That sword is the source of He-Man's power.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    In the New Adventures comics Adam transforms into Galactic Protector He-Man in front of Skeletor, revealing his secret identity in the process. It's implied that this time the change is permanent. He also tells his parents that he is He-Man in the NA cartoon series. Without a secret identity, the people of Eternia would realise that the champion and hero who has defended them is also their future king.

As a title, King He-Man carries more weight than King Adam and would be more intimidating to his foes, as well as reminding his people that they have a strong brave ruler they can believe in. I'm sure Teela, Adora and his parents would still call him Adam.
    Yes, but no matter what the bios say, if you don't acknowledge NA, this is moot. I know Classics is driven by the bios, but the whole Adam leaves Eternia for space thing is just stupid. Only to come back and have to fight more crap at home....that likely wouldn't have happened if he didn't leave to chase Skeletor across the stars.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I'm not sure if I like the way He-Man looks with a beard. I guess I always pictured He-man looking more like King Grayskull than King Randor as king. I picture He-Man and Teela spending some time hopping back and forth between locations and sometimes being separated. The biggest question for me is: will King Grayskull's skin tone match the original MOTUC He-Man. I doubt so but I really wish it would. If it matched, I'd love to slap the gold bracelets onto regular He-Man like the Earl Norem paintings.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    part of the question can be answered with another question

what is the relationship to He-man and Adam?

Is He-man a superpowered Adam?
    Is He-man a personality who over writes Adam?
    Is He-man who Adam becomes when the power awakens within him, the power sword just letting him tap into that?

The last seemed to the way they were going with 200x. The movie could be seen as having gone that way.

He also comes with the 200x power sword model, could be he is using that and Dare gets the original.
    Which is why I like Adam being a kid, like in the 200x continuity.

As for the questions:

Probably in a final battle with Skeletor to make the scar more meaningful

Because He-Man is who he is supposed to be. Adam is who he would have been if there was peace all of his life but with him being in battle for the largest part of his life made him take the name He-Man. He earned it after all.

It's probably why Dare isn't called He-Man like his predecessors. King He-Man is the end all of the He-Men. I suppose.[/COLOR]

He's the King of Castle Grayskull.. Stands to reason he lives there, just as King Grayskull himself.

I am guessing they are going to leave this one open... I am thinking adopted though.

Probably enjoying retirement or dead. Perhaps Skeletor killed him in the final battle.

[COLOR="#B22222"]Skelly's son, the one that got sent to the future with Evil Lyn. Perhaps even Evil Lyn herself.

We'll find out when we get Dare. I say when, because I am pretty sure Mattel will do him. Why else make a sticker with his name on it? Also it's a good way to introduce a smaller teen buck which can be used with 200x Adam and Lizzardman.

(8) Also how is Skeletor defeated for good? King He-Man's bio mentions this but does'nt say how? Is he in prison or what? (NOTE) Whatever it is as long as Mattel don't kill Skeletor off this would anger a lot of fans,plus He-Man is no murderer. I'd like to think He-Man used his power sword to transfer Skeletor to Despondos . This way Skeletor is still alive but will be trapped in Despondos forever unless someone frees him like they did Hordak.

I bet He-Man did kill him. You might not think he is a killer but he is a barbarian with a huge sword. He doesn't kill when he doesn't have to but you "kill"more people if you let a force of evil wreak havoc on everyone you know. Besides, someone killing you precious green pet will give you that extra nudge needed to pull the proverbial trigger.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Hopefully the NA bio sheds some light on these questions
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

How can King He-Man be married to Teela when FROSTA MURDERS HER IN HER SLEEP the night before the wedding?!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I'm not sure if I like the way He-Man looks with a beard. I guess I always pictured He-man looking more like King Grayskull than King Randor as king. I picture He-Man and Teela spending some time hopping back and forth between locations and sometimes being separated. The biggest question for me is: will King Grayskull's skin tone match the original MOTUC He-Man. I doubt so but I really wish it would. If it matched, I'd love to slap the gold bracelets onto regular He-Man like the Earl Norem paintings.
    I don't particularly like him with a beard myself, nor do I like the NA He-Man with a ponytail....and as far as that face....eh, they should have used the original He-Man face, and just sculpted a new hair piece for him, the same for King He-Man, or at least make 2 heads.

They have the original He-Man face, they sculpted the new King head, all they needed to do was modify a peg onto the He-Man face and the same with the King face and have 2 faces and one hair / crown piece, they did it with Vykron, that way you could choose older scarred beard face or no a still younger looking beard free face, but the hair would age him, but the younger face could be aged by paint deco.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I would say the villain also would be Skelly's son who feels his father was robbed of the throne. there are other possible villains to go along with as needed, from He-man's villains to family members of them to all new threats.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I agree: parting gift from Uncle.

I also like the notion that he just becomes He-Man eventually, and he rules from Grayskull alongside his bride.

See above...

Could still be adopted, the son of Adora and...? Sea Hawk? Bow? Gwildor?

I'd love for Dare to chum up with BC. I hope he isn't dead!

Dare gets the Sword. Adam/KHM uses the techno sword.

I like the idea of him banished to some other realm, always coaxing his son as Hordak instructed young Kekdor.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Simple answer. Teela was never into Adam, she always thought he was a slacker. She was however REALLY into He-Man. What's a guy gonna do?

Didn't I hear from NYTF 2013 that He-Man killed Skeletor on Trolla?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Which is why I like Adam being a kid, like in the 200x continuity.
    Even as I recall in filmation and MOTUC he is aroudn 18, still pretty young. Filmation they just reused the He-man design to cut costs on animation. Most 18 year olds aren't that bulking even if they have been working out, that is often something that doesn't start to show up for a few more years.

How is it no, Adam would be just Adam without that sword, unless he buffed up and took part a few Worlds Strongest Eternian competitions. That sword is the source of He-Man's power.

Yes, but no matter what the bios say, if you don't acknowledge NA, this is moot. I know Classics is driven by the bios, but the whole Adam leaves Eternia for space thing is just stupid. Only to come back and have to fight more crap at home....that likely wouldn't have happened if he didn't leave to chase Skeletor across the stars.
    If he didn't go into space after Skeletor then skeletor could have came back after he amassed a mutant army like the horde and taken over Eternia. He couldn't let skeletor go out and do what he tried to do to Eternia on some other innocent planet/galaxy. It makes complete sense to me.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Another possibility for villains could be using some of the filmation figures as villains for Dare.

I could also see next years 6 figure sub being Dare son of He-man, with Dare, Son of Keldor, Teela Sorceress, Duncan's replacement, a new Trollan (Dree Elle) packed with someone else, and another villain, possibly a movie henchman such as Blade.

But being as it's mattel, Teela would be the standard sub exclusive and she would be replaced by someone no one likes.
    Last edited by wyldman11; February 16, 2013 at 12:52pm.