Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 111

Thread: List of Gar Characters

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483

    List of Gar Characters

    Can someone please help me identify all the known Gar characters. These are the ones I know...

    1. Keldor
    2. Illumina
    3. Kronis
    4. Shokoti
    5. Cyclone

    Is Tuvar a Gar as well?

    Also, what is the relationship between Gar people and Anwat Gar?

    Thanks.

    (Did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for... sorry if this is a duplicate thread!)

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,606
    The one Fighting Foe Man. I can't remember his name though.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,492
    Tuvar doesn't appear to be Gar... Gar appear to seem humanoid with blue skin according to this listing, although I didn't know Shokoti was Gar. I could stand corrected but we know definitely Illumina, Keldor, Kronis and Sy-Klone are, with the possibility of Shokoti and Dittstroyer (FFM) being Gar as well.

    Well the only difference I see bewtween Gar and Anwat Gar is that; Gar is their race and Anwat Gar was the Eternian settlement they created for themselves when they arrived from their home world/dimension of Infinita, from I've gotten from the MVP Comics and current bios.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior enoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    861
    Grumpy smurf, the elephant guy in the band at jabba's palace, and the tree guys from the blue man group.

  5. #5
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Two members of the Council of Wisdom (the old man in blue and the woman with black hair, in a white robe).







    Also, the bald, blue woman may be Gar (they became the Ancients, if I remember correctly):

    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 18, 2013 at 12:44am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Tuvar doesn't appear to be Gar... Gar appear to seem humanoid with blue skin.
    So why wouldn't Tuvar be Gar then too? Maybe all Gar actually have three ridges on their heads, only in most cases this is covered with hair so you don't see them, whereas Tuvar is bald so you can see them.




  7. #7
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,654
    Kronis isn't a Gar
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    1. Keldor
    2. Illumina
    3. Kronis
    4. Shokoti
    5. Cyclone
    6. Tuvar
    7. Hexon
    8. Jarvan


    Just remembered Hexon and Jarvan too...




    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Kronis isn't a Gar
    He is in the new comics.

    masters-of-the-universe-007-06.jpg

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    So why wouldn't Tuvar be Gar then too? Maybe all Gar actually have three ridges on their heads, only in most cases this is covered with hair so you don't see them, whereas Tuvar is bald so you can see them.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...rToyColors.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...bs/keldor6.jpg
    http://www.frankshemanpage.net/shokoti203.JPG
    Not that I'm attempting to make this a big debate but Keldor does not have those ridges. As his hair is slicked back (in your photo) would reveal said ridges even under the hair and this is just an observed suggestion (in addition to the pics provided by Darcspector and the fact he is only half Gar which could take him off this list altogether), which may me theorize that is why he appears not to be; as it hasn't been seen on any other Gar yet. And like I suggested I'm not sure all blue characters are Gar, but I could be wrong.

    Dragonblaster: depending on what canon or bio you follow: Kronis appears to be a Gar as as he is from Infinita and this is the race which came from there. Now if you follow the mini-comic then you have a valid point (as he was green) as I have in regards to the info we are currently provided with.
    Last edited by Nemisythe; February 18, 2013 at 01:10am.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Keldor is only half Gar, so his ridges are not prominent like Tuvar. Also, the size and shape of the ridges would vary from one Gar individual to the next, much like the size and shape of noses in humans.

  11. #11
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Not that I'm attempting to make this a big debate but Keldor does not have those ridges. As his hair is slicked back (in your photo) would reveal said ridges even under the hair and this is just an observed suggestion (in addition to the pics provided by Darcspector and the fact he is only half Gar which could take him off this list altogether), which may me theorize that is why he appears not to be; as it hasn't been seen on any other Gar yet. And like I suggested I'm not sure all blue characters are Gar, but I could be wrong.
    Vintage-era Sy-Klone's helmet does feature ridges, though, suggesting he may have a ridged head like Tuvar.


    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  12. #12
    Scrolls Reviewer Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    12,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Also, what is the relationship between Gar people and Anwat Gar?
    In 2002-cartoon Anwat Gar was a mysterious Island. Sy-Klone was its last guardian. They did not specify that he was from the Island.
    Around that time the term "Gar" became associated with blue-skinned race because the producers didn't have a name for the race. It's never said
    officially in the show or comic if I recall. But it stuck and years later MOTUC-canon used it. No mention of Gar coming from Infinita in 2002-continuity either that I can remember.

    Also in 2002-cartoon Kronis was not a Gar while Keldor and Sy-Klone were. This is confirmed from one of the producers.

    (in MOTUC-DC continuity Kronis propably is a Gar)

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Inhibitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,706
    Are we talking openly Gar or closeted too?



    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Count Judas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Underworld, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,168



    Vormus, the magic dealer, from the MYP series is also a Gar. He was seen in the episode "Separation."

    I would think that Tuvar would probably be half Gar and half of some other race, perhaps a Caligar? The ridges on his head and his enlarged fangs make him look a bit different.

    and Faker is a Gar too...well a fake one.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    In 2002-cartoon Anwat Gar was a mysterious Island. Sy-Klone was its last guardian. They did not specify that he was from the Island.
    Around that time the term "Gar" became associated with blue-skinned race because the producers didn't have a name for the race. It's never said
    officially in the show or comic if I recall. But it stuck and years later MOTUC-canon used it. No mention of Gar coming from Infinita in 2002-continuity either that I can remember.

    Also in 2002-cartoon Kronis was not a Gar while Keldor and Sy-Klone were. This is confirmed from one of the producers.

    (in MOTUC-DC continuity Kronis propably is a Gar)
    Thank you Jukka, We can always count on you for factual info.

  16. #16
    Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    In 2002-cartoon Anwat Gar was a mysterious Island. Sy-Klone was its last guardian. They did not specify that he was from the Island.
    Indeed, both Dean Stefan, who wrote, and Michael Halperin, who story-edited the two episodes that featured Sy-Klone, have confirmed in interviews that Sy-Klone is only the Last Defender of the Temple at Anwat Gar, and is not a native inhabitant of the island.




    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Around that time the term "Gar" became associated with blue-skinned race because the producers didn't have a name for the race. It's never said
    officially in the show or comic if I recall. But it stuck and years later MOTUC-canon used it. No mention of Gar coming from Infinita in 2002-continuity either that I can remember.
    Indeed, the term Gar was postulated by fans. It is derived from Anwat Gar, and is misapplied to an ethnic group consisting of characters with blue skin and pointed ears on the assumption that these characters must be from Anwat Gar because Sy-Klone was an inhabitant of Anwat Gar also has blue skin. This was not established in the animated series, in the comic book series, or in any official media, but the notion persists, and was reinforced years later when the illustrator of the comic book stated in a post about his intentions for the series that this group be from Infinita. It has now worked its way into Masters of the Universe Classics, and by extension the digital and DC Masters of the Universe canon.




    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Also in 2002-cartoon Kronis was not a Gar while Keldor and Sy-Klone were. This is confirmed from one of the producers.
    Actually, it was confirmed that this was the intention of the MVCreations comic book in a post by illustrator Emiliano Santalucia regarding the subject on He-Man.org. It was confirmed that the intention of the Mike Young Productions animated series was for Randor and Keldor to be twins by producer Ian Richter at Power-Con.




    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    (in MOTUC-DC continuity Kronis propably is a Gar)
    Indeed, it is implied that Kronis/Trap Jaw is Gar in his Masters of the Universe Classics biography, and it is established in the DC Masters of the Universe comic book series that Keldor/Skeletor is half-Gar.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior whbinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Indeed, it is implied that Kronis/Trap Jaw is Gar in his Masters of the Universe Classics biography, and it is established in the DC Masters of the Universe comic book series that Keldor/Skeletor is half-Gar.
    An insane criminal from the dimension of Infinita, Kronis was one of several evil warriors freed from an intergalactic prison by Keldor to bolster his ranks during the start of the Great Unrest. After serving Keldor for years, Kronis grew ambitious and raised an army of his own to challenge his master. Now a powerful Overlord of Evil, Skeletor, defeated Kronis - breaking his jaw and arm and leaving him for dead. Found and rebuilt by Tri-Klops, Kronis was transformed by him into Trap Jaw, a man armed with combat weapons and an “iron jaw!”

    How, in any way, does that imply he's a Gar? Nothing hints at that. In fact, it claims he's from Infinita. Now we don't know enough about the Gar to say none of them are from Infinita, but most of the little we do know points to Eternian background. He's not even the same kind of blue. It's a drastically different skin color. If Kronis is a Gar, why not Webstor?

    Side note: While not a Gar, I do enjoy that Faker was made to be Gar, so he's honorary to me.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    An insane criminal from the dimension of Infinita, Kronis was one of several evil warriors freed from an intergalactic prison by Keldor to bolster his ranks during the start of the Great Unrest. After serving Keldor for years, Kronis grew ambitious and raised an army of his own to challenge his master. Now a powerful Overlord of Evil, Skeletor, defeated Kronis - breaking his jaw and arm and leaving him for dead. Found and rebuilt by Tri-Klops, Kronis was transformed by him into Trap Jaw, a man armed with combat weapons and an “iron jaw!”

    How, in any way, does that imply he's a Gar? Nothing hints at that. In fact, it claims he's from Infinita. Now we don't know enough about the Gar to say none of them are from Infinita, but most of the little we do know points to Eternian background. He's not even the same kind of blue. It's a drastically different skin color. If Kronis is a Gar, why not Webstor?

    Side note: While not a Gar, I do enjoy that Faker was made to be Gar, so he's honorary to me.
    It was hinted that the Gar 'possibly' came from Infinita, so this is why some of us make that 'possible' connection of Kronis being Gar; as the notion Anwat Gar is a colony of the Gar species. And if you looked at your Preternia map there is a spaceport which some of us are postulating, led them (The Gar) from Infinita to Preternia, as also became a key factor in the battles of Preternia and led to the future 'tensions' between Eternian and Gar for the many years to follow. Now this IS ONLY being theorized from the current classics canon by someone like me and it seems to meld well, as other fans have come to like conclusions. So is he? Maybe... And as I have said before, if you go by the minis he's not as he was green. But then again are all Gar blue or just the refugees we only know of????????????????????

    Now the question theorized are all blue living species Gar? Which many of us are providing debatable arguments for a yes or no.

    So in summary we have:
    Illumina - Gar
    Sy-Klone - Gar (as per the Powers of Grayskull Classic Mini-Series; the gar were wearing the tech armor and the confirmation by Jukka's research)
    Keldor - Half Gar (even with what has been confirmed; Miro isn't Gar)
    Kronis - Maybe Gar (if the Gar came from Infinita, according to DC Comics) No (if his green variant ever comes out and gives us an explanation)

    And as for Faker..... He's a robot....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior whbinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    And as for Faker..... He's a robot....
    On this we agree.

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior KeldorTheCursed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Dark Hemisphere of VA
    Posts
    174
    I always just assumed that Keldor's skin color was lighter than that of a full-blooded Gar, just as humans of mixed race can have a lighter skin color than someone who is not (although that's not always the case). There is always variety in skin color amongst races. Just because a character is darker or lighter doesn't exempt them from being a Gar. I think the pointed ears are a more tell-tale sign than anything.

    In my head, Kronis and Shokoti are Gar, but only because I want them to be. I don't think either are confirmed. Until any character is confirmed, anything else is speculation.
    -KTC

    My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

    MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

    And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

    MOTU: Legacies

  21. #21
    Scrolls Reviewer Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    12,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Actually, it was confirmed that this was the intention of the MVCreations comic book in a post by illustrator Emiliano Santalucia regarding the subject on He-Man.org.
    You referring to this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    You've got official word from Ian Richter and me:Keldor is Gar, Sy-Klone is Gar, Kronis isn't.
    Cause with him mentioning Ian there, that's why I said in my original post that from cartoon-people it was confirmed that Kronis was not a Gar. Though
    maybe I misinterpreted it?

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Jukka.... I'd LOVE to se a Scrolls of Eternia episode on the Gar!!!
    Last edited by Vikor; February 19, 2013 at 01:36am.

  23. #23
    Scrolls Reviewer Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    12,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Jukka.... I'd LOVE to se a Scrolls of Eternia episode on the Gar!!!
    I plan to cover the MYP-series on Scrolls of Eternia soon, and will touch upon the subject of Gar in episodes where it's appropriate.

  24. #24
    Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    You referring to this?

    Cause with him mentioning Ian there, that's why I said in my original post that from cartoon-people it was confirmed that Kronis was not a Gar. Though
    maybe I misinterpreted it?
    The post in question is ambiguously worded. Allow me to clarify:

    According to Dean Stefan and Michael Halperin, in the Mike Young Productions animated series, Sy-Klone is the Last Defender of the Temple at Anwat Gar, but he is not "Gar."

    According to Ian Richter, in the Mike Young Productions animated series, Keldor is the first born twin brother of Randor, and is therefore not "Gar," and Kronis is not "Gar."

    According to Emiliano Santalucia, in the MVCreations comic book series, Kronis is not "Gar," Keldor is half "Gar," and Sy-Klone is "Gar."

    The confusion arises from the creators of the animated series and the creators of the comic book series having different intentions. The notion of an ethnic group consisting of characters with blue skin called "Gars" is not officially established in either series, but the comic book was at least operating from this notion.

    Does this help?
    Last edited by Adam_Prince of Eternia; February 20, 2013 at 12:56am.

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior Smashtoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Thrilla in Manila
    Posts
    238
    If it sort of looks like a duck, sort of acts like a duck, and sort of sounds like a duck, then it is a duck ( or some deformed/ hybrid/ self mutilating kind?)

    Yep! Scientific speculation is smart and fun!
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •