View Poll Results: Do You Want To See Mattel Acquire the 1987 MOTU Movie Rights?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

138 64.19%
  • No

31 14.42%
  • Indifferent

45 20.93%
  • Other

1 0.47%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do You Want To See Mattel Acquire the 1987 MOTU Movie Rights?

Some accessories i would like included besides the obvious ones like the power sword and havok staff...
    1. Hover Disc
    2. Skeletor's sword
    3. gwildor's staff
    4. the power sword chamber from the end
    5. bucket of chicken and grappling hook
    6. orb given to julie
    7. BAF Throne and Eye of Grayskull
    8. Collar of truth

What accessories from the movie would you guys want.
    Last edited by evenflow; June 24, 2013 at 03:22pm.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    since i was a kid i wanted karg, the black armored warriors, movie he-ma, teela, m@a, beast-man, evil lyn, skeletor, sorceress & god skeletor.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Only for Karg.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    I voted 'no.' I just can't get into the movie, or any of its characters. Maybe the 4H will change my mind with their magic powers!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Collec-Tor View Post
    I voted 'no.' I just can't get into the movie, or any of its characters. Maybe the 4H will change my mind with their magic powers!
    I love the movie for what it is. I guess even at an early age I was able to discern the different versions of different lines. Which would explain why I actually like New Adventures. If you didn't like the movie, try this: imagine it's a Filmation episode or mini-comic. You have Skeletor, Evil Lyn, and Beast Man. Replace Blade with Tri Klops, Karg with Trap Jaw, and Saurod with Mer Man. Better? As soon as Gwildor gets a Classics figure, I fully plan on recreating several scenes. Of course Evil Lyn doesn't give the key to Skeletor...she uses it to free Hordak.

Karg
    Lubic
    God Skeletor
    Air Centurions
    Pig Boy
    Skeletor's Black Foot Soldiers
    Beastman
    He-Man
    Evil Lyn
    MAA
    Teela

It would be totally pointless this late in the line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I love the movie for what it is. I guess even at an early age I was able to discern the different versions of different lines. Which would explain why I actually like New Adventures. If you didn't like the movie, try this: imagine it's a Filmation episode or mini-comic. You have Skeletor, Evil Lyn, and Beast Man. Replace Blade with Tri Klops, Karg with Trap Jaw, and Saurod with Mer Man. Better? As soon as Gwildor gets a Classics figure, I fully plan on recreating several scenes. Of course Evil Lyn doesn't give the key to Skeletor...she uses it to free Hordak.
    Yeah, still no. I saw the darned thing in theatres when it was released, and even then I thought it was rubbish!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

There are too many original characters left in the vintage lines and Filmation catalog, not to mention mini-comics and other media to get to that I think it would be a wasted opportunity to make a sub based on variants.

Karg is the only new character worth making, in my opinion. I don't think Lubic, Kevin, and Julie are figure worthy. They just wouldn't fit in with the rest of the collection, at all.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    There are too many original characters left in the vintage lines and Filmation catalog, not to mention mini-comics and other media to get to that I think it would be a wasted opportunity to make a sub based on variants.
    Why should it be a sub based on variants? Except for God Skeletor, I'm primarily interested in the unique characters from the movie, rather than the movie versions of the main guys, and there are enough uniques to fill a mini-sub.

Karg is the only new character worth making, in my opinion.
    He's not just worth-making, Karg is an absolute MUST. The vintage line was left incomplete without him and this should not be repeated in MotUC.

I don't think Lubic, Kevin, and Julie are figure worthy. They just wouldn't fit in with the rest of the collection, at all.
    Not even Eternian Robes Lubic? I agree Kevin and Julie would feel somewhat out-of-place (although not much more than Rio Blast or Ninjor). But Lubic is supposed to stay on Eternia with the Heroic Warriors (or rather with the Heroic Valkyries ), so he becomes kind of like the male equivalent of Marlena.

Plus, you're forgetting the movie troopers (Black Centurions and Air Centurions), Comtech (maybe also an army-builder), and the awesome concept character Worruck.

I think the movie rights are worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Some accessories i would like included besides the obvious ones like the power sword and havok staff...
    1. Hover Disc
    2. Skeletor's sword
    3. gwildor's staff
    4. the power sword chamber from the end
    5. bucket of chicken and grappling hook
    6. orb given to julie
    7. BAF Throne and Eye of Grayskull
    8. Collar of truth

What accessories from the movie would you guys want.
    I'm not sure it would count as an "accessory" (though neither would the Eye of the Galaxy), but I'd also like Skeletor's Hover Throne:

Last edited by uaxuctum; September 4, 2013 at 02:44am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Since we know Gwildor, Blade and Saurod are coming, the top three needed figures are:
    1. Karg (He is a definite.)
    2.Air Centurion/Centurion Trooper (army builder, with hovering board and large shields, with robot soldier as an accessory)
    3. God Skeletor (not a necessity but worthy)

Karg is main want here, as he was never made but one of the pivotal villains.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I would buy a 12 figure sub line of Movie figures in a HEARTBEAT!!! !

Perfect streamlined idea for a 12 figure Movie subline...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    00. Sub exclusive Figure - God Skeletor
    -------
    01. Movie Heman variant
    02. Movie Man-At-Arms variant
    03. Movie Teela variant
    04. Movie Skeletor variant
    05. Movie Evil Lyn variant
    06. Blade
    07. Karg
    08. Saurod
    09. Lubic
    10. Gwildor - heavy tool 12 figure sub item
    11. Movie Black Skeletor Shock Trooper - Army Builder 2 pak sku slot 1
    12. Movie Black Skeletor Shock Trooper - Army Builder 2 pak sku slot 2

HEY MATTEL!!!
    http://www.polishtheconsole.com/wp-c...e-my-money.jpg
    I would buy all of these figures without a moment's hesitation. MAKE IT HAPPEN, MATTEL!!! I want a Movie Skeletor variant about 1000x more than I want any Filmation figure!
    Ebay - ebay.com/usr/gavinmichelliart
    Facebook - facebook.com/gavinmichelliart
    Deviantart - gavinmichelli.deviantart.com

Heroic Warrior
    that movie was far from motu.. not sure what was worse, that or the rise of cobra.. they both were trash..

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    that movie was far from motu.. not sure what was worse, that or the rise of cobra.. they both were trash..
    So what? Does that make Karg or Worruck any less awesome as character designs?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    So what? Does that make Karg or Worruck any less awesome as character designs?
    don't know em.. i would have to see em.. the drawing above, if that is worruck, then yeah, he seems legit.. dont know who karg is. it that's that troll looking thing, hmm. not sure. i would have to see how they look as toys, but i want the classics finished first, or some filmation characters done as well, like king tamusk. i'm not to hip on the movie, i remeber i was out of motu and saw that movie on tv and was like wtf he-man movie? after like 2 seconds i said **** this crap and turned it off. so, i have no ties to that movie.

don't know em.. i would have to see em.. the drawing above, if that is worruck, then yeah, he seems legit.. dont know who karg is. it that's that troll looking thing, hmm. not sure. i would have to see how they look as toys, but i want the classics finished first, or some filmation characters done as well, like king tamusk. i'm not to hip on the movie, i remeber i was out of motu and saw that movie on tv and was like wtf he-man movie? after like 2 seconds i said f this crap and turned it off. so, i have no ties to that movie.
    Then maybe you should give the movie a chance and watch it. It isn't a memorable flick, for sure, but at least you would know what people are talking about when they talk about it. Plus some of the character and prop designs are really worth it, even if some other aspects were more lacking.

And yes, Karg is that "troll-looking thing" with the crazy white hair bouffant and a pirate hook for a left hand. After Evil-Lyn, he (or, some say, she) was the leader of Skeletor's minions in the movie (*), even though Karg is physically the shortest of the gang.

(*) Which only makes it more aggravating that Karg was precisely the one to never get a vintage figure.

BTW, I've just stumbled upon this old thread of movie-inspired customs.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Then maybe you should give the movie a chance and watch it. It isn't a memorable flick, for sure, but at least you would know what people are talking about when they talk about it. Plus some of the character and prop designs are really worth it, even if some other aspects were more lacking.

And yes, Karg is that "troll-looking thing" with the crazy white hair bouffant and a pirate hook for a left hand. After Evil-Lyn, he (or, some say, she) was the leader of Skeletor's minions in the movie (*), even though Karg is physically the shortest of the gang.

(*) Which only makes it more aggravating that Karg was precisely the one to never get a vintage figure.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...karg2_full.jpg http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/home_news/karg.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fPLWGRchy0...deBeastman.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../MOTU/Karg.jpg http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...laine/karg.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7...otu/karg4a.jpg

http://eternia.nuevadominion.com/ima..._movie_003.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/...ff1d4354_m.jpg

BTW, I've just stumbled upon this old thread of movie-inspired customs.
    that first drawing looks dope. i can dig that. is that beast man up there in that one pic?

that first drawing looks dope. i can dig that. is that beast man up there in that one pic?
    Yes, this pic shows (from right to left): Beast Man, Karg, Blade and Saurod (plus some lucky boy that sneaked into the studio) standing before Grayskull's Throne and Eye of the Galaxy (which I think would make a fantastic add-on diorama piece for MotUC Grayskull).

Heroic Warrior
    Wonderful 1987 picture (although I still think the Beastman redesign sucked real bad)...

Has Mattel ever explained why Karg wasn't released in the vintage line? Was he just not planned? Rights issue? Too scary? I know as a kid I always wondered why and wanted one.

And yes the eye would make an incredible diorama set.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Has Mattel ever explained why Karg wasn't released in the vintage line? Was he just not planned? Rights issue? Too scary? I know as a kid I always wondered why and wanted one.

And yes the eye would make an incredible diorama set.
    If I have to guess: They decided to go with only three figures at first, and movie didn't do well, so no more figures wasn't needed.

Sure. I think the movie is one of those really unique aspect of MOTU that would be a shame to ignore. I'd be more interested in seeing how this misadventure would be mixed into the bios.

Karg! We need a Karg, Mattel!

Imagine if the movie had come out today?! A 'Hall of Grayskull' playset with knock-down statues; a prop-sized toy cosmic key; A God-Skeletor helmet.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"