Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Gar Characters

Heroic Warrior

List of Gar Characters

Can someone please help me identify all the known Gar characters. These are the ones I know...

1. Keldor
    2. Illumina
    3. Kronis
    4. Shokoti
    5. Cyclone

Is Tuvar a Gar as well?

Also, what is the relationship between Gar people and Anwat Gar?

Thanks.

(Did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for... sorry if this is a duplicate thread!)

The one Fighting Foe Man. I can't remember his name though.

Tuvar doesn't appear to be Gar... Gar appear to seem humanoid with blue skin according to this listing, although I didn't know Shokoti was Gar. I could stand corrected but we know definitely Illumina, Keldor, Kronis and Sy-Klone are, with the possibility of Shokoti and Dittstroyer (FFM) being Gar as well.

Well the only difference I see bewtween Gar and Anwat Gar is that; Gar is their race and Anwat Gar was the Eternian settlement they created for themselves when they arrived from their home world/dimension of Infinita, from I've gotten from the MVP Comics and current bios.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Grumpy smurf, the elephant guy in the band at jabba's palace, and the tree guys from the blue man group.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Two members of the Council of Wisdom (the old man in blue and the woman with black hair, in a white robe).

Also, the bald, blue woman may be Gar (they became the Ancients, if I remember correctly):

Last edited by Darkspecter; February 18, 2013 at 12:44am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Tuvar doesn't appear to be Gar... Gar appear to seem humanoid with blue skin.
    So why wouldn't Tuvar be Gar then too? Maybe all Gar actually have three ridges on their heads, only in most cases this is covered with hair so you don't see them, whereas Tuvar is bald so you can see them.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Kronis isn't a Gar
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    1. Keldor
    2. Illumina
    3. Kronis
    4. Shokoti
    5. Cyclone
    6. Tuvar
    7. Hexon
    8. Jarvan

Just remembered Hexon and Jarvan too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Kronis isn't a Gar
    He is in the new comics.

masters-of-the-universe-007-06.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    So why wouldn't Tuvar be Gar then too? Maybe all Gar actually have three ridges on their heads, only in most cases this is covered with hair so you don't see them, whereas Tuvar is bald so you can see them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...rToyColors.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...bs/keldor6.jpg
    http://www.frankshemanpage.net/shokoti203.JPG
    Not that I'm attempting to make this a big debate but Keldor does not have those ridges. As his hair is slicked back (in your photo) would reveal said ridges even under the hair and this is just an observed suggestion (in addition to the pics provided by Darcspector and the fact he is only half Gar which could take him off this list altogether), which may me theorize that is why he appears not to be; as it hasn't been seen on any other Gar yet. And like I suggested I'm not sure all blue characters are Gar, but I could be wrong.

Dragonblaster: depending on what canon or bio you follow: Kronis appears to be a Gar as as he is from Infinita and this is the race which came from there. Now if you follow the mini-comic then you have a valid point (as he was green) as I have in regards to the info we are currently provided with.
    Last edited by Nemisythe; February 18, 2013 at 01:10am.

Heroic Warrior
    Keldor is only half Gar, so his ridges are not prominent like Tuvar. Also, the size and shape of the ridges would vary from one Gar individual to the next, much like the size and shape of noses in humans.

Keldor is only half Gar, so his ridges are not prominent like Tuvar. Also, the size and shape of the ridges would vary from one Gar individual to the next, much like the size and shape of noses in humans.
    True and like I have proposed the true question is are all blue people Gar in the MOTU universe?

Heroic Warrior
    True and like I have proposed the true question is are all blue people Gar in the MOTU universe?
    I would say yes.

Also, what is the relationship between Gar people and Anwat Gar?
    In 2002-cartoon Anwat Gar was a mysterious Island. Sy-Klone was its last guardian. They did not specify that he was from the Island.
    Around that time the term "Gar" became associated with blue-skinned race because the producers didn't have a name for the race. It's never said
    officially in the show or comic if I recall. But it stuck and years later MOTUC-canon used it. No mention of Gar coming from Infinita in 2002-continuity either that I can remember.

Also in 2002-cartoon Kronis was not a Gar while Keldor and Sy-Klone were. This is confirmed from one of the producers.

(in MOTUC-DC continuity Kronis propably is a Gar)

Are we talking openly Gar or closeted too?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Vormus, the magic dealer, from the MYP series is also a Gar. He was seen in the episode "Separation."

I would think that Tuvar would probably be half Gar and half of some other race, perhaps a Caligar? The ridges on his head and his enlarged fangs make him look a bit different.

and Faker is a Gar too...well a fake one.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Yeah I was going to say Hexon and Jarvan as well, I've no doubt they will be retconned to be Gar's and it does make perfect sense for them to be Gar's.
    I'd love a Jarvan figure as well
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Keldors mother and his child would count as Gar i think, even though they are both unnamed so far.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Not that I'm attempting to make this a big debate but Keldor does not have those ridges. As his hair is slicked back (in your photo) would reveal said ridges even under the hair and this is just an observed suggestion (in addition to the pics provided by Darcspector and the fact he is only half Gar which could take him off this list altogether), which may me theorize that is why he appears not to be; as it hasn't been seen on any other Gar yet. And like I suggested I'm not sure all blue characters are Gar, but I could be wrong.
    Vintage-era Sy-Klone's helmet does feature ridges, though, suggesting he may have a ridged head like Tuvar.

Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    In 2002-cartoon Anwat Gar was a mysterious Island. Sy-Klone was its last guardian. They did not specify that he was from the Island.
    Around that time the term "Gar" became associated with blue-skinned race because the producers didn't have a name for the race. It's never said
    officially in the show or comic if I recall. But it stuck and years later MOTUC-canon used it. No mention of Gar coming from Infinita in 2002-continuity either that I can remember.

Also in 2002-cartoon Kronis was not a Gar while Keldor and Sy-Klone were. This is confirmed from one of the producers.

(in MOTUC-DC continuity Kronis propably is a Gar)
    Thank you Jukka, We can always count on you for factual info.

Very interesting thread!

What I am sure is that Kronis is not a Gar it is well stated in the minicomics that Skeletor opens a gate to another dimension.

heman-1.jpg

also the skelecons seem to be Gar with masks like the Death eaters from harry potter!

blog_skelcons_and_stratos_full.jpg

About Tuvar, this is really something we should ask TG, he could made up something for two-bad's bio
    IMO Tuvar could be from another race the color of his skin doesn't match with Skeletor nor Sy-clone. Also Stratos helmet has ridges, Tuvar could have a Gar mother and an Avion father (I don't remember how to call Stratos people)

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Tuvar can be a modified gar, like these are modified persons:

The Skelecons can be magically altered gars.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Tuvar can be a modified gar, like these are modified persons:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...cLlygw3ZDUSsJQ
    Ugh, that picture is disgusting.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Since when was Kronis / Trap Jaw a Gar? I've never heard in any official capacity that he is.

Sy-Klone has a helmet on, I doubt his head is ridged under it. Likely he has a buzz cut....and to go by head ridges.....Keldor may be half Gar, but if that were true, the ridges would be a dominate factor, he would still have them, even if they weren't as big, and clearly by his hair style, he has none. Tuvar is not Gar, I guess Webstor is a Gar as well then? He's Bluish, maybe he's got a Gar Daddy and a Spider Momma.....Hey Kronis isn't light or Sky Blue either, so don't use that argument....Also Tuvar doesn't have a Human face, he has more of an alien / monster face, unlike Keldor and other official Gar do.

Are all mid to dark skinned people black? No, some are Arabic, some are Greek, some are Native American, some are Hispanic....some just have really crappy tans....

Are all light skinned people Caucasian? No, some are white, some are Asian....

So then why do all blue people have to be Gar?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm Stratos might have Gar blood in him too, he seems to have prominent ridges under his helmet.

Also, the hair style of Vormus seems to be indicative of ridges.

And yes, it would seem that Kronis is only Gar in the MOTU-DC canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Since when was Kronis / Trap Jaw a Gar? I've never heard in any official capacity that he is.

Sy-Klone has a helmet on, I doubt his head is ridged under it. Likely he has a buzz cut....and to go by head ridges.....Keldor may be half Gar, but if that were true, the ridges would be a dominate factor, he would still have them, even if they weren't as big, and clearly by his hair style, he has none. Tuvar is not Gar, I guess Webstor is a Gar as well then? He's Bluish, maybe he's got a Gar Daddy and a Spider Momma.....Hey Kronis isn't light or Sky Blue either, so don't use that argument....Also Tuvar doesn't have a Human face, he has more of an alien / monster face, unlike Keldor and other official Gar do.

Are all mid to dark skinned people black? No, some are Arabic, some are Greek, some are Native American, some are Hispanic....some just have really crappy tans....

Are all light skinned people Caucasian? No, some are white, some are Asian....

So then why do all blue people have to be Gar?
    I think Tuvar is Gar and yes Keldor is only half, owing to his less prominent ridges which are hidden by his hair.

Webstor is not Gar, he's a spider guy. Come on, you know that.

All blue skinned people don't have to be Gar, just a theory. As for Kronis, he is light blue in the DC comics, and would only be considered Gar in that canon.

"Also Tuvar doesn't have a Human face, he has more of an alien / monster face, unlike Keldor and other official Gar do". In human beings some people have large lips, some people have slanted eyes, and some people have curly hair. There is room for variation among a species no? I think Tuvar is likely from an older genetic line of Gar, like people in Africa are from an older genetic line of humans. The racism that is expressed against Gar would be double fold for someone like Tuvar, because his ridges are prominent and his canine teeth elongated. Perhaps this even explains why Skeletor had such a short temper for him and fused him with Baddrah.

Your own argument of features played against you here shadowfall1976.

I looked into the Gar thing a few weeks ago, and didn't find a whole lot. I was trying to find out why they were disliked, where they came from etc. It's also possible the Gar have pointed ears. I do remember during MYP people weren't sure if Gar was a race, a mutation, or some 'religious' type sect that have been changed some how.

I do wish the current comic series goes longer, or some other media so we can find out more.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it