View Poll Results: Should some figures have there respective action feature?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all action feature figures (like TP He-man etc) should have the respective action features!

15 15.31%
  • Yes, but only some of the figures (like LP He-man etc) so it doesn't affect design or posability

36 36.73%
  • No, i'm not interest in any sorts of action features

30 30.61%
  • i don't care at all, just keep them coming!

17 17.35%

Thread: Action-Features holding back some figures?

Action-Features holding back some figures?

There seems to be a lot of disagreement when it comes to choose whether or not possible future figures, like TP he-man, hurrican hordak etc, should or not have the classic action feature. That may cause doubts for future productions,

So, Should some figures have there respective action feature?
    Last edited by Arkangel; January 27, 2010 at 08:56am.

I'm going to go with some figures. I think Battle Armor He-Man would have been more fun and easier to display without having to remove the armor, and hurricane Hordak could easily have a removable arm that has the action feature right inside it. Thunder Punch He-Man...eh. Not so much. He doesn't need to have caps; I'd much rather see a translucent electrical impact that you can attach to his hand to indicat the power and allow you to get him in a mid-punching-some-sucka-out pose.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think it should be on some figs that require it like Tri-Klops and Man-E-Faces.

If it's a passive feature like Scare Glow's glow or Stinkor or Moss Man's scent and they can add it that's great. I don't see any reason why things like that can't be added. It doesn't affect the sculpt or articulation in any way. Moss Man's moss was more a problem than these!

If it's a main thing like Mekaneck's neck and they can't add it, I understand. Would be cool if they did, but I understand why.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kobra Khan being able to shoot water, but I'm not gonna raise a riot about it if he doesn't.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I wouldn't mind seeing Kobra Khan being able to shoot water, but I'm not gonna raise a riot about it if he doesn't.
    yeah me neither, i thought about that 2

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    It was a hard vote but i went with on some figures. There are some figures that absolutely need their action feature as it makes them who they are. EX: Ram Man, Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces, Extendar, Rio Blast, Snake Face, Mosquitor, Dragstor, Kobra Kahn( to a lesser extent), Panthor ( Flocking while not an action feature is ESSENTIAL for this figure IMHO) and a few others.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm going to go with some figures. I think Battle Armor He-Man would have been more fun and easier to display without having to remove the armor, and hurricane Hordak could easily have a removable arm that has the action feature right inside it. Thunder Punch He-Man...eh. Not so much. He doesn't need to have caps; I'd much rather see a translucent electrical impact that you can attach to his hand to indicat the power and allow you to get him in a mid-punching-some-sucka-out pose.
    Not only would BA He-Man be easier to display, but he would also be more fun with his original action feature.

Caps are definitely outdated. I think that the action feature seen on the 200X Battle Sound He-Man would be perfect for Thunder Punch He-Man.

judging by the votes, and if the producers of this line really care about what we think, i'd say the action feature figures are definitly holding back some figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I think it should be on some figs that require it like Tri-Klops and Man-E-Faces.
    I don't think Man-E-Faces requires his original action feature - personally, I'd rather see him come with three heads and a removable helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    It was a hard vote but i went with on some figures. There are some figures that absolutely need their action feature as it makes them who they are. EX: Ram Man, Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces, Extendar, Rio Blast, Snake Face, Mosquitor, Dragstor, Kobra Kahn( to a lesser extent), Panthor ( Flocking while not an action feature is ESSENTIAL for this figure IMHO) and a few others.
    I don't believe a lot of those characters "need" their action features - for example, I'd much rather finally have a decent poseable figure of Ram Man than yet another spring-loaded trash can. Snake Face could easily have a second head with extended snakes, and as mentioned above, so could Man-E-Faces (and a third).

I'd personally like to see them maintain the articulation / aesthetic integrity of the line rather than try to force in some action feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    judging by the votes, and if the producers of this line really care about what we think, i'd say the action feature figures are definitly holding back some figures.
    Actually, as I type this, the votes for "No Action Features" match the combined votes in favor of action features. Add in the votes for "Don't Care," and "Yes" votes are outnumbered by 2/3.

It will be interesting to see how the numbers change over time.
    Last edited by j-bird; February 5, 2010 at 08:53pm.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    No, i'm not interest in any sorts of action features. This is the adult MOTUC line. Thank you.

i don't think the figures need action features. i don't consider spinning visors and such as action features, say like bouncy legs for rammy. Don't do it, it would ruin the figure. i will not fill khan with water, just keep them looking cool with full articulation. little things like trappy's mouth movement or if rattlor's tail rattled would be cool but if that tail didn't rattle i wouldn't care. if at all possible i would love all the pull outs for rio. i thinks it could be done and wouldn't interfere with articulation. AND please please please do not give rio a gigantic 2000s gun hand.
    Last edited by MANGLORD; February 6, 2010 at 09:18am.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post

I'd personally like to see them maintain the articulation / aesthetic integrity of the line rather than try to force in some action feature.
    Exactly. Give us action features where neccesary as long as they don't ruin the look of the figure.

For example:
    On characters like Modulok, I'd prefer for him to have his pull apart action feature so that I can make him look more like the Filmation version with 1 head, 2 arms and 3 legs since that wouldn't affect the sculpt like a huge lever would affect a character with a different action feature
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I think some of the action features are interesting, but only with certain characters, like Ram Man and ManEFaces.

I personally never cared for most of the He-Man variations, with the exception of BA He-Man and Skeletor. TP and LP He-Man was just plain stupid to me, and always felt like a reason to re-release the He-Man figure.

The only other Skeletor I liked, was Dragon Blaster Skeletor, but that was only because it was such a cool design.

BA He-Man was just He-Man with battle armor, which makes perfect sense to me, right along with Snake Armor He-Man. A half-naked man running around with a loin cloth, is sure to get wounded pretty frequently.

But for me, TP and LP added nothing to the character, other than another goofy gimmick. Same with all the Hordaks as well. C'mon, BuzzSaw Hordak??? Yeah, I'm good on that.

I'm against action features- I want my figures to look good, not be compromised by silly kid gimmicks. The core "gimmick" of this line is articulation. any action feature a)interferes with articulation and or b) requires intricate tooling to pull off needs to be taking off the table or reworked.

IMHO Mossman one of those figures that is terrible because the "action feature" aka the moss.

I don't want to see Ramman or Hisss become un-pose-able bricks. Characters like Man-e-faces and Roboto need to go back to the drawing board. Manny could work with swappable heads, Roboto could retain the gears- just not the internal movement.

I like the action features. They're a kick and a hoot and a holler:P They make me laugh. That's why I like He-Man toys. They were fun!

Articulation never really bothered me all that much as long as they can stand up!
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Hurricane Hordak didn't have an action feature that needed the cog wheel including on the back of the figure. The fact they put that on there ruined the aesthetic of the figure.

I hope they don't sculpt an unneccesary lever on Mantenna or a wheel on Tung Lashor.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I hope they don't sculpt an unneccesary lever on Mantenna or a wheel on Tung Lashor.
    agreed, the way things been going i can see mantenna coming with two sets of eyes, one stretch and the other small enough to keep them in the eye sockets

Hated action features as a child...and i dont like them now....
    so no thanks!
    The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal
    The revolution will not get rid of the nubs
    The revolution will not make you look five pounds thinner
    Because the revolution will not be televised, Brother

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like if figures like Mantenna, Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Mosquitor or Snakeface could come with their action feature.

Same goes for Laser Light Skeletor and He-Man...

I dont really want action features, besides things that are simple inclusions, like Tri Klops's visor spinning, or Trap Jaws jaw opening and parts changing.

Roboto I wanted to look like he does but it didnt matter if the gears worked. Man E Faces is a perfect example of how you can do non invasive "action features".

But things like caps in Thunder Punch... nah.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i really dont care for the action features in possible adult figures.
    action features just get in the way.
    take clawfuls action claw for example. you can pose it with the open claw if wanted to.
    characters like mekeneck, ram man, king hssss, blast attack & others are better off.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I'm going to say action features in some of the figs. Mouths opening and closing, faces turning, etc. seems pretty easy to encorporate into the figs that need it even in this adult toy line.

But caps in TP He-Man is certainly NOT needed, imo. That's kind of extreme. I DO love that flame lookin' thing in his hand to indicate a powerful right hand punch. That's just genius by the 4H.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

I actually liked the BA He-Man feature, should he have had it now....maybe, but he still looks decent, I had TP He-Man too, and I liked both, but now I like the TP He-Man more that BA in Classics, and they really don't need the actions. I prefer the nostalgia of seeing these new figures look like the old versions, but much better, and well articulated.

Although some like Meck-A-Neck & Ram Man I think would need something, otherwise they should have a name change to Meck-A-No-Neck & Cantram-Man. Really for me the only 4 left that had action features for me to need were the 2 mentioned, and Mantenna, and Dragstor, and to be honest, they don't need the features, it would be nice if in the ab section to make Dragstor's wheel turn, and a second head for Mantenna with the eyes raised, would be fine to me. But mine stay MOSC anyway, but even if not, i'd prefer aesthetics to gimmicks...except where absolutely needed...(Ram-Man & Meck-A-Neck)
    Recent.... Spirit of Grayskull
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu, Perfuma, Masque, Crita & Vultak
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor & the new Filmation line.

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snappy Threader
    I don't think they should have action features. II feel like the action feature would somehow make the figures more awkward and less realistic looking.....