View Poll Results: If the end really is here, what are your plans?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will sell off my collection altogther.

1 0.94%
  • I will sell the figures I no longer want / need.

5 4.72%
  • I will keep my collection just as it is.

53 50.00%
  • I will go back and fill in the gaps in my collection.

39 36.79%
  • I will donate / gift / beqheathe / pass on my collection.

1 0.94%
  • Other... (explain)

7 6.60%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If the end really is here, what are your plans?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

If the end really is here, what are your plans?

Not to sound pessimistic, because I still firmly believe that the 2015 sub will go through, but should the worst happen and the sub-drive fails to meet the minimum numbers required, what are your plans for afterwards?

To make this clear, I do not want this turning into a coulda, woulda, shoulda, hate thread. There are already way to many of those as is. I am simply curious about those collectors who have held on for so long, those of us who waited for some of our favorite figures, those of us who absolutely needed the vintage lineup to be completed, and those of us who may be indifferent on the matter altogether.

Of course there are many things that can affect a person's state of being when something like this happens. Our emotions are in a whirlwind of ups and downs, and we never know what we might do without thinking rationally. With that said, I've only posted a few options, but please share your thoughts as necessary in the responses.

Let us know what you would do after MOTUC and discuss!

---

*EDIT* This poll is strictly hypothetical!!!!! (still...) But, WE DID IT!! THE 2015 CLUB ETERNIA SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!
    Last edited by Ornclown; August 26, 2014 at 11:59pm.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I will finally be able to buy Granamyr and Castle Greyskull. I will fill in the few remaing gaps I have ( less than 10 figures). Then I will focus my efforts on Star Wars Black.

I will fill holes in my collection..trap jaw, Tri-Klops and others. I Will never sell my collection either and when motuc is finished I will go back to filling holes in my vintage collection.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Warrior
    I will end up buying from customizers to fill the holes of things that were never made. I will keep what I have, and hopefully the prices on FISTO will drop

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I will keep all of coarse!

But I will try to customize the best I can or buy custom figures that I really want that didnt make it into the line before its end.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I might start doing conversion kits to create characters we never got...
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Buy up what I can and customize
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

Being a cherry picker, I only got characters I really wanted to flesh out my 200x collection. So I will be keeping my Classics collection. I may add a few more I thought were cool but didn't buy day of sale cause of x, y, and z.

I will definitely use the opportunity to fill holes in my collection, especially if there are people selling off their collections.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I'll supplement my collection with a few customs (Angella, Peekablue, Perfuma, Saurod, Clawdeen). And I'll consider it finished.

That said, if 2015 doesn't go thru for whatever reason, I will never invest in another line with Matty again. After JLU and now MOTUC, it's a nightmare to get a full collection out of them. They always put in these filler characters that are tepidly received, holding out on fan favorites til the bitter end, and then they charge an arm and a leg for them, IF they make them at all. If 2015 doesn't happen, Mattel loses me forever.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Well I'm one of the few that has pretty much everyone. I think I'm missing Bubble Power She-Ra, but I'm ok with that. If things end I'll definitely keep my collection as-is. I may try to add in some more customs to fill any missing gaps though but I'll be hanging on to my collection for a long time.

If the line ends though I'm not likely going to get into another Masters line. These are everything I could have wanted for a Masters line and I doubt any new one will come close to the selection this one has.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'll be keeping all the figures I have so far.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Other: I will be moving even more heavily into customizing & patronizing "3rd party" creators, to keep my MOTU universe alive and expanding
    MOTUC most wanted: Skelcons, Satma, Lord Masque, Vultak, Great Black Wizard, Slime Pit Bone Warrior, Horde Wraith, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Catra Cat Form, Evil Seed 200X, Old Man Marzo 200X, Prahvus, King Miro, Hunga the Harpy, Skeletor's Robot Knights, Lady Slither, Lady Valtira

Heroic Warrior
    Fill in gaps and other- I will continue to buy Classics wherever I find them, and show Mattel, with my wallet, that the Classics buck(s) can and do still sell well, hopefully giving Mattel a reason to keep using said buck(s)!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Ill keep these forever. I think short term they will stay in most people's collections but without new products I expect to start seeing people selling collections more and more. Maybe ill finally get that second Fisto for my 200x shelf

This:

Quote Originally Posted by S'laargorath View Post
    Other: I will be moving even more heavily into customizing & patronizing "3rd party" creators, to keep my MOTU universe alive and expanding
    I have 'em all, except for Bronze and Spirit of King Grayskull. And, yeah...I still want more.

I will keep my collection forever. There are a few figures I didn't bother getting as have no interest in them but once the line is finished and I start getting withdrawl I may get them off ebay if I see them cheap enough. It's mostly figures from the POP sub. Still haven't opened the Star Sisters after unsuccessfully trying to sell them so may open them up when the line is done and dusted too.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Hmmmm, I should have added an option for "I will customize the remainder of the characters I want."

I already have every figure, playset, and vehicle released so far (90% of which I also have doubles or triples of), so I too will most likely have to customize those characters that did not make the cut. It's a good thing that NA Characters like the Trap-Jaw legs, lol!

Seriously, I really don't see many more NA figures coming, so this will be the best way of "completing" New Adventures for most of us...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

When it's all said and done, I will be most likely weeding out unwanteds such as Nepthu, Sir Laser-Lot, Sky High, Snake Man-At-Arms, etc. and selling them loose on the Marketplace.
    I will keep the ones I truly enjoy and have those out on display
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I will keep my collection just as it is.

The most favored out of my MOTUC collection will stay displayed permanently, just like my NECA TMNT. I'll keep the lesser figures in storage until I decide to swap out or display them.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I voted I'll keep my collection as is although I almost voted other or go back and fill in gaps.

I plan to keep all my figures I have and I have everyone except bronze KG and flocked ears MM -but I will also go about making or commissioning customs of the characters I get screwed out of.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I'll track down a granamyr and maybe a spirit of Hordak, those are really the only two I'm missing from my collection. I'll keep them displayed forever.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I'll be looking to fill in the gaps of my MOTUC collection. Still got lots to buy.

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    There are a few figures I still dont have, so I have a lot of catching up. After that I'll get some more and do a bunch of mixing and creating customs of my own which require no skill. Basically, I'll be collecting Classics for years, even if the line ends with 2014.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Going back and filling in the gaps, and then this:

Quote Originally Posted by S'laargorath View Post
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!