Thread: One small step towards normalcy...

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar

One small step towards normalcy...

Hello, It's been nearly a year since I've posted anything I believe. It was discovered on July 26 of last year that my wife had a brain tumor. She was away from home (either in the hospital or in rehab) for 5 months. She's been home since December 15 and things are very gradually returning to normal but there is still a long, long way to go. It's been unimaginably difficult especially with two little He-Fans running around who each celebrated a birthday while mommy was in the hospital. My son turned 6 in August and my daughter turned 4 in December.

My wife is doing very well now considering things were very dismal for several weeks when she was virtually unresponsive to any outside stimuli. She did not speak at all until Thanksgiving day. She is still unable to walk on her own but she is improving a little every day.

Anyway, I did not know what to do with myself today! With it being a holiday there was no work, no school, kids were at grammy's and there was no outpatient therapy for my wife. Days like this are few and far between. I decided to pretty much just be a vegetable and surfed the web most of the day. That brought me here where I haven't been in so long but used to visit quite frequently even though I have never been very vocal or involved with much other than a random post here and there.

I'm just taking this rare opportunity to check back in with the MOTU community and I'm always looking for any words of encouragement or advice from anyone who is or knows someone who is a brain tumor survivor.

Thanks
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

I don't have any advice or anything, but I'm glad things are doing better for her.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Master of New Adventures!
    Heartbreaking; all the more so with young children involved.

You, your wife and your children will be in my family's prayers at our morning meal.

Stay strong. Many depend upon you.

Heroic Warrior
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family, Sleeper. Welcome back to the board!

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome back sleeper.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    Thanks guys. Your kind words, positive vibes and thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Heartbreaking; all the more so with young children involved.

You, your wife and your children will be in my family's prayers at our morning meal.

Stay strong. Many depend upon you.
    Very well said.

Welcome back! Bless you and your family. Slow and steady does indeed win the race!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.