Thread: Who was the first figure to get a white mailer

Widget

Who was the first figure to get a white mailer

Now Ive looked online for 30 minutes and cant find any info on when the white mailers started. I know somebody has this info. Was mer man the first??? Just wondering what first run figures didnt come with a white mailer.

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I honestly don't know about classics, but I know 200X Exclusives She-ra, Moss Man & Keldor did before classics started up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by EMOTOR View Post
    Now Ive looked online for 30 minutes and cant find any info on when the white mailers started. I know somebody has this info. Was mer man the first??? Just wondering what first run figures didnt come with a white mailer.
    He-Ro was the first figure to get a white mailer box and first regular monthly figure was Tri-Klops. First run figures of He-Man, Beast Man, Skeletor, Stratos, Faker, Mer-Man, Zodac (the only figure that never got an actual reissue and thus never got the white box either), Hordak & Man-At-Arms didn't have a white box.

- Joni -
    Last edited by EuroCoin; February 18, 2013 at 04:33pm.
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

On a side note, I bought a Hordak a while back to make my Filmation Hordak custom, when he arrived, it was a first edition, and he didn't have a mailer.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    He-Ro was the first figure to get a white mailer box and first regular monthly figure was Tri-Klops. First run figures of He-Man, Beast Man, Skeletor, Stratos, Faker, Mer-Man, Zodac (the only figure that never got an actual reissue and thus never got the white box either), Hordak & Man-At-Arms didn't have a white box.

- Joni -
    Yep... The first two figures to get the White Mailer treatment were July 2009. He-Ro & Tri-Klops. The first mailer to show the character name was Jan 2010 with Adora. When the original 2008/2009 figures went back into actual production (the only ones that truly did), they received the blank mailers as well.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Yep... The first two figures to get the White Mailer treatment were July 2009. He-Ro & Tri-Klops. The first mailer to show the character name was Jan 2010 with Adora. When the original 2008/2009 figures went back into actual production (the only ones that truly did), they received the blank mailers as well.
    Where can I get white mailers? My ex-boyfriend thought he was being all efficient a few years back and recycled all my older figures blank boxes (I could have killed him when it happened). So some of my older figures between He-Ro and Adora are missing the white boxes and I want them back - mainly because they are easier to store. Even though the front was blank the rear had the figures unique UPC. Do people sell them on Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Where can I get white mailers? My ex-boyfriend thought he was being all efficient a few years back and recycled all my older figures blank boxes (I could have killed him when it happened). So some of my older figures between He-Ro and Adora are missing the white boxes and I want them back - mainly because they are easier to store. Even though the front was blank the rear had the figures unique UPC. Do people sell them on Ebay?
    Yes.... the "blank" ones have unique product codes and UPCs. You can match to the codes/upcs on the figure package itself.
    Only one that DOES NOT have any type of white box is Zodac.

I've never looked for them on eBay, but I bought a couple old ones off some members through the marketplace here. Watch out though, cause shipping costs can outweigh the benefit. I recommend looking for someone to ship them "flat".
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I remember that by the time I got Man at Arms people were upset w the way the figures were arriving beat up etc. I was fortunate to always get at least one good MOC one. It was definitely He-Ro and after for the white mailers. I'm sure glad we got them too... My 4 subs for Ram Man and Jitsu just arrived and it looks like the box probably dropped off the conveyer belt 4 or 5 times from 7 to 10 feet high all the way from Ontario CA to my front door.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!