Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: International Shipping on CG has gone up 394%!!!!

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483

    International Shipping on CG has gone up 394%!!!!

    Well its official folks. Check this out...

    Dear Matty VIP,

    I just realized something. When I placed my order for Castle Grayskull, I was charged only $37.85 for International shipping, but now you are charging $186.10 for international shipping on Castle Grayskull orders. Why the huge discrepancy?
    Thank you for contacting Digital River.

    The shipping cost posted on the site shows the new shipping cost for these orders. The shipping price on your original order reflects 2008 shipping costs and not our actual cost to ship the item. It is due to this discrepancy that we have had to update the shipping prices for all International Post customers to reflect the actual 2013 shipping costs and not the 2008 shipping costs
    Thank you for this response. So what you are saying is that every customer who ordered using International Post will now be charged
    $186.10 for shipping instead of $37.85, is that correct?

    If so, do you plan on notifying all international customers of the change in charges ahead of time? People will be very upset if you don't.

    I'm sorry, but I find it very hard to believe that shipping could have increased by $149.25 on this item. This is an increase of 394%!!!!
    I'll keep you posted as to the response. Looks like I'm cancelling my CG order.

  2. #2
    N7 Horde Operative hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    7,447
    Geez. It's hard not to feel bad for international fans.

  3. #3
    Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,140
    I was charged $100

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior burgun824's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    116
    Good luck having that argument with DRI. I had to retrun my Black Lion from my Club Lion Force sub and the discussion quickly degraded to the "I find it hard to believe" argument. Luckily my issue did end up getting resolved. This, however, is extortion. That works out to be almost 75% of the cost of what your purchasing. That's absurd.
    Kittens are delicious!

  5. #5
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,263
    Is that through DHL? They can ship by USPS Priority Mail International for cheaper than $186, but definitely not $37.85. That price is much too low.

  6. #6
    Master of My Soul MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    9,123
    I'm not sure they can change the shipping price on orders that have already been placed, as we have already been told how much we will be charged. I think they can only change the price of new orders moving forward.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I'm not sure they can change the shipping price on orders that have already been placed, as we have already been told how much we will be charged. I think they can only change the price of new orders moving forward.
    I'll mention this to them when they write back. I'll indicate that it would be a violation of the purchase agreement (i.e., contract) and therefore illegal to charge us more than we initially agreed to pay for shipping. Otherwise, indeed it would be extortion.

    I looked at my order and nothing in the conformation email says anything about shipping being an "estimate". It treats it as the final price. So if they try to charge me more, I'll bring it to my CC company as an unlawful charge.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Well its official folks. Check this out...







    I'll keep you posted as to the response. Looks like I'm cancelling my CG order.
    Well I don't know about you but I didn't pre-order my CG in 2008 so I don't know what DR is talking about. My invoice says $38 to ship and that's what I'm expecting to pay. ALso as I mentioned in the other thread when I add a CG now to my cart shipping is $58 for either DHL or International Post so idk what's going on.

  9. #9
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Well its official folks. Check this out...
    How on earth did you get that $37.85 charge? I was charged around $99 in November.

    When Castle Grayskull was first on sale, they were initially charging about $200 for international shipping; but, due to the immediately ensuing uproar (the relevant thread should still be there somewhere), they soon cut that rate in half to around $100 (it was slightly above $100 for the supposedly "cheap" untracked shipment, and slightly below $100 for DHL).

    The shipping rates have, indeed, been altered with respect to November, but the change has been that the DHL rate has gone down around $7 (from around $99 in November to around $92 now), whereas the untracked shipment (the supposedly "cheap" option that offers no guarantee whatsoever) has shot up through the roof from slightly over $100 (it was around $110 at the most in November) to over $180 now (i.e., almost doubled).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    $58 is shipping to US.

    Shipping international via IP is still $186, and $58 via DHL.

    Also a good point on the 2008 price. I ordered mine in January!

    He's gonna get an earful when he writes back that's for sure!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    How on earth did you get that $37.85 charge? I was charged around $99 in November.
    I ordered the very last day they were selling them, January 4th, 2013 and I was charged $37.85. I'm going to make them honor that amount too. Just wait until he writes back!

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    $58 is shipping to US.

    Shipping international via IP is still $186, and $58 via DHL.

    Also a good point on the 2008 price. I ordered mine in January!

    He's gonna get an earful when he writes back that's for sure!
    I don't see how the $58 shipping is to the US? When I log in I have my address and it's in Ontario and it's still saying $58, Where abouts are you from? How come I don't see any larger charges?

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,081
    The $38 charge is news to me too. Seems more like a domestic shipping charge for US customers. It was indeed $200 initially then dropped to $100 after the near-criminality of the original charge was challenged. DR will be on very dodgy ground if they try to charge more than the contracted price. And that 2008 quote nonsense is the most ridiculous lie they've come up with so far.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    How on earth did you get that $37.85 charge? I was charged around $99 in November.

    When Castle Grayskull was first on sale, they were initially charging about $200 for international shipping; but, due to the immediately ensuing uproar (the relevant thread should still be there somewhere), they soon cut that rate in half to around $100 (it was slightly above $100 for the supposedly "cheap" untracked shipment, and slightly below $100 for DHL).

    The shipping rates have, indeed, been altered with respect to November, but the change has been that the DHL rate has gone down around $7 (from around $99 in November to around $92 now), whereas the untracked shipment (the supposedly "cheap" option that offers no guarantee whatsoever) has shot up through the roof from slightly over $100 (it was around $110 at the most in November) to over $180 now (i.e., almost doubled).
    I ordered my CG on Oct 16th 2012, I think it was the first day of pre-orders, I live in Ontario, Canada and my shipping was $37.85. I'm not sure what's going on with all these crazy charges but I'll use my invoice if they try and screw me over.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    I don't see how the $58 shipping is to the US? When I log in I have my address and it's in Ontario and it's still saying $58, Where abouts are you from? How come I don't see any larger charges?
    I'm in BC. You have to add it to your cart and then proceed to checkout where you can change the shipping option.

    UPDATE...

    Looks like I'm getting my CG shipped for $38 after all!!

    Thank you for contacting Digital River.

    I apologize for any confusion. Orders will be charged the shipping rate
    shown on the order. If your order shows the old shipping rate you will
    be charged that rate, for orders showing the new rate they will be
    charged the new rate.
    Please be aware that DHL shipping for the Castle
    is significantly cheaper then International post. Anytime you are
    processing an order for more then one or two normal weight figures I
    would strongly recommend that you also check the DHL shipping cost as it
    will generally be cheaper. The amount of weight where DHL will be
    cheaper then IP will very based on country so I would recommend each
    customer check for them selves.

    While the cost for the non traceable international post shipping method
    did increase, we were able to find a new traceable shipping carrier for
    International customers that has provided a noticeable drop in price for
    that shipping method. Please also be aware that any orders shipped via
    International Post will not be replaced if lost in shipment.
    This is AWESOME news!!! What a deal!!

  15. #15
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    I ordered my CG on Oct 16th 2012, I think it was the first day of pre-orders, I live in Ontario, Canada and my shipping was $37.85. I'm not sure what's going on with all these crazy charges but I'll use my invoice if they try and screw me over.
    Mines the exact same so I`m glad they aren`t changing our shipping but I do feel for those who will have to to pay $150 more then we do for shipping

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Mines the exact same so I`m glad they aren`t changing our shipping but I do feel for those who will have to to pay $150 more then we do for shipping
    I would be canceling my order if they charged me $150 for shipping. That number is crazy! No one should be paying that much.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    I'm in BC. You have to add it to your cart and then proceed to checkout where you can change the shipping option.

    UPDATE...

    Looks like I'm getting my CG shipped for $38 after all!!



    This is AWESOME news!!! What a deal!!
    I did add to my cart and proceed to checkout and the number was $58. Either way I knew they would have to give us the original shipping charge but this new number for shipping is insane.

  17. #17
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,273
    I added one to my cart too went to my cc page where I could change the shipping option and I get $58 for DHL to Canada then I get $186 for International Post. DHL sounds like a way better option but they are gonna charge out the ying yang for gst, customs and brokering your item so either way I see being expensive for people who are ordering now
    Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    I would be canceling my order if they charged me $150 for shipping. That number is crazy! No one should be paying that much.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I did add to my cart and proceed to checkout and the number was $58. Either way I knew they would have to give us the original shipping charge but this new number for shipping is insane.
    Last edited by adam03; February 19, 2013 at 02:50pm.

  18. #18
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,583
    If there is nothing on the Matty site specifically stating that the postage was an estimate and could change, they cannot change the higher postage after the fact on existing orders if the original amount is there in writing. That would indeed be illegal.

    Has anyone checked the info on Matty for CG about the postage being negotiable? If there is nothing there about the postage not being finalized and DR tries to do this, it should be reported to the United States Postal Inspection Service (which can be done online http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx ), because I'm certain it falls under one of the categories for mail fraud.

    Now, of course, if there is some caveat on the site about the postage not being final, then they're covered.
    Last edited by scott metzger; February 19, 2013 at 03:14pm.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I added one to my cart too went to my cc page where I could change the shipping option and I get $58 for DHL to Canada then I get $186 for International Post. DHL sounds like a way better option but they are gonna charge out the ying yang for gst, customs and brokering your item so either way I see being expensive for people who are ordering now
    Ya it sucks

    My options were both the same price, DHL and International Post were both $58.

  20. #20
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,971
    I wonder, besides the figures, is there anything about this line that doesn't suck?

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,848
    Glad I never ordered one. I just can’t afford it. Also, after seeing the sculpt at NYTF, whilst it is very good, I genuinely don’t think its worth as much as they’re asking. Especially not once you add in the shipping costs. This is one preorder I’m glad I never went through with.

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    If there is nothing on the Matty site specifically stating that the postage was an estimate and could change, they cannot change the higher postage after the fact on existing orders if the original amount is there in writing. That would indeed be illegal.

    Has anyone checked the info on Matty for CG about the postage being negotiable? If there is nothing there about the postage not being finalized and DR tries to do this, it should be reported to the United States Postal Inspection Service (which can be done online http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx ), because I'm certain it falls under one of the categories for mail fraud.

    Now, of course, if there is some caveat on the site about the postage not being final, then they're covered.
    They already said they would charge whatever your initial order specified.

  23. #23
    Powerful Wizard Arvulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Timeless Dimension
    Posts
    1,394
    I did 2 orders.

    My first order with 2 Castle Grayskull on october 2012:

    Qty Product Name Price Extended Price
    2 Castle Grayskull®
    Boxed Shipment
    $250.00 $500.00
    Sub-Total $500.00
    Shipping $363.95
    Tax $0.00
    Total $863.95

    Another one with 1 Castle Grayskull on November 2012:

    Qty Product Name Price Extended Price on november 2012
    1 Castle Grayskull®
    Boxed Shipment
    $250.00 $250.00
    Sub-Total $250.00
    Shipping $94.30
    Tax $0.00
    Total $344.30

    So, the price decreased from October to November and now it is increasing.... W T F ?
    And I can't see which shipping method I chose....
    $363.95 of shipping.... This order of 2 CGs will be canceled in September! :/

  24. #24
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    They already said they would charge whatever your initial order specified.
    Very responsible and business-like of them.

    Okay, who are these people and what have they done with the real DR?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    Seriously, that is exactly what they should be doing, and it's good to hear they will be honoring their agreement. Maybe they learned something from the flack they took after failing to fulfill the "if you ordered the subs in the same transaction, they will ship together from the first month" pledge they made for the 2012 subs.

    Still, were I an international buyer, I would keep an eye on my credit card when the castle starts shipping; DR is so good at messing even simple things up...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Very responsible and business-like of them.

    Okay, who are these people and what have they done with the real DR?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    Seriously, that is exactly what they should be doing, and it's good to hear they will be honoring their agreement. Maybe they learned something from the flack they took after failing to fulfill the "if you ordered the subs in the same transaction, they will ship together from the first month" pledge they made for the 2012 subs.

    Still, were I an international buyer, I would keep an eye on my credit card when the castle starts shipping; DR is so good at messing even simple things up...
    Well honestly, the only time I have EVER had trouble with DR/Matty is over the phone so I refuse to call them now. If you email them though, especially if you have the direct email of Matty VIP (which I do) they are always very helpful and prompt in their responses.

    Excellent customer service from Matty VIP... abysmal customer service from the peons who answer the phone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •