View Poll Results: Who would win in a battle between Beast Man and Grizzlor?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beast Man

30 47.62%
  • Grizzlor

33 52.38%

Thread: MOTUC showdown: Beast Man vs. Grizzlor

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

MOTUC showdown: Beast Man vs. Grizzlor

(For anyone unfamiliar, these are "all out battle scenarios", where you vote for who you think would be victorious in a one-on-one duel)

Last month's MOTUC showdown, Roboto vs. Trap Jaw, saw some great feedback.

With the release of Grizzlor this week, it's time for the duel of the hairy brutes. It can only be...
    BEAST MAN vs. GRIZZLOR

Let's take a brief look at the stats:

BEAST MAN - Dimwitted but sly. Can control many wild beasts. Armed with a whip.

GRIZZLOR - Again, not the smartest being, but has brute strength. Armed with a crossbow, axe, macette and sword.

For sake of argument, characters are only equipped with whatever accessories their MOTUC figure comes with - no "xxx pulls out a cannon" or whatever. They are the only characters involved in the duel - no calling for backup.

PLEASE NOTE: This is voting for who you think would win in a battle scenario - NOT voting for your favourite character / figure.

Let battle commence!!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I think it would be close, but I'm going with Beast Man. My version of Grizzlor is a wild animal but, as dumb as he may act, Beast Man still has enough intelligence to outsmart him.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; November 20, 2010 at 08:51pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I go with Beast Man as well.

In my canon, no character is as dumb as they've been portrayed in the cartoons.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

One on one without any outside help from anyone or anything which Beast Man could summon, I have to go with Grizzlor! He is a lot more vicious.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I think Gizzlor is more cunning, savage, stronger, bigger & more deadly than Beast Man. Gizzlor would snap Beast Mans neck like a branch.

This is a tough one, I really don't know who to go for.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I think this would be an interesting battle: Grizzlor is motu's big bad wolf and can defeat Beastman in a heartbeat, BUT Beastman can control savage beast and Grizzlor is one of them. Like the episode where Beastman controlled Man-E-Monster.
    I want to see pics of both figures facing-off. If my Grizz arrives I'll post 'em
    Let'is get it on!!
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Beast Man.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm going to say Grizzlor. He's a beserker who induces so much fear that he'll break Beast Man's concentration so much that he won't be able to maintain his control over his beasts. Grizzlor steps in and brains Beast Man. Game over.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

As much as I like Beast Man (more than Grizzlor), I have to give it to the Horde's henchman. I don't think Beast Man can control him. He doesn't seem to control any other monstrous characters such as Whiplash, Two-Badd, etc. I think of Grizz as a Wookiee on steroids, in a way. Beast Man seems only able to control non-sentient species of monsters. Man-E falls in there as a barely controlled "role" that the actor "plays" when needed.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

I voted Grizzlor. I would be an interesting fight.

I'm really shocked at the poll results. I gotta go with Beastman. To me, Grizzlor is just a rip-off of him.

It's strange to see people say Grizzlor is more vicious because he was just as much a bumbler in the toon as Beastman, and he had less powers.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for Grizzlor. I like the idea of Grizzlor being like he was in the comic Grizzlor the legend comes alive as the mad beast that he is. And Beast Man's power over beast not working on him.

Beast man. He has beasts. Sure, I feel that is a cheat, but it's in his arsenal. In a fight without beasts? Who can say? That's like saying which swordsman would win in a fight without swords? It's immaterial.

But I admittedly dont know much about any iteration of Grizzlor, just that Beastman's fury and strength and shear "beastial savagery" should make mincemeat outta Grizzlor.

Beastman for the win. The mental control of other beasts if not Grizzlor himself deffinately swings this in favor of the orange ape man.

Beast-Man. I always felt that Grizzlor is just a Beast-Man clone.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Battle Ram, Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Tung Lashor, Dragstor, Masks of Power Demons, Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

I have to go with Beast-Man too!