Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: List of Gar Characters

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I don't think Tuvar is a Gar. I don't even think he is from the planet Eternia. My impression has always been that Tuvar and Baddra were intergalactic bounty hunters from other worlds. There are no speices on Eternia that resemble either of them. Yes, Tuvar is blue, but he is a bright royal blue. All of the known Gar are pale blue. Also, Tuvar has three ridges on his bald head, and he has bright yellow cat eyes, and fangs that protrude past his lips. He just looks too different to be a Gar. Simply having blue skin shouldn't make a character a Gar.
    You didn't read the thread, with our theory on the ridges, fangs, and eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    You didn't read the thread, with our theory on the ridges, fangs, and eyes.
    Yes, I did read the entire thread. Best not to make assumptions like that. I simply don't agree with any of your theories

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I did read the entire thread. Best not to make assumptions like that. I simply don't agree with any of your theories
    Best to be clear then with regards to simply disagreeing on the theory. Your post made it seem like you didn't read the thread because you simply stated "Tuvar has three ridges on his bald head, and he has bright yellow cat eyes, and fangs that protrude past his lips. He just looks too different to be a Gar". We had already established these points, and offered reasons as to why this might be the case, so by simply stating this without stating you disagreed with the theory, I think it is pretty obvious as to why one would make such an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Given the amount of [insert PC term for "racial"] hatred amongst humans throughout history, it shouldn't be any difficult to understand why humans would mistrust the members of, not only a different [insert PC term for "race"], but a different species altogether. I guess Neanderthals weren't held in high esteem by our Cro-Magnon ancestors, to the point they actually drove them into extinction after invading their lands.

I could be that ear pointiness and cranial ridge prominence are distinctive features of particular Gar [insert PC term for "races"]. Not every human has epincanthal folds, an aquiline nose or melanin-poor hair/eye/skin.
    understanding why and how are two different things. Did the Gar come Illumina and come into conflict with Eternians over some land, which was often the reason for racial or ethnic group dissonance. Both came to a tract of land they both thought the for whatever reason had ownership of and came into conflict. Or difference in logic, like some cultures borrowing doesn't need a verbal agreement to initiate because they are more communally minded.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    understanding why and how are two different things. Did the Gar come Illumina and come into conflict with Eternians over some land, which was often the reason for racial or ethnic group dissonance. Both came to a tract of land they both thought the for whatever reason had ownership of and came into conflict. Or difference in logic, like some cultures borrowing doesn't need a verbal agreement to initiate because they are more communally minded.
    Great questions! I think the Gar identity opens up so much potential in the MOTU mythos. I'd like to see it worked into the film!

Great questions! I think the Gar identity opens up so much potential in the MOTU mythos. I'd like to see it worked into the film!
    That would add a nice, relatable level to the movie that might reach a wider audience and give it a little more critical appeal.

Whatever the theory is, it's all speculation, and nothing concrete, you can speculate all you want it won't turn to fact unless, Scott and Mattel makes it so, so until then, Kronis is not Gar, Tuvar is not Gar, and despite any assumptions made, it does take more than the same skin color to make the same species. Klingons are the same basic skin tones as Black people, but they are far from being the same species....and they have forehead ridges and sharper teeth....

"He looks too different to be a Gar" to me sounds plausible, because he is different, and if Tuvar was green, we wouldn't even be having this topic. Skin color doesn't make you the same race or species as someone else.

Hell for all you know, Tuvar could be Andorian, just missing the little horns....they have forehead ridges too....yet they are not Klingons....Or he could be a damn mutated Smurf for that matter. Regardless, it's all speculation, and theory is just theory, it's not truth unless it's proven. And the truth is, Kronis and Tuvar are not officially Gar in Classics or pre Classics canon, and that is all I care about.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Klingons are the same basic skin tones as Black people, but they are far from being the same species....and they have forehead ridges and sharper teeth....
    They don't like to talk about that time.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

In the mythos for MOTU regarding the Gar, I like to believe that the Gar species were distrusted in Eternia due to their reputation for being a war like people in the eyes of Eternians. I'm sure there are sub groups within the Gar species which would explain the different blue skin pigmentations and the ridged heads and fangs, ie. Kronis, Tuvar and Shokoti. Gars like Tuvar may be more warlike, while the ones that are more humanoid, are more peaceful. Maybe a war within Infinita led many to leave the dimension/planet and some settled on Eternia looking for a peaceful habitat. But having such technological advances that the people of Eternia did not made them fearful and distrusted as a species. Once settled, the magic of Eternia may have corrupted a large group of Gars which led to even more distrust and hate as some became sorcerers and high tech criminals. The people of Eternia blamed their planet's woes on these "invaders" for hundreds of years. Just my take on the whole the Gar distrust thing in the mythos.
    P.S. I don't care what becomes official, especially if it comes from the motuc bios or dc comics as motu is never really official with so many changes. lol
    Last edited by Count Judas; February 18, 2013 at 10:24pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Whatever the theory is, it's all speculation, and nothing concrete, you can speculate all you want it won't turn to fact unless, Scott and Mattel makes it so, so until then, Kronis is not Gar, Tuvar is not Gar, and despite any assumptions made, it does take more than the same skin color to make the same species. Klingons are the same basic skin tones as Black people, but they are far from being the same species....and they have forehead ridges and sharper teeth....

"He looks too different to be a Gar" to me sounds plausible, because he is different, and if Tuvar was green, we wouldn't even be having this topic. Skin color doesn't make you the same race or species as someone else.

Hell for all you know, Tuvar could be Andorian, just missing the little horns....they have forehead ridges too....yet they are not Klingons....Or he could be a damn mutated Smurf for that matter. Regardless, it's all speculation, and theory is just theory, it's not truth unless it's proven. And the truth is, Kronis and Tuvar are not officially Gar in Classics or pre Classics canon, and that is all I care about.
    Of course, but in reverse having distinguishing features does not make a different species either.

Game. Set. Match. My friend.

I know it is all speculation bro, but it is fun to theorize.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Actually, it was confirmed that this was the intention of the MVCreations comic book in a post by illustrator Emiliano Santalucia regarding the subject on He-Man.org.
    You referring to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    You've got official word from Ian Richter and me:Keldor is Gar, Sy-Klone is Gar, Kronis isn't.
    Cause with him mentioning Ian there, that's why I said in my original post that from cartoon-people it was confirmed that Kronis was not a Gar. Though
    maybe I misinterpreted it?

Heroic Warrior
    Jukka.... I'd LOVE to se a Scrolls of Eternia episode on the Gar!!!
    Last edited by Vikor; February 19, 2013 at 01:36am.

Jukka.... I'd LOVE to se a Scrolls of Eternia episode on the Gar!!!
    I plan to cover the MYP-series on Scrolls of Eternia soon, and will touch upon the subject of Gar in episodes where it's appropriate.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I plan to cover the MYP-series on Scrolls of Eternia soon, and will touch upon the subject of Gar in episodes where it's appropriate.
    Excellent! I REALLY look forward to it!

- - - Updated - - -

One might be forgiven for thinking these are different spieces given how different their external features are, but a Gar is still a Gar, er I mean, a Dog is still a Dog.

Gars are simply Drules that were abandoned on Eternia after the defeat of the Drule Empire by The Horde.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Shokoti has not been confirmed as being Gar -- yet.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Shokoti has not been confirmed as being Gar -- yet.
    No, she has not, and I get she was trapped for a long time then released later, and she could very well be a Gar, but in Filmation she was never confirmed this, as I don't even believe "Gar" had been coined yet, and if she is in Classics in her bio, I'm OK with that. But in saying that, I don't use everything the Classics bios say anyway, I use Filmation then if something new and official makes sense, and fits with Filmation, then I use it in my own personal canon. And if she is officially made a Gar, it's up to you if you choose to use it or not....like I said, I use what I want and scrap the rest. I still acknowledge it as canon within "Classics" but not for pre Classics....as it has been said, Classics is it's own canon. I'll just use the figures, and scrap the bios for the most part....especially most of the real names.

But whatever canon is yours, use it.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Tuvar as Gar

grasping-at-straws1.jpg

and yes, I've also read the whole thread
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Excellent! I REALLY look forward to it!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.iwannapet.com/pug.jpg
    http://animal.discovery.com/images/b...ound_05_lg.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pC6CX8sX9a...St+Bernard.jpg
    http://funny.nonk.info/pages/pics/fu...ly_dogs_05.jpg
    http://www.dogsofoakville.com/page2/...tzu-fb.jpg.jpg

One might be forgiven for thinking these are different spieces given how different their external features are, but a Gar is still a Gar, er I mean, a Dog is still a Dog.
    Iīm trying to not take it to serious but what you are presenting here aren't races or species these are breedings humanly forced mutations to "improve" a species to the breeders own ideals and ideas.

I truly hope the Gar werenīt treated like that as i think no species at all should be treated like that.

Humans look all different but we all share the same features, so i guess when there is a race with pointy ears and no ridges than a individual who has ridges, fangs and red eyes might not be the same race despite a similar skin color.

For example:

Star Treks Vulcans vs Romulans:

Similar looking, iīm not sure i think million years ago they had the same ancestors but they evolved very differently despite there similarities and now they are two different species living on different planets even.

And by the way one species has ridges on their foreheads and the other hasnīt

Last edited by Niki; February 19, 2013 at 09:56am.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Iīm trying to not take it to serious but what you are presenting here aren't races or species these are breedings humanly forced mutations to "improve" a species to the breeders own ideals and ideas.

I truly hope the Gar werenīt treated like that as i think no species at all should be treated like that.

Humans look all different but we all share the same features, so i guess when there is a race with pointy ears and no ridges than a individual who has ridges, fangs and red eyes might not be the same race despite a similar skin color.

For example:

Star Treks Vulcans vs Romulans:

Similar looking, iīm not sure i think million years ago they had the same ancestors but they evolved very differently despite there similarities and now they are two different species living on different planets even.

And by the way one species has ridges on their foreheads and the other hasnīt
    Romulans are Vulcans, that never gave up the emotions during the time of Surak. Timeline wise you are only looking at a few thousand years separating them. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Romulan_history

I don't buy into the idea that Tuvar could be a Gar at all. None of the Gar have ridges on their heads, and none of them have red eyes. Tuvar is also a different shade of blue (royal blue), and all of the Gar are light blue. It has never been stated that Kronis (Trap-jaw) is a Gar, so it is purely fan speculation at this time to suggest that he is one.

All these theories about "interspecies breeding" is just fans grabbing at straws to support a weak arguement. To suggest that Tuvar is a Gar, simply because he has blue skin, also suggests that every blue character in MOTU must be a Gar. If that is the case, than Filmation Hordak, Stonedar, Webstor, and Orko must be Gar too. In fact, the "interspecies breeding" theory can work for these characters as well:

Gar + Meteorb = Stonedar
    Gar + Andreenid = Webstor
    Gar + Thenurian = Orko
    Gar + Manchine = Filmation Hordak
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 19, 2013 at 10:15am.

I don't buy into the idea that Tuvar could be a Gar at all. None of the Gar have ridges on their heads, and none of them have yellow eyes. Tuvar is also a different shade of blue (royal blue), and all of the Gar are light blue.
    Agreed. Tuvar is NOT a Gar aswell as Kronis, who is, according to his bio, from the dimension of Infinita.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    No, we don't all share the same features. Some have epicanthal folds, others don't. Some people have a narrow aquiline nose, others a wide snub one. Some people have a dolicocephalic skull, others are brachycephalic. Some people have wisdom teeth, others don't. Heck, there are even people with more than five fingers per hand. Not to talk about the wide variety in hair, eye and skin colors. And just look at the physical differences between humans of opposite sexes (many others species do not display such obvious outward differences between males and females, and particularly, most females of other species are not identifiable by prominent mammary glands on their breasts and smaller curvaceous bodyshapes). It could be that pointy ears, prominent cranial ridges, longer fangs and/or red eyes are recessive traits in Gars, and/or sex-specific traits.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

We are also dealing with a fantasy story, which tend to focus on specific traits and physical characteristics to define a race/species.

Now the scifi elements could go the route of a more scifi approach which is a bit more based on reality, but the variances are often done for the sole purpose of dealing with a planets racial prejudice. Star Trek being the prime example of this.

[QUOTE=Count Judas;3214592]In the mythos for MOTU regarding the Gar, I like to believe that the Gar species were distrusted in Eternia due to their reputation for being a war like people in the eyes of Eternians. [QUOTE]

This is pretty much how I see it. I don't rule out Infinitia, but I like to think of the Gar as being a war-like race, similar to Klingons.

That being said, I don't think Tuvar is a Gar.
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies