View Poll Results: Would you support Eternia Playset for $500/600?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Its a must and I would commit to Presales

24 30.38%
  • No, its just too much and to big.

55 69.62%

Thread: Mattel/ 4 HorseMen/ ToyGuru look and see the chance of the 3 Towers Of Eternia!! Plea

Mattel/ 4 HorseMen/ ToyGuru look and see the chance of the 3 Towers Of Eternia!! Plea

So guys

I have this insane dream that we might be able to get Eternias 3 Towers, made possible as now we are getting Grayskull this year.
    Although I think we will get Snake Mountain, prob for around $350 first, I would really , really love to get the Towers of Eternia.

As the original was so big and so expensive Likley the new version would also. Im thinking arouno fd $500/600.

I would support this and buy one. WOULD YOU?

Be a great way to convince Mattel and the Horsemen to get thinking about it now!

I would as long as they do one tower at a time, with price increases and I also collect a couple lines at a time, my wallet needs a rest. But I'd be down for it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

No. I'd really have nowhere to put it, but first and foremost the cost of it would be too much. And after what's gone down with CG, i doubt we'll even see Snake Mountain which saddens me.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I'd love to get these, but I'd prefer one at a time.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Not on that scale, but if Icon Heroes were to do a smaller scale like Grayskull and the coming Snake Mt. I'd consider it, but honestly, I can do without this set.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Yes! I'm all for more playsets and more diorama pieces (and more vehicles). Among others, I'd like:

Eternia:

Castle Grayskull (done!)
    - Sorceress's throne & Mirror of Knowledge
    - Walkway of the Elders
    Snake Mountain (Filmation with vintage elements)
    - Skeletor's bone throne & table
    - Beast Man's dungeon
    - Tri-Klops' laboratory
    Eternos Palace (Filmation)
    - Royal throne hall
    - Orko's bedroom
    - Royal gardens
    - Man-at-Arm's laboratory
    - Royal dining room
    - Royal library & Melaktha's display room
    Darksmoke
    Avion

Preternia:

Three Towers
    Fright Cave (vintage Fright Zone, retconned as the Horde's base on Preternia)
    Slime Pit (vintage)

Etheria:

Crystal Castle (Filmation, with Light Hope)
    Fright Zone (Filmation, Horde's base on Etheria)
    - Hordak's throne room
    Whispering Woods (build-a-forest set with pinkish bushes, bluish trees with stackable trunks, and snap-together ground pieces)
    Castle Brightmoon
    Beast Island
    Mystacor

Tri-Solar System:

Nordor
    Starship Eternia
    Floating City of Levitan
    Quagmi Swamp
    Galactic City
    Last edited by uaxuctum; February 20, 2013 at 09:24am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Bring on the towers!!!! I'm for this!

Snappy Threader
    Yep. Bring them all on. I am getting rid of everything in my collection other than MOTU and Thundercats (and a few select Mattel figs like Batman and John Cena) so I will have room for all of it. An entire upstairs of my house for MOTU!!! Bring it!

NOPE! I have no room for anything that big and I wouldn't pay out that much. My Grayskull with shipping is under $285.00 so $500.00 to $600.00 for Eternia, sorry but no sale.

I'd consider buying one but I'd rather get Snake Mountain, the Fright Zone, Crystal Castle, the Slime Pit, and Eternos Palace.

Also I think doing too many large playsets (even just one a year at the current prices) would be too much for a lot of people. Maybe a playset every odd numbered year and a vehicle or two every even numbered year would be a good mix.
    Last edited by InspectorZartan; February 20, 2013 at 01:04am.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod/Multibot
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

it would be cool if they made it..but no way id buy that,....
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I would not be able to commit to one, with the recent revelations on the Castle. I am still in for 2 Castles, but I do feel that there was the same slight of hand stuff we always see. I would not commit to one playset for so much with that kind of history.

No. I won't be pre-ordering anything from Matty unless it's revealed in full. I'm too burned after the size changes to Grayskull.

I would like the towers someday, but only 1 at a time to cut down on the high price at 1 time.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Snappy Threader
    14 for 32 against. Not looking good. Though, it could be done seperately, without the rails and weapons and pod and extras for much cheaper....not to scale, but to toy scale such as the original playset. Not sure how much "play value" that would leave, but for a diorama piece.......doable on the cheaper side of 600 bucks.

With all the hubbub going on around Castle Grayskull, I doubt we might even get a Snake Mountain now. Which is really sad, because CG is turning out fantastic IMO.

not voting. i would buy them individually one at a time. i dont belive they would chance offering it that way but if they did that would be prime.

id pay alot as long as it was broken up.

but preorder the whole shebang? cant even guess a vote

Im so dissapointed with people on here. If the powers that be glanced and it was based on our response then we would not be getting the 3 towers at all.
    Its simple really, we want it or not...answers easy! YES OF COURSE WE DO!
    COME ON GUYS COMMIT!..scheeshhhh!

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely not. Imagine all the broken promises regarding CG multiplied by three. Count me out.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    No thanks, too much money to spend and a too big playset.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    Im so dissapointed with people on here. If the powers that be glanced and it was based on our response then we would not be getting the 3 towers at all.
    Its simple really, we want it or not...answers easy! YES OF COURSE WE DO!
    COME ON GUYS COMMIT!..scheeshhhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Absolutely not. Imagine all the broken promises regarding CG multiplied by three. Count me out.
    The problem is Mattel, not that the fans do not really want the Three Towers. I think the reaction would be of major support if the idea were that Mattel licensed the Four Horsemen to release the playset on their own, rather than through Matty+DR+TG+Ruben+MattelDesign+allThatEntails.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog