Thread: This LONG time lurker finally got an account.

This LONG time lurker finally got an account.

Hey, everyone.

My name is Matt and I've been frequenting the ORG for about 13 years. I've been posting on the Matty boards for a while under the same username as this one, but I figured it was about time to finally get an account here at the ORG and start talking to people

I'm in my early 30's and have loved MOTU since before I can remember. My favorite character is Keldor/Skeletor. I really got back into He-Man back when the commemorative series first came out way back when. Long story short, I read the mini-comic "The Search For Keldor" for the first time (I didn't have it as a kid) and developed an obsession (for lack of a better term) for that particular character, years before anything regarding Keldor being Skeletor was "official." This even led to me writing a "fan-novel" regarding what happened to him after his disappearance and how he became Skeletor (my own version, as I've not been thrilled with official ones, although elements of them are cool). It's really more of a Randor story though. Anyway, links are in my signature if you're interested. I don't want to ramble on about it (as I am wont to do).

I'm into many aspects of MOTU, but primarily the vintage toys themselves, the Filmation cartoon (at least for nostalgia's sake), the 200x cartoon, and the movie (mainly for Frank Langella's portrayal of Skelly, which I thought was awesome). I don't dislike POP or NA, but rather am just not that familiar with them.

Anyway, before I end up writing another book, I'll close with this: I love MOTU (and parenthesis, apparently), dislike needless drama, and look forward to getting in touch with even more fans
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, KeldorTheCursed!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Welcome to He-Man.org! Hope you enjoy your time here
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
    Back, even if it's just for a short while.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by KeldorTheCursed View Post
    Anyway, before I end up writing another book, I'll close with this: I dislike needless drama...
    Uh oh. Are you sure the .org is the right place for you then?

Ha! Just joshing you.

Or am I?

Of course I am!

Maybe.

Anyways, welcome!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Uh oh. Are you sure the .org is the right place for you then?

Ha! Just joshing you.

Or am I?

Of course I am!

Maybe.

Anyways, welcome!
    Thanks, everyone.

Ha, I'm sure there is plenty of drama here, as there is anywhere online. Just saying I won't be participating in it

I'm here for fun
    -KTC

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by KeldorTheCursed View Post
    Ha, I'm sure there is plenty of drama here, as there is anywhere online. Just saying I won't be participating in it

I'm here for fun
    But participating in the needless drama is the fun part!

Well, at least it is for me. But then again I'm evil.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Master of New Adventures!
    Don't look in Benny's eyes, Keldor.

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome I saw the user name and remembered you from Mattycollector, Great Keldor/Skeletor story.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    Welcome I saw the user name and remembered you from Mattycollector, Great Keldor/Skeletor story.
    Thanks! I had the old version up for a while (maybe 50 pages), and if you've read it, it was most likely that one (or a preview of Chronicles that was up for about a month). BIG changes since then as it's more than tripled in length. I'll be sure to let people know when the full book is released (it will be a free PDF download).

BTW, I forgot to mention that there is a short excerpt on the site if anyone is interested.

I'm not here just to shill my story, but I get excited about it :-)
    -KTC