Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: List of Gar Characters

So let me see if I understand correctly,
    Tuvar is not a gar, Stratos is not the same race as Tuvar but they have the same ridges, Keldor is half gar but since we haven't seen any 100% gar without a helmet we don't know for sure if he is supposed to have ridges or not, webstor has a gar father and a spider mother or could be from a dark bluish race or a simply spider race. Sy-clone is a gar but he have never seen him without the helmet so we don't know if he has ridges or not. Shakoti or Shokoti may be a gar but she seems to have vampire fangs, like Tuvar, and Keldor but Sy-clone does not, or at least we have never seen him smiling or eating, which brings the question if Sy-clone is a robot since no human (or eternian) can spin his torso with the legs fixed. Kronis is from another dimension, and finally since we also bring Star Trek universe, seems that the bolians are gar too! did I miss something else?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    No, we don't all share the same features. Some have epicanthal folds, others don't. Some people have a narrow aquiline nose, others a wide snub one. Some people have a dolicocephalic skull, others are brachycephalic. Some people have wisdom teeth, others don't. Heck, there are even people with more than five fingers per hand. Not to talk about the wide variety in hair, eye and skin colors. And just look at the physical differences between humans of opposite sexes (many others species do not display such obvious outward differences between males and females, and particularly, most females of other species are not identifiable by prominent mammary glands on their breasts and smaller curvaceous bodyshapes). It could be that pointy ears, prominent cranial ridges, longer fangs and/or red eyes are recessive traits in Gars, and/or sex-specific traits.
    Quoted for truth. Thanks for the voice of reason.

I guess it requires a little bit of training in the social construction of race and a basic understanding of biology and evolution to appreciate my arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smashtoys View Post
    Tuvar as Gar

Attachment 82666

and yes, I've also read the whole thread
    What "facts"? Where is it definitively written that Tuvar is NOT Gar? Please dont state your assumption as fact.

We are talking about a fictional group of characters and I am making a hypothesis based on trait variances we see in species on earth. In other words, what I am doing is engaging in the scientific process of theorization.

Should I then assume that in your view the whole industry of science is simply grasping at straws?

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Donīt get me wrong but those ridges are only part of Tuvars head for now, everything else is speculation or a theory and since we donīt know if he is a gar i wouldnīt say every one who might have ridges (or not...?) is gar.

In a MYP comic Stratos took of his helmet and it showed hair. So i think the ridges on his helmet are simply design choices.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...atoshelmet.jpg

And Hawkes helmet doesnīt even have high ridges again i think thatīs design.

http://www.frankshemanpage.net/sky00.JPG
    :o Stratos unhelmetted is Wolverine?!?!?! :o

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Tuvar could be inter-species...or just have a birth defect.
    Or maybe he IS Gar, & the ridges are body mods.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    Could be. Maybe he's into "alternative" lifestyles.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    So let me see if I understand correctly,
    Tuvar is not a gar, Stratos is not the same race as Tuvar but they have the same ridges, Keldor is half gar but since we haven't seen any 100% gar without a helmet we don't know for sure if he is supposed to have ridges or not, webstor has a gar father and a spider mother or could be from a dark bluish race or a simply spider race. Sy-clone is a gar but he have never seen him without the helmet so we don't know if he has ridges or not. Shakoti or Shokoti may be a gar but she seems to have vampire fangs, like Tuvar, and Keldor but Sy-clone does not, or at least we have never seen him smiling or eating, which brings the question if Sy-clone is a robot since no human (or eternian) can spin his torso with the legs fixed. Kronis is from another dimension, and finally since we also bring Star Trek universe, seems that the bolians are gar too! did I miss something else?
    No, I think the prevailing argument here is that if any character has the color blue associated with them whatsoever then they are a Gar..

Webstor= Gar
    Keldor= Gar
    Sir Laser-Lot= Gar
    Fangman= Gar
    Icarius= Gar
    Tuvar= Gar
    TRU Merman= Gar
    Central Tower of Eternia = Gar
    BattleRam= Gar
    Blue Man Group= Gar.
    The Blues Brothers= Gar.
    Blue's Clues= Gar.
    Blue Oyster Cult= Gar
    Elvis' Blue Suede Shoes= Gar.
    Popeye's nemesis Bludo = Gar.

Accept it. Blue= Gar.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    No, I think the prevailing argument here is that if any character has the color blue associated with them whatsoever then they are a Gar..

Webstor= Gar
    Keldor= Gar
    Sir Laser-Lot= Gar
    Fangman= Gar
    Icarius= Gar
    Tuvar= Gar
    TRU Merman= Gar
    Central Tower of Eternia = Gar
    BattleRam= Gar
    Blue Man Group= Gar.
    The Blues Brothers= Gar.
    Blue's Clues= Gar.
    Blue Oyster Cult= Gar
    Elvis' Blue Suede Shoes= Gar.
    Popeye's nemesis Bludo = Gar.

Accept it. Blue= Gar.
    Awesome.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

For the record, although I like the idea of Shokoti being a Gar, I still think she has been altered in some way. She had very vampiric traits in her episode (fangs, being entombed, the archaeologist wanting to wait until daylight to enter, etc.) That are unlike any of the other examples. So, to put it simply, I do like to think of her as a Gar, but one that has been modified somehow.

And yeah, if Sy-Clone is a Gar, then he's gotta be a cyborg Gar
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post

Accept it. Blue= Gar.
    Very true my friend!
    Hilarious
    Also mekaneck body is a gar, the head and the hands...not so much

I can't quite believe I have to post this, but when discussing which fictional characters belong or do not belong to a fictional race, please be sure to treat the real, live human beings you're talking to and their opinions with respect.

Thanks so much!
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by KeldorTheCursed View Post
    For the record, although I like the idea of Shokoti being a Gar, I still think she has been altered in some way. She had very vampiric traits in her episode (fangs, being entombed, the archaeologist wanting to wait until daylight to enter, etc.) That are unlike any of the other examples. So, to put it simply, I do like to think of her as a Gar, but one that has been modified somehow.

And yeah, if Sy-Clone is a Gar, then he's gotta be a cyborg Gar
    Actually that is just a techno suit, not part of him. But depending on how you look at him, you could see that, and I'm not sure but I think the Vintage figure was not meant to be wearing a suit....I haven't gotten into the Filmation episodes yet with him in them....so I'm not sure.

But he indeed looks like a CyGar....not Cigar....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    :o Stratos unhelmetted is Wolverine?!?!?! :o
    I think he got a little too much Avion Angel Dust before being in that pic if you ask me....that would explain the hair and wide eyes....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

In the MYP series, there were only 4 characters to be blue skinned - Keldor, Sy-Clone, Tuvar and Vormus. Using the multi species world they created, which is now being used prominently, and nothing being mentioned regarding space travel, one can speculate that they all came from the same species of a blue skinned people - Gar.

Keldor being half, Sy-Clone being an android of some sort, Tuvar and Vormus both having elongated ears and red eyes would indicate how they would originally look. We did not see if Vormus had fangs.

Tuvar. I'd classify him as a Gar - a more warlike race of Gar, with red eyes and ridged head but of the same species. Like the Romulans and Vulcans are from the same species yet they are different races.

Kronis was not a Gar for the MYP series but he is in the DC canon and if one is trying to encompass all media into one, like Classics, then one can speculte that he is a Gar as well, just from another region (like a hotter climate) of the planet/dimension of Infinita which would explain his darker complexion. Or you can see him as green skinned and "shirtless" if you prefer the vintage comics.

Illumina and the Gar council of Elders in the MVC all had the pointy ears but white eyes which could be indicative of a more morally good natured race of Gars, which would explain the non ridged heads or fangs.

Shokoti. a vampiric like sorceress with blue skin. She can be seen as a Gar as well who changed in appearance slightly due to her corruptive nature of using dark magic - black eyes.

The two blue skinned villains shown previously from Filmation - can be associated as Gars too

Sy-Clone - MYP - seem to be an android of some kind left by someone in Anwat Gar to defend the Lagacy stones which he had been doing for what looked like, centuries. Filmation - He wears a suit to fly, a high tech Gar warrior as opposed to the magic weilding ones that are shown as villains.

The ridged helmet that Sy-Clone wears can just be a sign of their ancestry. To add in Strato's Avion people, their helmets can be a homage to the Gar as well. Their technology helped them advance as a species. That was one huge ship they had in that MYP episode where they were going to war with the Andreenids.

To have as many of this (Gar) species to MOTU does add depth to the overall stories. Shows that the Gar were an important species to Eternian history. Maybe they're the ones that stopped the spreading of the techno virus which gave Eternia advances in technology. Who built Central Tower anyways, or is this already known somewhere?

Its always fun to speculate and to bring in certain elements of all media into one canon, which at the end of the day, is YOUR canon. It shouldn't matter what's official or what isn't, especially when the mythos always changes, making it your own is what counts and whats more enjoyable at the end.
    Last edited by Count Judas; February 19, 2013 at 04:06pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I'm a Gar squirrel, & I find this thread offensive.

Does Galactus fart?

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I take it you are a Blue Mountain Squirrel?
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    In the MYP series, there were only 4 characters to be blue skinned - Keldor, Sy-Clone, Tuvar and Vormus. Using the multi species world they created, which is now being used prominently, and nothing being mentioned regarding space travel, one can speculate that they all came from the same species of a blue skinned people - Gar.

Keldor being half, Sy-Clone being an android of some sort, Tuvar and Vormus both having elongated ears and red eyes would indicate how they would originally look. We did not see if Vormus had fangs.

Tuvar. I'd classify him as a Gar - a more warlike race of Gar, with red eyes and ridged head but of the same species. Like the Romulans and Vulcans are from the same species yet they are different races.

Kronis was not a Gar for the MYP series but he is in the DC canon and if one is trying to encompass all media into one, like Classics, then one can speculte that he is a Gar as well, just from another region (like a hotter climate) of the planet/dimension of Infinita which would explain his darker complexion. Or you can see him as green skinned and "shirtless" if you prefer the vintage comics.

Illumina and the Gar council of Elders in the MVC all had the pointy ears but white eyes which could be indicative of a more morally good natured race of Gars, which would explain the non ridged heads or fangs.

Shokoti. a vampiric like sorceress with blue skin. She can be seen as a Gar as well who changed in appearance slightly due to her corruptive nature of using dark magic - black eyes.

The two blue skinned villains shown previously from Filmation - can be associated as Gars too

Sy-Clone - MYP - seem to be an android of some kind left by someone in Anwat Gar to defend the Lagacy stones which he had been doing for what looked like, centuries. Filmation - He wears a suit to fly, a high tech Gar warrior as opposed to the magic weilding ones that are shown as villains.

The ridged helmet that Sy-Clone wears can just be a sign of their ancestry. To add in Strato's Avion people, their helmets can be a homage to the Gar as well. Their technology helped them advance as a species. That was one huge ship they had in that MYP episode where they were going to war with the Andreenids.

To have as many of this (Gar) species to MOTU does add depth to the overall stories. Shows that the Gar were an important species to Eternian history. Maybe they're the ones that stopped the spreading of the techno virus which gave Eternia advances in technology. Who built Central Tower anyways, or is this already known somewhere?

Its always fun to speculate and to bring in certain elements of all media into one canon, which at the end of the day, is YOUR canon. It shouldn't matter what's official or what isn't, especially when the mythos always changes, making it your own is what counts and whats more enjoyable at the end.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar

I really like this kind of insights that add depth to the mythos. Very much agreed. Well, except that in my canon the whole techno-virus nonsense is non-existent. But I do like the idea of Gars having been important in advancing the technology of the planet in the past (with humans then "borrowing" their knowledge and afterwards attributing its discovery to themselves while denigrating and ostracizing the Gars, which is an all too human attitude).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; February 19, 2013 at 04:34pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

To go a bit deeper, yes the Eternians distrusted the Gars for being too technologically advanced, therefore, too powerful and a threat to them as a whole. Add in the Gars that were corrupted due to the magic elements of Eternia, elevated this animosity towards the Gar. Just an overall sense of history to add to MOTU.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior
    To go a bit deeper, yes the Eternians distrusted the Gars for being too technologically advanced, therefore, too powerful and a threat to them as a whole. Add in the Gars that were corrupted due to the magic elements of Eternia, elevated this animosity towards the Gar. Just an overall sense of history to add to MOTU.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    You referring to this?

Cause with him mentioning Ian there, that's why I said in my original post that from cartoon-people it was confirmed that Kronis was not a Gar. Though
    maybe I misinterpreted it?
    The post in question is ambiguously worded. Allow me to clarify:

According to Dean Stefan and Michael Halperin, in the Mike Young Productions animated series, Sy-Klone is the Last Defender of the Temple at Anwat Gar, but he is not "Gar."

According to Ian Richter, in the Mike Young Productions animated series, Keldor is the first born twin brother of Randor, and is therefore not "Gar," and Kronis is not "Gar."

According to Emiliano Santalucia, in the MVCreations comic book series, Kronis is not "Gar," Keldor is half "Gar," and Sy-Klone is "Gar."

The confusion arises from the creators of the animated series and the creators of the comic book series having different intentions. The notion of an ethnic group consisting of characters with blue skin called "Gars" is not officially established in either series, but the comic book was at least operating from this notion.

Does this help?
    Last edited by Adam_Prince of Eternia; February 20, 2013 at 12:56am.

If it sort of looks like a duck, sort of acts like a duck, and sort of sounds like a duck, then it is a duck ( or some deformed/ hybrid/ self mutilating kind?)

Yep! Scientific speculation is smart and fun!
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashtoys View Post
    If it sort of looks like a duck, sort of acts like a duck, and sort of sounds like a duck, then it is a duck ( or some deformed/ hybrid/ self mutilating kind?)

Yep! Scientific speculation is smart and fun!
    Yep, it sure is.

...and so is sarcasm
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Heroic Warrior

In my mind.

Keldor - Part Gar
    Keldor's Unnamed Mother - Gar
    Illumina - Gar
    Council Of Wisdom Women - Gar
    Council Of Wisdom Man - Gar
    Tuvar - Either another race from another planet or a mutated gar race. Some cannon identified him as Dai.
    Kronis - Mutant from Denebria.
    Cy-Chop - Mutant From Denebria
    Vormus - Gar
    Council Of Elders Woman - Gar
    Hexon The Horrible - Gar
    Sy-Klone - Once a Gar, but know a cyborg.
    Chamon (Beast-Man:Icons Of Evil) - Gar
    Shokoti - Vampire-Like Being
    Jarvan - Gar
    Duke Drear - Gar
    Ditzstroyer - Gar
    Last edited by Clawful94; April 2, 2013 at 07:57am.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I can't quite believe I have to post this, but when discussing which fictional characters belong or do not belong to a fictional race, please be sure to treat the real, live human beings you're talking to and their opinions with respect.

Thanks so much!
    Jon
    you want a bunch of online nerds, squabbling about the origins of blue-skinned people and monsters to respect the ones they disagree with? have you spent any time here? im going to start a thread about how awesome Spector is. see what happens.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    good job guys. I think that just about covers the gars.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor