Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Icon Heroes Snake Mountain Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post
    Just gonna throw this out there:

Does anyone display or play with their MOTUC figures on the original Snake Mountain? How do the current figures stack up?
    I googled it the other day, and it looks rather dwarfed with the MOTUC figures, but here is a nice custom painted vintage set with the new figures:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...snake-mountain...
    Last edited by Darkkosis; September 26, 2013 at 02:31am.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Sounds awesome!! Hints of what any of them might be?
    With the Grayskull accessories... I'm looking at a couple compositions, but my favorite right now is a kind of Isometric view of Grayskull, pullled back further than the original was, so we can see the base, the bridge, Point Dread on the top of it, the flag and gun, etc.

For Snake Mountain? Much like I paid homage to Rudy's original painting, I'd like to do a similar thing with Snake Mountain's box art paying homage to William George's original box art painting... So the sky will be deep blue/black, but we'll be pulled back further to see the mountain.
    There will probably be Skeletor fighting He-Man in there, with a variety of Skeletor's minions and thugs around the mountain paths and such.

I'm actually needing to get it all sketched up nice enough to send onto Icon Heroes and Mattel for approvals. So anything could change at this point.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    With the Grayskull accessories... I'm looking at a couple compositions, but my favorite right now is a kind of Isometric view of Grayskull, pullled back further than the original was, so we can see the base, the bridge, Point Dread on the top of it, the flag and gun, etc.

For Snake Mountain? Much like I paid homage to Rudy's original painting, I'd like to do a similar thing with Snake Mountain's box art paying homage to William George's original box art painting... So the sky will be deep blue/black, but we'll be pulled back further to see the mountain.
    There will probably be Skeletor fighting He-Man in there, with a variety of Skeletor's minions and thugs around the mountain paths and such.

I'm actually needing to get it all sketched up nice enough to send onto Icon Heroes and Mattel for approvals. So anything could change at this point.
    Awwwwww yes......very very nice. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh, so the Grayskull expansion pack will have new art as well!! That's awesome!! Somehow I though you were only talking about Snake Mountain!
    Cannot wait for both!
    Also, any news on possible prints? I got the mousepad during Power-Con but would love a nice print of the Grayskull art.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I have no doubt it will be awesome. You do GREAT work, my friend! Can't wait!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

The Snake Mountain statue was the coolest thing I saw at Power Con. And that's saying something considering how awesome Blade and Scorpia turned out! It actually made me reconsider buying the Grayskull statue after I had already decided to pass on it because I know both of them together will make one heck of a display environment. I can't wait!

Heroic Warrior
    That statue is awesome and I will totally buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Oh, so the Grayskull expansion pack will have new art as well!! That's awesome!! Somehow I though you were only talking about Snake Mountain!
    Cannot wait for both!
    Also, any news on possible prints? I got the mousepad during Power-Con but would love a nice print of the Grayskull art.
    No word on prints right now.

I would love to see this happen for sure... Time will tell.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I googled it the other day, and it looks rather dwarfed with the MOTUC figures, but here is a nice custom painted vintage set with the new figures:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...snake-mountain...
    Ah, thank you!

Yes it makes SM look like the Fright Zone (size wise) but very cool nonetheless!