View Poll Results: Do You Want To See Mattel Acquire the 1987 MOTU Movie Rights?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

138 64.19%
  • No

31 14.42%
  • Indifferent

45 20.93%
  • Other

1 0.47%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Want To See Mattel Acquire the 1987 MOTU Movie Rights?

Indifferent.

All of the characters I would want from the movie they already own the rights to :Blade, Saurod, & Gwildor. The only other character I would want would be Karg. He was pretty cool but to be honest, I'd rather see Mattel put more effort into the Classics line. Plus, I can think of other figures that deserve figures more before the line ends.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    "Do You Want To See Mattel Acquire the 1987 MOTU Movie Rights?"

Hmmm, how shall I put this?

Uh, YES!!!

I would be ecstatic at the news!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I voted YES, even though I would not buy a single movie character. I really don't care for the movie, and I generally don't like movie figures.

That said, these characters would make many other collectors happy, so that's cool.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

That's a big YES, beside Blade, Gwildor and suarod, I would love a movie He-man, Skeletor and Lubic.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'd be for it, but it's not a high priority to me at the moment. Might be a nice move to pull out in 2016 to add some hype to the line once we're past the "All Star Years".
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod/Multibot
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Yes, but have no intrest in anyone from Earth. I'd buy everyone else. The Air Sentry guy, Karg, Troopers, He-Man, Evil-Lyn, God Skelly & Pig-Boy would be cool to have.
    Gotta agree with my buddy CO about this one. THough a Lubic would be cool....the rest of the Earth peeps.....not much interest....

Uhmmm, I mean other than Karg and a few variants I don't see a pressing issue to have them but this is my opinion. Now for my fellow brothers and sisters of the org and every other MOTU /POP/NA/200X and other version, I hope they do. I would love that 'God' Skeletor to be the "Homecoming" version of Skeletor and for those who have lobbied for him make them a Lubic figure already, he could be the bodyguard of Queen Marlena when he arrives on Eternia.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I voted NO.

The movie is fun and the best they could do.

But i donīt like the earth part, i wanted to see Eternia, Battelcat, more Eternian heroes and more known villains and not their replacements.

Karg, Balde, Sauron... nice ideas but i wanted Tri Klops, Trap Jaw and Kobrah Kahn.

Except for golden god Skeletor i donīt think i want any variant. Dolph looks cool but itīs He-Man with a cape, Teela looks nothing like Teela at all, skinny blonde-ish Man-At-Arms again, the original is way better.

Gwildor instead of Orko...Orko is enough as comic relief we didnīt need another one....

For itīs time it was okay and fun but i really donīt need them in MOTUC.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

..just sayin it again, because it would be that cool if we got this... Here is what I would call a perfect streamlined idea for a 12 figure Movie subline...

00. Sub exclusive Figure - God Skeletor
    -------
    01. Movie Heman variant
    02. Movie Man-At-Arms variant
    03. Movie Teela variant
    04. Movie Skeletor variant
    05. Movie Evil Lyn variant
    06. Blade
    07. Karg
    08. Saurod
    09. Lubic
    10. Gwildor - heavy tool 12 figure sub item
    11. Movie Black Skeletor Shock Trooper - Army Builder 2 pak sku slot 1
    12. Movie Black Skeletor Shock Trooper - Army Builder 2 pak sku slot 2

..we get that, I would be all over that sub in seconds like a starved dog on a tossed out rib eye steak! lol

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I've said no. Purely due to if the line will be ending next year. what's the point in them having the rights? It's not like 2014 will be filled with JUST movie characters. There's no point getting the license if they can't use it.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I've said no. Purely due to if the line will be ending next year. what's the point in them having the rights? It's not like 2014 will be filled with JUST movie characters. There's no point getting the license if they can't use it.
    We don't know yet whether the line will be ending next year or not. And TG has said that, even if the line got scaled down, they would still be doing more sporadic releases for some time later. Plus, they wouldn't need to acquire the rights to all of the movie-specific characters in one big (and expensive) "movie rights" pack. I think most people would be content if they bought the rights to at least Karg, so as to be able to release a special (SDCC exclusive or whatever) "movie pack" of Gwildor, Blade, Saurod and Karg. Or they could buy the rights to just a few specific characters for a 6-figure movie mini-sub; for example:

1. Gwildor
    2. Blade
    3. Saurod
    4. Karg
    5. Lubic (with interchangeable detective outfit and Eternian robes)
    6. Air Centurion (army builder, with hovering board)
    Last edited by uaxuctum; February 20, 2013 at 05:01pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I voted yes just for the movie versions of He-Man and Skeletor. Karg would be fine, but I wouldn't shed any tears over him if we don't get him. I would shed tears over Gwildor, but Mattel already has rights to him. so he doesn't even count here.

Anyway, give us movie versions of HM and Skelly! With their movie faces! Both of them! Please.

Yes.But need only Karg!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes! We'll get Blade, Gwildor, and Saurod at some point, but we need Karg and Movie Skeletor too! He's the only variant I *must* have, but the others would be cool as well. I know it was a departure, but once you accept that, the movie isn't *that* bad. Heck, I want to watch it right now.

Whatever to me, but I won't be buying them, I don't like the movie, don't want the figures.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    YES!

I want Karg, Movie Skeletor, He-Man and maybe Air Centurians.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I voted no. I really just want the three they already have the rights to. Karg would be cool too, but not necessary to get rights to the entire movie just for him.

yes! karg needs to be made...and i would LOVE to see a Lubic figure. choice! really choice!
    and i will be seriously disappointed if they don't get saurod and blade released after the goodwill and support the actors showed in pushing for subs.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

I voted yes. I'd love to see a Saurod figure made. The Skeletor variants would be cool as well.

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    two words

GOD SKELETOR!!!
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

I'm not especially hungry for the figures, but it seems strange that they don't have the right to make them. That should be fixed.

I think a 12 month sub for this would be perfect.

Sub Exclusive: Lubic
    1. He-Man
    2. Skeletor
    3. Karg
    4. Goldnen God Skeletor
    5. Evil Lynn
    6. Teela
    7. Gwildor
    8. Blade
    9. Saurod
    10. Stormtrooper
    11. Sorceress
    12. Man-at-Arms
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Yes. I'm a fan of Skeletor's troopers.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I think a 12 month sub for this would be perfect.

Sub Exclusive: Lubic
    1. He-Man
    2. Skeletor
    3. Karg
    4. Goldnen God Skeletor
    5. Evil Lynn
    6. Teela
    7. Gwildor
    8. Blade
    9. Saurod
    10. Stormtrooper
    11. Sorceress
    12. Man-at-Arms
    I think it's important to distinguish between the movie-specific characters and the variants of 'common' characters. We already have (in some cases multiple) MotUC versions of He-Man, Sorceress, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and Beast-Man, and while their movie variants would be cool (specially the golden God Skeletor—if they released just one movie variant, this should be it), I don't see them as a priority (just like Filmation variants aren't considered a priority).

The movie-specific characters, for their part, are a totally different animal, since we don't have any other MotUC version of them. I think an eventual movie-sub should concentrate on these (just like the Filmation sub is devoted to Filmation-specific characters), and from among these some are, of course, more important than others:

A. Essential:

-Gwildor: As the inventor of the Cosmic Key, he's a key character both for the movie and for the MotUC storylines (and with all this new emphasis in spacetime-travelling plots, he's become even more essential for MotUC than he was in the movie).
    -Blade, Saurod, Karg: Awesome must-have bad guys. Mattel should really acquire the rights to Karg.

B. Cool-to-have:

-Lubic: He's the second earthling to permanently "immigrate" into Eternia, so I'd rather see him wearing Eternian robes (or with interchangeable detective outfit ā la Glenn/Marlena). I don't care if his face is sculpted in the likeness of James Tolkan or not (I'd rather not, to avoid potential personality-rights problems, so long as the figure is recognizable as the character Lubic—that is, a mature bald-headed "authority-like" figure).
    -Army-builder pack: Black Stormtrooper + Air Centurion (+ hoverdisk accessory). I think the more different kinds of troopers we get for Skeletor (those plus Hover Robots, Skelcons, Skeleton Warriors...), the better.

C. Non-essential:

-Worruck (concept): Could be the perfect sub-exclusive.
    -Comtech: Might be viewed as an "evil technician" army-builder.
    -Kevin & Julie: Although prominent in the movie, I don't consider them "properly" part of the MotUverse (they're basically a pair of earthling "passers-by" that accidentally got involved in one specific storyline, but had little further connection to Eternia), so these are the first movie characters I'd leave out if necessary (although they could serve as reuses of the teenage-sized bucks that are needed for other characters such as 200X Adam, 200X Teela and Facet).

Then there's also (apart from the accessory-sized hoverdisks) a movie-specific vehicle (Skeletor's "throne-ship"), and the movie-specific Eye of the Galaxy diorama piece (which could be a Castle Grayskull "interior expansion pack").
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

For the record folks REMEMBER - GWILDOR BLADE AND SAUROD are eligible for MOTUC. basically we can't get Karg, Dolph, Movie Skeletor, lubic Kevin, Julie, Teela, Man At Arms, troopers, Sorceress, beast man or evil lyn from the movie.

I'm interested only in Karg, Regular Movie Skeletor and Evil Lyn. out of those MAINLY I want Karg
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure