View Poll Results: Do you want all the original pop horses to be in MOTUC?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please!

79 39.30%
  • No thanks, goodbye horses!

122 60.70%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many horses in pop for MOTUC to produce?

Too many horses in pop for MOTUC to produce?

Okay, so I'm not against pop char being in MOTUC (Bow and She-ra look awsome) but I think that there are way too many horses in the original pop line to hold interest to the majority of MOTUC subscribers.

Do fans really want 8 or so horses taking up slots....?

Yes, I want translucent horses. I care not about any of the others, but I do want translucent horses...all 3 of them....well, actually only 2 of them but might as well include the 3rd one too .....
    Last edited by slackrguy; October 5, 2011 at 11:30pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I laughed at the Goodbye Horses reference... as a POP fan I'd like to have them all, but being realistic, I don't think that they will sell fast enough for Mattel... I think that EVEN Spirit will need some huge OOMPH! to sell. If they only make Storm, Spirit and Arrow I'd be OK...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I agree; I'd love to get all of them but if we don't for some reason, Spirit, Arrow, and Storm are MUSTS!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I laughed at the Goodbye Horses reference... as a POP fan I'd like to have them all, but being realistic, I don't think that they will sell fast enough for Mattel... I think that EVEN Spirit will need some huge OOMPH! to sell. If they only make Storm, Spirit and Arrow I'd be OK...
    Oh no sir, i must say you're wrong. Won't you listen to me.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Arrow and maybe one of the crystal horses and I'd probably be good. I don't think Storm adds much since Catra already has Clawdeen.

Swiftwind, Arrow and Storm are enough for me.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Arrow and maybe one of the crystal horses and I'd probably be good. I don't think Storm adds much since Catra already has Clawdeen.
    I couldn't agree more!

I horses that I would like to see in the line are:
    - Spirit
    - Arrow (Filmation Colours)
    - 1 x Crystal Horse
    Last edited by Yogopop; October 6, 2011 at 01:27am.
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

I would have to go with just Arrow and Spirit. But since neither will have those massive expensive wings, I hope each comes with a twiggit to make up for the price remaining the same with less parts.

I dont feel we really need a Spirit. I would be ok if they released an Arrow. I dont know who Storm is, and I cannot be bothered to look it up right now, so I dont care about that either.

However I would like them to make a Gold Unicorn for Teela, ala Comics.

So 3 horses ain't bad. And sure a Spirit if you really must, but really?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    I would have to go with just Arrow and Spirit. But since neither will have those massive expensive wings, I hope each comes with a twiggit to make up for the price remaining the same with less parts.
    I like your idea of putting twiggets in there. I only want 3. skinny ugly one, big fat one, and good looking girl one. But neat idea.
    Last edited by baronterror; October 6, 2011 at 01:33am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

swifty is enough for me!!...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Yes please, the more the merrier.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I will take as many as they can produce.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Arrow would be nice to get, but I am not especially in love with a lot of the others from Sweet Bee's horse to Teela's unicorn. Even Spirit isn't one I really care if we get real soon. They all have fans though and I don't actively want those fans to be disappointed. But I'd like Mattel to space it out. I might get annoyed if we can count on one of the four large items to be a horse for the next consecutive four or five years, you know? I saw less of a reason to take a break on army builders for 2011, yet much to my chagrin we did.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    At this point in time I will be content with Swift Wind because he is the most important of all and my most wanted of the horses so I'm really glad he's going to be released next month. I can't wait! My toy collection takes up a lot of space and I don't have much room to display all of it anyway. I probably need to size the collection down even more :x

All 8 vintage PoP horses:
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    This... Times 2.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe Arrow would be nice... MAYBE spirit and/or toy versions of Swift wind.

honestly I'm not a fan of repaints in general... and they went a little crazy with the horses. it looks like EVERYONE got a flying horse. Kind of downplays the awesome significance of She-ra riding a pegasus.

Put Catra on a lion, bow can ride a normal horse.

Honestly if they MUST give us 4 beast slots a year... I don't want them ALL to be horses

You've all got to be kidding me.

We haven't even purchased our FIRST horse, and there's a poll asking if we want to say GOODBYE to horses??

Give me a break LOL!!! Come on, people!!!

You can't deal with FOUR more horses in a line that is tentatively laid out for the next SEVERAL years??

There were five unique horse characters: Swift Wind (She-Ra), Storm (Catra), Arrow (Bow), Moonbeam (Peekablue), & Sundancer (Sweet Bee).

Sundancer appeared in a She-Ra episode with He-Man. He carried HeMan and She-Ra through space.

Exactly what do you propose they put into those beast slots instead?? More cats?? More Shadow Beast buck creatures?

I don't need variants of SW or Storm, but I want:

Storm
    Arrow
    Moonbeam
    Sundancer

Toyguru has mentioned both Sundancer and Moonbeam a few times; so he is aware of them, and frankly, if he's aware of them then they are likely on the list.

I just don't get how so many of you would vote "no."
    There isn't much, if anything, I wouldn't want in this line, but when I see a poll asking if I want something or not, I just won't vote if I feel especially disinterested. I would never actively try to prohibit certain obviously important characters from the line just because I don't like them as much as other characters.
    Last edited by bcrduke; October 7, 2011 at 02:35am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Seriously, we have people bleating about a white battlecat repaint, yet the idea of the POP horses is abhorant???

And the 1st one isnt even released yet! This place is getting worse!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I wouldn't want more then one POP horse a year.
    I think I'd take Storm (I prefer Storm over Clawdeen), Arrow (Filmation colours, I wouldn't buy the toy colours), Spirit(but this should have been a two for one deal with Swift Wind) and Frosta's horse Winter as I think they could really go to town with the snow and ice theme on this one and make it look awesome.
    I wouldn't buy any of the crystal horses.
    Last edited by 13977; October 20, 2011 at 06:35am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Why wouldnt they have wings?

Mattel have paid for this Buck, and all the vintage Toy horses had wings!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I had no idea there were so many darn horses in the POP line...

I really don't want all of those. I don't think I could handle two pink horses in my collection. >.<
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

We haven't even purchased our FIRST horse, and there's a poll asking if we want to say GOODBYE to horses??

You can't deal with FOUR more horses in a line that is tentatively laid out for the next SEVERAL years??

There were five unique horse characters: Swift Wind (She-Ra), Storm (Catra), Arrow (Bow), Moonbeam (Peekablue), & Sundancer (Sweet Bee).

Sundancer appeared in a She-Ra episode with He-Man. He carried HeMan and She-Ra through space.

Exactly what do you propose they put into those beast slots instead?? More cats?? More Shadow Beast buck creatures?

Storm
    Arrow
    Moonbeam
    Sundancer

Toyguru has mentioned both Sundancer and Moonbeam a few times; so he is aware of them, and frankly, if he's aware of them then they are likely on the list.

There isn't much, if anything, I wouldn't want in this line, but when I see a poll asking if I want something or not, I just won't vote if I feel especially disinterested. I would never actively try to prohibit certain obviously important characters from the line just because I don't like them as much as other characters.
    Totally agreed. We are just about to get our first horse and already people are worried about a deluge of them. So far at least on the beast side they have spaced and varied things greatly. I doubt we are going to be getting 3-4 horses a year. We may not even get 1 horse a year, but I would like to at least get Storm & Arrow. Getting Sundancer and Moonbeam would be especially awesome for me. I want everything included in this line. That's what this line is about. All characters and beasts both great and small. Its one unified line meant to encompass everything, not just a sampling of things. As long as they continue to manage the release of these products gradually to keep up with my finances then I will continue to purchase all of these releases. I want every little thing, both silly and strange...even Plundor...eventually.

eh I wouldnt mind a few more, but I think the poll answers should have a few different ones.

Like yes give me all the horses
    give me a couple more
    give me 1 more (which one)
    and lastly no more horses

I would be in the couple more, for my personal tastes Arrow and Storm would be cool, I wouldn't cry if Moon or sun were made. But I think it is a bit early to start worrying about the horses over taking anyone's collections
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Thank you for posting that, Synthalus. I really doubt we will see the variants of Swift Wind or Storm, however that's probably the right number of potential reuses if we count Spirit, Frosta's horse Winter, and Teela's unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Storm
    Arrow
    Moonbeam
    Sundancer

Yes I limited my indifference and apprehension about a horse a year for seven years straight to just an ignorable comment and refuse to vote against toys others want. But I think Mattel will make at least Spirit and Teela's unicorn as well as the ones you mentioned, and that's a lot of equine--more than the giant cats even if we count Magicat and Illumina's cat and don't count Frosta's horse Winter.
    Horses
    1. Spirit
    2. Swift Wind
    3. Moonbeam
    4. Sundancer
    5. Arrow
    6. Storm
    7. Unicorn

Cats
    1. Battle Cat
    2. Panthor
    3. Illumina's Cat
    4. Battle Lion
    5. Clawdeen
    6. Magicat

Uncertainty for me didn't just suddenly come up though. I've always thought there were a lot of horses to include without even counting variants. I hope the line lasts long enough so that people get all the ones they want and we don't have to have a horse every year either to pull that off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Seriously, we have people bleating about a white battlecat repaint, yet the idea of the POP horses is abhorant???

And the 1st one isnt even released yet! This place is getting worse!
    While I don't find horses abhorrent, generally a giant ridable tiger is always going to be cooler to me than a horse, even if it's a flying unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Why wouldnt they have wings?

Mattel have paid for this Buck, and all the vintage Toy horses had wings!
    At least for Arrow, I'm not sure if they would give him the wings if they base him on the wingless Filmation design (which I think is nicer than the toy's design actually). I don't know about the others. I'd hope that the horses would have features to echo their riders like ice bits on Winter and maybe antennae on Sundancer. Anything to make them more than just repaints!

Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    I really don't want all of those. I don't think I could handle two pink horses in my collection. >.<
    Two? Swift Wind will be white, and there's no indication that we'll be getting his variants. That just leaves Sundancer, who is made of crystal so not exactly a typical pink horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    eh I wouldnt mind a few more, but I think the poll answers should have a few different ones.

Like yes give me all the horses
    give me a couple more
    give me 1 more (which one)
    and lastly no more horses

I would be in the couple more, for my personal tastes Arrow and Storm would be cool, I wouldn't cry if Moon or sun were made. But I think it is a bit early to start worrying about the horses over taking anyone's collections
    I'd still need an option for "just space them out a little." Of course we might not get them all if they do. I guess I wasn't meant to vote here.
    Last edited by gbagok; October 7, 2011 at 02:07pm.