View Poll Results: How would you want to see Evilseed released in MOTUC?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filmation Evilseed

23 11.06%
  • MYP Evilseed

80 38.46%
  • 2 in 1 Evilseed (packed out like Queen Marlena and Captain Glenn)

81 38.94%
  • Both versions sold separately in MOTUC

8 3.85%
  • I don't want Evilseed in MOTUC

16 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you want to see Evilseed released in MOTUC?

How would you want to see Evilseed released in MOTUC?

How would you want to see Evilseed released in MOTUC?

I personally would like to have both versions in MOTUC but am not really interested to purchasing him as two separate items. I would be willing to pay extra to have him packed out similar to Queen Marlena and Captain Glenn.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

I would just want the MYP version.

Ideally, they would make 2 figures because they are so different in appearance and color. If they did a Glenn/Marlena hybrid version, I doubt they would fit on a standard card. Not sure if that would work with the new road map, so I have to be greedy and just vote for MYP version.

I'd like to see both but if push came to shove then the 200X version would suffice for me.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I really want EVIL SEED, and I would probably buy any version they do.

Technically, the MYP version is much cooler looking, but the FILMATION version is kinda creepy in it's own weird way. They're both really neat, and I know the HORSEMEN could knock either of them out of the park.

Ideally, I guess I would want both: A heavier, meatier, 200X version, and a skinny, 'plant-like' version.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 15, 2013 at 12:08am.
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

I prefer an evil version of Mossman over any artichoke.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Bring on MYP Evilseed! No artichoke for me.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    MYP Evil Seed is the superior version to me...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

2-in-1 would be best to please everyone. He's a plant so they can explain the different looks by shape-shifting or whatever.

My preferred version of Evilseed is FILMation, but I voted for a 2 in 1 like Queen Marlena.

Make the body and head 200X stlye and include a robe and FILMation head, then we have the best of both.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

2 in 1. I think it would be simple, considering the Filmation one is mostly a cloak, hands, and head. His accessories can consist of the head and cloak, interchangeable arms, and maybe some other tangle arms. The body wouldn't even need to change 'cause it would be hidden under the cloak for the Filmation version.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow. I didn't know I was so outnumbered in wanting the Filmation version. The Filmation version feels more iconic and looks more original imo.

The 200X Evilseed is too "90's comic character" for me. He looks like a bad Spawn toy.

I prefer the Filmation look over the bland MYP style, but would love to see a hybrid or 2 in 1.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

The Filmation version has so much more character and would fit in with MOTUC much better than the 200X design. Look at characters like Faceless One, Chief Carnivus, and even Lord Dactys...they are all great figures, but they just seem like they are from a different toy line because of their design. While, on the reverse, the Filmation style characters fit in extremely well. So, I prefer Filmation, easily.

But, the best solution is the following, and it would make everyone happy; release Evilseed as a SDCC exclusive multipack:

Figure #1 - Filmation Evilseed with sculpted cloak body ( like Shadow Weaver), thin fingered hands, and artichoke head.

Figure #2 - MYP Evilseed, with the muscular build with leaf ridges and thorns/vine covered body.

Figure #3 - Concept "bulb" body for Filmation Evilseed, withexposed arms and vine legs; capable of using the same artichoke head from figure #1.

With this, you get a highly requested villain out, pleasing both the Filmation fans AND the MYP fans, PLUS the concept art fans, and no one feels like they missed their favorite version.

I also think that, because it is unlikely that we will see a Filmation variant of Count Marzo, it is only fair that we receive the Filmation version of Evilseed. At least first.

Combining the two designs WILL NOT WORK. That will only compromise the look of each design and the figure would look like crap.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; August 15, 2013 at 11:07pm.

While I appreciate both versions of the character, my vote went to MYP because I like the design better, and he was a more prominent character in the MYP show in
    comparison.

MYP all the way...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    both options in one package
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

I went with two in one but I only want the MYP version for myself. I'd just rather they try for both options.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I would go for both versions, but I like the MYP version better.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

MYP is the one I want.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I suppose a 2 in 1 approach, I love Filmation first and....foremost, but that ES can look a little odd....but being I love Filmation and not 200X, I would not vote against having the Filmation version....so, 2 in 1 it is.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quite frankly, a 2 in 1 approach scares me. The execution was severely lacking on Marlena and Vykron. I would rather they focus on making the best MYP version possible instead of making compromises to include the Filmation look too.

MYP Evilseed, easily.

While his filmation appearance was easily one of the best episodes of Filmation He-Man, and probably the best original villian of the show, his 200x look really added the look to the man.

So MYP. At least that doesnt feel like too much to ask for.

Now mind you, I could easily see them doing a 200x Evilseed that had a Filmation Head, and a cloak that you could put on, like the suggested Marlena, and that would be just fine, no...actually really great. But expensive. But it would be quite brilliant.

But dimes to dollars I would rather just have MYP Evilseed in the hopes that that would make him more likely to come out. He is, has, and will be my number one favourite MYP original (ish) character that I want(ed) in the MOTUC line from anything done in MYP.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    would like both
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    The Filmation version has so much more character and would fit in with MOTUC much better than the 200X design. Look at characters like Faceless One, Chief Carnivus, and even Lord Dactys...they are all great figures, but they just seem like they are from a different toy line because of their design. While, on the reverse, the Filmation style characters fit in extremely well. So, I prefer Filmation, easily.
    Saying that the Filmation Evilseed would fit into MOTUC "much better than the 200X design" is kind of pushing it, isn't it?

The MYP figures you mentioned all have a majority of parts that are reused on several other figures so I don't see how they look like they're from another toy line.

As long as an MOTUC figure uses the basic bucks they fit within the MOTUC line. Now characters like Mantenna, Modulok, as well as possible future releases of Multi Bot, Rotar and Twistoid don't fit the line. They don't fit the recipe of basic buck with new head, armor, and boots.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 17, 2013 at 05:15am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

MYP for me.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."